THE GREAT BBCODE CRY THREAD - Aka It's Broke, Is It Fixable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT I HAVE TONIGHT!

I've added a new bbcode called icss. This allows you full css control on an image. You can resize it, put a border on it, align it, etc.

I've added a basic float bbcode.

I've switched the glow tag to REMOVE the option so it's glow compatible across all styles, and added a new uglow bbcode for people to still be able to put in colors.

You CAN choose a color for the hr tag, by the way! The default is just kinda ugly. Later I will make sure our default hr is matching the styles.

Spoili was *never* meant to be used to hide large blocks of next. It's an inline spoiler, meant for use within setences. I am gonna try to work on an alternate button hide code that will work like the spoilers do but have a color set option. If I can figure this out, it might be a first step to a new accordian and an alternate tabs? I dunno. WE'LL FIND OUT.

Dash should have a working alias as dashed.

Info, Warning, and Roleplay have all had their style updated. This is still a prettification in progress.

Last edited:
I am gonna try to work on an alternate button hide code that will work like the spoilers do but have a color set option. If I can figure this out, it might be a first step to a new accordian and an alternate tabs? I dunno. WE'LL FIND OUT.

BLESSED BE THY NAME.

We'll all find out together u_u fingers crossed

Is there any possibility we can find a new tab add-on or modification similar to how [stabs] used to work?

Is there any possibility we can find a new tab add-on or modification similar to how [stabs] used to work?
you mean like this?
I am gonna try to work on an alternate button hide code that will work like the spoilers do but have a color set option. If I can figure this out, it might be a first step to a new accordian and an alternate tabs? I dunno. WE'LL FIND OUT.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
@Diana is there any way we can create css classes to simplify post codes? I've wanted to be able to make posts without having to quote previous ones and dig through the code for minor changes, as well as make custom post outlines for other members of my RP who aren't really skilled with coding. I feel it would also help with CS pages since not everyone can keep up with the code, but there are some (particularly myself) who enjoy putting in that extra effort to beautify things.

I adore the ICSS code! ... Sadly, it won't let link when I wrap a URL around it. x_x

sdkfljsd;;
I know this is a very, very minor thing, but I think the only thing I noticed was spacers? I'm a sucker for spacers. If you have more information on that, I'd be eternally grateful. ;u;

I haven't been able to get the hidden scrollers to work (When you have a div inside a div and the last one is set up with a padding to the right to hide the scroller from the div) since the update. The scroller is there, they scroll but no matter what I do I can't seem to get them hidden. I've noticed looking through some older BBCode threads that others may have been having issues with their scrollers too.

The thing is, no matter if I do them from scratch, use scrollers that work on others sites or copy to the letter the code of scrollers from here that by some weird magic still 'work' (dimensions broken and text cut out and nearly unreadable, but they still scroll hidden), I can't get them to work. Setting up a value for padding-right only squishes my text to the left, leaving a huge space even though I'm setting the inner div's width larger (I've tried percentages AND px measurements, same result).
At this point, I'm past thinking that this is an issue with my code and honestly starting to think that this is the div box acting in a way they normally would not.

So, more than making this bug report, this is a call for help towards advanced coders to check this one for me, to see if they're having the same issue or not...

I could swear (and I'm gonna attach a screenshot that tells me the same) that the scrollers from this post were properly hidden and working before the update!

PS: Apologies if I sound exalted, I tried so many things with this I started thinking I was going crazy ^^' (coding is hard)

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2018-08-31 07.43.07.png
    Captura de tela 2018-08-31 07.43.07.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I haven't been able to get the hidden scrollers to work (When you have a div inside a div and the last one is set up with a padding to the right to hide the scroller from the div) since the update. The scroller is there, they scroll but no matter what I do I can't seem to get them hidden. I've noticed looking through some older BBCode threads that others may have been having issues with their scrollers too.

