ONE SHOT The Fae King's Birthday Party! Monday, October 23rd 2023 1PM to 4 PM EST

LuckycoolHawk9

You Are Far Too Nice, Mercy Has a Price
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
You have been invited to a strange and mysterious party.

It doesn't tell you anything about who it is from.... until you agree you will attend.

It's the birthday party of the Fae King Peter in his wonderful land where nothing ever grows up.

It's going to be a fun and great time... eat, drink.

DON"T.

YOU NEED TO ESCAPE.

And be Merry.

Can you survive the Fae King's Birthday party?

Who: Everyone is invited. You can make character sheets if you want.

What:

You are someone who was invited to the Fae King's Birthday Party in a very fun, yet somewhat familiar land.

When:October 23rd, 1PM EST to 4PM EST

Where: This RP will have a ChaRP room once it's ready.

HOW: This is a Action High Fantasy ChaRP with improvised GMing. That means you should interact with each other. There are definitely going to be moments where you can work together ( or against each other depending on who you plan to play). There will 100% be In game consequences.... so choose wisely, because I promise you one thing. If you eat at this party, one might say.. you're NEVER leaving the land.

If you need any ChaRP tips, this ChaRP will follow all the tips Diana gives. Otherwise have fun.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lyrikai
1698078701779.png
KIng Peter, King of the Fairies... Nothing off about him....

__________________________________--

TL;DR:
Mandu is a stupid loud bird who is only here for the food

LOGS!
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    This is the GM Update Color.
    Today at 1:00 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The Fae King, Peter, waited patiently at the table, looking to see if anyone would open his invitation to come to his party. He had left food and a ton of goodies for anyone who showed up.
    Today at 1:01 PM​
  • slifer:
    Remiel, Remy for short, entered the room, looking nervously around. He had gotten the invitation for his pack, and on a whim the shifter had come to the party to meet others that weren't a part of his pack.
    Today at 1:36 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Oh good, I was starting to worry that nobody was going to show up to my party and that would have been tragic," the Fae King replied, adjusting his crown and looking over at the new man with a smile. "So, what did you bring me as as a gift?"
    Today at 1:38 PM​
  • Monbon:
    The moment Mandu said "FOOD?! I'M IN!!!" His fate was sealed. Without warning, he was transported to a seat at the table. Had he simply sat there, he may have gone unnoticed but the moment he heard gift his beak opened up letting out only the most heinous of screeching that could barely be made out to be human speech. With a hop, he bounced right onto the table itself. "GIFTS?! WHERE ARE THE GIFTS?!" Pecking at the table, he demanded to see what shinies would be uncovered for him to beg for later.
    Today at 1:52 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Oh sorry, let me be clear. You have to have brought me a gift. I'm the one whose party this is," he replied.
    Today at 1:54 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    There were at lot of shinies on the table. There was a silver kettle, golden forks and even nickels tied together with bows.
    Today at 1:55 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A fae, long and slender and spindle-limbed entered and approached Peter to one side, then bowed formally with a hand upon her chest. Behind her hovered an unwrapped and old Victorian-style mirror with a worn golden frame rested. The surface was dusty, but it was quite a large mirror, one that looked like it belonged high on a wall rather than floating behind so brilliant a fae noble from another world. "Though you are not my king, I greet you on your day of birth with my congratulations."
    Today at 1:58 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    If eyes were indeed the window to the soul, the absolute look of horror that crossed the Fae King's eyes as he was presented with a large and life size mirror that showed his reflection would be evident for the briefest of moments before he would turn to rage and then raise an air of calm before he addressed her. "Wow, this is a lovely present that would make most happy, I have a deep seeded hatred of mirrors, so thank you for the congratulations, but the gift will just have to-" Peter would shove the mirror across the room towards the stairs and watch as it would land with a loud bang on what sounded like a loud bang. "Join the collection of mirrors I keep downstairs. I'm sure that you can find something else at a later date."
    • Haha
    Reactions:View
    Today at 2:04 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Had Mandu read the invitation? Only up to the mention of food. Upon hearing the party was for someone else, he puffed out his chest, outraged at the very notion. "MY VERY EXISTENCE IS A GIFT TO THE WORLD! WHAT KIND OF GIFT DO YOU EXPECT A CUTE LITTLE MAGPIE LIKE ME TO BRING?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SENT INVITES TO COMPLETE STRANGERS BEGGING FOR COMPANY AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO EXPECT THEM TO BRING YOU SOMETHING?! JUST HOW THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT THIS TO TURN OUT?!" Mid-rant, his greedy little talons were already reaching for the golden fork, the shine too mesmerizing to resist.
    Today at 2:05 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would look over at the magpie for the briefest of moments and tossing his head back with a smile. "I expected the strangers to read the whole invitation. I had my personal aide make sure that everyone would capture all the major details, but you see, if your entire existence is a gift to the world, then I imagine keeping you here as one of my pets will have to suffice."
    Today at 2:08 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Smoke rose from pores in the nape of her neck and her upper back, swirling around her head and rising into the air with the scent or peaches and berries. For fae, the effects of the smoke were calming and reduced the discomfort of being around iron, but for mortals, it gave them a high that made them feel powerful—feel fae. The withdrawals for mortals were severe as her body naturally produced this drug called 'Ever'.

