OPEN MAIN STORY The Evrensel Conflict: Act I, Chapter 1 -- Quando a Roma

Erin, the tarnished
image.png

Doing as Thea bid, she'd leave her hammer to the side to tie the rope, holding it just in case, before raising an eyebrow as the woman would seem to examine her for a moment, but saying nothing as she'd grunt from the weight, only to raise her eyebrow again at the cheerful Ruby grinning at her, a mildly concerned pout appearing on her face before she'd focus once again on keeping the rope steady, unused to such a blatant display of emotion.

Though it wouldn't last, as soon enough the weight would disappear and the ones they were saving would float out of the hole as she'd release her grip on the rope. A number of faces she didn't recognize, though they apparently already knew the leader of their bunch, but Erin being Erin, would remain silent, leaving the talking to the others as she'd reclaim her giant hammer and cast her gaze around them, keeping guard.

At least, until Moon Knight woke up again, though he was.. different, but still an enemy in her eyes. Given their new company though, she'd restrain herself, giving the man a rare second chance.

"Yes, and I'll do it again if you get in my way again-" Erin would hiss at him, her trust easily lost and hard to regain as her eyes would narrow on the 'new' him, her battle-scarred hands trembling slightly with the force of her grip on the hilt of her weapon.

Beside the group, a sudden streak of purple raced out from the water and ended in a brilliant flash. The mix of magenta, violet and midnight spat out a man in a red coat, bubble-esc helmet, and damp light armor and clothing. Katunich quickly got up to his feet, brushing off any dirt that was made into mud by the lingering water. "Well now," he started simply. "I wasn't expecting to get so thoroughly soaked in such a dusty place, but I suppose that is par for the course when it comes to ancient ruins. Then again, ancient is a relative term and these aren't quite ruins...yet. Funny, the dampness bothers me more than the time travel."

He examined the party assembled. Sevestre and Kota remained - thank the Traveler the boy hadn't drowned - but a few newcomers had been added. Given the nature of their clothing, they weren't native to the time period, or the planet for that matter. The first wore a mixture of red cloth, black leathers and other archaic adventuring garb items, but the weapon obscured by her cloak betrayed her more esoteric origins, as did the strange material his ghost was detecting on or in her person.
There was also the barbarian warrior, strikingly bare besides a pair of pants, boots and a single bandage strap. While she could feasibly be from the local era, Katunich was unconvinced. The Collapse had not left humanity with much, and its records of history were quite spotty, but he knew the pouches on her belt could not possibly have hailed from a pre-industrial society. Regardless, he didn't want to be on the receiving end of her blades, though he wondered if Half-Truths could simply slice them in half.

There was also the woman, who, to the naked eye, was as normal as normal could be. Her attire was clearly pre-Collapse, likely from the early Golden Age or prior to. However, his ghost could again detect energy signatures that were only possible with an Exo or another type of very streamlined robot. It paid to have a magic supercomputer for a best friend, Katunich thought to himself, gratefully. At a glance, she didn't seem as warm as most Exos did, despite looking much more human. Something behind those eyes was missing, somehow. One could pass that off as trauma, discouragement, pain beyond the limits of human humor to cope with, if one didn't know better.

Then, the armored ghoul. Within its armor, he felt a similar burning chill to that of Oryx's Taken, or other Hive magicks. Whatever gave the armor and its occupant animation was certainly dark, but given how Katunich had heard Hive magicks were being used against the enemies of the City at times recently, he couldn't quite judge the warrior's character yet.
There was also a second armored warrior, this one reminding him more of a resurrector than the resurrected. It took restraint for the warlock not to draw his hand cannon on the man, the darkness so pungent, pressing against the borders of his Light-attuned arcane senses. He had not made a move yet however, and was likely involved in Kota's continued survival, so Katunich did not seek to punish him for uncommitted crimes.

Finally, the man in a white suit was perhaps the strangest one of all. Not overtly of either light or darkness - like the gleam of moonlight over a night sky. The man was only a conduit, like Guardian and ghost made into one, with a particularly potent patron behind him. Peculiar, more and more peculiar. As he opened his mouth to speak, a single memory came racing through his thoughts. Crunch. Blood leaking. The gore of a human head, split in twain. The woman, fleeing for her life, had died. What a Guardian he was. "The woman didn't make it. Damn it..." he said, looking back at the pool of water. "...what exactly is happening? Why are the sewers of Rome so full of strange death traps? And did anyone find or kill those damn wolf cultists yet?"

~~GM~~

"All valid questions," Moon Knight commented to Kat, "but I think we should answer all them as best we can on the move. We gotta get our bearings and figure out where exactly we are. Can you help--" Right as Moon Knight turned to Nux, the portal he and the others from Pathfinder traveled through was closed in an instant. At least Kat and co got a good look at him before he left... with the black crystal.

"Uh oh..." Moon Knight remarked, since that's probably not good. "Uhhh... Alright, well leeeeeeeet's go this way!" It took a moment of spinning around the room to find an exit, but Moon Knight found a tunnel they could go through and pointed towards it like a man leading the way with a compass. He took several steps the right direction, then smacked his face right into the old stone wall besides the tunnel and fell flat backwards. "........ ow." He meekly called out from the floor.