The thing is, no matter if I do them from scratch, use scrollers that work on others sites or copy to the letter the code of scrollers from here that by some weird magic still 'work' (dimensions broken and text cut out and nearly unreadable, but they still scroll hidden), I can't get them to work. Setting up a value for padding-right only squishes my text to the left, leaving a huge space even though I'm setting the inner div's width larger (I've tried percentages AND px measurements, same result).
At this point, I'm past thinking that this is an issue with my code and honestly starting to think that this is the div box acting in a way they normally would not.

So, more than making this bug report, this is a call for help towards advanced coders to check this one for me, to see if they're having the same issue or not...

I could swear (and I'm gonna attach a screenshot that tells me the same) that the scrollers from this post were properly hidden and working before the update!

PS: Apologies if I sound exalted, I tried so many things with this I started thinking I was going crazy ^^' (coding is hard)

With the new updates hiding the scroller has changed a little, but in essence it is still the same! I updated the guide in the divtionary to reflect that! :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Loveless
With the new updates hiding the scroller has changed a little, but in essence it is still the same! I updated the guide in the divtionary to reflect that! :D
Ah... I gotta add a margin setting to it now... This might make moving elements a little troublesome (I assume it will end up being a combination of margin and position?), but well, mystery solved, at least for now...

Thank you for bringing my attention to that detail, I'd definitely have missed it u.u

Seems like the right place to ask.. the [ imga=alignment ] [ /imga ] doesn't work anymore?

Seems like the right place to ask.. the [ imga=alignment ] [ /imga ] doesn't work anymore?
I've been doing [IMGA=right (or left)]Link here[/IMGA] and it works like a charm. Make sure that you're typing the alignment options all in lowercase because in my experience this type of code is finicky with the commands.

Some things to note while using IMGA are that they won't work with attachments (unless you make the post, then click the attachment to get to its link [make sure it doesn't have a hash after it !] ) and they can't work together with IMGR. It's one or the other. If you need to use both I suggest you change to ICSS, which works just like divs.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ashi
This code also works. It's a little more complicated, but if you use it alongside the divtionary you should be able to find/adjust as needed.

[url=LINK][div=height: 150px; width: 150px; background: url(IMAGE); background-size: cover; float: right;][color=transparent]ignore this text[/color][/div][/url]

I've noticed how Spoili were affected, at least in a roleplay I'm in.
Anything that is under a Spoili:
Merely fades to black without decreasing the space on a page. (Before it actually decreased the space of each space too, allowing for a quicker flow across a page)
Any code used within a Spoili appears to not work, as if it treats the Spoili like a code cancel.

Thought it might be good to mention this.

I'm having the same issue. I'm hoping we'll be able to get the inline feature back but the main issue is the code cancel.

I adore the ICSS code! ... Sadly, it won't let link when I wrap a URL around it. x_x
I FOUND A WAY.

[url=https://toyhou.se/277093][icss=display: inline-block; float: left; width: 150px; margin: 50px 40px 30px 00px; z-index: 4; position: relative;]https://i.imgur.com/2bejN7C.png[/icss][/url]

sdkfljsd;;
I know this is a very, very minor thing, but I think the only thing I noticed was spacers? I'm a sucker for spacers. If you have more information on that, I'd be eternally grateful. ;u;
Cheap workaround is cheap and detectable, but I found it worked out pretty well:

[color=transparent]Textlalala makes empty-looking space[/color]

Just put that at the start of your paragraph.

Ah... I gotta add a margin setting to it now... This might make moving elements a little troublesome (I assume it will end up being a combination of margin and position?), but well, mystery solved, at least for now...