She rose and tilted her head at him, but summoned it back, since she had not yet gifted it to him. However, she kept it turned away from him out of consideration for his hatred.

"Your majesty, I do not appreciate my intended gift being rejected before it can be offered. I had intended to gift the mirror, and let you borrow from me the secret within that would emerge on its shattering. I instead offer you this." She opened her hand, and within it was a lovely piece of obsidian, grown into the shape of a buttercup flower.
    Today at 2:13 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would quirk an eyebrow. "You see, you should have led with the information that the mirror was meant to be broken before you gifted it. I have never been one for rocks or flowers, so could we go back to the mirror for a second?" He asked.
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • Monbon:
    "I AM NOT A PET! I AM A KING! ALL BIRDS BOW BEFORE MY MIGHT!!!" Mandu cursed at the thought, only calming at the sight smoke rising from the other Fey. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE? DON'T GET IT ON THE FOOD!" Flapping his wings, the magpie fanned any smoke that got too close to the meal. Meal.. that's what he was there for! Remembering his purpose, he forgot everything else and targeted a nearby basket of bread. A few hops and he was already pecking away at his meal without a care, absolutely famished after all that screeching.
    Today at 2:21 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The fae frowned, her disappointment and impatience clear on her inhuman features, and the air warmed around her in response to her emotions. Still, she didn't lash out. Instead, she huffed through her nose as she looked at the obsidian flower, amused at its absolute correctness before she looked back to Peter. "I do not want to-" she cut off as a bird of all things flew at her and tried to fan at her smoke. She placed the flower on the table among the gifts. "I intend to leave now. It seems what I bring and myself are unwanted."
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance over and was quiet for a moment. "I do apologize for the very rude guest that came to this party and my previous behavior on your gifts. in truth, I haven't had much interaction with anyone in a long time. It's not easy to be a king when it's been so cold and isolating in the last few years."
    Today at 2:26 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mandu would find themselves now attached to the table and the basket of bread, unable to move anywhere but to the basket.
    Today at 2:27 PM​
  • Monbon:
    The move was pointless. Now that Mandu got what he wanted, he wasn't about to go anywhere. Bread right in front of him and trinkets aplenty around him, he was quite satisfied with quietly gobbling down his meal while the others discussed business.
    Today at 2:30 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would wait to see how the fairy would respond. "Well, it seems that someone has found the bread to be quite good."
    Today at 2:39 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Her expression eased, and she gave a simple nod, expression sympathetic. Like all true fae, she could not lie, nor could she hide her emotions. "I shall forgive you this time," she decided aloud before she glanced to Mandu. Seeing him occupied with the bread and no longer trying to attack her smoke, she nodded in satisfaction.

"It certainly seems so," she mused with a smile. "What a little glutton. I suppose I can forgive him this time as well."
    Today at 2:40 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would nod. "Also, I will accept this rock-flower thing as your gift and consider the possibility of that mirror for a future birthday. I'm sure that I will be inviting you to more of them."
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • slifer:
    Having gone to the bathroom for the whole time, Remy approached the king with his gift, a pretty bracelet that used to be his mother's. She would not need it anymore, having passed, and it carrier more terrible memories than not.
    • Hit Me in My FEELS
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Mandu, the little glutton, would not feel as young as he once did when he had started to eat the bread. Though, it was noticeable that the Fae King was looking just a little bit younger.
    Today at 2:45 PM​
  • slifer:
    He was to be an ambassador for his people and the Fae, to try and find allies among the other supernatural.
    Today at 2:46 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "That is very gracious of you," she praised. "I will look forward to your invitations. You may call me Bright." It wasn't her true and full name, so he could not use it to control her, but like this he would be able to address her. It was intended as an offering of goodwill.

