The Many Misadventures of Logic and other Members

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
We spend our lives hoping nothing bad will happen and tend to let things drag us down. Small things add up and we have a hard time laughing at ourselves, but when time passes we look back and think, 'Wow that was a bad day. Kind of funny if you think about it.' I get those all the time, so much that some of my friends call me Scrat, because my bad days often look like this:

giphy.gif

azQ4A.gif

TnwCQj.gif

All in one bloody day.

And then I think to myself, 'Holy shite, from an outsider's view this is actually hilarious.' Which at the time isn't, and there are times when the day truly is as bad as it looks. For those days, I hope that you can brighten your good ones all the more.

Being as clumsy as I am, I get many bad days. In one week I managed to break/dislocate my middle finger so badly that I can't move it when it locks up to nearly getting hit by a semi-truck and spraining my ankle. Got home limping and the damn elevator is broken down so I have to get my bike upstairs with a dislocated finger and a hurt leg. Only to find out that someone has painted on my door, and there's a cat running around the apartment complex.

My cat. She slipped out without me noticing her that morning. So I get inside, sit down and get a call from my da who is convinced that someone is following him (my dad has Alzheimer's Disease) so I have to get a hold of the facility and get them to lock the doors so he won't run.

Oh that was an awful day, but as I look back at it now I'm actually laughing. Not because any of it is funny, but because just so much bad had happened and I'm just sitting here like, 'Fuck my life man, no wonder they call me Tonks or Scrat.' And these days have highlighted my good ones because in remembering these bad ones, I can honestly say my life could have been worse.

What about you? Have any bad days that you actually laugh at?​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
It was a dark and stormy night. We were moving, car stuffed, the cat in her carrier, budgies in their cage. The trip was 40 mins away, yet it took hours due to the rain, but also due to the fact that the heater in the car wasn't working. The windows and windshield was foggy and there was a leak in the car. The burgers and fries we had bought were wet and soggy. The wind was blowing so hard that my Mister got the car door slammed in his face, literally.

He was bleeding from his forehead, and while he was laughing, I couldn't help it and burst into tears. He told me not to worry, that one day we would look back at this and laugh. I didn't believe him then, it just broke my heart to see him bleeding and mother nature being a big pain in the a** to us. But it was true. Six years later, I can look back and smile, even laugh and joke about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.