Thank you for bringing my attention to that detail, I'd definitely have missed it u.u
an alternative (and I find easier) method to hiding your scrollbar (that was what you were trying to do right?) is to set the div property overflow-y to hidden. I personally rarely actually do this myself since I find the scrollbars to be somewhat helpful, but I have had situations where I have to set the overflow-x to hidden so it should work, and since the scrollbar you'd be hiding is the y axis instead of the x then the normal scrolling method via mouse or mobile touch scrolling should still function fine and this way you wouldn't have to finagle with spacing and extra code. Just thought I'd offer another method to what I believe your problem was ^-^

• Useful
Reactions: Nemopedia

an alternative (and I find easier) method to hiding your scrollbar (that was what you were trying to do right?) is to set the div property overflow-y to hidden. I personally rarely actually do this myself since I find the scrollbars to be somewhat helpful, but I have had situations where I have to set the overflow-x to hidden so it should work, and since the scrollbar you'd be hiding is the y axis instead of the x then the normal scrolling method via mouse or mobile touch scrolling should still function fine and this way you wouldn't have to finagle with spacing and extra code. Just thought I'd offer another method to what I believe your problem was ^-^
Actually, let me test that really quick, just to make sure that isn't flawed advice.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit dignissim sodales ut. Vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices. Vulputate odio ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat. Tellus at urna condimentum mattis. Erat pellentesque adipiscing commodo elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet. Nam aliquam sem et tortor consequat id. Eget est lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Ac turpis egestas integer eget aliquet nibh praesent tristique. Turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed viverra ipsum. Mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada. Scelerisque in dictum non consectetur. Aliquam purus sit amet luctus. Pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit adipiscing bibendum. A erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis tellus. Ut ornare lectus sit amet est. Vestibulum sed arcu non odio euismod lacinia at. Pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat sed cras. Amet luctus venenatis lectus magna fringilla urna.

okay nevermind; disregard the previous post. It was my first time ever finagling with hiding a scrollbar for vertical scrolling whilst keeping it functioning so my advice was in fact flawed. My apologies for any confusion.

GUYS. GUYS I DID THE THING. NO SCROLL BAR VISIBLE. TWO HOURS OF EXPERIMENTING.

REEEE

It's not the prettiest, and it's janky as fuck, but the key was in yanking out anything extra from the code. Yes, there will be math involved. Note: all scroll bars are 17px.

Code:
[div=border: 1px dotted red; height: 250px; width: 200px;][div=overflow-x: hidden; height: 250px; width: 217px;][div=height: 250px; width: 200px; overflow-x: hidden; margin-left: 16px; padding-right: 16px; ]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit dignissim sodales ut. Vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices. Vulputate odio ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat. Tellus at urna condimentum mattis. Erat pellentesque adipiscing commodo elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet. Nam aliquam sem et tortor consequat id. Eget est lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Ac turpis egestas integer eget aliquet nibh praesent tristique. Turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed viverra ipsum. Mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada. Scelerisque in dictum non consectetur. Aliquam purus sit amet luctus. Pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit adipiscing bibendum. A erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis tellus. Ut ornare lectus sit amet est. Vestibulum sed arcu non odio euismod lacinia at. Pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat sed cras. Amet luctus venenatis lectus magna fringilla urna.[/div][/div][div]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed velit dignissim sodales ut. Vestibulum morbi blandit cursus risus at ultrices. Vulputate odio ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat. Tellus at urna condimentum mattis. Erat pellentesque adipiscing commodo elit at imperdiet dui accumsan. Donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet. Nam aliquam sem et tortor consequat id. Eget est lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Ac turpis egestas integer eget aliquet nibh praesent tristique. Turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed viverra ipsum. Mi tempus imperdiet nulla malesuada. Scelerisque in dictum non consectetur. Aliquam purus sit amet luctus. Pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit adipiscing bibendum. A erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis tellus. Ut ornare lectus sit amet est. Vestibulum sed arcu non odio euismod lacinia at. Pulvinar mattis nunc sed blandit libero volutpat sed cras. Amet luctus venenatis lectus magna fringilla urna.

• Love
Reactions: Loveless
Status
Not open for further replies.