The Inauguration and Violence

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Think what you will about Donald Trump, the purpose of this thread isn't to debate his politics (I'll be making another thread on that). This purpose of this one is to address the violent reactions in response to his election, which I feel needs awareness to be spread, cause this is actually getting pretty serious.

Currently, I've ran across two violent incidents of this. One near the Inauguration itself, and another at a Milo event about said Inauguration.

Thankfully it seems there's no fatal injuries from this event, but there is still property damage and some injuries that took place such as the guy Lauren had to call 911 for.

Article on the topic.

And over here we've got a shooting. Currently the condition of the victim is unknown, but being a gunshot to the abdomen? It could very well end up being lethal.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as more stories come out, and as I come across more information on these stories.

Last edited:
I've heard there were similar reactions as of his election as well. "Not my president" and all? Heartbreaking.

The guys doing that are anarchists and black bloc ones at that. Black bloc - Wikipedia Welcome to the rest of the world guys, those guys show up at any poltically loaded event to cause havoc.

The fact that you went with the Rebel, the most unapologetic right wings shills i ever come across, shows that this is all about angling things. Not surprising as Trumps a darling to all your Sargon of Akkad styled youtubers. So of course this "isn't about politics" yet you go with the most blatently protrump source you can find. Your so "Totally not Right wing, right wing" it hurts.

The guy who shot someone at the Milo thing was apparently seen wearing a MAGA hat. So it wasn't aimed at Milo or Trump, but people protesting him. Likely in the heat of the moment, possibly confronted by ANTIFA: the more radical and violent of leftwings. I can't say I am terribly sorry for Antifas who show up armed with bats and the like. They are bad news. But at the same token, anyone who brings a gun to a rally is just as fucking dangerous.

Now that we established that there are some violent people are in the vast minority of this entire thing. How about we turn our heads to the things you'd never bring up because it doesn't fit your narrative Gwazi.

How about we talk about the Millions of people who marched entirely peaceful against the Fascist that America now has for a president. Yes, fascist. He calls his critics for the "Enemy". He decries media as fake news when they are factually and accurately quoting his own words. A person who tries to claim the inauguration was PACKED when it was around 250 000 compared to Obama over a million when he was made president. (They even took a photo from that inauguration to claim as their own on his twitter). I am European, I know what fascism does, where it springs up and how it progresses. Trump is playing the 1984 playbook.

How about we talk about the lawmakers who want to make peaceful civil disobedience illegal in several states. How about we talk about the fact that state run twitters are suspended for criticizing the new President.

Just as a sideline:

Nothing tragic about calling a man who lost the popular vote by near 3 million "Not your president". I Would't if I were american as they already removed both LGBT and Civil Rights from all governmental sites. He isn't your president if you are poor, lgbt, a minority in any way. Hell, He isn't your president if you are middle class white american either. So no, the only tragedy is that a super corrupt, misogynistic, pathologically lying, sexual predator and molester is made president. Made possible by Russian interference and a republican whipped FBI who withheld information on the new president but had no problem airing the comptetions information out. A violation of the Hatch Act by the way!

Yes, fascist.
Unless you have read Mussolini's Doctrine of Fascism, you know nothing of the definition.
Trump is a right-wing populist, but right-wing populism does not a fascist make.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Unless you have read Mussolini's Doctrine of Fascism, you know nothing of the definition.
Trump is a right-wing populist, but right-wing populism does not a fascist make.
But then again, not every right-wing president is a fascist. So no, not related to that part.

I'm unsure of the specific definition of fascism, but boy is he racist, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then again, not every right-wing president is a fascist. So no, not related to that part.

I'm unsure of the specific definition of fascism, but boy is he racist, though.
In what way is Trump a racist? I'd like to see a racist quote of his.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Uncle Legens Legentis

There's another thread to debate opinions on Trump and his politics in general. This thread is specifically focused on violent actions around the event, from any political side.
Look Hellis, I just shared some stories. I went out of my way to not to pick political sides here and to simply draw attention to the incident of growing violence, which any decent human being should agree is bad, regardless of political beliefs.

And regardless of what you consistently claim about me, no I don't have a narrative. If you'd like to engage in respectful and honest discussion, I'm up for that. But I'm not going to play this game with you.

In that case, I would like to say that Antifa is no better than the fascists they claim to oppose.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Honestly, Gwazi, Milo is an idiot and I don't know why you used him as a source. The man prides himself on post-truth reporting, meaning he either bends the truth or outright lies in most of his reporting. I'm not going to deny the shooting actually did happen, given this is America, where everyone and their dog owns a gun and has an axe to grind, but trusting Milo Yiannopoulos to report accurately on politically-charged events is like trusting a dingo with your baby. Milo and Ezra are like peas in a pod in that respect.

Reactions: Sidhe
Honestly, Gwazi, Milo is an idiot and I don't know why you used him as a source. The man prides himself on post-truth reporting, meaning he either bends the truth or outright lies in most of his reporting. I'm not going to deny the shooting actually did happen, given this is America, where everyone and their dog owns a gun and has an axe to grind, but trusting Milo Yiannopoulos to report accurately on politically-charged events is like trusting a dingo with your baby. Milo and Ezra are like peas in a pod in that respect.
I know Milo's a wildcard, I happen to disagree with him on most topics that don't pertain to free speech or censorship.