He wasn't quite 100% yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1690827192278.png

Whoever took the lead besides him, (because why would you trust him to do that right now,) the tunnel would lead them further through old ruins, before the brickwork then started to become newer. It was smooth and still retained its original color, and the smell would start to clear out by fresh air. The tunnel ended at a ladder, which took them up to the entrance. It was a small, concrete rectangle with an iron gate, with the initials 'S.P.Q.R' engraved above. Unlocking it would be easy, it looked rusted enough to just kick open. It was located in another old part of Rome, but one that overlooked the Tiber, the river that separated the city of Rome itself, and the Vatican buildings that were still under construction in this period of human history.

Finally, the sewer team was free from the underground, with the wolf cultists never appearing in their short trip, while the Pathfinder group would inform them of what exactly was going on, and how they got here. An AI kidnapping people from across the multiverse, either entrapping them inside large space stations, like the one they took over in a surprise attack, of if they're lucking, being thrown around world to world for whatever reason the AI had. The machine was starting up conflicts on dozens of worlds by manipulating kingdoms, empires or worlds into fighting each other, while it and its robotic army harvested entire planets and stars behind the scenes. The reason still being unknown to them.

They were looking for someone, The Doctor, who was searching for the AI with them, and the dark stranger in the dark portal, Nux, said he was here in this city somewhere. Moon Knight had brought the strange crystal from his own world, and the pieces seemed connected together by their strange power. But with it taken, finding the Doctor was now going to be much harder.

It wouldn't give them many answers, but it would hopefully satisfy their confusion as to what had happened to them. If they find the Doctor, they could get off this world, and maybe send the sewer team back to their worlds if they wanted. They just needed a plan for where to start first. "Alright," Moon Knight spoke up first, walking up to the edge of the overlook to take in the full view of Renaissance Rome, "So who here's got an idea? Any idea, doesn't matter if it's good or bad, just something to get us thinking."

Reactions: Apothecary Bruce
L'Arathras

While waiting for Thea's answer, Rath took a good look at his new crew. His first concern was that the residents of the Pathfinder he knew had been replaced for the most part, the second were the new faces. Would they be up to this task and not have their blood shed? He sighed, as he had no way of knowing. Though he could feel the familiar sensation of undeath nearby, but he considered that question rather personal. "Hey, stranger, are you an undead?" A tough question indeed. He'd have to ask eventually if he wanted to help his allies through support, even if that has never been his strong suit.

Back to the group, he noticed one of them laying on the ground, sporting a Moon-themed armor at first glance, or something similar at least. Rath was moments away from asking if the guy needed help when he started seizing. He made his way over to him, in an attempt to assess the issue the white-robed warrior was having. But he came to be on his own, taking a mouthful of air loudly, as if he was just taken out of stormy waters. As he somewhat composed himself and spoke, Rath took notice of the attire change. Now it looked more like a vest suit that humans wear in some worlds at a certain points. Sleek and professional. It was very pleasing to the eye.

He tried standing, but it was clear he was still having issues controlling his body. "Could he be concussed or something?" Rath pondered as he held him firmly by the shoulders to prevent him from falling down the hole "Easy there..." He said, but the guy was on a mission to injure himself somehow. A few spins was all it took for him to fall on his face. He recovered, but had Rath doubtful of his mental state. Especially so with his chat about "Jake and Marc" "Dissociative Identity Disorder in the middle of a... Can you even fight? If not, you should have stayed in the Pathfinder... I'd say along with the teen, but looks can be deceiving". Rath stated as he gestured to the kid, frustrated that the poor guy who can't even fight even though his appearance would suggest otherwise was brought along into battle. That said, his voice was one of concern.

"-Don't... Push the guy, please... Miss." Rath stated as he got between the two, his body and spread arms sideways separating them in an attempt to defuse this as smoothly as possible, and without violence. Speaking of, he took note of the giant hammer the bare breasted lady was holding. She was one of strength, and an attitude to match, she was a good one... Or so he hoped.

Rath took a moment to take a deeper look on each of his new allies who he hasn't yet. From the ones above, aside from Thea, the clumsy suited-up guy and the hammer lady, there was another woman... Perhaps young girl would be more accurate?. She didn't look very imposing, but she did seem to have some semblance of battle experience. She hid a weapon under her cloak. By what little Rath managed to see of it, it seemed very advanced and had a lot of parts... Guns weren't really that well known to him, so he left it at that. As for the ones he gave a lift, there was the teen, whom on closer inspection was out of his depth, too. More so than the other two, both magic users, but of completely different worlds. They both held a fighting spirit to them, or at least to defend themselves should they need to.

The DID guy tried to guide them again, and immediately failing. He picked the masked man up and stated "I'll lead the way, friend" as he dusted off his suit. As they walked, Rath heard the whole of their story, which... "So nothing has changed, huh? That's sad. I'm glad you people managed to take a station from them, at least. The ship was getting crowded." He chuckled inwardly "By the way, Since the only one who might know me is Thea, allow me to introduce myself to the rest. When I was a human, my name was Agam. But another of the world travelers, one with less noble intentions than ours, mortally wounded me. With no hope to survive, I turned to the undeath, offering my servitude to reap souls as a Dullahan. Agam died, L'Arathras was... "born". I know that's kind of a mouthful, so Rath or Arath will do. I'm oversimplifying for the sake of time, but that's my story. I've been a Soul Reaper for a couple of years now, since time flows differently in most worlds, I am not sure how long I've been gone... Let's leave it at that for now. We got more important things to think of right now" He said, as he picked himself up before going on a tangent of his "life" as a Soul Reaper or something.

