The Last War on Kehra

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
< @Quiet One ( @Kraveing_Volkf ) >

Unlike Vi, it seemed that the dream had affected Kaer even a bit more than it had her. His face was still ashen pale, and he was shivering. He would be cold to the touch - unusual given the Summerborne had a higher body heat and could wear short clothes in cold weather. At Vi's words he looked over to her and nodded a bit.

"Y-you had the dream too?" he asked her softly, cradling his legs to his chest with his arms. "It was.. so cold, Vi. And dark. And.. it was evil. It was hatred. It tore at me.." he shook his head, fear very evident in them as he shivered, unable to meet Vi's eyes with his own. "I wasn't sure I was going to wake up, I hurt so much.. and at the end, some light.. it was desperate and tore me away, here." he gulped. "I hope you can get some answers.. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at all tonight."

< + @Sairen @Silvir @Boba Fit >

And Kaer wouldn't be the only one. Fear and despair had flowed all around into the people around, all in various ways. Soldiers were jittery, young children cried, couples fought and argued about the simplest things while some didn't even say anything. It was hard to see the light as the sun went down, and the great city of Mecca had been wiped out within the day. The cold nighttime wind brought with it an omen of darkness, and the people began to cling closer to the strong warriors that they were sure, they wouldn't have escaped without.​

Reia blushed and looked down at Vi's words, "I don't know what your talking about...I'm not jealous..." She gave a soft sigh before listening to Vi explain her dream. "I've never had a dream like that. Sounds more like a nightmare though, like a really really bad nightmare..."

She sat in silence watching as the friend woke up, then as Vi mentioned wanting to go pray. "I think I will go hunt when we stop. It will be nice to go out into a forest and listen to the calm nature around me. I'd offer to let you come but it sounds like you already have a plan...plus your friend is super pale and should probably get some medical attention." She glanced around at the people, most inching closer to warriors or really anyone who looked calm and composed, probably looking for some way of relaxing or finding normality after what happened. "I think everyone could use some kind of rest after that though."

Satisfied to see that Moradin, Zipper and the others had managed relatively safely. Kane slipped into his own world again, muttering to himself and studying the horizon around them. Glancing many times back towards the city it was not his style to get hung up on things especially when there was so much else to do now. For one he needed to get started on another rune that fitted combat against these things better. And not to mention this needed a detailed report. Deckard did not pay much attention to his surroundings but still snippets of talk slipped trough and in there was the mention of a strange dream. He almost stopped and then looked the people in the wagon. "A dream?" he asked even though he heard them clearly. "interesting we better see if others have had similar experiences" But then he frowned and looked down on his arm. ""Right i better have this looked at"" Kane thought and looked up, searching around them for a healer. Must have been adrenaline and shock for he had not felt that much till now, and it pulsated painfully.

Viola's pleasant teasing of Reia was cut short by Kaer returning to consciousness. She bumped her bum against the Vetnan, smiling with a playful tease on her lips, then went to check on her season-borne brother. She put her arm around his shoulders as he curled into a fetal position and recounted his own experience with the nightmare.

"That's why I'm going to pray," she said to him. "This is some sort of strange new evil, but from its power it must also be great and ancient. The gods must surely have answers."

She couldn't wait for the group to stop dead, so she hopped off the cart and jogged to the nearest tree, fishing through her pockets for the ceremonial offerings any devout season-borne - or a season-borne with a devout teacher - would carry at all times.

Moradin watched her run off into the trees and turned to his large metal friend. "I think that's the girl who was passed out earlier. Season-borne, by the look of her. Go keep an eye on her."

Zipper turned and stared down at him. Moradin shook his head. "I'll stick close by, but I don't like butting in during someone else's prayers."

So Zipper followed after Vi, with Moradin staying at the edge of the trees to watch.

As an Autumn-borne, her offerings required a small candle, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, and Autumn leaves saved from last fall. She got everything out and turned to see the golem right there beside her.

"Whoa!" She clutched her heart. "Don't sneak up on me! I remember you. You're that golem from Mecca, right? What're you doing here? Come to watch me?"

Zipper nodded, then lumbered over to a nearby tree and sat with his back to it. Vi smiled.

"Well, aren't you a curious one? Okay, you can watch." Viola then kneeled down with the candle and lit it, burning the nutmeg, cinnamon, and fall leaf to make a pleasing incense that made her feel at home. "Goddess Toria, Protector, Guide, and Mother of Tehens, source of my season-borne gift and of all subsequent blessings - please, I need answers. During our battle for our lives I fell, overexerting myself.

