The Fox' 3D art

R

Red Fox

Original poster
If this is the wrong location, feel free to move it.

This post is two-fold, one is to hopefully receive praise and satisfy my ego, the other is to set up an art-trade shop!

I am a novice in 3D art, though I improved over the years the reason I improved was that I was doing requests at an old forum that sped up the process rather decently.
So, I thought I should try to do the same here, yes, this means that I will be taking requests by you!

First a little about me.
I'm a Norwegian who likes to think himself a Viking, even though I'm more of a viking-looking nerd that should not matter.

It all started eons ago back in 07 when I were inspired by our own @Shenorai , she had started poking about in her school, university or the fuck she was doing at the time and I thought I should try my hand at it.
Getting hold of a program that a class mate had at the time I started fiddling about, so here is my progress, something I'm rather fond of myself.

-First nightmare I created, took me 6 hours of trial and error, but I was proud and happy with it.
A horrible Katana on a stand marked my intro. Compared to how I did this one I have learned tons, but this was my very first attempt.
I then started doing some fan art, most I won't show you but I can show you some of what I did, naturally I was figuring out shadows, lighting and how to do things. Which meant I was doing things overly complicated and annoying.
-Auron's Masamune - Final Fantasy X
-Cloud's Buster sword - Final Fantasy VII
-Keyblade - Kingdom Hearts
-4-point Shuriken - Final Fantasy VII

At this point I was invested in a different RP forum, a location where I improved vastly so I set up this very shop back then as well, and some good things came out of it.
-Sword of Light
-Phoenix Halberd
-Axiom

I was even given a challenge from someone there, that in X time I was to make a sword as good as I could and he wanted the result as time came. I barely managed to complete it and it was promptly named
-The Sun Sword

I then moved on and kept doing requests and another on-line friend of mine became interested, we set up a challenge on who could make the best Morning Star.
I still think I won with my Rusty Morning Star.

Then suddenly, not really sure what happened, I figured out some thingies that changed my style and realism.
-Hakumei - Katana
-T-Virus canister.
-Iwate - Ring.
-Gemino Refero

At this point I had changed RP forum and set up shop again, the results were pleasing.
-Icarus' Locking Key
-Spiderbiters
-Tooth Dagger
-Chain & hook
-Belial's Key
-Cal's Nodachi

I then again learned new techniques and new stuff started to spawn. I learned engraving amongst other things.
-Mini sun
-Spiral Staff & amulet
-Baseret's Spear
-Same model as before, but managed to add a Hamon to the katana.
-Art-trade with @Shenorai , her character's Flyssa.
-Bloody Bane - another character of Shenorai's sword.
-The Devastator - My longest and hardest requets to date.

So yes, that is my bragging. I have more on my Deviant Art.
Direct link to my 3D folder can be found here

Now comes the fun part.
I am opening shop as an attempt to get back into 3D arting.
There is one slot, no reserving and first one I like the trade, or just the idea of, gets the slot.

So, rules! (new rules might be mentally added for no reason ^^ )
1-I reserve the right to deny anyone for no particular reason what so ever.
2-I have no schedule for how long this might take, might take a day, two, three or a week/month for all I know. All is dependent on my mood and priorities. Know that some of the projects take a long, long time. (the Devastator used me 9 hours of active work time...)
3-If you chose to try and get a slot, you need to be willing to provide me with a way to send drafts and discuss appearances. I prefer Skype of E-mail.
4-No anatomy, only objects. And if you want to claim "but gloves are objects". I will say that your smartassery is correct but no slot for you.
5-Don't go overboard on complexity, this stuff is not like riding a bike, I might need to slowly slide back to my prime.
6-Though not needed per se, I prefer that the picture is to be used somehow, as a RP character item, for a story, or whatever. I just don't like creating something that no one will see.
7-I reserve the right to post the end-result, after you have stated it's completion, mainly on my DA. Credit for the design will still go to you, if you have a DA profile I will link to it.
8-Anyone willing to do an art-trade before of returning nothing will be prioritized. Though you can get a slot even if you won't return art, logically you won't get priority. Fear not, if I have started something someone else won't get a slot until yours is done.

So yes, will you get a new shiny? Or will it fall on deaf ears?
Time will tell~

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Post reserved for further information, slotinfo and whatnot.