A new person arrived, and Bright looked toward him, head tilted with curiosity. He didn't say a word, but simply gave his gift. It seemed odd manners, to her.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance over at the shifter, knowing that he had been coming. "Well- this bracelet is certainly a interesting gift to be given. Does it have a story behind it?" He asked. Peter was now more clean-shaven than he had been when the party had started.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • slifer:
    "It is a family heirloom from the Pack leader and his mate. His...previous mate. It holds the ability to protect the wearer from certain doom, but only one time." Remy said, bowing to the king, who probably also had gone to the bathroom as well.
    Today at 2:49 PM​
  • slifer:
    "The Pack wishes to have more formal talks with you, milord." Remiel stated, hiding his uneasiness at the possibility of having to stay for a while.
    Today at 2:52 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Quite the interesting enchantment," Bright murmured. She wanted the bracelet herself, but not enough to attempt to take it or to ask for it. It was beautiful and shiny, but the magic within was also incredibly enticing. "Were this not his majesty's birthday party, I would have tried to trade for it."
    Today at 2:54 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would quirk an eyebrow and look over at him. "Well, that is certainly an interesting gift and I am assuming that it is per user, otherwise this would just be a bracelet and nothing else. I will definitely keep that in mind to add back."

He would turn to address Bright. "Yes, it is, Ms. Bright. I look forward to you attending and accepting my gracious nature. I'm Fae King Peter." He wasn't about to give anyone his full given name, not when names have power. "I would be more than willing to offer a trade to you, perhaps the mirror for the bracel
    et?
    Today at 2:55 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Mandu noticed his beak wasn't as sharp and his joints felt sore but thought nothing of it. He'd been around for centuries. The fact he was starting to feel his age should only be expected. Had he remembered back far enough, he'd take this as a sign that he was close to reascending to the heavens but as he was, he did not make the connection. Distracted by the sudden change, he forgot to open up mid-peck and got his beak stuck in the bread itself. In a panic he did not think to tug it off with his talons. instead he thrashed wildly in place, further confused and frightened by the fact he couldn't move to the other guests to ask for assistance.
    Today at 2:56 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Yes milord. It gives one boon per person. " Remy confirmed. Though, he was distracted by the bird lord who seemed to be stuck. Acting on instinct, he approached the bird, attempting to get the bread off of the bird, his kinder nature overwriting the need to stay composed and focused on the king.
    • Love
    Today at 2:59 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance at the others. "Well, as long as that was clear," he replied, seeing that the other man had gone to help the bird get the bread out of his mouth. "Well goodness, I wonder what happened to him that he got himself stuck."
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Surprised, Bright looked to Peter. "That is very kind, Peter. Let us make the exchange." She smiled. "I will enchant it so that you do not see your own reflection within, if you like. Should I include it, the enchantment will continue to work even after it is broken."

A disturbance at the table caught her attention, and she looked over. "Oh. Poor thing." Still, she made no move to assist. If the bird was fool enough to be entrapped, it was not her business. Still, she pitied him.
    Today at 3:01 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would nod. " I am very well known in my land for my kindness," he replied, handing her the bracelet, as it was more helpful to her than him. "That would be very well, it is good to know that it will continue to work once it is broken. You mentioned it did something else upon shattering?"
    Today at 3:02 PM​
  • slifer:
    THe bracelet would be given to the King, along with a note, written to the King that Remy would be his to keep...if they wanted an alliance in the first place, with the bracelet being an opening gift, an additional part of the dowry.
    Today at 3:02 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked closer to eighteen while Mandu had definitely got a bit older once again. It seemed that the food might be cursed. If Peter was aware it was cursed, it was entirely uncertain.
    Today at 3:03 PM​
  • slifer:
    Remy would sniff the food, finding that it smelled...weird. Since he didn't eat stuff his nose didn't like, he would refuse to eat. "Your food is cursed or something, milord. You are growing younger, and the bird is growing older."
    Today at 3:06 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The bracelet vanished into her hand as she accepted it, and as the mirror turned to face Peter, he found it no longer showed his appearance at all in its dusty surface, but it showed everything else... and a strange, dim silhouette that moved independently of him. Two slender shadows of hands pressed against the mirror, easier to see now that he no longer saw himself.

