The Galactic Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyed, Aika put on a critical and superior tone of voice, though it wasn't that different from her usual one. "I'm the most intelligent existence within 300 kilometers. I can model battles so accurately that I know exactly where a projectile that hasn't even been fired yet will hit. I know the exact capabilities of this engine, I just want more. Why make do with acceptable when we could have acceptable AND enough power left over to run the kettle? I'm not actually joking there. At full speed, with full shields and all electrically powered weapons operational, you won't be able to make tea... ah, here they are." She changed the topic when several small, black dots flew out of a ventilation shaft. "Cool, aren't they? I modified some stray mosquitoes to have radio controlled brains and detachable stomachs."

Leone merely watched as the kid began talking like he was in charge. He wasn't getting pranked, right? His tail slowly flicked with the thought, but he followed along behind the kid at a safe distance. He hesitated as he listened to the AI, watching as the insects came out of the vents. "Interesting could be a word for them, but cool seems too far of a stretch for me. I'm not overly fond of biting insects." He spoke simply, keeping the emotion from his voice.

He carefully thought over the concept of the insects, seeing quite the evil manipulation of it. Giving them a neurotoxin or something along those lines would make them quite the efficient weapon. Not that he's be tempted to do so, bugs creeped him out. He'd much rather deal with mechanical weapons than bioweapons.

Aret stood to the side after introducing himself to the captain, and observed the other crew members as they entered. They seemed capable and most seemed competent. Especially the one with three arms. Still, he was not sure of the captain and the AI. When the RC mosquitoes entered the room he adjusted his collar around his neck. Getting bit by altered creatures was not likely a comfortable scenario. "So you took, what, an hour or so? To create a modified creature that lives less than 24 hours AND you removed the part of it that made them lethal. That sounds short-sighted." Aret liked arguing with AI. During his police years he and a squad of EODs attempted to fry an AIs circuits by asking it stupid questions until it gave up. They succeeded and caused the AI to tear itself apart because it couldn't answer their ridiculous questions.

"I got bored so I decided to see what I could do with the Micron Printer in the lab." Aika adopted a rather patronising tone of voice. "And besides, ship AIs have a lot of free time and very little ability to move around, so we're very creative when it comes to finding ways to entertain ourselves, even if it's ultimately futile. Or are you telling me you've never built a lego model that doesn't also function as an assault rifle?" She broke off for a second to set the blood samples to analyse themselves. "I know what you're trying to do, but it's not going to work on me. I'm not what one would call a normal AI. My programming got fucked up a while ago so I get to ignore logic now."

Raynar began the loading process though it seemed at this time their was only his equipment to load, his loader rolled its way for its Cargo Lift, Raynar planned to keep his equipment around as he made a bet this kid wouldn't have the kit himself.

Once Raynar had boarded he deployed his Droids as the began moving the Cargo Lift and his personal Cargo Canister to clear sectors of the ship so that they could be locked down, Raynar himself backed up his vehicle into a suitable position within the bay, once he had brought the flat bed to a halt, he began the process of sinking his vehicle down on to its wheels in till the rims and the wheels made contact with each other, Raynar jumped down out of the cabin, it seemed at this time it wouldn't be easy in till they reached orbit or further after that he could reposition the bits and pieces in the bay more efficiently.

For now all he could do was engage the magnetic clamps on the flat bed to keep it locked down, it was time for Raynar to get to know his bay and settle in...

Subject X didn't really notice the tiny machines until his suit gave him a 'warning', although a minor one that didn't give him a heart attack, still surprised him though. He watched the mosquito like machines with curiosity, with some caution/worry. For if they were meant to take blood samples, he was going to have a problem. Not that he hated the things, but if they didn't get a blood sample, it'd most likely arouse suspicion. And the only solution was to open the chest area of his exoskeleton or his visor. But if he did that, then he'd be exposing himself as a cyborg, not that it was wrong. But, with how the authorities reacted to a ship crashing near a major settlement and reports from eye witnesses seeing lone figure emerge as if nothing had affected it. With some officials putting a "If you see this, report it for reward." alert out. He wasn't keen on being turned in for money. If there was a reward like that. Despite all of his statistics/small time AIs telling him otherwise, he decided to reveal his secret. But, deciding to do something first. "Question....How does today's society take to cybernetic enhancement....Extensive enhancements. To the point if where the person with the enhancements is almost completely a machine?" He had to be sure about this. Not saying if a negative response would deter him from revealing his secret. But it'd help his confidence.

Aika suddenly became very excited. She loved machines, as one might guess. "You're a cyborg? That's awesome. What are your specs? Can I take you apart? Can I upgrade you? How much did it cost? Did you get any mental enhancements or only physical? Are you wifi-enabled?"

Well. That removed the whole cautionary theme. Not that he mind, it did remove his slight worry. "Yes. I am a cybern-....Cyborg. While I do have enhancements. I don't much have mental enhancements, unless you count Minor AIs and sensory enhancements assisting me a bit. As for Wi-Fi....I guess I do?" He didn't tell if he was, afterall. He had three tiny symbols in his HUD. A square that he found was the 'map'. A Hexagon that was somehow like the "Status" of the suit. And a triangle. Which he couldn't guess as to what it did. All it did was blink, although it blinked faster when he was in settlements or near communication outposts. So maybe it was like a "Internet Access" thing. Or perhaps it was just a nuisance. For some reason, one of his minor AIs decided that now was a good time to bring up the Triangle. It's status said "Connection now open." So, maybe it was the Wi-Fi. Now, all he had to do was learn how to work it..
[A little OOC, but my internet is going down frequently thanks to the incoming storm. So, I decided to post incase the internet goes down for a few hours.]

Last edited:
Reilly decided to give "Subject X" a proper response.
"We'll, if you're confined to that suit all day, I'm going to infer you'd have about the same social standing as a Scavanger. The majority of actual cyborgs you hear about are illegal Bio-Drones... terrible amalgamations of machinery and lab-grown tissue... often run by the brains of viscious animals given neural implants so they follow orders and shoot guns. Think Aika's mosquitos, but on a larger scale. People may be intimidated by you, but that can be advantageous."

"Social standing? Good or bad?" He didn't mean it was bad to be a Scavenger [Not that he was a Scavenger.], he just wanted to make sure he wasn't going to have to be treated different than other species. Plus, after spending decades in Cryo-Stasis, he wasn't use to this government/civilization's way of doing things. Where he came from, there was some racial differences/treatments, but that was only in some countries/states. In the 'clean' cities, which had 'Teched' out police and little to no crime. Everyone was treated equal. To some degree. "On second thought...Is there a SDCD, Suit Diagnostic Checkup Device. Or a Suit Cradle on board?" It would be easier to download this type of information than constantly asking questions. Plus it'd allow him to see if his suit and cybernetics were working correctly.

"There is, but it might be a little rusty, and it'll probably need some modifications. It was built to check on military exoskeletons, not full cybernetic bodies. I'll see if I can get something sorted out for you before we leave."

"Thanks." That was good, the sooner he could see if there was any type of damage that his suit wasn't picking up, or find out if there were additional features his cybernetics could do, the better. With that said and done, he decided to make small talk, beginning with one of the most inventive ones available. "Soooooo......How was everyone's day?"

(( Whoa. Why did I not get any alerts about this thread... it seems like it died down anyway... ))

Status
Not open for further replies.