• Thread starter SlamifiedBuddafied
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlamifiedBuddafied

Original poster
Warning: Spoilers!

We have all seen some of them and traveled on many a journey which left us a little stranger than before. Come, share those scenes from the silver screen which left you in awe.

The list could go on and on.
What comes to your mind? Hmmm?​

Can we just link the videos?

This thread crashes my iPhone6 there are so many embedded videos.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Pff. I am a NORMAL person who browses a roleplay forum using a computer! O__O Phones are for emergencies.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's all good. Wasn't expecting so many videos though. Have to watch them from my tablet instead of the phone.
I had to stop myself. I could have gone on for awhile. And I don't know how I forgot to include The Standoff in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly when Blondie, Angel Eyes and Tuco reach the end of their journey.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Pff. I am a NORMAL person who browses a roleplay forum using a computer! O__O Phones are for emergencies.
Do you know how hard it would be to bring my desktop to work!? >:(

Rutger Hauer ad-libbed a large portion of Roy's final monologue as his body shuts down, damned to a short existence by Methuselah Syndrome, and its some potent stuff. Instead of a climactic duel atop the rooftop between hero Deckard and villain Roy, Deckard instead becomes the man to whom Roy delivers his last testimony. It's an incredibly touching, beautiful final scene to a sci-fi masterpiece.

No-one had seen the Normandy landings reconstructed in so unflinching a manner before 1998's Saving Private Ryan. The handheld cameras and heavy momentum convey the desperate situation to the viewer, pulling them in and mirroring the action on-screen. There's no chest-thumping and jingoism to be found here; this is savage, relentless.

By this stage in the film, we've only had a glimpse of Heath Ledger's Joker; this is our first real look at the mad clown of Gotham, and he does not disappoint. Subtle, menacing music and Ledger's knockout performance make this one of the best entrances by a villain on screen.

If there is a scarier man to have after you than Anton Chigurh, I don't know of him.

Rutger Hauer ad-libbed a large portion of Roy's final monologue as his body shuts down, damned to a short existence by Methuselah Syndrome, and its some potent stuff. Instead of a climactic duel atop the rooftop between hero Deckard and villain Roy, Deckard instead becomes the man to whom Roy delivers his last testimony. It's an incredibly touching, beautiful final scene to a sci-fi masterpiece.

No-one had seen the Normandy landings reconstructed in so unflinching a manner before 1998's Saving Private Ryan. The handheld cameras and heavy momentum convey the desperate situation to the viewer, pulling them in and mirroring the action on-screen. There's no chest-thumping and jingoism to be found here; this is savage, relentless.

By this stage in the film, we've only had a glimpse of Heath Ledger's Joker; this is our first real look at the mad clown of Gotham, and he does not disappoint. Subtle, menacing music and Ledger's knockout performance make this one of the best entrances by a villain on screen.

If there is a scarier man to have after you than Anton Chigurh, I don't know of him.
No Country for Old Men was astounding.
The same goes for the rest.

Ugh, Grumpy beat me to my absolute favourite of that Tears in the Rain Blade Runner scene.

This one's from my favourite non-critically acclaimed movie, and... Well, probably the best scene in the movie (coincidentally, it's the finale):

"LO, THERE DO I SEE MY FATHER... LO THERE DO I SEE MY MOTHER, AND MY SISTERs AND MY BROTHERS..."

And this one is from my favourite terrible theatrical release, but amazing Director's Cut (notice the music ;) ):

"BE WITHOUT FEAR IN THE FACE OF YOUR ENEMIES..."

The moments leading up to this, along with the score... absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: SlamifiedBuddafied
Watching Jaws tonight.

Can't believe I missed/forgot this one:

I forgot about two particular movies, both where Edward Norton is the lead role. (of course)

Edward Norton, one of the greatest actors in recent history.
Edit: Just bought Memento. I've heard good things but never seen it. Oh. I almost forgot my milkshake drains all the oil from the yard.

A scene that would give birth to many memes:

This movie felt so real like ten years ago but now that I've experienced better, it seems rather dull. It kind of feels like a fanmade Star Wars movie rather than an actual one but whatevs because this scene is still awesome and that last part is so sad.

• Bucket of Rainbows
^This has to be in my opinion the outright best.

^And this I just felt obligated to add.

Last edited:
Ugh, Grumpy beat me to my absolute favourite of that Tears in the Rain Blade Runner scene.

This one's from my favourite non-critically acclaimed movie, and... Well, probably the best scene in the movie (coincidentally, it's the finale):

"LO, THERE DO I SEE MY FATHER... LO THERE DO I SEE MY MOTHER, AND MY SISTERs AND MY BROTHERS..."

And this one is from my favourite terrible theatrical release, but amazing Director's Cut (notice the music ;) ):

"BE WITHOUT FEAR IN THE FACE OF YOUR ENEMIES..."

I was gonna link the 13th Warrior one! Superb choice. :D

This is an amazing performance.

I was gonna link the 13th Warrior one! Superb choice. :D

This is an amazing performance.

Scenes like these show this guy has (had?) true acting talent. It's a shame he got shoe-horned into the roles he did end up taking, and that he was brow-beat for his accent.

Couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but found this:

Status
Not open for further replies.