But I also linked to an article reporting on the incident as well, not just Milo's announcement.
And the article showed police confirming the incident did indeed happen.

Reactions: Nebulon Ranger
I know Milo's a wildcard, I happen to disagree with him on most topics that don't pertain to free speech or censorship.

But I also linked to an article reporting on the incident as well, not just Milo's announcement.
And the article showed police confirming the incident did indeed happen.
Fair enough. I also did say that it's extremely likely the shooting did actually happen, and it's good to see that the report from the proverbial boots on the ground confirms it.

Aside, but I find it amusing that the two memelords are Canadian, from Ontario, and both reasonably liberal. What are you, my long-lost twin brother?

Fair enough. I also did say that it's extremely likely the shooting did actually happen, and it's good to see that the report from the proverbial boots on the ground confirms it.

Aside, but I find it amusing that the two memelords are Canadian, from Ontario, and both reasonably liberal. What are you, my long-lost twin brother?
Yea, as entertaining as Milo can be I know better than to take what he says at face value. :P

Maybe I am, maybe Canadians are naturally gifted. :P

Reactions: Nebulon Ranger
Ugh, rioters bringing their parade to a peaceful protest again. Go figure. I hope the man who was shot will be able to recover. It's the best I can do.

I am happy that one of my friends went to a protest and didn't run into any trouble with their march. She knitted these cute little pussycat-earred hats for her and her mom. They made some new friends while there and had a general good time. Peaceful, as it is intended to be.

What concerns me is the comments under the article. Somehow people expect the peaceful protesters to confront the rioters? That is not the correct way to deal with the situation, it would further hinder the police and get more people injured. I just... no.

What concerns me is the comments under the article. Somehow people expect the peaceful protesters to confront the rioters? That is not the correct way to deal with the situation, it would further hinder the police and get more people injured. I just... no.
For me I feel they do have an obligation to at least speak out against them. A moderate that decides to ignore (or defend) their extremists are effectively no better than the extremist by being enablers. But to physically get in the way? No, I agree 100% that's a job left for law enforcement to handle.

For me I feel they do have an obligation to at least speak out against them. A moderate that decides to ignore (or defend) their extremists are effectively no better than the extremist by being enablers. But to physically get in the way? No, I agree 100% that's a job left for law enforcement to handle.
I'm talking more about these comments:

"Time to allow concealed carry nationwide, including schools and universities that take federal funding. When they start attacking armed people and end up with a few "leaks" in their torso or maybe a lead lobotomy, then we'll have law and order restored."

"How come the peaceful protestors are not subduing those engaged in violence in their midst?"

"A group of them were coming into our city by bus causing escalating problems at our mall last spring until one went too far with a shopper there with his daughter. One found themselves being tossed from the second floor balcony into the fountain below. He'll be paralyzed for life. No problems out of yutes since then. You only need to make example of one for the others to get a clue."

"Lmao!!! Ignorant untrained child...come, COME!!! We shall see...you die like flies already, time for the skinny commies corpses to litter the streets."

They aren't asking the protesters to speak out. They are pushing them to attack.

I'm talking more about these comments:

"Time to allow concealed carry nationwide, including schools and universities that take federal funding. When they start attacking armed people and end up with a few "leaks" in their torso or maybe a lead lobotomy, then we'll have law and order restored."

"How come the peaceful protestors are not subduing those engaged in violence in their midst?"

"A group of them were coming into our city by bus causing escalating problems at our mall last spring until one went too far with a shopper there with his daughter. One found themselves being tossed from the second floor balcony into the fountain below. He'll be paralyzed for life. No problems out of yutes since then. You only need to make example of one for the others to get a clue."

"Lmao!!! Ignorant untrained child...come, COME!!! We shall see...you die like flies already, time for the skinny commies corpses to litter the streets."

They aren't asking the protesters to speak out. They are pushing them to attack.
Oh yeah, that's just nuts. o_o

I'm in total agreement there.

The violent rioters weren't at the same time as the peacefull Womens march. When the blackblock shows up, there isn't much you can do. They aren't part of the cause, they are anarchist, your left is likely to little left for them, or your right is to weak a rightwing stance. Black Bloc "Anarchists" exist on both sides and always shows up to ruin shit. As a protester, you have absolutely no obligation to stop them. They aren't your crowd, they aren't here with the same intentions as you and they are dangerous. To go after them will only derail your own protests and then it what all in vain. Stay clear, pray that the police is comptent enough to know not to target the peaceful ones and do your thing.

Anyone claiming they should speak up against them: There is literally no point, stop trying to lump two entirely different groups together.

As companion to this:

Police who are competent will identify the troublemakers and isolate them. Police that are filled with meathead will agitate the peaceful one by not caring who they try and arrest. The Latter is more common, and some riot police are little more the thugs. We have one guy FAMOUS for getting to heated and loosing his fucking mind, he keeps being put back into the Riot duty for gods know what reason.

OMG guys, the greatest thing happened! Some jerkass neo nazi got punched in the face!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

._. But yeah, this guy gets decked in the face and all of a sudden the internet can't decide whether the tolerance paradox exists or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.