The Queen's Chambers

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Reina

The Dark Queen
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
  5. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
In the mornings usually but only during the week. Weekends are devoted to the family.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Modern, Magical, Romance, Medieval, Fantasy, Slice of Life
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

WORK IN PROCESS

Kathryn

Last edited:

Xandor Targaryen

HOUSE: Targaryen
NAME: Xandor Targaryen
TITLE(S): Lord Paramount of the Crownlands

APPEARANCE: Xandor is slim and tall, standing at 6'1". His features are defined, his face narrow and his eyes are a piercing shade of emerald green. His long platinum hair, the trademark of House Targaryen, reaches just above his hips.

HOUSE MEMBERS:
Helenah Targaryen, 24, wife and sister. Twin of Derrick Targaryen.
Daiman Targaryen, 8, son
Liliyana Targaryen, 6, daughter
Derrick Targaryen, 24, brother
Braeden Targaryen, 22, brother
Marcel Targaryen, 49, uncle
Ariah Targaryen, 45, aunt
Caden Targaryen, 52, father, deceased
Narsisa Targaryen, 30, mother, deceased (passed during childbirth)

BIOGRAPHY: Xandor is the first born of Caden and Narsisa Targaryen. His childhood was a relatively happy one. He was raised on all the various stories of his ancestors and the accomplishments of his house. Even as a young boy, his heart swelled with pride upon hearing the stories of Aegon the Conqueror and the dragons, fierce beasts that could only be tamed by a Targaryen. Xandor often dreamed of being a dragon rider and ordering the dragon to breathe fire. It was a true shame they were driven to extinction, mostly due to improper care.

The maester of Dragonstone insured all the children were well versed on Targaryen history. They learned everything from Aegon the Conqueror to the three Targaryen rebellions fought over the past century.

In fact, the rebellions were constantly on their minds. Xandor had many memories of his father and uncle discussing the events and what they would have changed or done differently. The two men mostly spoke of the third rebellion and Queen Roslyn's war on their house. "It was the massacre at Harrenhal, Marcel!", Xandor's father would yell. "Had the soldiers been sober, we would not have lost the numbers we did and the rebellion would not have been thrown into chaos."

"We should have sent men to assist the Boltons!" Marcel, his uncle, would retort. "Had the Starks remained in the North where they belonged, a Targaryen would be on the throne now and that usurper, Roslyn, would be dead."

As Xandor continued to grow, these discussions grew more and more frequent. "Our family is the only surviving kin of Aerion. We are meant to rule the seven kingdoms." The two brothers discussed their opinions openly amongst the family though they never dared speak of such things outside the castle walls. Though they actively discussed the prior rebellions, they did not dare speak of launching a fourth.

At 20, Xandor married his sister Helenah, then 15, at the behest of his father. The Targaryen line had to be kept pure. Though it was Targaryen tradition, Xandor was apprehensive for various reasons. He never voiced any of them however and married his sister as his family instructed. At 21, Xandor and Helenah's son, Daiman was born and two years later, their daughter, Liliyana was born.

As his children grew and he watched them play and learn the same histories he had when he was a child, Xandor came to a realization. These stories would always be history, they would always be about what once was and not about what is. The thought festered in his mind for some time until he approached his father Caden. It was time the Targaryens took back the iron throne. He had been hearing his father discuss the rebellions for years with his uncle. They knew what they would have done differently. It was time to take action.

Caden's reaction however, was unexpected. Though Xandor's father had spent years discussing the rebellions, he did not wish to lay the ground work to begin another. He was content with being Lord Paramount of the Crownlands and admitted a certain amount of fear regarding Queen Roslyn and her forces. The revelation came as a shock to Xandor and he was appalled at his father's cowardice but his hands were tied. As long as Caden was Lord of the Crownlands, there was little Xandor could do.

One year after their conversation, Caden Targaryen grew ill. His health declined rapidly and within a few days passed away. Xandor was named Lord Paramount, at age 26, in his place. He immediately sent word to his bannermen of the change in leadership. Xandor governed the Crownlands justly but with an iron fist. He would not be denied in his requests and expected swift action. He demanded respect and did not tolerate insolence. All the while, the rebellion remained on his mind. He contemplated the possibilities and strategies incessantly. A Targaryen belonged on the throne. He belonged on the throne.

