3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Nonbinary
The year is 2123.
The fifth great depression has ended. Over half of the world is a little less than poor, or on the verge of being complete peasants. The world is plagued with wars once more. Lack of food, water, and space are at an all time high. Overpopulation has been with us for over one-hundred years, it has only now taken it's toll on humanity. The air that used to be fresh and clean is now a little more than pure pollution. The animals are against us, with new hybrids of household pets attacking their masters and leaving them for dead. We are alone. The white clouds that covered the sky are now everything but white. The stars that crisscrossed the sky are gone, and are left with a thick empty sheet of darkness. The trees are all gone and uprooted. Everyone is against us. We are suffering. When will it end?

The government has issued a new Project. The Icarus Project.
No one is safe from their wrath. They are taking in innocent teenagers and young adults to fight for their freedom. They lock them in a Labyrinth and force them to try to find a way out. Creatures of all shapes and sizes are against them, ready to kill and destroy anything between them and their next meal. One wrong move and you're done for. All of the participants are wearing collars around their necks, to make sure that no one is cheating. If we find that you are one of the cheaters, the collars will send a jolt through your body and instantly kill you. The goal of this game is to survive at all costs. Create alliances, destroy pacts, kill every thing in your way. As soon as you find yourself out of the Labyrinth, get off of the island as fast as possible. Your freedom will trigger many foes who will stop you. Freedom is the only prize.

Trust no one, and no one will trust you. Good luck to you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Icarus Project was inspired by Battle Royale, The Hunger Games, and the myth that gave me most of the background for it: Icarus and Daedalus! As soon as I feel that I have enough submissions for the roleplay, I'll start the thread. But first, I need you guys to send me the characters for it! The backbone is right here.

Name:
Weapon: ( This can be anything from a kitchen knife to a shot-gun! Remember, stupid weapons are just as fun as powerful weapons )
Pack Number: ( Packs are what you are given before you try to find your way out of the Labyrinth. They are filled with your weapon, food, water, a map, and a compass. Use these things wisely. Or don't! You can steal other people's packs and weapons. The pack Numbers can range anything from 0 to 100, but please try to keep them as together as possible. It would be easier that way. )
Physical description: ( Photos are okay, but not recommended! A written description is always good to use.
Volunteer or Victim?: ( Did your character volunteer for the project? Was your character forced to participate? )
Backstory:

I'm looking forward to roleplaying with all of you!

Name: Dawn
Weapon: Dawn uses many hunting knifes
Pack Number: 7
Physical description: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8900000/Emo-Hair-emo-and-scene-hairstyles-8934949-500-497.jpg
Volunteer or Victim?: victiam
Backstory: Dawn has had somewhat of a happy childhood but also a very bad one. Ever since she turn 13 her parents are constanly fighting and arguing. There is never peace at the house. Dawn soon began to go on walks even though outside wasn't a good place it was better then being inside a home with parents always fighting the way her's do. A group of guys one day found Dawn out sitting on the curb crying. They had come over and asked her what was wrong. She old the men she had run away. They offered her to be apart of their gang even though it had been an all guy gang. They taught her how to use a knife in a fight and she was really good at it from the start. They guys conviced her to go back home later on. Dawn was upset about the idea but they were right. So the next morning she had gone to tell heer folks she was doing alright and where she had been. What she had found out though is that they didnt even notice her missing. And that tore her to peices. When she was right outside of the hang out place where the gang usualy stayed the men had come up behind her and snatched her up. She scream and a few people from inside heard her. They ran out but they were already half way down the street when the guys ran out. Dawn was unconcious and she had no idea what she was in for.

I'm pretty interested in joining. I most likely will when I get home.

I like this ^^ I'll join soonish

Name:
Weapon: ( This can be anything from a kitchen knife to a shot-gun! Remember, stupid weapons are just as fun as powerful weapons )
Pack Number: ( Packs are what you are given before you try to find your way out of the Labyrinth. They are filled with your weapon, food, water, a map, and a compass. Use these things wisely. Or don't! You can steal other people's packs and weapons. The pack Numbers can range anything from 0 to 100, but please try to keep them as together as possible. It would be easier that way. )
Physical description: ( Photos are okay, but not recommended! A written description is always good to use.
Volunteer or Victim?: ( Did your character volunteer for the project? Was your character forced to participate? )
Backstory:

Yarr! I hope this isn't dead, it seems fun.

Name: Luci, Short for Luciferia

Weapon: A great sword that is definitely larger than her person.

Pack Number: 12

Physical description: She was short and had her hair cut to the bottom of her head ( Around chin level not shoulders. ) She was blonde, blue eyed, white and had a scared look in her eye. She didn't belong here. She was a buddhist. She knew all about three different cultures and languages, she could recite many poems and she could always say something nice. Luci didn't have much going for her in the ways of the combat. She was weak, she hadn't even handled anything deadlier than a steak knife in her life. She looked like she was three years younger than her actual age.
Volunteer or Victim?: Victim

Backstory: Despite the outwardly look she was a dark person. Luci was suicidal. Her and her best friend had one day in high school decided they would kill each other because they were to scared to do it by themselves. So one day they are both holding knives to each other's temples. They were both crying and they counted down. Just after one, Luci's best friend hesitated and Luci stabbed her in the head, instantly killing her. It was a dark time. Luci went through high school barely passing, her life seemed to wiz by her, she got away from her parents and into an old apartment. She had been turned to drinking, drinking to forget her sorrows and pain. Luci didn't have the guts to kill herself. Then one day when she was stumbling to a liquor store already half drunk she was picked out by this Van, knocked out and taken off towards an Island.

Mind if I join?

Name: Joseph
Weapon: Gauntlets
Pack Number: 20
Physical description:Has black hair that is tied back in a ponytail with bangs framing his face, it reaches past his shoulders. Has one eye that is a deep brown and the other is a light blue. Stands at 5'10 and weighs 180, has a semi-athletic build. Has a slightly dark brown skin tone.Volunteer or Victim?: volunteer
Backstory: He grew up as a street rat, living off of handouts and whatever he could dig out from the garbage at a young age. As he grew older, Joseph joined an illegal fighting circuit, where he'd fight other people just to get a meal. For a couple of years this was his life, and he began to give up hope of things getting better. Until he was approached by men in suits, offering him the chance at something better. Joseph thought about it for a long time and finally agreed to it. But... if he knew what was in store for him, he would have never agreed to go so willingly.