"Yes. On shattering, it will release my most prized artwork that you may borrow for a time," she explained.
    Today at 3:07 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Mandu calmed when a hand grabbed onto him and freed him. "MY LORD! MY SAVIOR! TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR WISH I WILL HELP YOU FULFILL IT! BREAD?! IT MUST BE BREAD! EVERYONE LOVES BREAD!" Out of mercy for a being of lesser existence, the bird grabbed the very bread that had snared him and placed it in front of Remy as an offering of gratitude. Though his joints hurt from the trashing, what was strange and defied logic were his feathers, the darker blue and black ones seemed to gain speckles of white that weren't there before. "ACTUALLY I'M NOT WHAT I USED TO BE, WHEW I'M TIRED~ ACCEPT THIS BREAD AS MY THANKS! TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOURSELF AND I SHALL SING TO
    YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE!"

Today at 3:08 PM​
  • slifer:
    "I will save the bread, to share with my people. I would wish to share it with everyone, and not keep it selfishly for myself." Remy would reply, taking the bread, placing it in a handkerchief, and putting it away in his pocket.
    • Love
    Today at 3:11 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance over at Remy. "How very strange indeed. I wonder how that could happened," he replied, not addressing that fact any further than what he had previously said. He glanced over and did see something. " Ahh, so that's where that had run off to," he said. "Well, that is a very generous gift."
    Today at 3:13 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The shadow was too slender, too narrow-shouldered to be his own, and the curly hair didn't match either, but the shadow seemed to be looking at Peter, fingertips trembling against the mirror. From within, a faint and distant voice called out, "Help...!"
    • I'm SHOOK
    Today at 3:19 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter wouldn't even think of helping the strange shadow and just glanced over at her. "I must ask, what is your most prized artwork?" He asked, wondering if perhaps this was going to backfire if he shattered the mirror.
    Today at 3:22 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "A poppet I created from the offspring of the man who murdered my most beloved," she answered. "It's very pretty and eager to please. As my thanks for freeing it, I will allow you to borrow it until I want it back."
    Today at 3:24 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Well, that is very kind of you. Remind me to never get on your bad side," he replied as well.
    Today at 3:27 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Seeing as how his savior didn't want anything, Mandu didn't push to give anything. His short attention span struck again at the cries for help. "POPPET?! ARE YOU GIVING HIM CHILDREN?! HE'S HOW OLD-?!" Before he could rant about how Peter was too young to have children, he found himself feeling winded and unable to rant further. With a thump, he sat his ass down on the table and panted, clearly having overexerted
    himself.
    Today at 3:29 PM​
  • slifer:
    That sounded horrifying to Remy, but maybe he could bargain for the poppet. "As it is not the man who committed the crime, but merely his offspring, maybe it could be freed eventually? Find what makes the man happy and destroy him that way. You cannot be sure if the man himself even liked his child, but you can be sure that he will suffer if he cannot find enjoyment in the world no longer." Remy suggested to the.....shadow.
    Today at 3:31 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would lean down and give the old bird a small sliver of time back, about six months for him and probably a whole life stage for the bird. "Eighteen to answer your question, though I often wish I was younger."
    Today at 3:34 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    If anyone had actually read the paper he had sent earlier, it had said he was turning 25.
    Today at 3:35 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Milord, are you attempting to become an infant? IF your age keeps decreasing at this rate, someone will have to change your diapers." Remy would ask the king, having caught the discrepency.
    Today at 3:36 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright looked towards the winded old bird. Mandu's sharp bursts of loud talk followed by panting annoyed her. It was rude to undo the traps of others, though...

After a moment, she walked to the bird and pointed to its beak. A warm breath entered his chambered lungs and energized him, but she did not undo the aging—only gave him stamina because his panting annoyed her more than his ranting. "I have improved your stamina, but I cannot restore your youth."

