The Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam watched as Saito placed a collection of weapons onto a box not far from where she and the othters stood. If she hadn't known any better she would have assumed that he had been pulling the objects out of no where as if he were a magician, but after her discovery of the inventory system she figured that he had pulled them from his own. She eyed each item carefully after he had told them to choose one. 'Okay, lets see. We have a selection consisting of three baseball bats, a bokken, a wooden Bo-Staff, and a bow and quiver. Considering that my favorte play type is rogue I'll most likely follow that same path when it comes to fighting as a Gamer. This means that my choices are narrowed down to either the bokken or the bow. Then again I tend to get up close to enemys instead to attacking them from a distance so that just leaves to bokken.' Sam concluded as she went over and picked up her weapon of choice. Once it was in her hand she looked down at it and said. "Observe".

A wooden katana used for practicing Kendo. It looks like it's in brand new condition and thus is quite sturdy and strong.

After reading the window she placed the bokken into the Equippted Weapon slot so that she would be able to access it without having to go through the inventory window and to be able to pull it out at a moments notice. Seeing as she already had her Window open she made her way over to the Friends window and sent both Oz and Yuriko Friend Requests. With that done she turned her full attention onto Saito and listened closely as he explained why they were there. While she did so she made mental notes on all of the information she didn't already have from Saito's notebook.

"So the reason we are here is so that we can use one of these Mirrior Zones, which you will create using the ID Create Skill. Interesting." Sam remarked quietly, her face remaining nuatral as she did so. On the inside though, she was grinning like a fool as her gamming nature took hold at the prospect of earning EXP and leveling up. "Is there anything specific you can tell us about the monsters we'll be facing? Also, how is it that you came across the ID Create Skill if you don't mind me asking."

"That's correct. While nothing that happens in the Mirror Zone affects the real world, I still think its safer to create them in quiet or places of low traffic, like this warehouse." Saito didn't really know all of the specifics of the Mirror Zone, but with the thought of the Interference Law he didn't want to take any chances since there was probably no way to avoid the actual planet itself trying to kill you. So naturally with that being a risk Saito would rather play it safe then play it sorry. Plus he also liked coming out to this place to practice his acrobatics and free running, so that was always a plus.

"That Messenger of Gaia I mentioned in my notebook taught me how to create and escape a Mirror Zone. From doing that the Gamer Power gave me the ID Create Skill for creating one and ID Escape for getting out of one." Then came the part about what monster they would be taking on first. He took out another notebook from his inventory, this one being different as it had the word 'Bestiary' on the cover. He walked over to Sam and handed her the notebook. "The one on the first page" was all he said to her, letting her peruse its contents.

Despite being called a 'Bestiary' there are only two pages filled. Still the illustrations on the next two pages are quite detailed. Saito is obviously quite the artist.

An incredibly detailed illustration of a zombie is on the page. It looks like any average person only parts of its body are decomposed and rotting. Its skin, even though the drawing is in black and white, is detailed to make it look dead and its eyes have a feral hunger to them. The creature's clothes are tattered, this one looking like it was in a suit of some kind.

Name: Zombie
Species: Undead

Lv: 5

STR: 12
VIT: 16
DEX: 2
INT: 1
WIS: 1
LUK: 1

HP: 50
MP: 0

Observe Skill Description: The weakest form of undead. A walking corpse that has come back from the grave filled with both resentment and thirst for the blood of the living. Its very slow and clumsy, but it has pretty tough skin and it is twice as strong as it was in real life. Beware of its bite, its jaws are very powerful. If it latches onto you it will be very hard to get away thanks to its large amounts of strength. Alone it is quite powerless, but in numbers it can be dangerous. It is best to try and knock it down since they take a while to get up.

EXP Given when I was similar either lower or the same level: 4
Possible Drops I have found so far: Zombie Tooth, Zombie Skin

I would rate its Challenge Level at 1. Still it shouldn't be underestimated anyway. Usage of Ranged Attacks is recommended.

A very detailed illustration of what appears to be some kind of dog man wearing some form of armor. On one of his arms he has a armored hand guard of some kind and he seems to be wielding a large, metal club or something along those lines. His mouth is open revealing many sharp teeth.

Name: Kobold
Species: Beast-Humanoid

Lv: 9

STR: 16
VIT: 12
DEX: 8
INT: 5
WIS: 6
LUK: 3

HP: 65
MP: 10

These beast like warriors are incredibly strong and pretty swift. With their keen, bestial instincts they know how to fight in battle, able to take down foes quickly with both their powerful jaws and the large clubs that they wield. When fighting one of these creatures use caution as they are tough fighters. The fortunate thing though is that they are arrogant and prideful, never ganging up on a single foe when that foe looks easy to beat and as such they tend to underestimate weaker looking opponents.