When they came to the gate, Rath took a look at it, grabbed it, and easily ripped it off its hinges. The hinges also fell apart, it was a miracle that gate was still standing. The dullahan set it aside and moved on. Moon Knight(?) came back to the conversation asking for suggestions. Rath pondered on it for a moment, before stating "I'd say we split into teams to cover more ground... But unless you have a way we can communicate from a distance, we'd be exposing ourselves to danger"

Last edited:
dc1za1u-7f7ccb07-f104-463f-a9c4-a52926af06d1.pngWhile Ruby had every intention of helping whomever up the rope… she sucks at climbing ropes and all… she had yet another surprise there. Much of the group seemed to be skipping using the rope at all. Well isn't that convenient. Now pushing herself to her feet, she takes a few steps back. At this moment perhaps the best thing she can do is stay out of their way. Her silver eyes move towards Erin, making sure she's doing okay with the anchor. But it seems it is no longer needed.

Another step back is taken, allowing her a moment to assess the immediate.
There is a lot going on at this moment, isn't there?

A frown finds itself upon her features. She was out of her element BEFORE that whole black crystal thing. But now… this is a whole other level. Since she doesn't have anything productive she can add, Ruby takes another small step back. As if to get out of everyone's way. But her small body would jump a little when… Moon Knight?… is suddenly on his feet. He scared the crap out of her.. and she's already on edge. But as she stares at him warily…. wow he has a new suit? Was the other one… like… in disrepair? And now it's fixed? No. No it's something more. His tone was different. The voice the same, but not the same.
This guy is weird.
But who among the group could she not say that about.

She is in way over her head. As she starts to look around, she is barely able to 'hear' the conversations or happenings around her. Her mind is suddenly overwrought with anxiety. She wants to go home. She wants to sleep in her bed. She wants to be back with her family. She shouldn't be here. She just wants to wake up from this awful dream.
The group starts to move, Ruby blinks out of her daydream and is quick to move with the group. But she remains close to Thea and Erin, the only ones she met before. Well… Moon Knight too, but now.. she isn't sure about him. She does draw her hood up, and her cloak closes around her as she moves with them. As if she were trying to hide herself under the red and black material. And maybe moreso as Rath 'explains' who or what he is. Just staring at him with a blank gaze as she follows, hopelessly lost while trying to follow his story. All of that can't be true, can it?
Rath at the lead, the group moves into the newer(?) area, it's then Moon Knight asks for suggestions, followed by Rath. Under her cloak, her eyes widen and she raises her hand. And then realizes that's dumb. She moves closer to the front of the group as she speaks, her shimmering eyes looking out along the horizon as best she can see. "If there's… ya know… tall places 'round us, I can get up in one of 'em and get a lay of the land." Now she moves to stand in front of the group, her back to them as she looks over the burgeoning city "I can even get pictures of the layout for us.. make a lil map with my Scroll. And I have a scope if we're lookin for something specific." She then half turns towards them, her face only partly seen from under her cloak "I mean if ya want. I don't.. really know what else I can do…"

The blow that opened the grate had been sufficient. It had also been sufficient to break the skin in several places on her forearms and bruises form under the skin. It registers to her as only cosmetic damage. At first Thea waits for those below to climb out and to need assistance. But as it happens, Thea watches it become unnecessary, and she steps back.

"Agam." Thea registers the face of the young man that appears to take the place of one who had their home recall them. "You have returned. Welcome back." She gives him a smile, and she is aware that it is not necessary. They had not had any meaningful interaction before his departure. Another anomaly in her programming. She would have The Doctor check her systems if they ever return to the new station.

As the group moves along and their overall situation relayed, Thea analyzes the group to have an estimation of their collective firepower and capabilities. The estimation was scant, given the limited data, but it would build in time.

"I have a lead on The Doctor. We need to find a box that does not belong here. I infer that The Doctor is inside this anomalous box, or it is a means to where they are being held. I advise against dividing our unit. Threat factors are unknown. I suggest those able to navigate the roofs of the city follow those who cannot as they walk below being prepared to reinforce. Next location should be the marketplace, the location with the most boxes." Thea rattles off to the group, her tone even and eyes unblinking.

Sevestre

Sevestre needed a moment to focus himself. The new surroundings and hectic sequence of events demanded as much from him if he was to understand the situation properly. According to the summary provided by a member of the new group that he would have to properly analyze at a later time, there was some sort of machine messing with worlds of all kinds, and a Doctor that is presumably the closest to locating said machine is in this place. The only way to reliably return to their respective worlds was to assist in this endeavor.

The Sharlayan man could feel a headache coming on in response to this. Still, he has no reason to go off on his own, and his chances of survival are highest when in a group. Adding to that the fact that some even know what they're doing, and Sevestre has no reason to refuse them his assistance, a fact he would have to begrudgingly accept.

After waiting a moment to hear what others had to say, the young red girl with the scythe and the woman wearing the studded belt and gloves had ideas that could work together.

"If all we need to do is find a box that looks out of place, then the girl would have the best chance to find it. Otherwise we would spend more time than necessary searching an unfamiliar city on foot."

~~GM~~

"I can join her," Moon Knight told everyone after Sevestre spoke, "better to have more eyes than two up on the roofs here. Rome's a big place... I-If you've never been, of course... Until now, that is," he clarified, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Finding a market's gonna be easy though. Too easy. It'll take us forever to search through them all, the city probably has dozens." Not to mention, it was clear they were in the most populated section of the city as well.

"But, one thing at a time. Best we get a move on and find our bearings." No use in standing around when they had work to do.