Remy's question earned a tilt of her head. "It is not your place to judge, shifter."
    • Spicy
    Today at 3:37 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Sir Bright...I am not judging you, I merely wanted to give a suggestion. IT would seem more fun to keep the perpetrator alive and gain enjoyment from his torture. This seems roundabout, and the killer might not care in the first place, making the punishment moot. Can I have the child? I will trade you for this earring. It grants the user three uses of invisibility for an hour." Remy attempted to bargain as he took a pretty studded earring from his ear, offering it to the man.
    Today at 3:40 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would shake his head. "Nothing as distract as that. Between the ages of 12 to 13 is just the age I prefer to be."
    Today at 3:41 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Feeling more energized, Mandu did not even think of restraining himself any further. "HAVE YOU EVEN EVER RAISED A HATCHLIN- CHILD?! THEY'RE ANNOYING. THEY EAT ALL YOUR THINGS AND RUIN EVERYTHING THEY LAY THEIR HANDS ON! I'VE HAD ONE PULL MY FEATHERS!!! THEY'RE RUDE AND THOUGHTLESS! I WOULD KNOW, I'M AN ENGLISH TEACHER!" Pointing towards Remy, he made the same argument. "ARE YOU PREPARED FOR SLEEPLESS NIGHTS? HOWS YOUR GAG REFLEX? REGURGITATING THINGS FOR THEM TO EAT IS NO JOKE!"
    Today at 3:43 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright sighed. The stars in her eyes grew brighter as the temperature around her rose. She frowned deeper at Remy. "You may not. I am fond of it." She looked to the mirror. "The poor thing is trapped and I cannot free it."

She paused as the bird ranted, then laughed, truly amused. "Fret not, little bird. It is grown."
    Today at 3:44 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter caught that part of the sentence. "Is that why you mentioned the mirror needed to be shattered?" He asked.
    Today at 3:46 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright looked to Peter and nodded. "Yes. That is why I have enchanted the mirror so you can bear to look at it long enough to smash it and so the pieces will not offend you, and why I am, in gratitude, allowing you to borrow my property within that is so dear to me."
    Today at 3:47 PM​
  • slifer:
    "May I have the child if I free it from the mirror?" Remy asked, sighing as he put the earring with magic back on. It was the last thing he could try before anything else. Though he had magic, though it cost him dearly, having to hide how bound he was to a God to get magic power.
    Today at 3:50 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would smile and nod. "I can certainly do that," he replied, floating on the air and lifting the mirror up. "I would look out below though. "
    Today at 3:51 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "The mirror belongs to Peter," she reminded. "You may bargain with him if you wish to take his borrowing privilege."
    Today at 3:52 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I would take the next two minutes or so, because after that, I'm definitely going to shatter it."
    Today at 3:53 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Ah, I see." Remy said, stepping away from the child king, who seemed to rapidly grow younger by the minute. The shadow would notice a hotbed of magic coming from Remy, similar to the bracelets magic.
    Today at 3:55 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Full grown but a child? Mandu only grew more confused the more they continued to spout nonsense. Why were they arguing over a grown child? Was there something special about it? The whole thing was starting to give him a headache. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!" With a flap of his wings, he hopped back to his savior, feeling that if anyone were to speak reason, it would be him.
    Today at 3:56 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    While Peter was definitely younger, it was at a much slower rate than before. He was probably closer to a teen king than a child king, looking roughly around fifteen or so.
    Today at 3:57 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright noticed the building magic and tilted her head, curious as she stepped back, content to watch as she had no allegiances to anyone present. As long as she got her property back eventually, she would consider this party a success.
    Today at 4:00 PM​
  • slifer:
    "In the eyes of immortals, a grown adult in our eyes can still be seen as a child, as they consider those of am even older age to be adults." Remy told Mandy, calmly, magic snaking over his skin, similar to the items he carried.
    Today at 4:03 PM​
  • Monbon:
    "THEN WHY IS EVERYONE FIGHTING OVER IT? DOES IT SHIT GOLD OR SOMETHING?" At that thought, Mandu turned his greedy gaze towards the mirror, his understanding of the situation only getting worse.
    Today at 4:08 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Misguided compassion," Bright answered Mandu as she gently stroked his head.
    Today at 4:10 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter while everyone was arguing had dropped the mirror, its piece shattering on the floor.
    Today at 4:14 PM​
  • slifer:
    A piece went into Remy, cutting his leg, making the wolf growl in pain. A figure would come from the blood, twisting its shape to form a being, that looked angrily at Peter. "Boy-king, you cannot even take care of yourself, yet you try to take what's mine?!" The figure roared at Peter, energy and magic crackling around it.
    Today at 4:18 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Bright's logic was sound. At her brief explanation the scene before him made more sense. Anyhow, after hearing it did not shit gold, Mandu no longer held any interest in the poppet and turned his attention back to the food, taking a sip of wine to enjoy the show.
    Today at 4:21 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A high and sweet-sounding cry of pain echoed off the walls as the mirror shattered. A human-looking youth of indeterminate age and gender laid there, expression pained as he gritted his teeth, one eye clenched and the other held open by a flower that grew from it.