EXP Given: I haven't fought any yet, only created a Kobold ID for a moment so I could get their Observe data.

Last edited:
Oh, that's why? Whew! That's a relief... Yuriko relaxed visibly on hearing the reasoning behind the otherwise odd location choice. Still, won't coming out here a lot seem weird if there's a bunch of us? She made a mental note to look for more places where they could create these Mirror Zones without notice; there was no telling when a backup could be handy, after all. Then she turned her attention to the items set atop the crate, walking over to get a better look at them. "Wow, Saito-san, you're good at fixing things! I really can't see any sign of the repairs." But before she could pick one, another matter had to be dealt with... New friend request! Yay! Yuri quickly accepted the offer and noted that a new green dot blinked into existence on her mini-map.

By then, Sam had already chosen the bokken, so her remaining choices were the bow, the staff, and the baseball bats. "Hmmm..." There were pros and cons to all the options, so which one was best? "Hmmmmmmm..." She listened to the conversation between Saito and Sam while her hands reached out for a weapon, stopped, withdrew, then approached again. I like ranged classes almost as much as support classes, but I've never fired a bow for real. Should I go with the baseball bat instead? That one should hit hard up close with enough power behind the swing. But then the staff gives me some distance and should be strong too...hmm. It's hard to piiiiick! In the end, she bit her lip and chose, not because she was sure of the choice, but because she really wanted to know what monsters they were talking about. The staff went into her inventory and then into the weapon slot.

"What's on the first page?" Yuri trotted over to where the two stood and tried to get a look at the book as well. "Are they just gonna appear when the Mirror Zone does? Or are there monsters coming in from somewhere?" Normally in games, monsters just...were there, in the world, when the players showed up. The idea that a place without monsters would suddenly have them was kinda puzzling, but not weird enough to be of concern yet. Though if places where monsters appeared really were just out there in the world... "Oh yeah, shouldn't we learn the skills too? The create and escape ones." Better to know how to get rid of them without always fighting.

Oz read through the notebook and passed in on, he also had accepted all friend requests that came his way, however something was off for Oz...he was being unnaturally quiet, he was lost in thought, trying to think of a loop hole in the system that gaia had, but to no avail, and was thus trapped in his own mind. But that time of blissful silence soon ended after he witnessed Saito's abilities to jump and enter the warehouse. it was like Oz snapped out of his trance, then spoke aloud, "Flipping ninjas!" The past thoughts of death, and the world trying to kill him slipped away and he carried on like normal.

Looking at the weapons available to them, and then standing back to let the ladies pick first, Oz then looked at the narrow selection he had before him. "Uhhm...GO BOW!" He shouted then picked up the bow and quiver, "Dun dun dun duunnnn!" He held it up above his head in a childish green hero manner, then proceeded to equip it.

"So, Just so that we are aware, I don't do good with pain, or being hit." he caressed his face with his fingers, "Especially not in the face, I need this you know?" He gave off a big bright smile. He thought he would give them a heads up, he may be a man, and there may be two ladies there, but chivalry had to take a back seat when it came to keeping him in the game.

After hearing Yuri ask about the escaping and creating skills, a question also came to Oz, who blurted it out," Oooh ooooh Oooh! Is it possible to learn more create things? Like can I create a space with fairies?!" Oz was serious with his question, and had a big innocent smile on his face, fairies were just the epitome of happy in the fantasy world in Oz's mind.

"Got it!" Yuriko gave Oz a reassuring smile and thumbs up after his comment about not wanting to get hit, not bothered by the info at all. "It'll be good to have someone at range, too! Our team's more well-rounded this way." She wouldn't have wanted him - or any of them, really - to get hurt on her account, so that was one less thing to worry about.

"Fairies? Like the kind that go in bottles?" She grinned; that tune he had sang out on grabbing the bow had sounded familiar, and that just made her wonder if he had the same thing in mind. Of course she didn't have any bottles with her, but that could easily be fixed. "Being able to pick what enemies we fight could be good anyway, so we can stay out of any places with spear-throwing ogre-things, or other stuff that's too dangerous for us to win against." Yuri's mood was pretty good, between all the accepted friend requests and the satisfaction of gradually learning more about her situation. Sure, there were still more questions than answers, but for the moment they were discovering plenty of things...and most importantly, it seemed like they could work together to figure it all out.

Sam picked the Bokken, Yuriko picked the wooden Bo-Staff, and Oz picked the Bow and Arrow which had ten arrows. Obviously they were not meant for real life or death combat, but they were definitely better than nothing. Saito chuckled a little as Oz 'acquired' an Item and as Yuriko and Oz talked about Fairies. "If we can create such a Mirror-Zone, I have not learned it yet." Saito interjected into that conversation now, looking at all of them with the Observe Skill really quick as he mumbled the command for it beneath his breath.

