The Runaways

• Thread starter roseprincess2144
  • Start date
(I did Red is searching fro breakfast right now)

Axel rolled over sluggishly; it seemed as if it took all of his energy to sit up, like his own body was too heavy for him. Finally up, albeit slouched over, Axel's jaw dropped at an obscene level around a yawn. He ran his hand over his face, like he was trying to rub the sleep out of his face. As he came to, he felt the throb of a bruise beginning to form in his side.

He'd been snoring, then.

Axel got to his feet and stretched, the bones in his long body snapping back into place before standing idly in the spot he rose in. He knew Red wasn't there because she was usually gone by the time he decided to wake up.

Food. He thought absently, the usual second thought that came to him after waking. Even though he and Red had been taken in, he was highly doubtful that they'd get food for free. Deeming himself presentable, he emerged from the cellar and into the bar room.

Red was making her from table to table. There weren't a ton of customers but enough to keep her busy. Luckily for her it was too early in the day for any of them to be drunk and so she was able to wait on them without any problem.

Bill had given her a small breakfast. But small was better than nothing. In return Red had to help clean and waitress for him. She wondered where Axel was. He was usually a late sleeper but being in a new environment made her uneasy. She heard someone call from one of the tables to her and walked over to them.

After receiving their order she headed towards the bar to get the table another round of drinks. She noticed Axel walking into the bar room. He still looked a bit sleepy. Red laughed to herself and waved at him. "Morning sleeping beauty." she said.

Axel subtly flipped her the bird and approached the bar itself to lean on it, eyes still a bit drooped from sleep.

"There's this thing I hear called breakfast," he yawned. "Where can I get me some of that?"

He took a seat on one of the bar stools and knocked on the wooden surface, sleepy eyes glinting mischievously. "Come on, sweet cheeks. Get to waitin' on me."

Red stuck her tongue out at him when she saw him give her the bird. She shook her head as she walked to the table she had just taken orders from. After cleaning off another table, she walked back to the bar. Red rolled her eyes at Axel, "Well since you asked so nicely, Axel, i'm gonna make you a huge bowl...of nothing." she said laughing.

Axel put on the most horror-stricken look he could muster.

"You're going to let me starve?!"
He pouted and rest his chin on folded arms, widening his green eyes for greater effect.

"Are you really going to let me starve?"

Red laughed at Axel's expression. He knew that those puppy dog eyes didn't work on her. But she couldn't let him starve. "Alright. I'll go talk to Bill and see if he'll give you anything. Next time you should get up earlier." she scolded him.