The now-freed poppet had dark and freckled skin and curly white hair. Its visible eye was golden brown and slitted like a cat's, and more flowers grew from its face and scalp. It wore a childish pink suit with very roomy shorts that were comfy and easy to wear, along with suspender socks and dapper-looking men's heeled shoes.

A soft groan escaped, and the human-resembling poppet slowly pushed itself up and looked around as it panted, drool spilling from red-painted and smudged lips. Only one eye seemed functional—the one without the flower that grew from it.
    Today at 4:23 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yeah no, I gave them a warning before that it was going to the ground in two minutes. They had ample time to move, it's not my fault that they got a piece of it into them," he replied. "I am not taking anything that yours and you came into my home and threaten me. That won't fly," he replied, as the shadow would find itself getting younger and less powerful. Even if it was a god, the land Peter ruled had an ancient power of its own.
    Today at 4:23 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would feel some time sliding back as Mandu drank the wine and would find himself getting younger this time.
    Today at 4:24 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance down at the poppet. " So, you are the artwork that Lady Bright talked about, how interesting."
    Today at 4:25 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The poppet then saw Bright, and its face twisted into an ecstatic grin as it stumbled to its feet and rushed to her, clinging to her. "Master!"

Bright smiled and knelt to hug him, then cradled his face in her long, slender hand. "I missed you, too." She kissed the poppet's forehead, then rose and turned it to face Peter. "Peter, this is Aster. Isn't it beautiful?"
    Today at 4:26 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Then, the wolf will not be yours." The figure said ominously, wrapping Remy with magic, forcibly trying to pull the wolf from the room, though Remy resisted.
    Today at 4:26 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance over at Aster and looked them up and down. "I do think they might be considered beautiful by some, I have never been a good sort of judge of that thing," he replied.
    Today at 4:30 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Remy would find that a second thing was also wrapping itself around him, attempting to push off the first thing. It was a shadow of some sort.
    Today at 4:30 PM​
  • slifer:
    Remy would break free from the God's hold, watching the figure disappear as this wasn't its seat of power. "Milord, what is your plan? And why do you want to be younger? You were 25 before we came, now you are a teenager."
    Today at 4:35 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Mandu once again found his joints aching. This time, he finally realized what caused it. "WHO WOULD DARE TAINT THIS GREAT ONE'S FOOD!" With the back of his wing, he spilled the wine and backed off from the table, only taking a nickel with him. After having gone through so much trouble at the party, he felt it was only right he got to take a souvenir. Shoving his head into one of the loops, he wore the coin like a medal, flapping his wings in both victory and warning. "THE FOOD IS POISONED! DON'T EAT DON'T EAT!"
    Today at 4:35 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance at Lady Bright. "I will borrow the poppet at a later time when I need it, so if that is all, you can go. To answer your question, I am supposed to be the boy who never grows up, the young teen fae king, but something happened to the land where something came and resumed my aging a few years back. I'm attempting to address myself back to the age I was before this thing arrived. DON"T DRINK THAT," he replied, not noticing that something had placed the wine out.
    Today at 4:40 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would look closer to twenty yet again.
    Today at 4:41 PM​
  • slifer:
    "So what now? You look younger. Enough to be both man and boy." Remy prompted, not sure even what to do with the whole situation
    Today at 4:45 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would land with a very loud thud. "Why would you say that? You ruined my happy thought process of flight which I can't seem to be able to do when I get older."
    Today at 4:46 PM​
  • Monbon:
    It was only after those words that Mandu put two and two together. Though there was pain in his recovery, it was probably his joints just going back to what they were. Was it the king who poisoned it all? Pointing an accusatory feather towards Peter he roared, "IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG! I KNEW YOU DIDN'T CHANGE YOUR OUTFIT, YOU AGED IN REVERSE!" Feeling like the genius of the century, Mandu caw'd arrogantly, cocking his head back as if laughing. "NO ONE CAN FOOL THIS BIRD!" Acting as if he didn't just spill the wine like an idiot, he gloated at the other's misery.
    Today at 4:47 PM​
  • slifer:
    "Then you aren't trying hard enough. These days, children are older and older. You are not believing hard enough. Your your body's age change your mind." Remy told the king with less patience than before, feeling like he had been played with all of this time.
    Today at 4:49 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would glance over at him. "Are you saying to believe what makes me unique is happening despite my age?"
    Today at 5:09 PM​
  • Monbon:
    "OOOR YOU CAN LAP UP HIS WINE, LEAVE HIM OLD AND BROKEN,
    THEN LET THIS MATTER GO!"
    Mandu pointed out, gesturing with his wing to the spilled wine on the table.
    Today at 5:18 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "One moment," he replied, walking over to the bread and shoving it into the bird's mouth. "You may continue with your statement."
    • Haha
    Today at 5:19 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Feeling wronged and unable to unwedge the bread from his beak, Mandu hopped back over to his savior, Remy, hoping for some more mercy. His black beady soulless little eyes teared up trying to evoke some pity from the warlock.
    Today at 5:32 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright bowed her head in respect to Peter after he granted her leave with her property. "Your generosity warms my heart. I shall endeavor to find you a suitable gift for your next birthday."