Sam and Yurkio seemed like somewhat capable melee fighters. Oz, on the other hand, definitely shouldn't be on the front lines. Archery was indeed the best for him at the current moment. Saito took out his own red fiberglass Bo-Staff, spinning it quickly in front of him and to the sides of him, being quite graceful and skilled with the weapon before he then slammed the end onto ground next to him. "Don't worry though, ill do most of the fighting for now so that you guys can Level Up some first."

If they had a Friends List, then it was only conceivable that Parties could be created. "Create Party" With that command a small smile appeared on Saito's face. "What I want to name it huh..." But right after saying that he shook his head, definitely looking like he was pressing on a button on the window. "I do not want to name it that." He then proceeded to think for several moments, nodding as he came up with a name. "The Gamers" With that he then pressed another button. With that done he looked to the others.

"Party Invite"
He said this three times, once for each of them. When he said it windows would appear for each of them, visible to both whoever they appeared for and Saito this time around, which actually surprised him a little bit.

Saito Hiraga has invited you to the party "The Gamers"

There were two buttons for 'Yes' and 'No' and a timer counting down from 60 to indicate probably how much time was left before the invite was null and void. The Party Creation was so that they could all get EXP from fighting the enemies they were about to face off. Once everyone had accepted it, which if they didn't then gaining EXP while fighting was going to be alot harder, Saito began moving some things around, creating a little bit of cover from some of the leftover crates and stacking a few of them on top of each other like small platforms. He was setting up some terrain to use and take advantage of for the battle.

"Alright, if everyone is ready... get into positions." He raised his hand towards the sky now. "Zombie ID Create!" After that the area suddenly changed. Any electrical lights that were on would be turned off. Any outside sounds disappeared. Other than that, the area appeared to be completely normal. Of course, that was if one didn't count about the ten Zombies that had appeared not too far from their position, about twenty yards away. They looked like typical walking, rotting corpses only they didn't really smell at all. Above their head in red text, instead of the typical light blue text, read 'Zombie Lv: 5'.

---
Saito Acrobatics: 12 - 39 Acrobatics = -27
---

Saito was the first one to move, and move he did. He was quite quick, suddenly hopping up onto a box, then onto another, then off of one with a flip, moving very quickly as he had landed right near a Zombie. "Mana Ball!" Suddenly cupped and held in his hand was a pretty decent sized sphere of compressed, blue, glowing energy that seemed to gather two more bursts of energy, but instead of growing in size it seemed to be more compacted and compressed . With how quickly he moved he was able to lunge towards the Zombie with one single leap. "Hand Bomb!" His hand now proceeded to glow slightly as with the momentum of his lunge he thrust his hand with the ball of energy in it right at the Zombie.

---
Saito Fisticuffs (Hand Bomb -- Mana Ball): 64 - 31 Fisticuffs = 33

Zombie Dodge: 39

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 25

Zombie Prone Resist: Failed
---

The Zombie looked like it was about to slowly saunter out of the way, but Saito's attack slammed straight into it. The ball seemed to explode with a burst of energy as it slammed straight into the Zombie, Saito managing to dodge back just out getting damaged with the blasting affect just in time with almost unnatural reflexes. A red '25' appeared over the Zombie's head as the attack connected, implying that they could see how much damage their attacks deal. The force of the explosion and the attack itself seemed to knock the Zombie backwards and onto its back. Seeing his opportunity Saito's Bo Staff appeared in his hand and he jumped at the Zombie, attempting to strike it down with his staff while it was on the ground.

---
Saito Bo Staff Strike: 1 (Critical!)

Zombie Dodge: 83

Damage Dealt: 54
---

This time, as the downward, jumping staff strike seemed to hit very well onto the zombie's skull. A larger, red 54 with the word Critical! next to it appeared, implying that a Critical Strike had been dealt. This second strike seemed to destroy the Zombie right there, its body disintegrating and vanishing into thin air in a black poof right after the strike.

One Zombie was dead. Nine more remain, Saito having dispatched one quickly. Still there were alot and one probably wouldn't get all that stronger from just sitting back like Saito had told them to. The Zombies seemed quite clumsy and moved really slow, but despite that they also seemed quite strong as implied from its high STR and VIT stats as seen in Saito's Bestiary Journal.

