The Ragnarok Virus (Characters/Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twisted Dreamer

Original poster
Plot Introduction

"Something went incredibly wrong." The young man awkwardly ran his hand through his damp hair, droplets of sweat beading along his brow. "The virus was harmless on its own, but with the aid of other viruses…" He shakes his head, his eyes darting from side to side as if he would find an answer floating in the air. And though he seemed exhausted and worn, his voice was strained and full of urgency. "It became….commander, using the other viruses like a well trained army to achieve its means." The man jumped as a large bang echoed, the frosted window in the door behind him slowly became consumed with shadows. the lamp located off screen was the only source of light in the room. "Oh god." His shaky voice broke as his eyes welled with tears. He broke, if but only for a moment, consumed with frantic emotion before pulling himself to together. "The entire lower level has been sealed off. They act like wild animals, but they're smart." Loud bangs threaten to drown out his voice. "My name is Carl Ferrell, my sister's name is Jackie. I think she made it to the upper levels. Dear God, please let this message make it." The young man reached towards the camera just as this horrible noise filled everyone's ears, almost human, but not quite. His face wore an expression of defeat, before the screen went black.

The lights in the meeting room raised slowly to an appropriate brightness, and all that could be heard for a long time was deafening silence. The director of the CDC waited for the reality of the situation to sink in to the doctors before him, before asking for volunteers.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/the-ragnarok-virus.47802/

Character Sheet

Please fill out the character sheet below for approval. Approval is based on how well the character will fit in with the RP and room. Characters needed include scientists/doctors, lab technicians, security, CDC agents, marines (working as security for the investigating CDC). If you are interested in playing an antagonist, besides a vector. Please PM me so I can fill you in/discuss the antagonist's grand scheme motive.

Any participant may become a vector at any time. In which case, I will PM some specific attributes and limitations of your newly infected vector. These are not written in stone and will of course be up for discussion and suggestions. I welcome suggestions towards plot, character development, ect, ect. If you are highly against being turned into a vector, PM me and it can be discussed.

Name:
Description of Position:
(If necessary)
Specialty: (eg: A lab technician will have viable knowledge of lab equipment, where as a Doctor will not. This section may be omitted if placed in description of position, or player decides it is common knowledge)
Personality:
Brief History:
Appearance:
(Realistic preferred, or verbal description)

Characters

Name: Doctor Claudia "Gillie" Gillespie
Professional Position: Cell Biologist and Agent for the CDC
Description of Position: Claudia is the director of the investigation team sent to Vir2lex Corporation in Antartica
Specialty: As well as cell biology she contains knowledge of viruses and well versed in lab equipment
Personality: Gillie isn't afraid to get her hands dirty, and is a very hands on doctor. She feels the only way to make sure it done properly is to do it yourself. She also has a very low tolerance for excuses and is a no nonsense leader when it comes to her job.
Brief History: Gillie decided she would become a Doctor after having to take care of her mother who eventually passed away at the age of 19, she suffered from amyloidosis, a rare protein disorder. She had no other family to speak of, which left her hardened and able to solely focus on her work.
Appearance

--------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Luna Gillian
Professional Position: Doctor
Description of Position: General physician for Vir2lex
Specialty: Higher than average knowledge on human anatomy thus being able to tell anomalies and illness with other people.
Personality: Having seen many things she probably shouldn't have, she's a very quiet and humble person. However, having been apart of covering up failed experiments by writing off patients as either "dying of natural causes" or simply "missing in action", she has little compassion for the living or the dead. She has become used to seeing the world as a large experiment conducted by the curious and the greedy, making her have no hope for any future. Despite the much hopelessness in her heart, she still tries her best to conduct her duties as a doctor and to follow her orders given, without behaving depressingly or resistant.
Brief History: She was hired with the thought that she'd apply bandages to injured lab workers or prescribe pills to keep others awake. Yet as time went on and more of the people who came to her were deformed and infected with a type of virus she began asking questions. People above her rank were rather stern and vague in their answers, but unlike most people who felt entitled to the information she kept her mouth shut and accepted her orders. Because of this she at times would over hear conversations about the virus and many people would let their guard down and let a few words slip out, giving her some knowledge on the situations but nothing that would make her a target to get rid of due to knowing too much.
Appearance:
Stands at 5"7'. Usually dressed in a white lab coat, despite being a doctor, and black flat shoes. Her dark hair is short and cut, purely to avoid patients grabbing on her in a state of rage and catching her off guard. Under her coat she holds a belt with syringes, gauze, and a few pills, her practical utility belt for emergencies. She wears a set of glasses, more for reading than seeing in general, with a silver frame. She's usually straight faced, but does at times smile at those who are honest and sensible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Name: Tom Price

Professional Position: CDC security

Description of Position: Tom was appointed to the CDC security detail by his commanding officer who worked for the CIA. He was instructed to keep records of all events of the project and to ensure that the CDC team remained alive as they figure out what's going on and how to fix it.
Specialty: Weaponry and survival.
Personality: Tom is a good leader and his main focus it getting everyone back home safe. He's a "no man left behind" kind of guy but understands when someone is too far gone. He can be silent most of the time but is vocal when in action. He is good at assessing situation and keeping calm for the most part.

Brief History: Tom worked as a United States Marine for seven years and has steadily worked his way up the ranks and has gotten close with personnel in the C.I.A. He was shipped in to the Ragnarok project before things went bad and is now in charge of keeping the remaining CDC personnel alive and keep records of everything that goes on inside of the facility.