Before she could go, though, the adorable bird started going on, finally realizing what it had done. She laughed, a sound like clinking glass as the bird endeared herself to her all the more for its foolishness, even as Peter silenced Mandu with some bread.

"I fear I must interrupt your discussion regarding age. Your Majesty, do you claim this bird?"
    Today at 5:32 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Honestly, if you want to give me something in exchnage for this hell bird, I'm fine with that. His existance is not a gift to me.
    • Hit Me in My FEELS
    Today at 5:33 PM​
  • slifer:
    "What would it cost you to try it?" Remy asked, annoyed at how little the man knew about magic, for being a king
    Today at 5:33 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I guess it would cost me nothing to try it," he replied, focusing his eye and floating into the air. "Oh yes, I do accept you as a token for your tribe thing by the way."
    Today at 5:36 PM​
  • slifer:
    "What does that mean specifically" Remy would ask, not trusting this boy king who was acting crazily
    Today at 5:38 PM​
  • Monbon:
    Finding no mercy from Remy, Mandu tried his luck with the other fae. A few hops and he was right in front of her once more begging to be freed from the bread. He couldn't go home like this! He'd be a laughingstock among birdkind! Death by bread was simply an unacceptable way to go!
    Today at 5:39 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would float back down to his level and hand him the note that had come with the bracelet he had traded away to Remy.
    Today at 5:39 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Bright smiled, then opened her hand, and from it came a small jar of obsidian made with swirls of glass that resembled flowers. "I offer this potion, which you can pour onto a doll to animate it. There are three drops, and each drop will animate one doll for a time until it requires a living being's life to power it. It will not target the one who gave it life." She held it out, waiting to see if Peter would take it. He had implied earlier that isolation troubled him, so she thought it might be suitable.
    Today at 5:40 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "One moment, little bird," she urged as she guided the flapping Mandu onto her slender, warm shoulder, but did not remove the bread yet.
    Today at 5:40 PM​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would turn to Bright and offer a smile. "Well, that will certainly would prove to be useful since everyone here is either dead or doesn't live for very long compared to me."
    Today at 5:41 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    She nodded. "When they start to grow sluggish is when you must bring a living being. The more complex the being, the longer it will keep your poppets nourished." She handed him the little bottle, and finally removed the bread from Mandu.

To the bird, she said, "Come home with me, little bird. What is your name?" Her voice enticed, and images of feasts and care danced through Mandu's mind.
    58 minutes ago​
  • slifer:
    Remy would reach out to take the bread, but found that Bright had taken it off first. Though, now he was waiting to see what the king wanted, and what a child in a man's body would even want in the first place.
    57 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would take a moment to consider for a moment. "You have proven to be useful and I don't need to keep you. I do want the earring though, so the earring for your freedom to leave with the promise that you will visit ocassionally with grand stories to tell me."
    • Love
    55 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Aster simply observed as he leaned back against Bright
    , his good eye bright and curious. Almost as much as he longed to serve and entertain Bright, the man in the crown also drew at him. For now, he didn't speak, mostly because he had to keep swallowing his drool.
    54 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would notice the boy and tilt his head. "Are you okay?" He asked, noticing him looking back.
    53 minutes ago​
  • slifer:
    "Alright." Remy said, taking out the stud and passing it to the king. "Though that boy seems enamored with you, milord." Remy told Peter, not entirely sure what to do, or where to go after being free.
    52 minutes ago​
  • Monbon:
    "MANDU SOHN!" Mandu answered once he was freed, eager to follow Bright wherever she wanted to lead him. "IT MEANS 'I WILL LIVE LONG'" Though he was outraged that the king would call him a hellish bird and say his existence was not a gift, he wasn't about to duke it out with him when there was someone with actual taste wanting him to go with her. "AND I AM NOT A HELL BIRD! I AM A MAGPIE! A BRINGER OF FORTUNE!"
    51 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter took the earring in his hand and raised a confused eyebrow. "Enamored, what does that mean?" He asked, clearly having never heard the word before. "Not all fortunes are always good," he replied back to the bird.
    • Hit Me in My FEELS
    50 minutes ago​
  • slifer:
    "He has romantic feelings for you, although they are new and may or may not last." Remy explained to Peter, like an older brother advising a younger brother.
    48 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Aster blushed lightly beneath his freckles, then curtsied deeply. "Am-am-ammmm FINE!" he said, sounding like a broken record. "A fee-ee-eeeeeee...l... very HAP-ap-ap--ap-ap-appy to be frrrrrree from the mirrrrrror-or-orrr." He looked up at Peter with a bright and happy grin.