Sam took the notebook from Saito and began to read it, paying particularly close attention to the page one as she wanted know what she would be up against. Her eye twitched slightly as she read the name of the monster. 'Zombies. Why the hell is it always Zombies?! I mean really!' She thought to herself with an internal groan of exasperation. It wasn't that she hated zombies, in fact she loved zombie movies. What she disliked about them was just how they just seemed to be every where in the media recently.

She had gotten halfway through page one for a second time, as she wanted to memorize as much of the passage as she could before being thrown into battle, when Yuri walked over to her and asked her as to what was on the first page then peered over her shoulder in order to get a look at the notebook. Not wanting to seem to cold towards someone who could be considered a friend, despite only knowing them for less then two hours, she angled the notebook more towards Yuri. "Zombies." She answered.

Moments later her attention was diverted towards Oz as he held his weapon of choice above his head and sang an awfully familiar tune. She chuckled softly at his enthusiasm, which was then followed by an eye roll upon the mention of keeping his face from harm. She then watched silently as Yuri and Oz began to talk about fairies and if they were real.

Eventually Saito interrupted their conversation and they returned to the real reason they were there and that was to learn how to fight. She watched Saito as he seemed to be uttering commands, but she couldn't exatly tell what he was saying from where she stood. She found out nearly a minute later when a window appeared before her.

Saito Hiraga has invited you to the party "The Gamers"

Upon finishing reading it she quickly pressed the 'Yes' button then looked back towards Saito who was moving objects around the room. 'What is he up to now?' Sam pondered to herself. She didn't get to ponder for long when Saito told them to get to their positions and then activated Zombie ID Create Skill.

All of the surrounding lights went out and the world went silent, but it didn't stay silent for long. The sound of shuffling feet and groaning echoed through the air. A shiver ran down Sam's spin as she noted the group of Zombies not far from them. She dove behind one of the crates Saito had moved minutes before as she didn't want to draw the attention of the Zombies as of yet. 'Well that answers why he was moving them. He was making cover. Note to self, thank him later.' Sam peered out from behind the crate when she heard the sounds of battle and saw Saito engaging one of the Zombies.

'Well sitting here is going to do me any good. Might as well as follow his lead.' She thought once he had dispatched the enemy. Sam looked around the area, noting the postions of the Zombies. Finding one that was facing the opposite direction as her she quietly and quickly began to make her way towards said Zombie, drawing her Bokken as she did so.

"Aww..." Yuriko was initially disappointed by the lack of a fairy ID, but brightened again on thinking of something. "But just because we don't know how to make one now, that doesn't mean it's impossible! Right?" It'll be a bummer if the fairies are enemies instead of healing ones like in that one game...are there zones where the mobs are friendly? She was about to ask Saito this, but was distracted by the appearance of several windows. "Huh?" Only one floated in front of her; the other two seemed to be for Sam and Oz instead. "Oooh...that's new. Do we share windows when we're in a party?"

To test that, and out of simple curiosity, she said, "Party Window." It had been empty the last time she looked; now she wondered what had changed, now that a party was actually established. Which is why she looked puzzled on seeing the blank window from before. "Why's it the same as when I...oh oh oh!" As if it would prevent the last few seconds from ticking down, Yuri mashed the 'Yes' key at hyper speed. "Whew!" Fortunately she had caught it just in time. The request window disappeared, but the party window remained open, letting her see the contents. "So, the four of us against a bunch of zombies..." Between his level and the bestiary information, Yuri wasn't too worried about Saito; he had probably done all this before. Is this kinda like power-leveling? The rest of them were a bit harder to guess at, and she found herself hoping that no one would get too badly hurt, yet looking forward to really seeing what fighting monsters and leveling was like. Remember, this isn't a game, don't get too excited! It was hard though.

Even after Saito pushed crates around, she didn't quite get that they were really about to start until he mentioned getting into positions. She drew out her staff and rushed over to stand in front of a pair of stacked boxes. Since she didn't know where the zombies would appear, she didn't want to get caught with them behind her and wind up in trouble right away; the boxes would cut down the number of directions they could approach from. Unless they can break through boxes...aaaah that's not the kinda thing I wanna think right now!

Then the lights went out. Yuri let out a surprised eep; an abandoned warehouse was eerie enough when illuminated, now the place was just outright creepy. The addition of groaning, shuffling zombies didn't help one bit. She shivered, then took a deep breath and tried to calm down...and surprisingly it worked. In what little light was left she could sort of see where the zombies had appeared. Just after the one near Saito was defeated, one of them wandered slowly to the right of her, so she ducked behind the boxes and waited for it to get closer. She jumped out as it passed in hopes of catching it by surprise with a quick attack.

Something did happen though. After Saito dispatched the first Zombie the number above Yuriko's head to indicate her level went from 1 to 2 instantly as a window would appear in front of her, the Gamers not able to see each others windows, those party invite windows just being special most likely. The window read as such.