---------------------------------------

a5c1c25efca9684e4b9d8968d2bfbae9.jpg

Even with the likes of Thea and Agam (or L'Arathras, I guess,) who had been traveling across the multiverse for a while now, they would be hard-pressed to not be awed by the magnificence of Rome in the golden years of the Renaissance. The buildings were decorated with flags and ornate moldings made from different brick to compliment the pilasters, separated by orders based upon classical Greek and Roman architecture.

The roofs were covered in bright red barrel tiles, reaching out just beyond the string courses and pediments, seemed perfectly aligned with each other in height and width to compliment the wonder of such elaborate construction. Even when they passed by buildings that were larger than others, they had a sense of symmetrical precision that came from days, or weeks, or even years of study, practice and mathematical refinement to obtain such refined structural harmony. This was a city made for the thinkers. The ones embracing new ideas of philosophy, art, construction, military strategy, religion, and scientific learning, all brought about by centuries of humanity being stuck in a dark age of such bold thinking.

But, as beautiful as the city was, there was no denying the underlying feeling of dread to it as well. A sense that it was a shadow of what it could be, like the Pathfinder team saw when arriving. The people they passed by, while in the dozens, talked amongst themselves in hushed tones. The streets themselves were dirty and unkempt, covered in waste from passing horses, trash like old hay and broken ceramics, and dirty rain water that gave off a gross smell. Some of the houses were even boarded up, and had been for so long, the boards were starting to fall off onto the streets.

And the guards that passed them were equal to the number of citizens. They wore red armored uniforms, with some carrying swords, others pikes. A few were dressed in such heavy mail, they wielded axes, and stood well over a foot taller than their counterparts. These men marched through the roads like they owned them. If someone were to give these guards a bad look, they would be sure to bully them into complicity. And they certainly didn't like the look of the teammates who traveled on the ground. Erin in particular, seeing her only covered in a dirty clothe as unbecoming a woman within this city. Each one they passed was dressed in large attires and long skirts, but Erin was dressed more like a soldier herself. It was most unorthodox.

At least Thea, L'Arathras and Sevestre could blend in enough to not arouse suspicion. Kota kinda stood out from his pink hoodie, but it wasn't too bad. He could hide behind Kat, who may be convincing enough to pass as some sort of merc in his current clothing. As for Moon Knight and Rose, they were both safe from any scrutiny below by the travels above. Thanks to the symmetry of the buildings, free running across the roofs was actually quite easy to do. The trouble came from guards that watched the streets from above. One for every four to five rooftops they moved across; wielding crossbows or very early firearms, the first time such weapons had been produced for an army.

The tallest building to them was The Pantheon of Rome itself, located right in the center of the Centro District. The ground team could make their way to the fountain, but the entrance to the building was blocked off by a dozen guards, while the roofs surrounding it were also being watched by crossbowmen and arquebusiers.

Last edited:
Kota Mizuhara [#ff8a8a]

Kota hesitated before taking off his still fairly wet hoodie from their time in the sewer, shivering at the stinging cold that it brought him. He had always gotten easily cold after all...

He wrapped it around his waist, careful not to drop his blade as he started rubbing his arms to try and get some warmth into them before looking around at the others hesitantly and stepping behind them to try and hide, looking at the guards nervously and mumbling under his breath.

He looked around curiously before his eyes settled on the Pantheon and widened as he stepped towards it as if in a trance. The Pantheon!? As in, Rome!? He had thought they were in some kind of prop room, but he was beginning to hesitate...appearing in a sewer, being in a life-sized replica of Rome!? What kind of sick, twisted reality TV show game was this!?

1692749042937.pngWhile Kota was gawking at the surrounding city, he would unfortunately walk right into the path of a patrolling guard within the Pantheon district; smashing into each other's shoulders. While it knocked the guard off balance for a moment, Kota would have enough force push against him to fall to the ground.

"You STUPID little shit!" The guard yelled at Kota upon realizing who bumped into him. "You enjoy disrupting the peace?!" He quickly tried grabbing Kota by his shirt with both hands and lift him up off the ground. "I have two robberies and four murders, unresolved. Perhaps if I remove your tongue and say you are guilty, I get promoted," three other guards then began to form around Kota, aiding in intimidating the young man,

"Disturbing our peace isn't very wise, amico... it can easily become an issue, yes? I hate it when you brainless contadini act tough like this... disturbing our nice, quiet, rouse. Next time, we put you in the ground!" One threatened him, trying to slap the young man in the back of the head as hard as possible.

Katunich had stuck close with Kota, after the lack of answers he received. Deeming his new compatriots a frosty bunch - or maybe just pre-occupied with their comrade, who clearly was suffering from sort of disorder, as pointed out - he had simply done what he did best, guard. Though he'd extend his protection to the rest of the group when the time came, he had stuck close to Kota - the young boy being the one most in need of active watch.

It was clear he wasn't from a time of hardship, like the others or himself. Judging from his style of speaking, lacking any of the slushed mass accent of the City or any hardly pierceable survivor clan dialect, as well as his clothing, he was from the early Golden Age, or even before they found the Traveler. It was also possible there was no Traveler in his universe. Things were getting stranger and stranger, so he opted to soak in the city around him.