Now he had received an invitation to Queen Roslyn's name day celebration. It was perfect. All the heads of the various Houses in Westeros would be there. Xandor knew exactly what to do once he arrived.

CLAIM: Himself. The iron throne belongs to the Targaryens and Xandor intends to take it back, no matter the cost.

HEX: #D40

Last edited:

✵WILLIAM J. BRADFORD

Cursed for
20 years
Nationality
French

Height
6'1''
Weight
195lbs

Languages
English, French

✵BIOGRAPHY

William James Bradford. It was a name well known in the province. It was a name that commanded respect, a name filled with prestige, and a name that equaled power. The Bradford estate controlled the region and William was its heir and executor. His parents, upon their unfortunate death, left the entire estate to their only son. William was left alone, at an early age, with only his servants to help raise him. His servants, in their attempt to raise William properly and even perhaps overcompensating for the loss of his actual parents, created a sense of entitlement in William that altered who he was when he became a man.

He had everything his heart could ever desire. He had money, power, celebrity and his choice of any woman. But William's entitlement bred arrogance and eventually cruelty. He looked down on others that didn't carry his level of wealth and power. He mistreated his servants, even though they had raised him, and anyone he deemed lesser than him. He cared for no one but himself. His interests took precedence over everything and he didn't care who he had to step on to get what he wanted. He increased his estate to the point where the Bradford name owned almost everything within a twenty mile radius of his lavish mansion.

William was an excellent business man but he achieved his excellence through deception and greed. He made underhanded deals that only benefited him and left the other party scrambling and unable to recover their losses. One day, however, William attempted to take advantage of the wrong man.

In another attempt to make a deal that only benefited him, William angered a wealthy benefactor by the name of Robert Mullings. William was set to take over Robert's properties and land but unbeknownst to William, Robert 's properties housed a large coven of witches and Robert was the head warlock. Robert did not take well to William's schemes, nor the loss of his home and those of his coven members. He vowed to make William regret the day he ever crossed him.

One night, just before the deal was about to close, Robert Mullings arrived at the Bradford mansion. He and William had an extensive argument that would have gotten to blows had Robert not pulled out his wand. At the sight of it William buckled over in laughter. Robert admitting he was a warlock made William laugh even harder. He would soon regret laughing at Robert Mullings. The warlock began to chant and all the lights in William's mansion went out. "If you wish to act like the devil then that is what you shall become!" Robert shouted as a bright light escaped from his wand and hit William straight in the middle of his chest.

Pain. It was instant. William's body began to contort wildly, his skin falling in clumps and replaced with leathery red flesh. Giant horns protruded from his skull painfully, William yelling at the top of his lungs during the entire transformation. His servants came immediately and attempted to stop whatever was happening but Robert cast his spell on them as well. "For enabling him and creating the monster... you, too, shall suffer." Every servant in the house lost their corporeal forms, being forced to remain in the mansion as ghosts, destined to serve their master until he broke the curse.

Robert's curse transformed William into a hideous red demon, a reflection of who he was truly on the inside. Like his servants, he was trapped within his mansion unable to leave until he found a way to break the curse.

Robert gave William two conditions. First he had to learn to treat others how he would want to be treated himself and secondly he had to find someone to love him in his current form. He would not age nor would he die until the spell was broken. Robert disappeared after that, leaving William alone to deal with his consequences. William destroyed his entire mansion. He destroyed every photo, everything that showed who he once was. Every day for years on end he attempted a new way to end his life but nothing worked. He was trapped. He became crueler than he ever was, giving himself completely to the demon form and foregoing what once made him human.

Twenty years passed. Twenty years. The Bradford name became nothing more than a memory, an unsolved mystery that no one cared to solve anymore.The curse kept his mansion hidden and any semblance of love he might have once had disappeared into the nothing. He truly became the demon he had turned into and there would never be a way to turn him from it...or so he thought.