Your Level has increased by 1

And indeed Yuriko would feel a small bit tougher and stronger now just from the innate level up bonuses. Plus if what Saito's notebook said was true, not that there would be time during the fight to check, then Stat and Talent Points also needed to be applied for further strength increases, but that would obviously have to wait until there were no more zombies to fight. The warehouse was luckily still lit from the outside natural light of the sun, there were just no electrical lights on in the area anymore.

So after Saito moved Sam seemed to move first. Getting into a good position behind a crate as she attempted to sneak up on the Zombie with her new Bokken for a probable sneak attack.

---
Sam Stealth: 32 - 12 Stealth = 20

Zombie Observation: 22
---

The Zombie looked like it might have just barely heard or saw Sam sneaking up from behind it. Unfortunately for it, if the Zombie did indeed could tell that Sam was sneaking up behind it, it was far too late for it to notice. Sam would be able to sneak up just in time to catch it off guard with her Bokken, allowing her essentially get a much better strike on a very defenseless Zombie.

---
Sam Sneak Attack: 61 - 10 Melee Weaponry - 25 Distance Bonus = 26

Zombie Dodge: 73

Hit! (Max Damage Hit)

Damage Dealt: 9 Damage

Additional Affect (Prone): Successful
---

Its skin was somewhat tough. Not all that tough since it was a corpse, but tough nonetheless to make part of the blow not work. Still the attack was a pretty solid hit. Normally its incredible strength would have also allowed it to stay standing. Thanks to it being off guard though it really didn't have any time to brace or hold itself steady as it was caught completely off guard. Four windows appeared in front of Sam after this attack, the windows reading the following, the first two disappearing shortly to give way to another two.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through successfully sneaking up and attacking an opponent an ability to deal further damage upon a successful surprise attack, Sneak Attack, has been created.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through an expertly well placed usage of a sword in battle an ability to perform better with swords, Sword Mastery, has been created.

Sneak Attack (Passive) (Lv 1: 0/100 EXP): Whenever you successfully catch a foe by surprise you can use this Skill. The opponent's Dodge is 0 against this Attack. Also your attack deals an additional amount of Damage equal to 20 + Stealth% of your DEX. To Level Up: Perform a successful Sneak Attack, Get a Critical Strike, Miss with the Sneak Attack.

Sword Mastery (Passive) (Lv 1: 0/100 EXP): Deal 10% more damage with Blunt weapons. +5% Attack and +2% Parry speed. To Level Up: Hit with a Sword, Defend with a Sword, Get a Critical with a Sword.

The Zombie was knocked down to the ground, falling on its stomach, which was just the opening Sam would need to help strike the beast down while it was on the ground.

---
Sam Free Attack: 16 + 25 (Free Attack Penalty) - 10 Melee Weaponry -5 Skill Bonus = 31

Zombie Dodge: 76

Hit! (Max Damage Hit!)

Damage Dealt: 10 Damage
---

The next attack was hit, the zombie being struck while down on the ground. It would take a bit for it to get up, which would most likely promote another opening when it did get up, but for now it took a pretty solid beating. Still it was alive and kicking nonetheless. And indeed that window about Sword Mastery was correct. Your swing felt more efficient and powerful as it struck the grounded Zombie, dealing a little more damage than your last swing did.

-------

Yuriko seemed to be on the move now as well. Yuriko also attempted to perform a sneak attack just as Sam did, hoping to catch it off guard.

---
Stealth: 70 - 7 Stealth

Zombie Observation: 50
---

Unfortunately Yuriko didn't seem to be as stealthy as Sam was. It seemed to turn around as it probably smelled her sneaking up from behind, or whatever it could do. Regardless it knew she was there and managed to turn right towards Yuriko just in time to not be completely off guard by her sudden attack, the reach of the staff luckily not accounting for the distance she had to move from to strike.

---
Yuriko Staff Strike: 32 - 8 Melee Weaponry - 25 Distance Bonus = -1 (Lucky Strike)

Zombie Dodge: 24

Damage Dealt: 13

Additional Affect (Prone): Successful (Fumble)
---

Yuriko's attack, somehow, managed to luckily strike the Zombie's weak point, the creature falling over and leaving itself, and its weak point as well, both completely exposed when it did so. This attack prompted two windows to appear in front of Yuriko, the first appearing and then disappearing after a few moments to give headway to a new window.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through an expertly well placed usage of a staff in battle an ability to perform better with staves, Staff Mastery, has been created.

Staff Mastery (Passive) (Level 1: 0/100 EXP): Deal 10% more damage with staves. +5% Attack Speed and +2% Parry speed when wielding a Staff. To Level Up: Attack an enemy, Parry with a staff, deal a Critical Strike.