It was beautiful, everything he had ever hoped to see. He was reminded of the City, but he knew Rome was an important milestone in human civilization. He couldn't quite peg when in Rome's timeline this was, in its peak or past it, but it was plenty gorgeous anyways. In the middle of a scholarly renaissance as well, it was almost too perfect. He had half a mind to ask the others to leave him, so he could live his life soaking in the history of humanity from ground zero.
Still, he was scholar second, Guardian first. Clearly, he was here for a reason, and he'd discover what that reason was eventually. The Traveler made no accidents...he hoped.

Then, Kota collided with the guard. Internally, Kat chided himself, he was too busy taking in the sights to stop Kota from making that foolish mistake.
"Gentlemen," he would begin, sliding himself into the growing circle of guards, standing next to Kota. "My friend here was merely dumbstruck by the city around him. Though he was born here, he's lived most his life in surrounding towns - I humbly ask you don't ruin his homecoming?" Though he bore no visible weapon - besides Half-Truths, still deactivated and slung across his back - Katunich was well capable of using his Light. He had no intention of killing any of them - he hated having to kill humans - but he could scare them. A snap of lightning, a ring of fire? The consuming power of Void would likely just make them believe he was some sort of demon, so it would likely be best to stick the powers people tended to respect more.

When the moment comes that Ruby realizes they were taking her seriously… one would glean a look of unbelieving across her young features. Literally most of them are strangers to her, not even knowing her name. Nor does she know their names. So it's quite surprising they would be so quick to accept her suggestion. Pleasantly so, really.

Sevestre speaks aloud, saying that it would be a good idea for Ruby to go scouting. The look of disbelief is there, but it is quick to fade as her mind starts working. Moving towards the front of her group, her shoulders are slumped upwards as she quietly says to each person she passes. "Excuse me, pardon me." Now standing at the front of the group, she looks out at the landscape. Wow, this place is awesome looking. Her eyes befall the Pantheon, and it is a most impressive structure. She squints a little, plotting herself a course to get started. Ruby would glance to Thea a moment and nods. "Box that doesn't belong prolly in the market. Got it." she gives Thea a thumbs up, and she turns once more to face the landscape.
"aaaaand" she says, looking towards Sevestre as she smiles widely. "M'name is Ruby Rose… not 'girl', please. And it's very nice to meet you all." Her tone is actually polite, more of a correction of fact and not as much as feeling insulted. Over her slim shoulder does she look presently towards Moon Knight… very unsure whether or not he could keep up. But she nods in his direction, always more than willing to allow someone to give things a try before making judgement.
Eyes look back out, and in a burst of red her Semblence activates. She is gone in a sliver of red, swirling and dancing as it dashes along the ground. In her wake, fluttering red colored flower petals. These petals dissipating after just a moment or so. The streak of red avoids areas where people emerge, seeming able to turn 90degrees without slowing whatsoever. Then bounding upwards, it is lifted into the air and onto the rooftops. Seeming to not touch the red rounded tiles of the rooftops, she moves far faster than most would be able to.
e17658166d7cfcf0008e1e3140320f181e36bcd8_hq.jpg
She is about 3 blocks away from the group when she suddenly lands, reforming herself and dropping to one knee. She leans down as she stays on the rooftop, spotting one of the guards ahead of her. She keeps herself hidden on the opposite side of the roof, ensuring she is not in his line of sight. "oooooh maaaaan" she whispers. Her gaze then sweeps along the rest of the rooftops, following the path she would like to take directly to the Pantheon. But.. more guards. Some armed. Now… these armed guards would be easy picking for Ruby in any number of ways. But to take them out, she is afraid that would alert the other guards. Thereby endangering their scouting trip, thereby endangering the rest of the team. Her being unaware they have already been confronted by a guard.

So, one at a time she shall confront this. Watching the guard closest to her, the moment his line of sight is away from her she is on her way. In a slipstream of red and roses she moves along the rooftop. And after she passes, the guard slowly turns back to where Ruby was. Zooming along the rooftop, she nears another guard. Continuing to move, she watches him and waits for her opportunity. But… that guard suddenly starts to turn towards her direction. With a soft "eeep!" sound she veers and goes over the edge of the rooftop. But… just as she disappears over the ledge, she reforms and grabs the edge of the rooftop. She dangles there by one hand, catching her breath and swaying gently side to side. Okay… this won't be as easy as she thought..

~~GM~~

"'Homecoming?'" The guard questioned Kat, before releasing Kota with a forceful shove to push him back into the ground. Maybe it was because Kat wasn't aware of this time period in his Earth's existence, or maybe it's because the guards were less than open minded about immigrants from outside the Italian states, but the idea of Kota being born from here didn't exactly help.

"This cazzo was born here? Ha! This slant-eyed pezzo di merda probably stowawayed on some silk trader's ship. If he was born under any Italian flag, then I'm the fucking pope!" The guard told Kat with a thick layer of sarcasm by the end of his sentence. "And he's probably taking you for a sucker! Take my advice, keep his kind down by the docks with the merchant boats, or he'll end up hanging from the gallows like all the other troublemakers." The guard then pointed to across the Pantheon concourse was a large, quickly built wooden gallows, where the bodies of those hung were still hanging from the nooses around their necks.

One was of particular interest, at least to this group, as five people hung there lifelessly. Four looked to be commoners of the city, but the last one was dressed more lavishly, like a Bard. He had blue and purple pinstripes along his outfit, along with a particularly curly mustache and pointy beard. He also seemed to be a 'scattered' like the rest of them, caught up in whatever crime fit with such a barbaric punishment. "The clown was caught stealing from a guard," the guard mentioned to the lavish hanging man, confusing him as a Jester... Or he was, depending on how you view Bards. "And he wasn't from around here either. So if you outsiders wanna keep making problems with us, just keep in mind the Borgia will only 'tolerate' so much." Even if Kota was from Rome, the guard's bias wouldn't let him accept it.

