The Fox' 3D art

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Red Fox, Aug 12, 2014.

1. If this is the wrong location, feel free to move it.

This post is two-fold, one is to hopefully receive praise and satisfy my ego, the other is to set up an art-trade shop!

I am a novice in 3D art, though I improved over the years the reason I improved was that I was doing requests at an old forum that sped up the process rather decently.
    So, I thought I should try to do the same here, yes, this means that I will be taking requests by you!

First a little about me.
    I'm a Norwegian who likes to think himself a Viking, even though I'm more of a viking-looking nerd that should not matter.

It all started eons ago back in 07 when I were inspired by our own @Shenorai , she had started poking about in her school, university or the fuck she was doing at the time and I thought I should try my hand at it.
    Getting hold of a program that a class mate had at the time I started fiddling about, so here is my progress, something I'm rather fond of myself.

-First nightmare I created, took me 6 hours of trial and error, but I was proud and happy with it.
    A horrible Katana on a stand marked my intro. Compared to how I did this one I have learned tons, but this was my very first attempt.
    I then started doing some fan art, most I won't show you but I can show you some of what I did, naturally I was figuring out shadows, lighting and how to do things. Which meant I was doing things overly complicated and annoying.
    -Auron's Masamune - Final Fantasy X
    -Cloud's Buster sword - Final Fantasy VII
    -Keyblade - Kingdom Hearts
    -4-point Shuriken - Final Fantasy VII

At this point I was invested in a different RP forum, a location where I improved vastly so I set up this very shop back then as well, and some good things came out of it.
    -Sword of Light
    -Phoenix Halberd

I was even given a challenge from someone there, that in X time I was to make a sword as good as I could and he wanted the result as time came. I barely managed to complete it and it was promptly named
    -The Sun Sword

I then moved on and kept doing requests and another on-line friend of mine became interested, we set up a challenge on who could make the best Morning Star.
    I still think I won with my Rusty Morning Star.

Then suddenly, not really sure what happened, I figured out some thingies that changed my style and realism.
    -Hakumei - Katana
    -T-Virus canister.
    -Iwate - Ring.
    -Gemino Refero

At this point I had changed RP forum and set up shop again, the results were pleasing.
    -Icarus' Locking Key
    -Tooth Dagger
    -Chain & hook
    -Belial's Key
    -Cal's Nodachi

I then again learned new techniques and new stuff started to spawn. I learned engraving amongst other things.
    -Mini sun
    -Spiral Staff & amulet
    -Baseret's Spear
    -Same model as before, but managed to add a Hamon to the katana.
    -Art-trade with @Shenorai , her character's Flyssa.
    -Bloody Bane - another character of Shenorai's sword.
    -The Devastator - My longest and hardest requets to date.

So yes, that is my bragging. I have more on my Deviant Art.
    Direct link to my 3D folder can be found here

Now comes the fun part.
    I am opening shop as an attempt to get back into 3D arting.
    There is one slot, no reserving and first one I like the trade, or just the idea of, gets the slot.

So, rules! (new rules might be mentally added for no reason ^^ )
    1-I reserve the right to deny anyone for no particular reason what so ever.
    2-I have no schedule for how long this might take, might take a day, two, three or a week/month for all I know. All is dependent on my mood and priorities. Know that some of the projects take a long, long time. (the Devastator used me 9 hours of active work time...)
    3-If you chose to try and get a slot, you need to be willing to provide me with a way to send drafts and discuss appearances. I prefer Skype of E-mail.
    4-No anatomy, only objects. And if you want to claim "but gloves are objects". I will say that your smartassery is correct but no slot for you.
    5-Don't go overboard on complexity, this stuff is not like riding a bike, I might need to slowly slide back to my prime.
    6-Though not needed per se, I prefer that the picture is to be used somehow, as a RP character item, for a story, or whatever. I just don't like creating something that no one will see.
    7-I reserve the right to post the end-result, after you have stated it's completion, mainly on my DA. Credit for the design will still go to you, if you have a DA profile I will link to it.
    8-Anyone willing to do an art-trade before of returning nothing will be prioritized. Though you can get a slot even if you won't return art, logically you won't get priority. Fear not, if I have started something someone else won't get a slot until yours is done.

So yes, will you get a new shiny? Or will it fall on deaf ears?
    Time will tell~
    • Thank Thank x 1
  2. Post reserved for further information, slotinfo and whatnot.