1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Open to anything, but particularly enjoy gothic horror, urban fantasy, science fiction, post-apocalypse, and steampunk.
ZwoJ7xT.jpg

In an article from The Wall Street Journal, we're finally given an insider's glimpse of where Spidey could have been, but alas, shall not be!

It looks like there were legitimate talks on the table about Marvel producing a series of Spider-Man movies, up to and including him in Captain America: Civil War. Unfortunately, the talks eventually broke down with Sony deciding to pursue their own goals, which include an animated comedy feature. Additional talks have been scheduled for Q1 of 2015, a sort of "Spidey Summit".

As a fan, this is downright depressing! Spidey was such a huge part of the Civil War storyline, and having him absent is kind of a kidney punch.

Additionally, I wonder where the negotiations actually broke down. Was Marvel playing hardball with how much of a percent of the profit they would rake in? Was Sony vying for more creative control? Was there a "pride" issue on Sony's side over not being able to produce a Marvel Studios-level comic feature? Or perhaps there was an issue over who would retain Spider-Man's film rights once the deal was over?

It makes me wonder, but overall, it makes me sad. The Spidey movies we deserve alas shall not come to pass!

At least, for now...

(I swear to god, if they follow up with that Aunt May movie bullshit...)

I STILL SACRIFICE VIRGINS TO THE COMIC BOOK GODS FOR A NEW AVENGERS MOVIE

I WANT TO SEE OLD AVENGERS CAST WORKING WITH NEW AVENGERS CAST

IT'D BE LIKE DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, ONLY WITH MORE MARVEL HEROES

OR A MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE MOVIE, THAT WOULD BE COOL TOO

because all these marvel movies are giving me the hugest set of nerd-blue-balls i've ever had

and the above suggestions would result in the HUGEST spray of nerd-semen ever

To be fair, I'm actually happy that Marvel never regained the movie rights to both X-Men and Spider-Man. Now, hang on, put those pitchforks down and hear me out. The rights being retained to both Sony and Warner Bros meant that Marvel had to dig deep into their own universe and look for characters and teams that would otherwise be ignored(Guardians would've been ignored, and probably just now we'd have an Avengers movie, I bet). In a way it was a blessing of sorts. Now, I do hope in the future they do get rights back to them(Not before Apocalypse, seriously, I finally get to see my second favourite marvel villain onscreen, Thanos being my first 8D).

However, I honestly still prefer the Amazing Series over the original Sam Raimi series, all except for Spidey 2 though.

I am sad that Marvel and Sony couldn't agree on a deal. I'm sure there's a loophole though. *Looks at Miles Morales Spidey and the other various versions of him too, including Spider Girl*

To be fair, I'm actually happy that Marvel never regained the movie rights to both X-Men and Spider-Man. Now, hang on, put those pitchforks down and hear me out. The rights being retained to both Sony and Warner Bros meant that Marvel had to dig deep into their own universe and look for characters and teams that would otherwise be ignored(Guardians would've been ignored, and probably just now we'd have an Avengers movie, I bet). In a way it was a blessing of sorts. Now, I do hope in the future they do get rights back to them(Not before Apocalypse, seriously, I finally get to see my second favourite marvel villain onscreen, Thanos being my first 8D).

However, I honestly still prefer the Amazing Series over the original Sam Raimi series, all except for Spidey 2 though.

I am sad that Marvel and Sony couldn't agree on a deal. I'm sure there's a loophole though. *Looks at Miles Morales Spidey and the other various versions of him too, including Spider Girl*
All very valid points.

There is one point you neglect to touch upon!

th

Explain, ser! EXPLAIN!

Reactions: Darog
All very valid points.

There is one point you neglect to touch upon!

th

Explain, ser! EXPLAIN!
:/ Don't give this beast to explain!

We either get a watered down version of the Secret Wars from Marvel replacing a few of the heroes who's rights are elsewhere, or we wait till 2030 before we even get rumours of it happen :/

Or WB, Marvel, Fox(?, I'm not sure if they have the rights to Fantastic 4) and Sony to talk about a huge collab of awesome proportions.

HNNGH.

SECRET WARS.

Good points though, seriously.

I have a feeling that, at this "Spidey Summit" coming up for Sony, that the Major Investors are going to tell Sony to harden the fuck up and commit to a deal with Marvel. As it stands, they have YET to release a stinker, monetarily and critically, and in Hollywood, more than anything else, money talks.

So unfortunately, we may not see Spidey in Civil War, but we may still seem him in in Infinity War.

Status
Not open for further replies.