There was something strange about the Bard. If they felt like analyzing the hanging corpse.

-----------------------------------

Ruby's quick instincts worked in avoiding the rooftop guard, but as she hung there along the edge, she wasn't quite quick enough to avoid his curiosity. She would hear his footsteps slowly approach her, until he was right above her. At first, he thought the sound was a bird flying past him, which is why he was staring off into the sky.

Then he looked down, curious about the streets below. Only to see a young woman in red dangling perilously from the ground. "What the--" he muttered, before reaching for his rifle. "Get up here! The roofs are no place for children--"

BONK!

The thudding sound of metal against metal then echoed, before the guard almost toppled off the roof. Thankfully, Moon Knight quickly grabbed his armor and pulled him back before that happened, setting him down on the roof gently as can be. Also thankfully, the commotion didn't startle the other guards, who were still busy watching the streets below.

"Oof, that was close~" Mr. Knight sighed in relief. He clattered the guard over the head with one of his trucheons just before poor Ruby was thrown off. Or shot. "Mind slowing down for me? You're a bit too fast for me to keep up with," Knight asked her, before reaching down his hand to pull her back up. Bless the kid, but as powerful as the Avatar of Konshu was, he didn't have the super speed like she did. He had to parkour his way up here the old fashion way. And you try doing that in a suit.

Presently the young lady would grin impishly to herself as she dangles there from the edge of the rooftop, looking upwards. Looking down now she takes in her options. Well she still has to get to the top of that bigger building. Her sense of direction (surprisingly) keeps her aware as to which direction she is to go from here.

And something out of the corner of her eyes diverts that attention. A shadow emerging from the rooftoop. A man's armored head partially blocking out a sun hanging in the sky. Ruby's eyes widen with surprise as he speaks, and she immediately lets out a little "eeep!" Muscles in her legs and arms tense as she prepares to push off of the roof and avoid the inevitable bit of offense he would bring towards her. And then abruptly, the look upon Ruby's features shift. They shift to mirror the confusion upon the man's face.

Ruo003 (219).jpgShe is watching his eyes, and they roll into the back of his head as his large armored form begins to lean forward. A moment of indecision, and Ruby closes her eyes tightly and curls up as best she can while still hanging off the roof. She is expecting him to fall on her. At which time she could go with the momentum and actually get away. Might hurt, but she is assured an escape. But that plan never is able to be put into practice.
His lumbering body seems to stop mid-decscent, and then Moon Knight's form is revealed behind the now unconscious man. Or… is it Mr. Knight now? A wide smile now replaces the look of confusion, a gaze of genuine relief. With a grunt her hand shoots out towards his and she uses her feet to scale the wall as she is pulled up. Now on the roof proper with him, she takes a few deep breaths and nods. She then looks back up to him "oh oh sorry about that… used ta scoutin on my own." Her smile drawing into a more apologetic one. Her gaze moves now more towards the path she thinks she has to go. Are there more guards now on the rooftops or is she just noticing the multitude of guards now? "Okay, Mr. Knight."

A quick aside… she isn't calling him 'Mr. Knight' because that is the proper nomenclature for this iteration of Marc Spector. It's more of her being polite, thinking that his true last name is 'Knight'.

Going back to the scene… Ruby continues. "Ya can move as fast as me." She reaches out and grasps his hand, smiling more widely now "Just breath normal, kay?" Those observing the pair would next see Mr. Knight and Ruby Rose engulfed in a stream of a swirling red streamer and a thinner ribbon, the color of eggshell, ragged and gently glowing. The red and glowing ribbon swirl around one another as together they move along the rooftops at a very high speed, a trail of dissipating rose petals in their wake.

The red part of the swirling energies resembles the cloak Ruby wears, and the other bears resemblance to the wrappings an ancient God would use in the Middle East, perhaps for a Pharaoh. And the glow, it almost seems to be soft enough to be the glow of the moon.

Mr. Knight's perceptions would seem heightened to such a degree the world around him seems to be moving far more slowly than it should be. The peripherals of his vision would be filled with swirling rose petals, and he would have a weightless sensation the whole of the time. In fact as they move, a guard would notice them and start to raise his rifle towards them. But the barrel of the rifle barely gets halfway up into the air before they pass him. The guard seeming in slow motion. From rooftop to rooftop they bound together, zipping between the posted guards. The pattern they move in is erratic, as if anticipating long range fire from somewhere. Flowing upwards then off of one of the rooftops, the Pantheon is now where they would land. On the ledge at first, and then flowing right up the dome itself. And when they are at the highest point, Mr. Knight would find himself once more… himself. Rose petals scatter around them, and suddenly Ruby is kneeling in front of him with her rifle aiming outwards and down towards the city proper. She looks through the high powered scope of her rifle, looking for an area that resembles a market place, or a gathering point of some kind. "Help me find it!" She says, knowing the jig is up and assuming they will be swarmed soon. Assuming. "I dunno what kinds of.. things… stuff this place has, so the quicker we can find this the better!"

Thea places a hand on Kota's shoulder and gives a single reassuring squeeze. Turning his head, he would be greeted with as warm a smile a cybernetic organism is able to express without being able to emote with her eyes.

