The Great Heist of '16

Status
Not open for further replies.
".....I could add more? Possibly?" The boy now looked a bit sheepish, rubbing the back of his head. He hadn't had much time to plan, after all.

Sal groaned. "You could have factored in the security cameras in the hallways, or the fact that the teachers lock their doors. You would have to crawl through the damn vents to get to Miss Brook's place." He hadn't yet realized he had just given Pablo a suggestion.

The boy grinned, which indicated it was too late to take the words back. Way, way too late. "Whiiiiiich is a option, right? It would work! Think about it. I'm small enough to fit in the vents, so it isn't like it's a BAD idea."

Sal sighed. "No it's a horrible idea. All of this is a horrible idea. Can we just get on with it?" He wanted this to be over as soon as possible.

Pedro stood up "Of course, Sal, darling! I want to get this done too!" he patted his friend's head "And we will! Everything will be great. Trust me!"

Sal brushed Pedro's hand off his head and stood up. The two climbed the gate and entered through the Engish teacher's agar window. He was already beinging to feel a sense of dread, not sure what was more terrifying: his father or the Custodian? He looked around the classroom and flung his hand up to the large ventilation shaft above the blackboard. "And how are we getting up there?"

Pedro chewed at his lower lip, looking at the vent "....Well. That's a good question. Standing on desks would probably work."

Or, well, he assumed it would work. He was strong enough to pull himself into the shaft, he was sure. If he could reach the edge, of course. If he couldn't, well......they'd have a slight problem. But it was too late to turn back now, and he didn't exactly want to. He NEEDED that project, no ifs, ands, or buts.

"We'll have to put them back exactly where we found them." Sal thought out loud. The two proseeded to stack the desks until they were tall enough to reach the vent. "You first."

Pedro paused, staring at the stack for a moment, before sighing. Alright. Time to climb.

"Yay, adventure." he said, mostly to himself, before placing his foot on the bottom desk and beginning to go up. He bit his tongue in concentration, being careful not to slip. After a bit of careful foot-placing, he reached the top, and slid into the vent. Perfect! It worked out better than he expected, to be honest.

Sal watched Pedro climb up the desks. "I'll stay here and keep wa-" A squeaking sound could be heard from outside the room. Sal looked at the door with panic as he quickly motioned for Pablo to hide further in the vent. The teen then ducked under the teacher's desk and strained his ears for the squeaking.

His heart stopped as he heard the jangle of keys. The door creeked open, revealing a adult female in a janitor's uniform. Blond hair and her hat covered her eyes, but someone could just about see a nasty scar tearing up her pale face. She walked with a slight limp and brought with her the source of the squeaking: a grey cart with the usual cleaning implements on it, a single whittling knife standing out among the appliances. Pablo would be able to see all of this in the safety of the vent's shadows while Sal was trying his best not to breathe or sweat or...

The Costodian looked at the stack of desks, then at the open window. She shook her head, "hell and back... Hell and back..." She muttered it over and over, first walking over to the window, closing and locking it. "Hell and back and they make me clean after stupid shitheads." She tipped over the tower of desks to let them fall with a explosive clatter, she seemed pleased with this. "Dumb bitch," she smirked before setting the desks back in their place.

The Costodian looked around the room, then spat on the floor. "I'll get back to you later." Then she took her cart and left, locking the door behind her. A long time passed. The squeaking faded away. "Is she gone," Sal wispered up to the vents.

Pedro peeked his head out "Yea. Gone." he whispered back "Looks like you were right, my pal, there is a crazy janitor. Isn't that just our luck!"

They were not lucky. At all. And this made the situation worse. He was possibly, just possibly, regretting this a bit more than before. Sure, he still didn't want that zero, but jail was also not a nice option. He'd rather be out of jail with a zero than in jail. You know, also with a zero.

He shimmied a bit in the vent to get more comfortable. Ah, he was going to have to go like this the whole way. Splendid. He could see why Sal had been uneager to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.