Still there was no time to read them as with the Zombie falling over in such a way that it left its weak point exposed, this opportunity now allowed Yuriko a very quick and easy opening in which to strike, your attack with your weapon feeling faster and stronger probably thanks to the new skill you just obtained.

---
Yuriko Free Strike: 32 + 25 Free Strike Penalty - 8 Melee Weaponry - 5 Skill Bonus = 44

Zombie Dodge: 85

Hit! (Max Damage)

Damage Dealt: 10 Damage
---

The attack hit dead on, dealing a decent amount of damage as it hit right into the beast. Still it was alive and kicking nonetheless and this battle was far from over.

"Alllllrright!" Oz fist pumped the air, stealth and sneaking were never his strong points, even though he watched the others do some sweet stealthy moves, he would not follow suit.

He did however ready a shot with his bow, trying to aim it as well as he could, closing one eye as he felt it gave him a more accurate look on things. "Whatcha!" He shouted after he let go of the string and sent the arrow flying towards a zombie. then he did a roll to the side, for no reason other than the fact that it is what he would make a game character do. "This is wicked!" He cheered on joyfully to aloud to him and his comrades. He had ten arrows, and now he had nine, so nine shots left he could do, and then he had his darts on hand, after that, he would have to start launching zombie pieces, because that would be the practical thing to do.

Oz would aim his bow at one of the creatures, firing off one of the arrows at the undead.

---
Oz Archery: 40 - 7 Projectile Weaponry = 33

Zombie Dodge: 49

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 9
---

The arrow would hit dead on, sticking inside of the zombie's shoulder a bit, the creature letting out a small groan of pain. All of the zombies began to move slowly now towards the Gamers. The two on the ground though, instead of actually getting up, crawled and aimed for grabbing the ankles of Sam and Yuriko, probably attempting to bite them with their powerful looking jaws and rotting teeth.

---
Zombie Grapple: 32

Sam Parry: 97 (Fumble)

Zombie Grapple: 44

Yuriko Parry: 40
---

The Zombie grabbing Sam would easily be able to latch on, Sam somehow tripping up when it did out of clumsiness. When she suddenly fell though she would hit her head, stunning her for just a moment since the ground was hard. In that single moment the zombie would bite down hard on Sam's leg. It hurt, alot, but it didn't feel like it ripped into her flesh or anything. It just hurt, alot, a red 17 appearing over Sam's head when she was bit, something that all the Gamers would see, the 17 most likely indicating how much damage she was dealt. Luckily though Sam wouldn't catch anything from it.

Right after she was bit though something good came from it, two windows appearing in front of her, one appearing and then disappearing giving way to the second.

A Skill has been created through a special action. Through enduring intense physical damage and pain the ability to better endure physical damage, Physical Endurance, has been created.

Physical Endurance (Level 1: 0/100 EXP) (Passive): +1 Resilience. +5% HP. To Level Up: Successfully endure a physical attack. Successfully endure a Critical Strike from a physical attack. Completely Nullify a physical attack.

Yuriko, on the other hand, was having an easier time dealing with the Zombie trying to grab her. Its grab attempt was powerful, but her staff quicker as she was easily able to deflect the oncoming hand to the side with her staff, a window appearing in front of her after she did mentioning the following.

Staff Mastery's Level has increased by 1.

Saito saw this and wanted to go help her, but the two Zombies attempting to grab at him were certainly distracting him at the moment, the acrobat knowing that he would have to try and deal with them quickly, or at least move away from them and their attempts to grab him at the current moment.

---
Zombie 1 Grapple: 33

Saito Dodge: 10

Zombie 2 Grapple: 53

Saito Dodge: 10

Missed.
---

Saito was very nimble and quick. Despite their attempts to grab at him the moment he began to move they were futile. Saito was easily tumbling away. The other Zombies, the whole group a small bit spread out, were starting to move slowly. The one Oz shot was slowly heading towards him along with one other while more began to head towards Yuriko, Sam, and...

---
Saito Tumble: 13 - 40 Acrobatics = -27
---

Saito, who easily easily tumbling around and through and past the small group of Zombies to get to where Yuriko was. He was quite the acrobat as during one of his flips as he got closer he jumped up, staff appearing in his hand, and then prepared to use the force of both the tumble flip and the jump to bring his Staff down on the Zombie who looked like it was going to bite Sam's ankle once again in any second.