Last edited:
F9yOfvs.png
THE PRESIDENT IS DEAD
  • O v e r v i e w
    Genres: Political intrigue, Modern, Slice of life, Drama, Suspense
    Posting Expectation: Intermediate - Adept

Summary
    The President of the United States was shot and killed. The Vice President has assumed office but the new leader of the free world lacks the prowess and boldness to rule the country. The members of his cabinet do not trust him and secret meetings become more and more rampant. The general election is two years away and each party has begun the vetting process of selecting a new candidate.

• R u l e s

- General Iwaku rules and role-playing regulations apply. This means that god-modding, power-playing, meta-gaming, and the likes are strictly forbidden.
    - Minimum posting expectation: Intermediate to Adept. No one-liners here, but that's not to say I expect novels either. At least a three paragraph minimum.
    - Romance is permitted however this role-play is not Redstar.
    - Swearing is also permitted, but keep it within the limit of good taste, please.
    - Respect your GM and respect each other.
    - This is a face-claim role-play. In other words, real people pictures only. No anime or semi-realistic art.

Activity
    - Post at least once a week. I know that life can be hectic, just communicate with me and you will find I am very understanding.
    - Going on hiatus? Inform me. Tell me when I should be expecting your return. Will your hiatus last two weeks? A month? What do you want me to do with your character while you're on leave? If you disappear without telling me, I'll just assume you're dead, turn your character into a NPC, and proceed with the role-play without you.
    - If you want out, inform me. Don't just drop off the face of the Earth or something. Just remember that I reserve the right to do whatever I wish with your character once you leave, for the sake of continuity.
    - If you haven't posted for a week, you can be sure I will pester you about it in the PMs. If you don't post within the allotted time, I'll boot you out of the role-play. Simple as that.

OOC
    - A special thread exists for out-of-character conversations. All OOCs go there. I will NOT see any OOCs in the Sign-Up thread and the IC thread. Such posts will be automatically deleted.
    - No OOC drama, no elitism. Talking about drama is fine, but stirring up the same with your fellow role-players and ruining the fun for everyone is an entirely different matter and something I will not tolerate. That being said, respect yourself and respect each other.
  • C h a r a c t e r s

(faceClaim as name; played by playerName)
    TBA
  • C h a r a c t e r S h e e t

Appearance: (Real people pics only)
    Face claim: (Who's that person whose face you're using for your character?)

Name:
    Ethnicity:
    Personality:
    Position:
    Political Affiliation:
    Biography:

Template by darkflames13

Last edited:
WIP

Character Sheet for Seth

SETH ROLLANDS

1NSvNkn.jpg
CUHOJ8v.jpg
gbChfVb.jpg
niNkeDr.jpg

HEIGHT
6'2

WEIGHT
195 lbs

HAIR
Blonde, kept short

EYES
Blue

PERSONALITY

DISLIKES
VAMPIRES!

ABILITIES
He's an angel. Of course he has abilities!!

BIO

I know not who Seth is YET!!!

Last edited:
WaRP
WIP

Am I really doing this?!!! (pulls out own hair)

THE REALM OF AGUILON

HISTORY
In an age long ago - before the dawn of man - a lone god ruled over a vast wasteland. The rule of The First lasted for a millennia before he decided to expand his creation to a much larger universe. Fearing that he could not do so alone, The First split himself into three gods based on the fundamental principles of life. The first god, Thauliaes, represented growth, decay, life, and death. The second god, Visuvius, represented matter, structure, and physicality. The third god, Rhaynora, represented thought, consciousness, and awareness.

The Originals began to create the realm that would be known as Aguilon. As they began to expand, they created another level of gods that would be known as The Powers and The Powers created the remainder of the pantheon. The pantheon, together, created mankind.
---------------
Certain gods show favoritism? to certain humans, calling them the chosen and blessing them with supernatural abilities. The higher in the hierarchy the god, the more powerful the power of the chosen. The chosen are marked by the god (tattoo or change in eye color? or both).

Why the god chooses to bless the human is up to the god. Some gods have taken a romantic liking to certain humans and have blessed them with new abilities to show their affection. Other gods are impressed with the work the humans have done to serve them and have blessed them with abilities. Others do it to spite other gods and their chosen.