Appearance: (Tom is on the left, with the shotgun)
image-jpg.28285

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Charles Okimura
Professional position: Nanoscientist
Specialty: Has in-depth knowledge about every instrument and anything run by electricity within the facility
Personality: Charles likes a good chuckle, and often tries to brighten the moods of others with puns or small jokes. However, he takes his job extremely seriously, and is very good at it. He is determined to solve the problems of the virus, even if it means he has to risk his own life.
Short bio: Charles was working in one of the leading universities of U.S.A before being drafted to take part in the experiments. He has a wife, daughter and two grandchildren waiting for him to come home.
Appearance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Luna Gillian
Professional Position: Doctor
Description of Position: (If I need to be a specific doctor let me know, otherwise I guess I'm just a typical doctor haha)
Specialty: Higher than average knowledge on human anatomy thus being able to tell anomalies and illness with other people.
Personality: Having seen many things she probably shouldn't have, she's a very quiet and humble person. However, having been apart of covering up failed experiments by writing off patients as either "dying of natural causes" or simply "missing in action", she has little compassion for the living or the dead. She has become used to seeing the world as a large experiment conducted by the curious and the greedy, making her have no hope for any future. Despite the much hopelessness in her heart, she still tries her best to conduct her duties as a doctor and to follow her orders given, without behaving depressingly or resistant.
Brief History: She was hired with the thought that she'd apply bandages to injured lab workers or prescribe pills to keep others awake. Yet as time went on and more of the people who came to her were deformed and infected with a type of virus she began asking questions. People above her rank were rather stern and vague in their answers, but unlike most people who felt entitled to the information she kept her mouth shut and accepted her orders. Because of this she at times would over hear conversations about the virus and many people would let their guard down and let a few words slip out, giving her some knowledge on the situations but nothing that would make her a target to get rid of due to knowing too much.
Appearance:
Stands at 5"7'. Usually dressed in a white lab coat, despite being a doctor, and black flat shoes. Her dark hair is short and cut, purely to avoid patients grabbing on her in a state of rage and catching her off guard. Under her coat she holds a belt with syringes, gauze, and a few pills, her practical utility belt for emergencies. She wears a set of glasses, more for reading than seeing in general, with a silver frame. She's usually straight faced, but does at times smile at those who are honest and sensible.

Name: Tom Price

Professional Position: CDC security

Description of Position:
Tom was appointed to the CDC security detail by his commanding officer who worked for the CIA. He was instructed to keep records of all events of the project and to ensure that the CDC team remained alive as they figure out what's going on and how to fix it.
Specialty: Weaponry and survival.
Personality: Tom is a good leader and his main focus it getting everyone back home safe. He's a "no man left behind" kind of guy but understands when someone is too far gone. He can be silent most of the time but is vocal when in action. He is good at assessing situation and keeping calm for the most part.

Brief History: Tom worked as a United States Marine for seven years and has steadily worked his way up the ranks and has gotten close with personnel in the C.I.A. He was shipped in to the Ragnarok project before things went bad and is now in charge of keeping the remaining CDC personnel alive and keep records of everything that goes on inside of the facility.

Appearance: image.jpg (Tom is on the left, with the shotgun)

Last edited:
I Posted, the link to the post is above.

If I may...

Name: Charles Okimura
Professional position: Nanoscientist
Specialty: Has in-depth knowledge about every instrument and anything run by electricity within the facility
Personality: Charles likes a good chuckle, and often tries to brighten the moods of others with puns or small jokes. However, he takes his job extremely seriously, and is very good at it. He is determined to solve the problems of the virus, even if it means he has to risk his own life.
Short bio: Charles was working in one of the leading universities of U.S.A before being drafted to take part in the experiments. He has a wife, daughter and two grandchildren waiting for him to come home.
Appearance:
9350881david-suzuki_zps44408e03.jpg

Name: Boris Sholevesk
Nationality: Russian-American
Professional Position: US Marine Protection Detail Commander
Description of Position: He's the big cheese when it comes to security and where to go to keep safe. Basically, he'd be in control, cause without him, people start dying real quick ^.^
Specialty: Weapons, combat, stealth, and theorizing. [He can shoot and make a theory as to why they're so evil and smart at the same time! :D]
Personality: Joking, dedicated man with a heart of gold. Would be truly ashamed if his own Marines didn't do what was right.
Brief History: Grew up until the age of 8 in Russia, and then immigrated to America. Having already learned Russian, and only snippets of English, he struggled with English up until he was 18, went to college for art, english, and science. During, he was in the US National Guard to help pay for school, and afterwards went full-time for the duration of his contract. Once he got out, he joined the US Marines, and worked his way up.
Appearance: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617024418/metro2033/images/3/35/Ulmanchops.jpg

And @Lady Bernkastel I would think that your character is a electrical engineer, not a nanoscientist. If you were a scientist, then you'd be science, not eletricity.

Just saying, a nanoscientist doesn't usually mess with the wires.

@The Oddsman Well I had to have him specialized in something. I couldn't just have said "He knows everything that's going on about the virus and he practically knows how to fix it". If he uses the technology every day then he should know how to handle it, and how to fix it.

Besides, Twisted Dreamer already accepted my CS. There's no need to criticize it if the RP maker doesn't.

I'm just saying a nanoscientist isn't going to be an electrical engineer. It's not critism; it's me confused with it. Nanoscientist would, well, be more with the studying and the taxonomy and such.

I don't see why you have to go around everywhere being so negative? It's all in good fun, is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.