Bright smiled. "Aster, you may offer him a gift of gratitude. It is also his birthday." As she spoke, she gently stroked Mandu's head.

Aster brightened still more, and with jerking, unsteady movements like a badly-controlled marionette, he approached Peter, then knelt like a knight and kissed Peter's hand. "My-y-yyyy... humble self cannnnnN only off-off-offfER this sssssmALL token."
    45 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Now, Mandu Sohn, you belong to me," Bright said to the bird once Aster went to thank Peter. Through the use of his full and true name, she now controlled him, but she made no effort to alter him, for he already charmed her. "I do not think you are a hell bird. I think you are very charming, little bird."
    • Love
    44 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter tilted his head "I do not think I have ever had someone ever have any of those for me. I'm not sure how to react, but you are welcome to be free from the mirror."
    40 minutes ago​
  • slifer:
    "If you would both like, I can tutor the both of you on various topics until an appropriate teacher can be found." Remy offered to Aster, Bright, and Peter
    38 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would nod. "That sounds nice, since I haven't really learned much. I have never been able to know more than what I already know."
    37 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "May-ay-ay I... kiss-issssss you as a to-o-OKen of me gra-a-atit-ituuuuude?" Aster asked, his expression one of warped and demented joy as his cold
    hand continued to hold Peter's—cold like a corpse.
    35 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " You may kiss me, actually, wait, here, let me give you a kiss first," he replied, presenting Aster with a thimble
    34 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Aster blinked at the thimble, then took it as he looked up at Peter. For a moment, he looked confused, and then a broken giggle escaped his smudge-painted lips. He reached up both hands and gently grasped Peter's face by the cheeks, then rose up onto his toes as he leaned to reach. His lips met Peter's, and Aster's tongue slipped in, followed by so much drool that his body kept producing. His tongue massaged places Peter probably had never felt before, rough in the center and soft on the outsides before he released Peter and lowered himself, looking satisfied even as drool slid down his chin.

"Am-am-ammmm... glad you let-et-etttt... me show me gra-a-aaaaa...TITude."
    28 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter was at a loss of words, though thirteen managed to somehow slid out. "That lying girl, she never did show me what a real kiss was," he replied, clearly confused about something else.... but he didn't want to ask Remy or anyone else. Maybe it was not noticeable at all. (It was.)
    25 minutes ago​
  • slifer:
    This was all incredibly concerning, as Aster might not even be mentally aware enough to even start a relationship. He might have to try to teach both of them how to be safe and to get them both to a point of safe relationships. "The three of us will have to have lessons, so the two of you can learn in a safe environment." Remy told Aster and Remy, taking out a handkerchief, wiping Aster's drool off the boy's own face before handing it back to Aster.
    22 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Gir-ir-irrrls...'re... oft' embar-ar-arrassed by-y-y... such thhhhhINGs," he said with a warm smile before he blinked at Remy and let him wipe his face. "Am-am-am no a per-er-errrrSOn, issss... no my duty to be sa-a-aaafe. Is me ow-ow-owner's duty to pro-ro-rotec-c-ct mE if she-e-e wannnnts to KEEp me."
    19 minutes ago​
  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    It looks like Fae King Peter ( now aged eighteen and three quarters, mentally still thirteen) had a great birthday party. He managed to get a pretty earring, a fun mirror that didn't show his reflection, a bird that regifted in exchange for a potion that made dolls and his first ever kiss ( and a first ever something else too) as well as some new friends and a tutor. All in all, we could say the birthday party was a rousing success.