---
Saito Attack: 29 - 29 Melee Weaponry - 11 Skill Bonus = -11 (Lucky)

Zombie Defense: 49

Hit! (Lucky)

Damage Dealt: 36
---

With a bang the fiberglass bo-staff crashed down onto the creature's cranium, Saito just somehow striking its weak point with that powerful attack. The moment it hit it was as if the Zombie was literally disintegrated by the force of the blow as he sighed with relief, quickly reaching down to help Sam up whether or not she wanted his help, her leg working fine despite the nasty bite it took to it, the leg also not appearing to be wounded either.

The moment the Zombie was killed a window would appear for both Oz and Sam, reading as following, Sam's HP being restored back to full and the pain in her leg suddenly being gone, although any fatigue that any of them have accumulated during the battle does not go away upon them leveling up.

Your Level has gone up by 1.

Last edited:
'Ow!' Sam thought as the Zombie bit into her leg after she had fallen to the floor. In the top left hand corner of her vision she watched as a red bar, which sat above a blue one, go down a significant amount. 'And there goes my health.' She looked over her shoulder at the Zombie that still had a grip on her leg and watched in horror as it was about to bite her again. Fortunately for her, though, Saito seemed to come out of nowhere and slammed his bo-staff onto the monsters head, shattering it to dust.

"Thanks." Sam said gratefully as Saito helped her up off of the the ground. Once she was on her feet a Window appeared with a ping, alerting her that she had just Leveled Up. 'Sweet.' She thought with a small grin as she looked at the Window. 'Not only did I get a new skill, but I also leveled up. That is so aweso...' A loud groan brought her back to the reality, as well as the danger, of the situation she was in. 'Shit! This neither the time nor place to be getting excited!' She cursed to herself as she made her way behind another crate where she looked up at her health bar to confirm how much damage the Zombie had done, only to be surprised that the bar was full once more. 'Note to self, health bar replenishes after Leveling Up.'

The scuffling of feet on the the other side of the crate alerted her to another Zombie. Her grip on the Bokken tightened and her body tensed. Taking a deep breath, she slowly made her way around the box as quietly as she could. A sneak attack had worked the first time, maybe it would work for a second.

Another attempt to sneak up on a hopefully unsuspecting Zombie was done by Sam, Bokken in hand as she moved quietly, using some of the crates moved by Saito to provide her some extra cover in the sneak attempt.

---
Sasha Stealth: 19 - 12 Stealth = 7
---

The Zombie was more of a creature of smell and hearing rather than sight. Still despite that it did not notice Sam sneaking up on it with the Bokken in hand, which allowed her Sneak Attack Skill to kick in as she brought her Bokken down upon the Zombie with a faster, stronger attack.

---
Sasha Attack: 60 - 25 Distance - 10 Melee Weaponry - 5 Skill Bonus = 20

Hit! (Max Damage)

Damage Dealt: 13
---

The Zombie, unfortunately, did not fall prone beneath the force of the hit like the others seemed to. Still it took a pretty strong blow nonetheless, its skin absorbing some of the impact. The beast was still very living and strong despite the damage dealt as it let out a loud groan, Sam not able to sneak away again right now since to sneak up that Zombie she wasn't next to any crates now at least in a way she could sneak back away. Not only that, but she was right in front of a Zombie, probably not the best time to try and sneak away form something that had turned around to see her.

After her attack had struck though two windows appeared in front of Sam, both of them reading as follows.

Sneak Attack's Level has increased by 1.

Sword Mastery's Level has increased by 1.

Dangerous or not, Yuriko grinned in excitement as her first hits landed successfully. Not only had she leveled up, but she earned a new skill just from this early bit of fighting! It was a bit discouraging that hers hit the ground but didn't poof into nothing like Saito's did, though. But he's 6 levels higher than them, right? I've gotta deal with the level difference too...so let's do more damage! Before she could, a yell not far off made it clear that she had gotten lucky with repelling that grab the zombie had attempted.

Yuri tried to peer around the scattered boxes to check on the others...and instead of friends, the first thing she spotted were more zombies that trudged near. Oh man, I do not wanna deal with two yet, even if they're slow! I gotta get rid of this one. The best way she could think of to make her hits more powerful would be to put more weight, or more momentum, behind her attacks... "Here goes!" She shifted her grip on the staff and backed up a little, then tried to slam it down on the zombie with all the force she could manage.

Luckily the Zombie she was attacking was still the one on the ground since it was the closest to her, her attack attempting to end this beast once and for all.

---
Yuriko Staff: 24 - 8 Melee Weaponry - 6 Skill Bonus = 10

Hit! (Max)

Damage Dealt: 11
---

The attack seemed to have just enough force behind it as it slammed down on the zombie to make it literally vanish beneath the force of the blow, it disappearing in a small black mist, leaving now only seven zombies left.