The powers are maintained at the discretion of the god that granted them. They can be taken away by said god and can also be taken by a higher level god.
-----------------------

THE PANTHEON
The Originals - Level 1 (3 gods)
Based on fundamental principles (growth/decay/life/death, matter/structure/physicality, thought/consciousness/awareness)

The Powers - Level 2 (9 gods)
Based on abstract concepts (i.e. time, space, energy, logic, luck, creativity)
Zaiman - God of Time

The Lower Powers - Level 3 (27 gods)
Based on fundamental elements (i.e. darkness, light, metals, weather)

The Psychological? - Level 4 (81 gods)
Based on human emotions/actions (i.e. ambition, courage, lust, anger, discord, war)

The Physical - Level 5 (243 gods)
Based on broad physical concepts (i.e. rocks, trees, water, clouds, animals)

The Lower - Level 6 (729 gods)
Based on subsets of the physical concepts (i.e. spiders, roses, rubies)
Madach - God of mushrooms

Total : 1092

POLITICAL/SOCIO-ECONOMIC
Essentially it works like a series of interconnected circles, building up into a single government. You have local bureaucrats who are responsible for maintaining a city or town, and they report to bureaucrats responsible for maintaining about the equivalent of a state. Those guys report to people in charge of a region, and those guys report to someone responsible for the country. That guy then reports to the emperor. This creates a very strict hierarchy in who can actually talk to who. So, someone in a normal village won't be able to talk to the emperor. But they can talk to their local bureaucrat, who will then talk to their superior, etc. etc.

It also sets the grounds for tons of... well, we'd call it corruption in the US. People giving bribes to other people to make sure that they are listened to.

Chosen are higher in the hierarchy! I do think there's a bit of a thing that most high level people have some connection to the gods, but it isn't anywhere near as direct a connection as the Chosen. Even a very high level official (although maybe not the emperor himself and his direct subordinates) would have to be respectful to the Chosen of even one of the Lower gods. After all, the Chosen are able to channel the power of the gods. Normal human armies don't stand much of a chance against them, let alone a single person.

Although, now that I think of it, there is a bit of a separation between church and state. Because most of the chosen don't govern... anything. They are busy serving their gods, and don't have the time (or desire) to deal with the meaningless tasks that come with maintaining a civilization.

So in a way, the two hierarchies are separate. It's just that the government hierarchy has to listen to a large, large majority of the Chosen hierarchy.

King Titus of Morella??

THE LAND
XflEoDX.jpg

I have this idea that this world is, like, really, really big, so there's always unclaimed land and stuff and such, but the further you get from the "center" the more dangerous everything is, so there's this series of giant empires that's sprawled outwards. But they always collapse after they get to a certain size, and the whole thing starts all over again.

...Point being, war is essentially a constant thing, and it's often the chosen participating in that since there's no people to get in the way of whatever it is their gods want them to do.

Giants in the mountains

PLOT
Some of the gods have grown weary of the world they helped create. They tire of mankind and seek to start over, destroying the current world and making it a new. Man can be too predictable. Now that the world's entered a mostly modern stage, the average person is going to do the same thing every day, over and over. Even wars are always provoked for the same reason. The gods have simply lost interest.

However, there are some gods that like the world just the way it is and do not wish to destroy it or the men within it. The gods are in a sort of civil war if you will and it is up to the chosen to help set the world back in order and appease the gods. Some of the gods are trying to maintain the world using their powers, but they just can't keep up and the world is slowly deteriorating.

So the job of our chosen is to find a way to help the gods regain interest in the world as it is. Sometimes that can involve the chosen of the gods, but I don't think it always has to. :D Of course, the more powerful the god the more troublesome it's going to be to regain their interest.

RULES

CHARACTER SHEETS

Last edited:

✵WILLIAM J. BRADFORD

Cursed for
20 years
Born in
France

Height
6'1''
Weight
195lbs
Languages
English, French

✵BIOGRAPHY

William James Bradford. It was a name well known in the province. It was a name that commanded respect, a name filled with prestige, and a name that equaled power. The Bradford estate controlled the region and William was its heir and executor. His parents, upon their unfortunate death, left the entire estate to their only son. William was left alone, at an early age, with only his servants to help raise him. His servants, in their attempt to raise William properly and even perhaps overcompensating for the loss of his actual parents, created a sense of entitlement in William that altered who he was when he became a man.

He had everything his heart could ever desire. He had money, power, celebrity and his choice of any woman. But William's entitlement bred arrogance and eventually cruelty. He looked down on others that didn't carry his level of wealth and power. He mistreated his servants, even though they had raised him, and anyone he deemed lesser than him. He cared for no one but himself. His interests took precedence over everything and he didn't care who he had to step on to get what he wanted. He increased his estate to the point where the Bradford name owned almost everything within a twenty mile radius of his lavish mansion.

William was an excellent business man but he achieved his excellence through deception and greed. He made underhanded deals that only benefited him and left the other party scrambling and unable to recover their losses. One day, however, William attempted to take advantage of the wrong man.

In another attempt to make a deal that only benefited him, William angered a wealthy benefactor by the name of Robert Mullings. William was set to take over Robert's properties and land but unbeknownst to William, Robert 's properties housed a large coven of witches and Robert was the head warlock. Robert did not take well to William's schemes, nor the loss of his home and those of his coven members. He vowed to make William regret the day he ever crossed him.

One night, just before the deal was about to close, Robert Mullings arrived at the Bradford mansion. He and William had an extensive argument that would have gotten to blows had Robert not pulled out his wand. At the sight of it William buckled over in laughter. Robert admitting he was a warlock made William laugh even harder. He would soon regret laughing at Robert Mullings. The warlock began to chant and all the lights in William's mansion went out. "If you wish to act like the devil then that is what you shall become!" Robert shouted as a bright light escaped from his wand and hit William straight in the middle of his chest.

Pain. It was instant. William's body began to contort wildly, his skin falling in clumps and replaced with leathery red flesh. Giant horns protruded from his skull painfully, William yelling at the top of his lungs during the entire transformation. His servants came immediately and attempted to stop whatever was happening but Robert cast his spell on them as well. "For enabling him and creating the monster... you, too, shall suffer." Every servant in the house lost their corporeal forms, being forced to remain in the mansion as ghosts, destined to serve their master until he broke the curse.

Robert's curse transformed William into a hideous red demon, a reflection of who he was truly on the inside. Like his servants, he was trapped within his mansion unable to leave until he found a way to break the curse.

Robert gave William two conditions. First he had to learn to treat others how he would want to be treated himself and secondly he had to find someone to love him in his current form. He would not age nor would he die until the spell was broken. Robert disappeared after that, leaving William alone to deal with his consequences. William destroyed his entire mansion. He destroyed every photo, everything that showed who he once was. Every day for years on end he attempted a new way to end his life but nothing worked. He was trapped. He became crueler than he ever was, giving himself completely to the demon form and foregoing what once made him human.

Twenty years passed. Twenty years. The Bradford name became nothing more than a memory, an unsolved mystery that no one cared to solve anymore.The curse kept his mansion hidden and any semblance of love he might have once had disappeared into the nothing. He truly became the demon he had turned into and there would never be a way to turn him from it...or so he thought.

Last edited:
WIP

Alana Mcale

NAME: Alana Mcale
VOCATION: Shopkeeper
WEAPONS: A Small dagger strapped to her inner thigh and a blade tucked between her breasts at all times. The men she trades goods with do not always keep their intentions to themselves and after what happened to her in the past...it is best to be protected.
MAGIC: Dark
EQUIPMENT: A small satchel with some coin for the market as well as a couple of snacks for the road.
SKILLS: She is a smooth talker. Alana can talk her way out of any situation and will often use her wits and even her beauty to get what she wants. She is excellent at striking deals and can even be manipulative with them.
DEFICIENCIES: Alana's past has made her, at times, lack empathy for others. Because she has had to be so strong she assumes that others should do the same. She isn't always compassionate and can be rather sarcastic at times. She also thinks herself above others.
BIOGRAPHY: Alana didn't grow up with wealth or prestige. Her family was poor and humble. They made good with what they did have and ensured their children had everything their hearts desired. It wasn't enough for Alana however, who found herself wanting more. She was determined to free herself from her family and their poverty and make a life for herself that was worthy of praise. She began to make trinkets and various objects to trade and sell. Before long she had a good customer base that allowed her to open up a small shop.