"Do not take that personally. Human prejudice is a daily occurrence in this time period. Good job, you and everyone else-" she looks around at the rest of the group present, stopping at Katunich to give him a thumbs up. "-you kept your calm and de-escalated the situation. Now excuse me, that dead man is also an anomaly. I will investigate." She walks across the court, navigating the crowd with a quick ease. Thea stands at the gallows, scanning the hanged man for anything anomalous. It would be better if she could stand on the gallows to physically examine him, but given a guard became hostile over a simple shoulder bump, it was best to not invite unwanted attention by attempting that.

Not that Thea was inconspicuous staring at a dead body while wearing red and white clothing with a Coca-Cola hat, but she would procure more period appropriate attire when the chance next presents itself.

L'Arathras

"Unusual box, huh?..." The Dullahan pondered out loud "You mean the TARDIS, Thea?" he asked the gynoid, though by the time he asked, she ran off to do something else. When the mage endorsed the young lady's idea, it caught up to Rath. Summoning his helmet to his head again, hiding his fascination with the peculiar way of flying the girl had. Against his better judgment, he didn't stop Moon Knight from following her. That said, his skillfull display of acrobatics shown as he climbed and traversed rooftops off-sight.

This Rome place had certainly seen better days. It stunk of disarray and corruption. This was only further confirmed when a group of guards, oozing arrogance from every filthy pore of theirs, threatened the group's teen. The fellow knight stepped in in order to not get things escalated, which was great, his effort gave them a bit more breathing room before these streets were no longer safe for them. Not that they were safe for the locals, but that's a different subject.

Once he saw a small gap with no nearby guards or civilians passing by, Rath cleared his throat "Folks, a moment?" asking for a bit of attention from his new teammates. "I'll go see the others, and keep us communicated." He then seemed to address someone else "Raum? Could you stay in the boy's shadow and help the knight keep an eye on him?" A different voice, a gravelly one that didn't resemble Rath's at all responded "You know, for a magical geezer, you sure forget the magic word a lot..." The undead's palm met his face "... Please?" he asked, mildly irritated "Hawha! You got it! You also want me to keep us able to talk, right? Worry not haw! Your old pal Raum will give you a wing!" Almost as soon as he finished, a shadow quickly dragged from Rath's shadow, to Kota's. "As for me, I'll be talking to you through Raum. Hopefully we'll meet up again soon." Then, after another check of not being seen by neither the law, nor the common folk, Rath walked into an abandoned alley. His figure soon turned jet black, and his body dissolved into a murder of crows, all of them scattering across the city. Going to several vantage points, checking on multiple spots for this so called "out of place box".

One of the crows that scattered headed to the top of the Pantheon, since it was the best vantage point. And right there it spotted two familiar figures. The crow landed next to the young girl and Moon Knight. Looking up at them, the bird spoke up "It's me, L'Arathras. Have you found anything yet?"

Last edited:
Presently the young lady would grin impishly to herself as she dangles there from the edge of the rooftop, looking upwards. Looking down now she takes in her options. Well she still has to get to the top of that bigger building. Her sense of direction (surprisingly) keeps her aware as to which direction she is to go from here.

And something out of the corner of her eyes diverts that attention. A shadow emerging from the rooftoop. A man's armored head partially blocking out a sun hanging in the sky. Ruby's eyes widen with surprise as he speaks, and she immediately lets out a little "eeep!" Muscles in her legs and arms tense as she prepares to push off of the roof and avoid the inevitable bit of offense he would bring towards her. And then abruptly, the look upon Ruby's features shift. They shift to mirror the confusion upon the man's face.

View attachment 244428She is watching his eyes, and they roll into the back of his head as his large armored form begins to lean forward. A moment of indecision, and Ruby closes her eyes tightly and curls up as best she can while still hanging off the roof. She is expecting him to fall on her. At which time she could go with the momentum and actually get away. Might hurt, but she is assured an escape. But that plan never is able to be put into practice.
His lumbering body seems to stop mid-decscent, and then Moon Knight's form is revealed behind the now unconscious man. Or… is it Mr. Knight now? A wide smile now replaces the look of confusion, a gaze of genuine relief. With a grunt her hand shoots out towards his and she uses her feet to scale the wall as she is pulled up. Now on the roof proper with him, she takes a few deep breaths and nods. She then looks back up to him "oh oh sorry about that… used ta scoutin on my own." Her smile drawing into a more apologetic one. Her gaze moves now more towards the path she thinks she has to go. Are there more guards now on the rooftops or is she just noticing the multitude of guards now? "Okay, Mr. Knight."

A quick aside… she isn't calling him 'Mr. Knight' because that is the proper nomenclature for this iteration of Marc Spector. It's more of her being polite, thinking that his true last name is 'Knight'.

Going back to the scene… Ruby continues. "Ya can move as fast as me." She reaches out and grasps his hand, smiling more widely now "Just breath normal, kay?" Those observing the pair would next see Mr. Knight and Ruby Rose engulfed in a stream of a swirling red streamer and a thinner ribbon, the color of eggshell, ragged and gently glowing. The red and glowing ribbon swirl around one another as together they move along the rooftops at a very high speed, a trail of dissipating rose petals in their wake.

The red part of the swirling energies resembles the cloak Ruby wears, and the other bears resemblance to the wrappings an ancient God would use in the Middle East, perhaps for a Pharaoh. And the glow, it almost seems to be soft enough to be the glow of the moon.