"I'm wont to do that, I suppose, but when I fell I was met with a dark dream. I dreamt of red eyes full of hatred and an ancient power, a power I now believe was responsible for the fall of Mecca. My friend, another season-borne, had the same vision and it shook him. I pray that you help him - perhaps visit in a dream to offer comfort, I'm not one to say. But I need answers for my vision, because I fear it will threaten all of our lives. Please; give me some sort of sign."

< @Kraveing_Volkf >

As Vi moved away, the Vetna would find herself alone, though not for long. A man came over to her and smiled at her, giving a small bow. "Forgive me for intruding, but I thought.. well.." he sighed and rubbed his head. "We don't have many Vetna with us, but the caravan leader was hoping maybe you could scout ahead for a good place for us to camp the night? You survived that battle and saved many of us so.. maybe that, plus the fact you're connected with nature could help everyone agree to settle the night?"

< @Silvir >

Kane would be able to see an older female Tehen - with no visible signs of being season-borne - in another wagon. She seemed to be busy with a number of other wounded and scared people. but nevertheless it couldn't hurt for him to ask for help. Worst case he may have to wait.

< @Quiet One >

As the smoke of the incense wafted around Vi, it would begin to - at least seem - to take shape. It flowed and shifted, and if she stared at it for long enough she would be brought into a trance. In that trance, she would see six stone figures. In the front, one that was made in the likeness of the three races of men. In the back, replicas of the statues of the gods, each watching over their charges.

And then, new statues. One more in front, one more in back. Each made of shadowy obsidian rather than marble. The eyes began to glow red, and one by one the other six statues began to crumble and fall to dust. Once they were all gone, the world faded to blackness... and then there was a single statue. One not seen before, made of an azure stone. Next to her two balls of light - one warm and gold, the other soft and silver. They joined the reformed group of the other six statues, and...

Vi would awaken from the trance. She would be sure that mother Toria had offered the vision that she had seeked, but answers might not be as easy to come by.

• Love
Reactions: Quiet One
Reia watched as Vi left, bidding her friend a farewell. Though she was not expecting someone to come over, though when asked to scout ahead she gave a light giggle. That was her normal job, well part of her normal job. "Sure~ I'll find a safe place for the caravan to settle down for the night."
The small Vetna would stand, stretch, check her bow's string then jump off to go through the trees.

Scout the area for a good place for a caravan. Large enough area that the wagons wont get stuck but enough trees to provide defense. Someplace that a perimeter could easily be set up. Perhaps a close by river for fresh water? Definitely need to hunt some food though, she will wait for after finding a place however as she had no clue how much to hunt.

Viola blinked and blew air out her nose, trying to clear her senses of the incense, and the disturbing vision she'd received. With a flick of her finger the candle extinguished and she began gathering her things, lost in thought. What was that shadowy evil? It destroyed the statues of Man, then the ones of the Gods. Was that foretelling the future, or warning of something she could prevent? She doubted the Gods would tell her they were going to be cast aside and expect her to do nothing. But what could she do?

And that last statue - it didn't have the same evil chill she got from the dark obsidian one and its smaller partner, which she was now certain represented the monsters that had attacked. What were those orbs of light? They must be important, if they could rebuild the Gods and Men.

Unfortunately, the histories of the Three Kingdoms and the Legends of the Gods weren't something she remembered well. She was more of a pragmatist, and also a very bad student, as she preferred to learn by taking challenges head-on. Maybe if she was able to talk to her old lady she could get something useful, but she was deep in the rural area of Tehen territory.

A clicking got her attention. Zipper was still watching her, the noise coming from his head turning to watch her. She smiled at him, then got an idea. Surely someone who could build such an impressive creation must have better schooling.

"Come on," she jumped up, making a gust of air around her. "I need to talk to your master."

Zipper followed her back to Moradin, who was resting by a tree. "Good of you to bring my golem back. Were your prayers insightful, season-borne?"

"Somewhat..." she said, not quite sure what they meant. "And my name is Vi. I need to ask what you know from the Scripture of the Gods."

"I'm a builder, not a scholar," Moradin replied with a shake of his head. "Sorry, but I can't help you there."

"But you're a learned man!" she snapped. "The very GODS are threatened by this, not just us!"

"If you'll CALM DOWN for a second," the stout Demet growled back, "I'd suggest seeking out the learned in our caravan of survivors. I'm sure there must be at least one priest or historian among them." He stood straight. "Since this is so important, I'll even help you look."

"Thank you." She looked at the trail of people and carts, growing more distant as they kept up their search for a safe haven for the night. "I suggest we hurry and rejoin them, then, if we don't want to get stuck here for the night."

Status
Not open for further replies.