???
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of others. Ask and you shall receive (an answer).
Since I moved recently, I've been going through quite a number of my old things. Some stuff goes all the way back to when I was a tiny small child who played with legos and plastic dinosaurs. So, here I am, looking through my childhood toys, when I find one particular toy that brings back more memories than everything else combined:

Spiny the Spinosaurus. An action figure based on that third Jurassic Park movei that I remember carrying around everywhere I went until I hit ten, who was with me during all of my earliest hospital stays (I broke/break a lot of bones please don't ask why or how 'cause it's a long story).

Enough about me though. The point of this is to ask what kinds of objects you remember from your childhood that are (or aren't, it doesn't matter) still around and are a large part of fond memories for you.

If it's not a toy, that's fine too. It can be anything that's attached in some way to any fond memory. ENJOY LOOKING THROUGH ALL YOUR BOXES TO FIND STUFF.

:cookie:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
I still have my stuffed humpback whale. It is my all time favorite and has been with me since...I think I was 6. He has a bracelet on his tail because he has good taste in fashion.

If I could get back some of my toys it would be the Beast Wars transformers. I had Spittor, Archadis, and Iguanus. They were basically my rubber duckies.

I donated all of my toys a long time ago. Never really had much sentiment for them, or maybe I just don't remember.

I'm fond of my old journals, though. I think I was about 10 when I first started journaling, during a difficult time in my life. It's nice to flick through them every once in a while--when I'm not getting the urge to burn them, that is.

Second thing that comes to mind is my first guitar, which I got when I was 11. It was initially a requirement for music class. I sucked at it at first, but I aced my test after a lot of practice (to my teacher's surprise). That motivated me to continue learning on my own. Been obsessed with music ever since.

Reactions: Dipper
I also donated away all of my old toys! What I do have is this tiny little diary I got when I was very little in elementary school and in it are super dramatic child thoughts and problems. O_O

I have a Fantastic Four Thing action figure. I had a trunk full of action figures from Ninja Turtles to DC heroes and villians to WWF wrestlers. And some other odds and ends I'd acquired at Yard Sales over the years. But only the The Thing survived my apathetic departure from childhood. It's a very sturdy action figure. Heavy and well constructed. It's probably the only thing that saved it in time for me to regret not taking better care of my childhood memories.

I will start off with saying that I'm a hoarder. I like to collect things that hold some (even the slightest bit of) emotional value.

I have a stuffed icebear that I call Teddy that has been with me as long as I can remember. Pretty sure it is the same bear in some of my baby pictures, but not sure. It used to have a red jacket on and a cute red hat, but at some point I had decided to get rid of both and give it clothes made of scraps of my old clothes (that reminds me, I need to give the poor thing a new shirt).

Then there is this prefumed wooden hand fan my mom bought me when we visited my great grand father. The perfume still lingers, along with smoke, since it survived a house fire, but in overall it is intact and with me. I remember how I used to admire the fan because it was the most elegant and 'adult' thing I had ever owned.

And then I still own loads and loads of the children books I used to read and drag all around me. That along with loads of post cards from my classmates and friends sent to me during a particular hard time in my life.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
I only have one childhood toy left, and it's actually at my parents' house. It's a cute purple teddy with a light pink plastic heart. It actually belonged to my eldest brother who passed away when he was very young, so you can say it has a lot of sentimental value.

That being said, the poor thing's been through rough times XD My youngest brother had once decided to give it a 'haircut'. It's missing fuzz on his ears and the top of his head XD It had a tear on its muzzle as well as other places, so teenage me who had .01 stitching skills managed to sew them close. Now it has a perpetual smirk.

My family wasn't very big on toys, not really. But we did have...dun dun dun! Video games! I still have a bunch of our old things! From Sega Dreamcast to Nintendo 64! I even still have a Super Nintendo Entertainment System!

Do any of them work? I dunno, I don't have the connects for them to check. But it's just nice to see them and remember the good ol' days :3

The most important item from my childhood would be Elk, my cuddly elk (young me was a naming genius). I have had Elk for literally as long as I can remember and he still sits in my room to this day. He also often comes on trips with me because I get paranoid that the house will burn down while I'm gone. When life is all getting too much I often lie in bed and hug him till I feel better.

The other stand out items for me is my collection of plastic dinosaurs. I played with those things for years. I'm pretty certain the collection started off as a bribe to help ease the anguish of having my hair cut.

Tea sets. I do not have the exact same toy tea set I had as a little babbu, but every time I see a tea setset, I think of the one I had long long ago!

I remember how me and my younger sister used to throw our own tea parties at our little table with our little chairs filled with teddies. I also remember how we snuck food and juice out of the kitchen to make it more real. Ehhh, it wasn't tea, but it was just as good.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia