CLOSED PARALOGUE The Evrensel Conflict: Paralogue 1 -- The Cyber-Hangover

As she readied herself for sleep, attempting to awaken from what felt like an unending nightmare, the pounding headache returned with a vengeance. Each shout and groan seemed to amplify the relentless throbbing in her head, reaching an unbearable crescendo. Unable to endure it any longer, the Twi'lek's patience waned. Tapping into the well of power within her, she magnified her voice a hundredfold before releasing a forceful shout, "SHUT UP!" The sheer intensity of her voice transformed into a shockwave, a consequence of employing Force Scream to overcome the cacophony the others had been creating. Those with weak wills might now be rejoicing as they gained a rare drop of the brown pants variety.

Emerging from the wreckage of the vehicle that had confined her moments ago, the persistent headache served as evidence that this was no mere nightmare or lucid dream. If it were, she would have awakened by now. Concluding that she was no longer on Nar Shaddaa, she noted the unfamiliar species gathered around her and the unique vehicle she had found herself in. Despite her extensive experience, she failed to recognize either.

Turning her attention to the one familiar sight, a Mandalorian, she initially inquired, "What house are you from?" Realizing the insignificance of such information, she swiftly modified her question before Abby could respond, "Nevermind that. Where are we? Would be the far better question to ask here. My connection with Contrador Veritas has been cut off, and the transponder of my transport is down too." Unaware that she had not only left the same planet but had traversed into an entirely different universe, her concern centered on the immediate disconnection from familiar networks and locations.

Reactions: Apothecary Bruce
Big Anri
Falls and Screams and Food

The bad news is that the floor broke, and everyone fell down. Clearly all the action and insanity happening within the last… half hour? Hour? Ten minutes? It was difficult to keep track of the time after waking up to a hangover (or the equivalent of one, at least). Recent events would logically cause structural damage to the building. The collapse of the floor they stood upon was an inevitability. The good news is that Anri managed to save the meat from the dust as she landed on the floor below! Meaty linings.

It took Anri a moment to orient herself, as she didn't want to get too much floating dust on the food. It would taste weird if that happened. She also took in the new surroundings. Though the place could certainly could use more light, nothing about the place allowed Anri to understand or commit enough of her attention span to care about it. When she found some of the others, she started to make her way towards them when something stopped her.

"SHUT UP!", shouted a new voice, followed by some strange mental effect. Something inside Anri's subconnscious awoke with a growl in response to the invasion of mental faculties, but as the effect was momentary and non-lethal, it chose to simply be wary for now.

After shaking off whatever that feeling was, Anri continued to walk towards the others.

"Guys! I got some meat we can cook and eat!"

~~GM~~

Collab between myself @Amber Franklin & @Apothecary Bruce

Confused by Jeremy's offer for his coat, Alec finally realized the issue of her wearing nothing but a soaking wet, white T-Shirt that was clinging to her body and revealing quite almost everything underneath. "OH MY GOD!" She shouted, then grabbed Jeremy's jacket to wrap herself in.

"You didn't see a fuckin' thing!" She then shouted to Jeremy, struggling to button the jacket up with her shaky hands. And she was just starting to calm down again...

"Alright, okay, okayokayokay, uhhhh, right, okay," she was just muttering nonsense while doing mental gymnastics and pacing back and forth, "right, yeah, there's no way this is actually legitimate. We were drugged, we blacked out, we don't have any rings on, this is all just a shame wedding and there's no way we're actually husband and wife, it's all just one giant joke maybe! We-We must've been pretending, or or we were forced into it, I mean, it was probably just one of those drive thru wedding places people do as a gag, so there's no way this is enforceable! That's it, that's it, it was a scam and we fell for it, we are not actually married!" During all that talking, Alec didn't realize how quiet Abby got.

After handing over his duster coat, Jeremy stood and listened, reminded terribly of a similar event between two privates in his task force, back in Baja.

Baja, the Mojave - all taught him one thing. Take chances every once and awhile - you might not get another.

"I know this ain't quite my place, but you seem awful bent on discrediting the marriage. I can't tell if that's a lack of love, or just plain fear."

As luck would have it, Abby finds her boots amidst the rubble that had once been floor. She shakes out the debris, all the while thinking about the video. Why did she feel her heart jump like hitting the a jackpot at the slots seeing herself in that white dress? It was not her style at all. Yeah she had worn dresses for Alec before. Those had at least been sexy. But white? Pure, unblemished white. On her? It just did not fit. She has killed a lot pf people, and not all had deserved to die the way they did.

Abby sees Alec still freaking out when she returns with her boots on, Death Pod held in one hand with the barrel up. What does she say to her? Seeing Alec in distress as a woman had been funny, endearing at first. Now though, she feels different, sees Alec in a different light but cannot place it. Why does it matter anyway?

It does not, she decides, and is now more annoyed at Alec than concerned,

"Hey, thats nothing, we gotta get outta here before whoever-the-fuck-that-was, comes down. Now calm yer tits, Veronica." Abby says and catches herself immediately. "Alec. I meant Alec. Calm the fuck down."

"NO!" Alec was quick to shout back at Abby. Her mind was in several different places at this point. "This whole thing is FUCKED! All we came here to do was buy supplies, but what happened? I don't know, BECAUSE WE WERE DRUGGED!" Her face was as red as a tomato from the anger.

"Seemingly, from what I can gather, we had a drive thru wedding, Flynn started a cult by the looks of it, Anri is about three times her normal size, the city seems like its on the verge of a civil war just by looking out a window, and oh yeah, I'M A WOMAN! This whole thing started because you fucking had to go run off after Michael, some guy that, in the grand scheme of things, is an after thought from all the bullshit we've been learning about! And God only knows what went on with the others! Fuck, I wouldn't be shocked if Chika was now housing some demonic spirit that's the manifestation of evil!" She then turned to Jeremy.

"And you! FUCK YOU! I don't even know who you are, but if you're from the world she's from, then get fucked! Your world sucks, and like you know a fuckin' thing about our relationship!" She then turned back to Abby, "you can keep thinking you're still in that shitty wasteland like he does, but it'll only end up making things as bad as they are now! This is not the 'Mojave,' this isn't even the Earth you know, this is a fucked up situation you cannot keep thinking is as normal as you think it is!... AND WHO THE FUCK IS VERONICA!?"

A gauntleted hand slaps Alec across her face maybe a little harder than Abby would have normally, but behind the helmet she is fuming and also red in the face.

"SOMEOME WITH MORE BALLS THAN YOU EVEN WHEN YOU WERE A MAN!" She yells at him through the voice modulator, making it crack somewhat. "You're always bitching around when shit hits the fan you know that!? Something don't go right you break down! You wouldn't last one fucking day in our world. Bet that! One day, you miss a meal, you yell your fucking head off and a Deathclaw makes you the meal!" Abby raises her hand to slap her again, but refrains, huffs "I'm fucking glad we ain't married. You... you're..." She struggles to speak, shaking visibly "...a good person. Even if only I see it. I don't fucking deserve you anyway anymore than I deserved Veronica. Or anyone. Soon as we're back at the Pathfinder, send me back." Her voice breaks, but she holds her cry in, shakes it out of herself. "House will have me back. I know he will. That's all I deserve."

The ranger crossed his arms, though still leaving the .44 hand cannon in view. "I was an officer of several eighteen year olds in Sin City, I've seen relationships that were worse, I can tell you that," Jeremy added, clearly still treating the event as humorous.

He, privately, became a little more serious when metal met flesh, but he didn't move any as Abby went off on her tirade. He was going to try and remind Alec that treating the world like the wasteland, given how wild the world was, probably was a smart move, but he didn't get the chance.

House. Well ain't that a kicker. He could mention it, even turn that .44 on her, drill her for answers and get sent back to the Mojave. Whatever story she spins or details she provides would make him an NCR hero.

But clearly things were bigger than NCR and Legion and even Mr. House. He had stumbled into something that very well may decide the fate of all worlds, something the little savages of his wasteland could hardly dream of. No, they could dream of it - and these people fought to protect those dreams, of worlds and places away and better than their wasted earth.

And that last hope was bickering. Typical. He was going to wait until the other woman, Alec, replied. If he acted like a bitch again, Jeremy would intervene, but he hoped he wouldn't have to. They wouldn't like Drill Instructor Welles, and he had no time to be his kind and considerate self.

Abby may have underestimated how hard the slap really was to. It was more like an open palm strike right on the cheekbone of Alec's face, and since her gauntlet was proper beskar steel, it was a wallop of a slap. Alec's vision went blurry the moment the slap happened, and considering she was still suffering from the effects of the hangover, down she went to the floor with a thud on her rear.

It took a moment to even see straight again, but Abby's voice sure came through loud and clear. Alec was dumbfounded, a much needed reality check to get him back on track, but one that came with pure venom and vitriol by Abigail. She just stared up at her with a shocked look, totally gasped and flummoxed by her partners rage. When she raised her hand to strike Alec again, Alec flinched. She raised her arm over his face to protect it from another blow, and when it didn't happen, she kept it up anyway as Abby continued talking.

It was after she stopped that Alec lowered it. Her face turned white, and a visible bruise was forming around her cheek. Alec now looked scared and concerned. "... A-Abby..." The Scotswomans voice cracked slightly once she spoke up again, but she hadn't a clue what to say.

Jeremy walked over, holstering his sidearm and kneeling next to Alec. "I'm also a medic," he said. "Let me check that wound."

The dumbstruck marine turned his head to Jeremy, though his fearful, shivering eyes remained on his 'wife.' Not a week in. I'd laugh if these two weren't my path to safety…and if it weren't so tragic.

When metal strikes flesh, with any meaningful power, flesh tends to lose. There was a gash where beskar plate scraped her skin.

A little less than Jeremy expected though. He'd fought Fiends, impromptu bludgeoning tools could burst open skulls, and while Abby didn't swing a sledgehammer at her friend, it was the same principle. Clearly though, the guy was superhuman - already the blood was beginning to clot, though it had streaked down her face already. She also didn't have any immediate signs of brain damage, which was promising.

"Definitely gonna leave a nasty bruise, but whatever you got running through the bloodstream is working its magic," the ranger said. "Look, I clearly don't know you two, but we shouldn't be bickering in unsecured, enemy territory. That's how people - whole squads - die. So let's keep it together and settle things once we get back to camp, alright?"

Hearing Jeremy assess Alec, Abby turns back around and is aghast, but all that would be seen from others is Abby looking down at her shaking hand. She had done it again.

"At least this time nobody died." Abby says in a quiet somber tone before balling that shaking hand into a fist and giving a groan of frustration.

"Ranger is right. Enough jawing." She identifies an exit to this floor, waves around for everyone to see her and follow.
"Shows over! Lets get moving before we-- SHUT UP!"

Alec scuttled across the floor thanks to that shockwave, and on top of the dizziness, she had now gone deaf in both ears. Will this headache ever cease? "AAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Alec shouted in pain, covering her ears to try and stop the ringing. Honestly, how could things possibly get worse? Well, this will for sure:

BANG

BANG

BANG​

Something in the room nearby was trying to suddenly break its way out the front door; probably woken up by Xenon's screaming.

BANG

BANG

BANG.......​

It stopped.... Maybe it couldn't escape-- BOOOOSH!

jonah-lobe-deathclaw-render-5.jpg

Speaking of Deathclaws. And look! With a light ding noise, the elevator doors opened up again, and coming out were more Advent! This time with Stun Lancers.

1707535735715.png

Last edited:
Abigail Delano, Courier Six-Played by Amber Franklin

The helmet offers Abby protection from the physical volume of the shout fine. It did nothing to abate the psychic shock of it on her mind and she stumbles to brace against a rubble pile. It shakes something open in her memory as well: the shouting of those same words from Veronica when Abby confessed her crime. Abigail would have kept spiraling into deeper memories if the loud bangs on a nearby wall did not jar her out of it.

The Courier turns to the sound, drops to her knee, and levels her pod weapon but holds on firing. Experience and instinct agreed to hold fire, until they knew that was an enemy or ally knocking at the wall. Was it the robot again?

No, it is not, Abby knows when she sees an old familiar terror come tearing through. She quickly finds the Ranger, nods, and says to him "I got the legs!"

The pod is set to FULL AUTO, and Abby sprays rounds at the Deathclaws' legs, following its bobs and weaves as it attempts to avoid the bullets. Unless something else impedes her practiced aim, the legs would be shredded and kill a Deathclaws true edge in the food chain: its speed and agility. It would have to crawl, making it an easier target for a round of higher power or melee attacks to anyone brave enough to get in its reach.

As dust swirled and settled from the forceful scream, Xenon surveyed the room, observing the varied reactions of those around her. Some individuals were reeling from the impact, while others managed to resist the urge to flee or succumb to fear-induced accidents. She couldn't help but feel a sense of impressed satisfaction at how many had withstood the unintended side effects of her voice amplification.

CRUNCH!

A resounding bang echoed through the room as something slammed into the wall with remarkable force.

CRUNCH!

The noise repeated, the wall cracking and shedding its outer layers of paint and stucco to reveal the concrete beneath.

CRUNCH!

Finally, the wall collapsed, revealing the culprit, a roaring beast known as a deathclaw. The room erupted into chaos, gunfire erupting from one corner as individuals attempted to cripple the creature. Though unfamiliar with the creature, Xenon had no intention of remaining idle as others dealt with the aftermath of her actions. "Stand down, i will dispose of it." She stated like it was a done task.

Activating her lightsaber, its fiery blade humming with a menacing energy, Xenon approached the deathclaw with purpose. With swift and precise movements, she aimed to sever one of its arms before going in for a decisive decapitation. Employing Force Speed to evade its attacks, she retaliated with a relentless barrage of golden Force lightning, each strike resonating like a constant harmonic note from a tesla coil.

Meanwhile, the arrival of men in unfamiliar uniforms, armed and ready, signaled a new threat. Unfazed, Xenon stood ready to face them as well, prepared to demonstrate why crossing paths with the crimson terror known as Sith Lord Xenon was an unwise decision.

The helmet offers Abby protection from the physical volume of the shout fine. It did nothing to abate the psychic shock of it on her mind and she stumbles to brace against a rubble pile. It shakes something open in her memory as well: the shouting of those same words from Veronica when Abby confessed her crime. Abigail would have kept spiraling into deeper memories if the loud bangs on a nearby wall did not jar her out of it.

The Courier turns to the sound, drops to her knee, and levels her pod weapon but holds on firing. Experience and instinct agreed to hold fire, until they knew that was an enemy or ally knocking at the wall. Was it the robot again?

No, it is not, Abby knows when she sees an old familiar terror come tearing through. She quickly finds the Ranger, nods, and says to him "I got the legs!"

The pod is set to FULL AUTO, and Abby sprays rounds at the Deathclaws' legs, following its bobs and weaves as it attempts to avoid the bullets. Unless something else impedes her practiced aim, the legs would be shredded and kill a Deathclaws true edge in the food chain: its speed and agility. It would have to crawl, making it an easier target for a round of higher power or melee attacks to anyone brave enough to get in its reach.
~~GM~~

Collab between myself @Amber Franklin & @Apothecary Bruce

Confused by Jeremy's offer for his coat, Alec finally realized the issue of her wearing nothing but a soaking wet, white T-Shirt that was clinging to her body and revealing quite almost everything underneath. "OH MY GOD!" She shouted, then grabbed Jeremy's jacket to wrap herself in.

"You didn't see a fuckin' thing!" She then shouted to Jeremy, struggling to button the jacket up with her shaky hands. And she was just starting to calm down again...

"Alright, okay, okayokayokay, uhhhh, right, okay," she was just muttering nonsense while doing mental gymnastics and pacing back and forth, "right, yeah, there's no way this is actually legitimate. We were drugged, we blacked out, we don't have any rings on, this is all just a shame wedding and there's no way we're actually husband and wife, it's all just one giant joke maybe! We-We must've been pretending, or or we were forced into it, I mean, it was probably just one of those drive thru wedding places people do as a gag, so there's no way this is enforceable! That's it, that's it, it was a scam and we fell for it, we are not actually married!" During all that talking, Alec didn't realize how quiet Abby got.

After handing over his duster coat, Jeremy stood and listened, reminded terribly of a similar event between two privates in his task force, back in Baja.

Baja, the Mojave - all taught him one thing. Take chances every once and awhile - you might not get another.

"I know this ain't quite my place, but you seem awful bent on discrediting the marriage. I can't tell if that's a lack of love, or just plain fear."

As luck would have it, Abby finds her boots amidst the rubble that had once been floor. She shakes out the debris, all the while thinking about the video. Why did she feel her heart jump like hitting the a jackpot at the slots seeing herself in that white dress? It was not her style at all. Yeah she had worn dresses for Alec before. Those had at least been sexy. But white? Pure, unblemished white. On her? It just did not fit. She has killed a lot pf people, and not all had deserved to die the way they did.

Abby sees Alec still freaking out when she returns with her boots on, Death Pod held in one hand with the barrel up. What does she say to her? Seeing Alec in distress as a woman had been funny, endearing at first. Now though, she feels different, sees Alec in a different light but cannot place it. Why does it matter anyway?

It does not, she decides, and is now more annoyed at Alec than concerned,

"Hey, thats nothing, we gotta get outta here before whoever-the-fuck-that-was, comes down. Now calm yer tits, Veronica." Abby says and catches herself immediately. "Alec. I meant Alec. Calm the fuck down."

"NO!" Alec was quick to shout back at Abby. Her mind was in several different places at this point. "This whole thing is FUCKED! All we came here to do was buy supplies, but what happened? I don't know, BECAUSE WE WERE DRUGGED!" Her face was as red as a tomato from the anger.

"Seemingly, from what I can gather, we had a drive thru wedding, Flynn started a cult by the looks of it, Anri is about three times her normal size, the city seems like its on the verge of a civil war just by looking out a window, and oh yeah, I'M A WOMAN! This whole thing started because you fucking had to go run off after Michael, some guy that, in the grand scheme of things, is an after thought from all the bullshit we've been learning about! And God only knows what went on with the others! Fuck, I wouldn't be shocked if Chika was now housing some demonic spirit that's the manifestation of evil!" She then turned to Jeremy.

"And you! FUCK YOU! I don't even know who you are, but if you're from the world she's from, then get fucked! Your world sucks, and like you know a fuckin' thing about our relationship!" She then turned back to Abby, "you can keep thinking you're still in that shitty wasteland like he does, but it'll only end up making things as bad as they are now! This is not the 'Mojave,' this isn't even the Earth you know, this is a fucked up situation you cannot keep thinking is as normal as you think it is!... AND WHO THE FUCK IS VERONICA!?"

A gauntleted hand slaps Alec across her face maybe a little harder than Abby would have normally, but behind the helmet she is fuming and also red in the face.

"SOMEOME WITH MORE BALLS THAN YOU EVEN WHEN YOU WERE A MAN!" She yells at him through the voice modulator, making it crack somewhat. "You're always bitching around when shit hits the fan you know that!? Something don't go right you break down! You wouldn't last one fucking day in our world. Bet that! One day, you miss a meal, you yell your fucking head off and a Deathclaw makes you the meal!" Abby raises her hand to slap her again, but refrains, huffs "I'm fucking glad we ain't married. You... you're..." She struggles to speak, shaking visibly "...a good person. Even if only I see it. I don't fucking deserve you anyway anymore than I deserved Veronica. Or anyone. Soon as we're back at the Pathfinder, send me back." Her voice breaks, but she holds her cry in, shakes it out of herself. "House will have me back. I know he will. That's all I deserve."

The ranger crossed his arms, though still leaving the .44 hand cannon in view. "I was an officer of several eighteen year olds in Sin City, I've seen relationships that were worse, I can tell you that," Jeremy added, clearly still treating the event as humorous.

He, privately, became a little more serious when metal met flesh, but he didn't move any as Abby went off on her tirade. He was going to try and remind Alec that treating the world like the wasteland, given how wild the world was, probably was a smart move, but he didn't get the chance.

House. Well ain't that a kicker. He could mention it, even turn that .44 on her, drill her for answers and get sent back to the Mojave. Whatever story she spins or details she provides would make him an NCR hero.

But clearly things were bigger than NCR and Legion and even Mr. House. He had stumbled into something that very well may decide the fate of all worlds, something the little savages of his wasteland could hardly dream of. No, they could dream of it - and these people fought to protect those dreams, of worlds and places away and better than their wasted earth.

And that last hope was bickering. Typical. He was going to wait until the other woman, Alec, replied. If he acted like a bitch again, Jeremy would intervene, but he hoped he wouldn't have to. They wouldn't like Drill Instructor Welles, and he had no time to be his kind and considerate self.

Abby may have underestimated how hard the slap really was to. It was more like an open palm strike right on the cheekbone of Alec's face, and since her gauntlet was proper beskar steel, it was a wallop of a slap. Alec's vision went blurry the moment the slap happened, and considering she was still suffering from the effects of the hangover, down she went to the floor with a thud on her rear.

It took a moment to even see straight again, but Abby's voice sure came through loud and clear. Alec was dumbfounded, a much needed reality check to get him back on track, but one that came with pure venom and vitriol by Abigail. She just stared up at her with a shocked look, totally gasped and flummoxed by her partners rage. When she raised her hand to strike Alec again, Alec flinched. She raised her arm over his face to protect it from another blow, and when it didn't happen, she kept it up anyway as Abby continued talking.

It was after she stopped that Alec lowered it. Her face turned white, and a visible bruise was forming around her cheek. Alec now looked scared and concerned. "... A-Abby..." The Scotswomans voice cracked slightly once she spoke up again, but she hadn't a clue what to say.

Jeremy walked over, holstering his sidearm and kneeling next to Alec. "I'm also a medic," he said. "Let me check that wound."

The dumbstruck marine turned his head to Jeremy, though his fearful, shivering eyes remained on his 'wife.' Not a week in. I'd laugh if these two weren't my path to safety…and if it weren't so tragic.

When metal strikes flesh, with any meaningful power, flesh tends to lose. There was a gash where beskar plate scraped her skin.

A little less than Jeremy expected though. He'd fought Fiends, impromptu bludgeoning tools could burst open skulls, and while Abby didn't swing a sledgehammer at her friend, it was the same principle. Clearly though, the guy was superhuman - already the blood was beginning to clot, though it had streaked down her face already. She also didn't have any immediate signs of brain damage, which was promising.

"Definitely gonna leave a nasty bruise, but whatever you got running through the bloodstream is working its magic," the ranger said. "Look, I clearly don't know you two, but we shouldn't be bickering in unsecured, enemy territory. That's how people - whole squads - die. So let's keep it together and settle things once we get back to camp, alright?"

Hearing Jeremy assess Alec, Abby turns back around and is aghast, but all that would be seen from others is Abby looking down at her shaking hand. She had done it again.

"At least this time nobody died." Abby says in a quiet somber tone before balling that shaking hand into a fist and giving a groan of frustration.

"Ranger is right. Enough jawing." She identifies an exit to this floor, waves around for everyone to see her and follow.
"Shows over! Lets get moving before we-- SHUT UP!"

Alec scuttled across the floor thanks to that shockwave, and on top of the dizziness, she had now gone deaf in both ears. Will this headache ever cease? "AAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Alec shouted in pain, covering her ears to try and stop the ringing. Honestly, how could things possibly get worse? Well, this will for sure:

BANG

BANG

BANG​

Something in the room nearby was trying to suddenly break its way out the front door; probably woken up by Xenon's screaming.

BANG

BANG

BANG.......​

It stopped.... Maybe it couldn't escape-- BOOOOSH!

jonah-lobe-deathclaw-render-5.jpg

Speaking of Deathclaws. And look! With a light ding noise, the elevator doors opened up again, and coming out were more Advent! This time with Stun Lancers.

As dust swirled and settled from the forceful scream, Xenon surveyed the room, observing the varied reactions of those around her. Some individuals were reeling from the impact, while others managed to resist the urge to flee or succumb to fear-induced accidents. She couldn't help but feel a sense of impressed satisfaction at how many had withstood the unintended side effects of her voice amplification.

CRUNCH!

A resounding bang echoed through the room as something slammed into the wall with remarkable force.

CRUNCH!

The noise repeated, the wall cracking and shedding its outer layers of paint and stucco to reveal the concrete beneath.

CRUNCH!

Finally, the wall collapsed, revealing the culprit, a roaring beast known as a deathclaw. The room erupted into chaos, gunfire erupting from one corner as individuals attempted to cripple the creature. Though unfamiliar with the creature, Xenon had no intention of remaining idle as others dealt with the aftermath of her actions. "Stand down, i will dispose of it." She stated like it was a done task.

Activating her lightsaber, its fiery blade humming with a menacing energy, Xenon approached the deathclaw with purpose. With swift and precise movements, she aimed to sever one of its arms before going in for a decisive decapitation. Employing Force Speed to evade its attacks, she retaliated with a relentless barrage of golden Force lightning, each strike resonating like a constant harmonic note from a tesla coil.

