The Most Interesting Man/Woman You've Ever Met

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poe Dameron

Original poster
At my last English class, I asked the students to describe the most interesting person they'd ever met. It was a tough one for them, as they not only had to decide on who in their lives was to be bestowed the honor, but to also describe what made the person interesting.

The answers were interesting... some described a person with worldly experiences, one person had a friend that would never ever stop talking, one described a boyhood friend who had a chronic cough that was cured by rubbing soil on his body, and one had a friend that would cancel on their dates/arrangements/outings if there was any kind of rain on that day/night.

So, who is the most interesting person you've met?

Is the answer not obvious?

Seriously though? I think it'd be unfair to pin any one person as "The most interesting". There are certainly some that interest me more than others, but there are just too many different kinds and types of interesting people out there for me to simply settle on one.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
The-Most-Interesting-Man-In-The-World.jpg

There are a few people that come to mind, but I'll pick one of the earliest. In my high school classes, there was a very smart boy named Quinn. He was a bit quiet and shy but he was nice. He was milk pale with platinum blond hair.

In the first month of the writing course we were in together, the teacher asked if any of the students spoke a language besides English. Lots of students raised their hands and he was one of them. We went through talking about what other languages and how that came to be. It turns out, Quinn spoke Farsi, which nobody was expecting to be the case. His parents had traveled for work and lived in different countries when he was younger, including Iran. He had a lot of cool stories and was a really nifty person to talk with.

Dr. Dick Dick the astrophysicist. He was my grandmother's cousin's husband. Brilliant man, taught my brother and I how to build remote control planes. And his name still makes me giggle.

• Thank You
So, to answer my own question...

The most interesting person I'd ever met was an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who was our squadron commander at Yokota Air Base. He was definitely not like any high ranking military or commanding officer I'd ever met or heard of, even. He was very casual, loose, carefree, and nothing stressed him out or worried him, not even the Colonels and Generals that kept breathing down his neck. He just took whatever they dished out at him and laughed it off afterwards, never losing his cool or getting mad at his staff if they were the cause (it inspired the staff to improve and ensure he never had to take bullets for them ever again). He was the nicest, genuinely good person in a position of authority, and the best boss I'd ever had.

(Thinking about it more, he was/is like a role model to me, and I kind of unconsciously emulated him in my own experience as a manager/supervisor, both in the military and civilian worlds)

Aside from that, I'd found him struggling to breathe once while running during PT... it turned out he had asthma, which was kind of a death sentence for your military career but somehow he managed to stay fit and pass all physical fitness tests to stay in the service.

And furthermore, on his work history in between military assignments had had put down a position as a manager at Walmart....

And the icing on the cake: he had a twin brother, who was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army!!!

Reactions: Darog
Myself?

Not sure what would class as this. I have met people that seemed to be interesting but at the end, all people are people and once you get to know them, whatever it was that made them special makes sense. My humble opinion.

I've met a lot of interesting people in my life, but if I had to pick one, I'd say one of my friends. He's quite an enigma really. His attitude and behavior was quirky, he wore glasses, and I'm guessing he was obsessed with magic the gathering. He loved metal music like me (hell yeah), introduced me to a Saudi Arabian metal band, and always had something interesting to say about politics and what the world was coming to.

• Thank You
That would have to be this one guy I knew in high school. I started a new school in my junior year, and there was a pep rally on my first day of school. The first time I ever saw the guy, he was dressed in a trench coat and a top hat with his face painted with the rival school's colors. That wasn't even the most interesting situation I ever saw him in. He once wrapped himself in Christmas lights and plugged himself in right in a classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.