It was like a dream come true. Soon enough she would make a proper name for herself and she could leave her small village. She had high hopes and dreams and there was nothing that could take that away from her. One night, however, Alana's life would take a drastic turn.

As she was closing up shop, on a night that would remain ingrained in her memory until her death, a man walked through the doors of her shop. She attempted to instruct him that she had closed the shop for the night and if he wished to purchase or trade something he would have to come in the following day. She even smiled and promised to give him a good deal for his troubles. The man only looked at her and with hooded eyes said, "I wish to cash in on this deal...NOW." Alana attempted to run but he caught her before she could get far. In that dark shop, just after sunset, Alana lost her innocence. He took from her the most precious of things...he took a part of her soul. He left her, shaking and drenched in her own tears, on the floor of her shop.

After hours of laying on the floor, alone, with no one to come to her aid, Alana rose to her feet. She wiped the tears from her face, straighten her dress and adjusted her hair. She took in a deep breath and let it out in one big gust as she resolved to never allow such a thing happen to her again. She would forever be broken and forever be scarred but she would never allow anyone to take from her again. She would never trust again. She would never be taken advantage of again and she'd be damned if she didn't get what she wanted going forward. A new Alana was born on that night. One that was cunning, manipulative, sarcastic and cut-throat. Her soul had darkened and nothing was ever going to change it back.

Last edited:

≡ALEXANDRA WILSON≡

⤑ NAME: Alexandra Wilson| ⤑ ALIAS/CODENAME: Lex | ⤑ AGE: 27 | ⤑ THREAT LEVEL: Yellow

APPEARANCE

⤑ Written Appearance

Lex is fair skinned with long brown locks and she's usually always make up free. She doesn't have the energy to beautify herself not when she really does not have to. She has a small tattoo on her right wrist that reads "Cam" to always remind her of the chameleon she truly is.

⤑ Height | 150lbs
⤑ Weight | 5'6"

BIO

Lex's life wasn't easy from the start. She was raised by a single mother after her father took off shortly after her third birthday when Lex began to demonstrate she had the mutant gene. Not wanting to be seen as an archivist, he decided that it was best he cut his loses and left his wife and child to fend for themselves. Lex's mother did her best to raise her daughter on her own and home schooled Lex so she would not be detected and keep her safe.

Lex appreciated all her mother did but a part of her did not feel free. She felt trapped and just wanted to make friends and be who she truly was. Around her 18th birthday she began to explore outside her home. She began to sneak out while her mother was working her double shifts and hanging out in local spots where other teenagers would also hang out. She made friends quickly and enjoyed her time with her new friends but she still felt like she was hiding.

She wanted to feel free, to be herself so she decided to show one of her new friends who she really was. She pulled him aside one night and decided to be truthful for once in her life. She shifted in front of him, taking on his form then returning back to her own. The boy immediately freaked out and ran home informing his parents of what he saw. They in turn called RIEF and Lex was forced to go on the run.

She used her abilities to get by in the years she was on the run. She was burned a few times while on the run, being burned by people she thought she could trust. She went deep into hiding and thought it would be best if she didn't exist at all. Until she met Keegan who recruited her into the Rogues where she has remained ever since. He gave her a new purpose and a new reason to continue fighting against the world that would harm her. She used her abilities to help Rogue's mission and locate other mutants for their cause.

STRENGTHS
+ Confident in herself and her abilities. She is willing to be the first on the scene.
+ Goal oriented. Once she sets her mind on something she completes it.
+ Adaptable. She can make any situation work to her advantage.

WEAKNESSES
_ Lex can be rather stubborn at times
_ She doesn't trust new people easily. She's been burned too many times.
_ She keeps her guard up and its difficult to get passed the barriers she has put up around herself.
_ Can be judgmental of others

POWER

⤑Type: Physical

⤑Brief description of abilities/skills

Shape shifter: Lex has the ability to completely transform her physical appearance. She can transform into anyone she wants, male or female, as long as she has some sort of image of them.

⤑Limitations: The transformation is brief and cannot be maintained for more than a few hours. She also cannot transform into something she has never seen. She can only transform into other humans and cannot transform into an animal or beast.

Last edited: