3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
The Persian Review

Welcome to the second edition of the realm's newsletter! Pearls of Persia is a historical fantasy world and story that has been running for almost three years, and the subsequent realm has nearly reached its two year anniversary. The goal of this newsletter is to highlight any updates to the realm, future projects, and our goals for progress.

The realm is still going strong! We currently have an equal number of main stories, side stories, and 1x1s running in Persia. I'd like to thank everyone for their participation and helping to keep the stories going. Let's see if we can add to our roster over the following year.

Let's take a look at:
  • What's New
  • Upcoming Projects
  • The Current Realm Goal(s)

What's New

Are you a fan of romance? Join our short realm event From Persia, With Love and see if you can match the intensity of Arabian love poetry. This event will be running until mid-March, so you have plenty of time to join!

Are you new to the realm and have no idea how to start? Check out the handy Introductory Guide to get a good grasp of the subforum layout and its rules; there is also a realm discord available for those who prefer offsite chatter (and memes). Joining it is not a requirement for being involved in the realm, but it is handy for quick replies and collabs! Have a question that you just can't find the answer to? Check out our handy Help Desk (a.k.a. Ask the Shah) and ask away!

Upcoming Projects

It's been a busy year, and admittedly I haven't managed to tackle most of last year's project goals. This year I'm keeping the same lore expansion goals, which are:
  • Persian myths and legends
  • Expanded lore on the Nubian kingdom
  • A new mystery race??? More details to come!
  • A new map that isn't horrible (hurray!)

I'd also like to create more events for players to jump into without being bound by a specific roleplay first.

The Current Realm Goal(s)

The current realm goal is to hopefully increase the amount of activity within the realm, whether that is through 1x1s or via side plots run by players. If you have any questions about the lore or potential plots, feel free to ask me! As an added bonus, you can even tag me in your 1x1 or side group story at any point and enlist me to write a short scene if you and your partner(s) would like outside stimulus. Unsure of what stories to start? Not to worry! Take a look at the History of the Ages thread for sample plotlines. All requests for sample plotlines can be made here.

Happy roleplaying, everyone!

code by nemo