Meanwhile, the arrival of men in unfamiliar uniforms, armed and ready, signaled a new threat. Unfazed, Xenon stood ready to face them as well, prepared to demonstrate why crossing paths with the crimson terror known as Sith Lord Xenon was an unwise decision.
Jeremy pushed the rock and rubble off himself, defying his worn body in a fit of intense frustration. "If one more goddamn thing collapses on me..."

Then came the screaming and the soldiers and, oh boy. Looks like Alec really was wrong. This was one casino away from being Viva New Vegas.

Just as Jeremy was ready to put old skills to work alongside his new wastelander friend, the Sith Lord leapt into action. The ranger wasn't sure how to feel about her - there was definitely an aura of malice, bad karma as some might put it, about the dark side warrior - but in the end he was happy the deathclaw was dead. Instead, the ranger merely turned his revolver on the armor-clad soldiers ahead of her, blowing a hole in one of their heads with dead-eye precision.

As he did, he walked over to Alec, screaming his mouth. Jeremy had half a mind to plant a boot in her face and knock her cold, if only to shut the asshole up...but he wasn't that sort of person, and she clearly wasn't just an asshole. He slipped a pain reliever pill into her mouth - mostly for his own occasional migraine - scooped her up, and started to fall back. "New lady, make us a path out of here. Abby, whatever the reason you all came here originally, scrap it because it's clearly been scrapped for you. Where's the evac point?"

Artyom

When the floor collapsed, Artyom did his best to get ready to tuck and roll as best as he could but thankfully, he would be assisted by Flynn by her grabbing onto his jacket. The descent was hardly great and the landing even less so. Artyom tumbled into the debris with Flynn and David. Recovering took a brief moment to catch his breath and do a check on himself. Finding nothing but potential bruises and the odd blue liquid from Flynn, Artyom would sigh as he would stand up.

Just in time for someone to shout into the air as Abby and Alec fighting with Jeremy intervening. The latter being a spectacle that had Artyom be less than amused, to the point that Artyom told himself that if it continued, he would see about going and finding the Japal Guard regiment he remembered in vague hazy recollections and deal with their karking disregard basic command structure. The shout that boomed in the air didn't even make his ears ring. Artyom was far too used to cannons going off, or a tank cannon firing. Hell, the shout barely matched a Commissar's. Granted, he was less certain about the others' handling it but that was their problem.

Then came the beast that reminded Artyom of a Tyranid if it was stunted but nonetheless still a threat to deal with.

But that was matched by an elevator opening and more of those soldiers swarming out to fight them. One making a dash with a melee weapon towards him. Artyom not having a chance to get his lasgun up to fire, would instead reach for the chainsword and activated the weapon.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The weapon hummed as the chain was sent into overdrive as Artyom charged his attacker, swinging the chainsword in a downward swing. The Stunlancer raising to attempt a parry, but unfortunately for this one, the chainsword was Cadian made. And Cadians didn't skimp on materials nor engines for the chain-weapons. So the teeth would at first catch on the weapon before with a loud and horrible hrrrrrrr as it chewed through the stunlance. Sparks flying and soon enough the noise was replaced by the screams and gurgling followed by the sound of spraying blood as the chainsword chewed through the upper torso of the Stunlancer. Bisecting the Xenos soldier into two bloody pieces as Artyom deactivated the weapon and dove into cover. Returning fire as he would wipe the orange blood off his mask's eye section.

"Need to take this fight out of here, structural integratory may not hold for a prolonged fight with explosives." He would yell out as he continued to lay down suppressive fire.

@Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @littlekreen @PolyesterH @Girania the Knightess @Valkan @Raffia Kiryuin @Apothecary Bruce

Chika

There was once a time where Chika would consider the worst day she could possibly have was one where she would be forced to make a last stand against Vikings and Knights. Now she's finding out that she would prefer the rush of a crazed last stand over the onslaught of pain and randomness that she was currently experiencing in addition to her splitting headache. To add insult to injury, the Spirits that had been quiet since her awakening had finally begun to whisper again. She would have to deal with their constant attempts to completely corrupt her and turn her into another vessel of cruelty and malice.

The newest addition to this orgy of pain and probability was the floor deciding to give way, causing the already suffering Samurai to fall to the floor below. As she lay prone amongst the debris, her sight was filled with stars, and her body refused to move. Perhaps she had a concussion? She couldn't tell. She couldn't care. There was too much to try to keep track of, and the whispers continued to grow in volume.

At this point, all Chika wanted to do was lay there. She needed a moment to collect herself and maintain her diminishing control over the situation. She should be absolutely fine if she could just have that one moment of meditation, one moment to push everything else out and focus… Then someone shouted so loud that it shook Chika's internal world. Her grasp on her state of being had been kicked away, and she felt herself fall further as the Spirits of the crazed and maddened warriors took over.

Her body rose from the rubble, and her face displayed a listless expression. She turned and reached into the rubble again, and pulled out a weapon that only the Spirits had noticed was still near her: a foreign blade made of a material that was glass-like in appearance, but sharper than many common metal blades and light to wield. The puppeted body moved awkwardly at first, but as the wall crumbled, Chika's body moved with a confidence that did not fit the actual body's owner. As it moved, a strange white mist began to form and follow at the feet.

The wall burst, and a monstrous being roared. A door opened, and a group of fighters burst into the area. The beast was felled handily, and a man tore through one of the fighters. The Spirits were not pleased. In this place where war is not active, there were few chances where they got to take souls. And now, when a chance to do so is presented, others come to release them.

The most surrounded Chika's arm, and they had her throw the Glass sword at the group of Adventure soldiers. The blade punctured through the armor and heart of one of the gunmen. Within moments, Chika appeared near where he was. The Spirits became a barrier to block off the bullets as they reached the doomed man. The white mist gathered and crept into the blade as Chika's hand held the handle.

"我に委ねよ", said Chika before pulling the sword out of the man, who finally slumped over dead.

They turned Chika's body towards the rest of the fallen soldier's squad. The mist came out of the corpse, and the man's soul was used to enhance the spiritual shield. She pointed her blade at them. Whether by her hand or another's, they would meet their ends by battle's end.

Boy, that Deathclaw sure went down easy.

While Abby's barrage of gunfire from her death pod crippled the creature, it was Xenon's incredible strength in the force and skill with her blade that took it down for good. Its body became a pile of limbs with burn marks, with its head perfectly cut like it was ready to be mounted to a wall. (And they say these creatures are hard to kill.)

All the while, Jeremy tried pushing drugs down Alec's throat while considering more female abuse would solve the situation, Artyom got covered in green gooey blood as he chained sawed his way through a man, and Chika had finally lost control of her body to evil spirits. And the current time of the day was 11:30 AM. This was going to be a long day. (And an even longer thread.)

Alec, swallowing the pill forcefully pushed into her throat by a tall, imposing man that certainly looks wrong out of context, was hoisted up on Jeremy's shoulder like some princess who couldn't do anything. So she started kicking him. "Hey, put me down!" She yelled, furious that she could feel his hands reaching up her naked thighs.

More Advent would be upon them, a mixture of standard troops commanded by a few imposing looking officers; barking orders to them in that strange language. "Helbete betal!" One shouted, directing men to the opposite area of the floor. They were going to try and flank the heroes from around the sides, while stun lancers went after Chika and Xenon. Adding to this madness were more sounds of growling behind the walls of the hotel rooms. One soldier, running too close to a front door without realizing, was grabbed by a Deathclaw hand that smashed its way through the doorframe; pulling the poor man through the gap while he tried grasping for anything and screaming in pain. More green goo sprayed out the hole upon the sound of a loud crunching noise.

How many Deathclaws were on this floor? And how stable was the building going to remain? Because, as time passed, the feeling of the floor rumbling could be felt. Like something far below them was destroying the internals of this building, making its stability even weaker.

Fifth Grade Fixer, Oliver

Crashing against the floor of the, heh, floor beneath the penthouse, Oliver would groan in annoyance at falling once again due to random bullcrap. Rolling over from his prone position, he'd try pushing himself up from the ground only to fall sideways as his left arm gives out from under him with a loud ting.
Maaaan, that good moods not here to stay is it?
Likely. You must have damaged your arm by trying to brace it in front of you while falling. That or you took damage whilst fighting upstairs. Either way, we will have to fight one handed until we get it repaired
BAH. WHO NEEDS A LEFT ARM ANYWAYS. BESIDES, GIVES US A GOOD REASON TO REPLACE IT.
Looking down at his non-responsive arm, he lets out a short groan before shaking his head and pushing himself up from his pile of rubble and towards the direction of his now female boss/client/coworker who was apparently screaming about something.

"Yo, wha-"
Ay, ay, shut up for a second

Huh? HM? What?

Just, shush for a bit, hold on. We're about to see something hilarious.
"Wha- what? Ok, I guess", muttering under his (metaphorical) breath Oliver watches Alec, Abby and the new guy start shouting at each other before they... what the fuck are we watching?
HAHAHAHAHA, HOLY FUCK THAT'S FUNNY.
OOOOOOH THE ANGST! THE DELICIOUS ANGST!
Despite having zero experience with television drama outside of being badgered about it by Ji-Woo in the office, I think we can all agree that-
This shit is absolute kino, by the Wings look at this drama man!

Watching his boss (nah screw her, Alec is NOT Office Operator material) Alec and Abby going at it, Oliver silently thanked the Wings, the Head and any existing gods for the fact that his body had a mute function as he silently howled with laughter at the absolute peak workplace romance drama in front of him. Wings, if he had a camera this shit would probably have made him some money.
Well worth the broken arm, absolute peak.
Shaking his head in amusement, he looks up as Abby waves everyone over before moving to walk towards her, "Ay bud, you get that shi-SHUT UP!"

Bursts of sparks erupt across his body as the force scream rocks through him. Stumbling forward, Oliver manages a step before he starts to fall over, vocalizing an annoyed, "Aw, come on seriously." before he crashes into the debris.
What was that?
Urgh, it felt like... I dunno, concentrated anger in a soundwave. It must've knocked some circuits or connectors loose or something. By the Wings man I knew you should've bought those moonrocks, would've prevented this bullshit.
FUCK OFF. MOONROCKS WOULDN'T HAVE DONE SHIT, THIS IS JUST THE DICE DECIDING TO FUCK YOU OVER FOR ONCE
I refuse that notion. Sufficient planning and the correct equipment renders luck pointless. We should definitely address this at a later date.
Yeah, fuck, whatever... so are we just stuck here or can we fix this shit.
HMMMM, WE'RE STUCK HERE, ONLY FOR A LITTLE BIT, I GOT A FEELING THIS IS TEMPORARY
You know you lost the ability to feel the moment you took that deal right?
SHUT UP, IT'S LIKE THAT HUNCH TYPE FEEL, LIKE THE ONES WE HAD WHEN WE WERE KIDS
Suddenly, the sound of general combat resounds away from him, craning his head (at least he could still do that, thank the Wings) toward the sounds, he sees the rest of his coworkers duking it out with more of those soldiers and some oversized murder-lizards.
FUCK, I KNEW IT, WE'RE GONNA BE OUT OF COMMISSION WHILE EVERYONE ELSE GETS THE GLORY. THE FUCKING HIPPIE MUST BE BEHIND THIS. OR ALEC. I BLAME HER TOO.
Man. Well at least we get to relax here for a bit, haven't done that in a while. That blackout murder spree doesn't count by the way.
That was true. Maybe he could even gauge the strength of his coworkers too. He really needed to pay more attention to them honestly.
Exaaaaactly, learning opportunity man.

Last edited:
David Caddel, Chicago

Finally getting a hold of himself, partially thanks to Flinn, and the rest thanks to time, he focuses on the situation at hand. Getting onto his knees he immediately bobs bad down. He resumes a standard grip on the shotgun, eyes darting around the room. Confused by the chaos at hand, he picks a target: an ADVENT trooper. He levels his shotgun and fires a single shot, immediately ducking down behind the cover afterwards. Truth being told, he was only half sure that those troopers were hostile. He had only really gotten a sure sign that the Deathclaws were hostile by the signs of his group attacking them on sight. He glances up to Flyn and makes a quick comment, "Thanks, but who the hell are all these guys?"

A rumble beneath his feet cuts off his thought process. It didn't look like it was about to matter. "The floors going to collapse again," he states with a distinct twinge of frustration. Crawling over to a wall, David takes out his knife and harves himself out a hand grip. Putting the knife away and slinging over his shotgun, he sticks his hand in the makeshift hold.

Big Anri
Big Gun

There was a lot that happened since she ran towards everyone, but none of that mattered to her more than the new marks to huntk. The little people seemed focused on some of the others, but the large monsters showed up. The first of them to break through the wall was cut down immediately, but when more came in, Anri was able to look at them properly.

Despite its hulking size, Anri found that its appearance showed the low quality of the meat. Random scales and protrusions upon the forelegs and back, teeth that made up the mouth as if it were a deep sea creature, places on the body where the skin slackens and stretches, lean muscles focused on its arms and legs, and an odd scent that even pierced through the strange smell of the city they were in. Whatever these things were, Anri was disappointed to admit that they would likely be bad to eat.

Still, they were immediate threats, and the Dawn Covenant defeats all monstrous threats, be they edible or not! Anri couldn't just leave them be this time. Besides, it would be fun to see if her blades got bigger t-

As if her mind had suffered another sudden shock. Her eye flickered as if something was actively overriding control over the child's consciousness. She went limp for a moment, and an order given from the start of the mission sounded off in her thoughts.

'You stay behind us and provide cover as best you can.'

The order echoed in her mind over and over, lulling Anri into unconsciousness. When the body straightened up again, her face was devoid of emotion. She reached for the enlargened rifle from this world.

"Conditions met. Executing order."

Staying in a spot away from the threats, Anri aimed the rifle at one of the Deathclaws, and pulled the trigger. From it, a bullet that had also grown sped towards its head.

~~GM~~

Deathclaw jelly sounds delicious, doesn't it? Because that's what happened to that Deathclaw's head upon being hit by the irregular sized bullet. Yet, if you could believe it, the pack of deathclaws slowly freeing themselves from their rooms wasn't the worst part of their situation. For as David cut open a hole in the wall, it started bleeding. Literally. Red fluid, as thick as blood began leaking through the cuts David made, slowly dribbling down the rest of the wall until it reached the floor. And the area around the blood began to discolor, turning it into a rustic red and orange discoloration in over an inch is diameter. In fact, other holes in the walls, caused by the Deathclaws breaking through., or as small as bullet holes, caused even more bleeding to form.

Something very, very wrong was happening to this hotel. And what could make it worse?

"Hey Abby!" A familiar voice rang out over the gunfire.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4e616b6f7468625a4458784e51413d3d2d3634383933383839302e313564386266663236653535616139653932383234313832343636302e676966

The gunfire stopped, and with it, so to did the other Deathclaws go quiet. More Advent troops made it out the elevators, now outnumbering the group seven to one, with yet another unit joining them. These in pure white armor attires, with a strange purple glowing orb behind their backs.

1708544327899.png

Whatever those orbs were, a faint line could be seen from them that outstretched to the other rooms, and seemed to incapacitate the other free Deathcla, making it subserviently to them. They were mind-controlling the beasts. And Michael was right in the middle of them, dressed in heavy combat gear, and smiling with the biggest shit eating grin per usual. "I know you're here, Abby! This time I got you on the surprise!" He bragged.

While attention was elsewhere, Oliver would suddenly be grabbed from behind; the long barrel of a revolver placed against the temple of his head. His ambushers arm wrapped himself around his still working arm, putting it in an awkward position so he couldn't use it. "Hi buddy," the ambusher introduced himself to Oli, "we haven't met yet. Name's Fish. I like your augments." Oliver wouldn't know the man, but once again, Alec and Abby would. He was warden of 'New Butyrka,' another prison from that dead Earth they first met on, and where Michael was originally from. A sadistic man who loved torturing scattered trapped, and was in cahoots with Michael, and yet another survivor of that barren world.

"Yo, girlie!" He shouted to Anri, "mind putting the toys away?"

Fifth Grade Fixer, Oliver

As everyone GOT TO FUCKING ENJOY THEMSELVES Oliver continued to lay amongst the rubble watching the rest of his coworkers. There wasn't really anything else he could do anyway, not until his shit decided to start working again.
Hey, like I said, just take this as a moment to relax. Besides, didn't you say you wanted to pay more attention to the other guys?
Eh, that was true.
Indeed. Furthermore, it is always useful to know the capabilities of your coworkers. Take, for example, Chika. She is displaying abilities that she had not used earlier. Moreover, she acts differently from the last time we saw her fight.
Yeaaaaaaaah, about that actually. I'm pretty sure those are...

Ay, yo. murder hobo supreme, I'm waiting for you to confirm what I'm seeing. Those are ghosts, right? Like, actual ones? If they are, it'd be sorta funny.

FUCK OFF, I'M TRYING TO RECONNECT OUR LIMBS AND SHIT
How, exactly?
WITH OUR FUCKING BRAIN, OBVIOUSLY. I'M STRETCHING THESE MOTHERFUCKING NERVE ENDINGS BEYOND THEIR LIMITS.
Uh-huh. Good luck with that.
Suddenly, Oliver's vision lurches. Considering he still couldn't move his limbs around, that probably meant that somebody picked him up.
Oh, dang did someone finally decide to pick up our ass? Sweet, couldn't see too much while lying down.
"Ay, thanks for picking me up bud, was thinking you guys forgot my ass or some-" he stops the moment he hears a click at the side of his head.
That is the sound of a revolver's hammer being pulled back. Presumably, it is pointed at our head.
Well, that's rude.
FOR FUCKS SAKE. NERVES. WORK. NOW. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS HUMILIATION.
I mean, we really don't got a choice right now man.
"Hi buddy," the ambusher introduced himself to Oli, "we haven't met yet. Name's Fish. I like your augments."
Oliver looks down for a second and sees that he's in a chokehold before vocalizing a sigh in exasperation, "Uh huh, thanks. This is certainly one of the ways of showing it, I guess." After flopping around in the man's arms a bit more, Oliver continued, "Ay, what sorta name is Fish anyway? I'm flopping around like one right now so I'm curious."

Last edited:
David Caddel

David stares at the bleeding wall for a brief moment, definitely longer than is safe given he's in a live combat zone. This was the moment he made several decisions. One, a promise to swear off alcohol he was never going to keep. Two, continue to not ask questions and just accept things as they come. Three, focus on the damn fight.

He leaned up from where he was and took stock of the situation. Oliver was taken hostage, Abby apparently knew the people in charge of the hostile squad and the odd creatures were under some type of influence. Lastly, the group was outnumbered 7:1. The odds were likely slightly worse, given the fact that Olivier was occupied. That said, he heard of people taking on worse odds than he was up against right now. Problem was, he wasn't equipped to deal with hostile crowds like this. A flash bang would be fantastic for this situation, but he didn't have one.

Following the wisp of purple to the deathclaws, it gave him an idea. The relative calm of right now was the perfect time to mentally mark targets for a few blasts. He just needed the right moment. Taking shells out of his pocket and loading his shotgun behind cover, he got ready to pop out and quickly blast the white clad troopers.

Artyom
Hating life right now.

As he laid down suppressive fire, catching one or two in the head before he would go back into cover to reload. The task being interrupted when one of the group was taken hostage and more of the damnable Xenos soldiers appeared. Ones in white armor with purple orbs behind them and clearly mentally affecting a chunk of the monsters in the rooms. 'Damnable Psykers.' The Cadian was almost distracted by the strange things happening to the walls, he had a feeling that this hotel was being converted into something alive. And he would very much like to get the Hel out of here.

The one in heavy armor called to Abby, clearly indicating they had a history. A karking problem yet also a possible advantage. Meaning that Abby could hopefully know exactly what this idiot was going to do.

Loading in another mag into his lasgun, and pulling the change handle, Artyom would wait for the opportunity to strike. He was a Cadian, and if he was going to die, he would die taking a good number of these filthy Xenos with him as he gripped his lasgun tightly, heart racing as adrenaline coursed through him when he had an idea. Keeping low along the cover he had, he would speak to Flynn in a low voice. "Normally I would be shot for this, but considering our tactical disadvantage, I need you to somehow send a message along this frequency. One-One-Two-Six-Three-Nine Sierra-Beta-Echo-Charlie. November-India-Alpha. And where we are if you can do that." He would speak to the Avian creature, hoping that if any of the Japal or even other Guardsmen were on-world, they could get some fire support or reinforcements. @littlekreen

The Planet broke before the Guard did.

@Wade Von Doom @Amber Franklin @BazusoTheGrey @Girania the Knightess @Apothecary Bruce

Collaboration GM Post with @Apothecary Bruce and @Wade Von Doom

The moment the red woman with tentacles steps in her sight, Abby takes her finger off the trigger and jerks the barrel up towards the ceiling. The beast is crippled, yet it seems to be a non-issue as with a few swings of a laser sword, and a shot from an oversized bullet, the threat is fully pulverized. Brain matter and blood covers most of the floor.

It's not often one sees overkill used on a Deathclaw, and Abby is momentarily stunned by the beast becoming a headless mess of flesh and bone. The Courier stands from her crouched position, flinging gore from her visor to take frantic stock of everyone. Alec was being carried by the ranger, against her own will, and they were making a fighting retreat. Abby guns down a few Advent who had brought the wrong weapon to this fight. The distinct sounds of a rampaging Deathclaw had not ceased though.

"Right! That was our plan before it all went tits-up. Alec was trying to locate the ship when-" Abby is cut off from relaying the next step to the ranger, when the floor got very crowded and even more dangerous. Never good when you feel the floor shake for any amount of steps. She takes cover behind a large pile of rubble.

Hearing that man's voice, Abby swears and peers over her cover. He's still alive. In all of whatever madness happened last night, he had survived to come after them. Michael needs to die, but she was not the one to do it right now. There was too much going on from what she could see alone. Their only exit was heavily guarded, and unless they had some kind of aircraft there was no escaping out the many windows.

Abby peers out from her cover, to be sure their attackers were at least being held at bay. A plasma round glances off her helmet. It gives Abby the sense she had just been kicked in the face and she swears "SONOFABITCH" loudly, but the plasma hits the assailant holding Oliver in the face. Oliver would be able to get out of the limp hold and count himself lucky he has only singed clothing or equipment as the face of Fish was melted wax.

As Fish fell to the ground, smooth bravado inverted into horrid screaming, Jeremy was free - as free as someone could be in a cave-in - to look for the other hostile.
Michael, the bastard who had tried to kill him. There was no way he was letting that slide.

As he held the furiously shaking Alec with one hand over his shoulder, he brought his revolver behind him, and with lightning aim, the gun fired.

Michael's knee exploded, the armor piercing ammunition cutting straight through his bone. Michael's angry face shifted immediately into panic, fear, and even more anger.
"FUCK! FUCK!" The third curse was drowned out by collapsing rubble - but of course, Jeremy saw no body as he sprinted away, and some part of him knew the bastard would likely survive, somehow.

Outside the hotel, the very ship they need is flying over the chaotic streets. It has taken several hits, but the shields kept it functional. It dodges an errant rocket, then banks into the hotel. The shields push through the walls and cause the unstable floor to buckle.

It is at this point that numbers are at a disadvantage, as the larger force of Advent soldiers and Michael with their enslaved Deathclaws fall down with the floor beneath them. The din of battle is replaced with cries and howls of pain. Abby peers over the rubble, at a cloud of dust and their ship opening its hatch.

"Hot damn y'all! Our luck turned right around!" Abigail runs around the rubble, weapon ready in one hand while waving the others forth into the ship. She runs to the pilot seat, expecting one of their own from the Pathfinder to have come to their rescue.

To her utter surprise, it is none other than The Bohemian. He waves ecstatically.

"Oh finally, I found you guys!" The man cracks open a Redbull and smiles into the impassive visor that conceals Abby's dumbstruck face. "Boy, you guys are hard to find, it's almost like you're avoiding me or something! Didn't we have fun last night?"

"Yeah, too much fun to recall." Abby admits. She turns around to see everyone has made it onto the ship and sighs, falls into the co-pilot seat and straps in. "Get us back to our base. Please. Good times are over, time to leave." She could argue with the man, have an emotional tirade about him being the main source of their troubles here, but Abigail just wants off this planet before something else happens.

"Can say that again!" The Bohemian agrees and backs the ship out of the hotel. Any Advent to survive the fall were being eaten by the freed Deathclaw survivors. He steers the ship to ascend the heavens amid a rain of laser fire. "Hold onto your butts!" The magical musician warns all in the ship the moment before he taps a program on the HUD of the ship to cause it to enter a rift between universes back to The Pathfinder and safety.

The Cyber-Hangover will continue another time, with another cast….