"Oh yeah!" Cheered Oz as he watched the others fell the zombies, Feeling encouraged by there fighting, This is amazing! He thought to himself as he tried to contain his enthusiasm, so he wore his smile from ear to ear, and took a step back, staring at the zombie shuffling towards him, his last arrow hit its mark, but wouldn't really do anything to a zombie from hitting it in the shoulder. He lowered himself getting into a more stable stance and rested one arm on his leg to steady his shot, pulling an arrow from the quiver and pulling it back, "Don't trip!" he chuckled as he let it go, aiming for the zombies leg, he hoped to have it stumble over. Ranged 'CC' was better then little damage in his books.

This shot would this time be targeted towards the leg of the Zombie in order to either make it trip or slow down, a somewhat more difficult shot, but on a slow zombie it could work and be successful.

---
Oz Archery: 13 - 7 Projectile Weaponry - 5 Skill Bonus + 10 Targeted Shot Penalty = 11

Hit! (Max Damage)

Damage Dealt: 7 Damage
---

The attack worked. The arrow struck through beasts leg and made it suddenly fell down as it groaned in pain, the arrow stopping it. Unfortunately both arrows broke when the beast fell, broken inside of it. Well they could probably be repaired, but no now Oz lost two of his arrows. Still pieces of the arrow were still lodged in it and the beast was down, which would make it easier to contend with, two windows appearing for Oz now, one appearing, then disappearing and giving way to a new one.

A Skill has been created through a special action. By practicing targeting specific locations of a body, the ability to specifically aim for a target location, Precision Shot, has been unlocked.

Precision Shot (Lv 1: 0/100 EXP) (Active: 3 MP): You aim for a specific location on a target, either a weak spot to pierce its resistance by striking a weaker spot, its leg to stop it, or some other location. This shot is a bit harder to make. +10% Damage when using Precision Shot. +1% Accuracy when using Precision Shot. To Level Up: Use Precision Shot, get a Critical.

It was an Active Skill and in order to use it you have to say its name to use the Skill and its abilities.

th one Zombie knocked down by Oz's arrow, and three dead there were still six Zombies left on the move. Two were only a couple of meters away from Yuriko and could pounce any second now and another three a couple of meters from Sam and Saito. There was also one right next to Sam. This one quickly reached out to her to try and bite down upon her with its mighty jaws. Unfortunately for Sam though its hands managed to slip past her guard as it now attempted to bite her with those same mighty jaws that had bit her once before.

Luckily enough Sam managed to keep back the Zombie enough with her own weapon as she would have to wrestle to get away the next time she got a chance. The creature was definitely biting at her though and staying in its hold with three more oncoming was probably not the best idea.

Luckily Saito decided to go for the three that looked like in the next moment they could pounce on Sam who already had one to deal with. "Mana Ball!" He quickly ran towards one that was right next to the others as he called out "Hand Bomb!", his hand glowing with that same energy from before as with the force of his running he aimed to slam the orb into the Zombie.

---
Saito Hand Bomb: 21 - 32 Fisticuffs +25 Distance Penalty = 14

Hit (Max Damage)

Damage Dealt: 36

Damage Dealt to Nearby Targets: 12
---

The attack worked, the orb exploding upon impact and Saito jumping back quickly in enough time to also watch two Zombies right next to the one he targeted get blasted by the shockwave of the attack. The one that was hit by the initial attack vanished away into nothing under the force of it while the other two were knocked backwards a short bit, but both seemed to stay on their feet regardless of this. There were still six zombies to deal with now with four of them gone, but it could only get easier, or potentially get harder. Either way the battle wasn't over yet.

'And now would be a good time to retreat.' Sam thought as the two Zombies near her began to recover from being blown back by Saito's attack, which had destroyed the one that had been right in front of her. 'Facing two of these things at one time is a really bad idea.' With that said, or rather thought in this case, she made her way back to the crates. If all went well she would be able to lose them by weaving in and out of the creates as they would not be able to give chase to her quickly do to their slow speed.

As she made her way to the crates, though, she saw from the corner of her eye that two Zombies were quickly approaching Yuri. 'Looks like there's a change in plans.' She thought as she changed directions and ran towards the other pair of Zombies as fast as she could.

Sam would rush towards one of the Zombies now, Bokken in hand to help Yuriko out with the two Zombies that were approaching her, Saito clearly being able to handle the two Zombies that he was dealing with.

---
Sam Sword Attack: 50 - 10 Melee Weaponry - 6 Skill Bonus = 34

Hit!

Damage Dealt: 10
---

Sam would hit the Zombie with a pretty solid blow, dealing some decent damage to it. Unfortunately it was still standing and now had its attention on Sam, but that was alot better than two of them having their attention on Yuriko.

Status
Not open for further replies.