Mr. Knight's perceptions would seem heightened to such a degree the world around him seems to be moving far more slowly than it should be. The peripherals of his vision would be filled with swirling rose petals, and he would have a weightless sensation the whole of the time. In fact as they move, a guard would notice them and start to raise his rifle towards them. But the barrel of the rifle barely gets halfway up into the air before they pass him. The guard seeming in slow motion. From rooftop to rooftop they bound together, zipping between the posted guards. The pattern they move in is erratic, as if anticipating long range fire from somewhere. Flowing upwards then off of one of the rooftops, the Pantheon is now where they would land. On the ledge at first, and then flowing right up the dome itself. And when they are at the highest point, Mr. Knight would find himself once more… himself. Rose petals scatter around them, and suddenly Ruby is kneeling in front of him with her rifle aiming outwards and down towards the city proper. She looks through the high powered scope of her rifle, looking for an area that resembles a market place, or a gathering point of some kind. "Help me find it!" She says, knowing the jig is up and assuming they will be swarmed soon. Assuming. "I dunno what kinds of.. things… stuff this place has, so the quicker we can find this the better!"

L'Arathras

"Unusual box, huh?..."
The Dullahan pondered out loud "You mean the TARDIS, Thea?" he asked the gynoid, though by the time he asked, she ran off to do something else. When the mage endorsed the young lady's idea, it caught up to Rath. Summoning his helmet to his head again, hiding his fascination with the peculiar way of flying the girl had. Against his better judgment, he didn't stop Moon Knight from following her. That said, his skillfull display of acrobatics shown as he climbed and traversed rooftops off-sight.

This Rome place had certainly seen better days. It stunk of disarray and corruption. This was only further confirmed when a group of guards, oozing arrogance from every filthy pore of theirs, threatened the group's teen. The fellow knight stepped in in order to not get things escalated, which was great, his effort gave them a bit more breathing room before these streets were no longer safe for them. Not that they were safe for the locals, but that's a different subject.

Once he saw a small gap with no nearby guards or civilians passing by, Rath cleared his throat "Folks, a moment?" asking for a bit of attention from his new teammates. "I'll go see the others, and keep us communicated." He then seemed to address someone else "Raum? Could you stay in the boy's shadow and help the knight keep an eye on him?" A different voice, a gravelly one that didn't resemble Rath's at all responded "You know, for a magical geezer, you sure forget the magic word a lot..." The undead's palm met his face "... Please?" he asked, mildly irritated "Hawha! You got it! You also want me to keep us able to talk, right? Worry not haw! Your old pal Raum will give you a wing!" Almost as soon as he finished, a shadow quickly dragged from Rath's shadow, to Kota's. "As for me, I'll be talking to you through Raum. Hopefully we'll meet up again soon." Then, after another check of not being seen by neither the law, nor the common folk, Rath walked into an abandoned alley. His figure soon turned jet black, and his body dissolved into a murder of crows, all of them scattering across the city. Going to several vantage points, checking on multiple spots for this so called "out of place box".

One of the crows that scattered headed to the top of the Pantheon, since it was the best vantage point. And right there it spotted two familiar figures. The crow landed next to the young girl and Moon Knight. Looking up at them, the bird spoke up "It's me, L'Arathras. Have you found anything yet?"
Well, give Mr. Knight a minute, he felt like he just got off a roller coaster after stuffing his face with junk food. That girl's method of fast travel was intense, enough that once she and Knight returned to normal movement and separated, Knight stumbled slightly from the motion sickness. "Whoooooa~" Knight moaned out, waving his hands out in front of himself to gain balance. "Right! Just... Gimme a minute!" He then told Ruby once she asked for help looking around. Not everyone could keep their stomachs intact after something like that.

Ruby's search would be rather difficult, as the plaza before the Pantheon was crowded with people. There were no signs of markets to be had anywhere, not even a vendor. Just soldiers and gallows, like the one Thea was analyzing. Although, she would notice something else of interest the longer she kept searching. Along the far left side of the plaza, where the largest road intersected, a small militia of soldiers came marching through. About two dozen, gathered around a large prisoner carriage, which was pulled by two black horses.

Curiously, though, there was only one person inside the cell, which was big enough to hold ten people. It was a woman, with long blonde hair, and wearing a dirty, torn light blue dress. Her hands were cuffed behind her back, with a steel chain connected to a heavy iron collar to restrict her head and bodily movements. Both in front, and behind the carriage, were men dressed in priest robes. She couldn't hear what they were saying, as they were so far away, but it looked like they were chanting in prayer.

The carriage was brought before the Pantheon, parking right in front of the steps leading inside. The woman would be pulled out by five of the guards, using long metal rodes to poke and stab at her to move out her cell through the bars. Once she was outside, they connected their rods to her collar and force her before the now gathering crowd of onlookers, curious as to what was going on.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" One of the priests, the oldest looking of them, shouted to the crowds to gather their attention. The other priests dressed in dark brown garbs, and each either held a cross, or a bible to offer protection. This older priest, however, wore a garb colored in faded with green streak lines, with a cross of his own dangling from the middle of his robes. "Evil haunts our great città! And it mocks all the good, God-loving values that are the core of our lives!"

As if to humiliate the woman, she is pushed to her knees in front of the crowd, as the Priest gestured to her as the culprit behind his proclamations. "This 'creature' you see before you, adorn in the cloth of a noble courtesan, was found preying on men, women and children of our Holy City! Through her seduction of those who faltered from Gods enlightenment, she had made seductive promises of sins to gain their trust! Only to then strike at them when most vulnerable and feast upon their souls for nourishment of her wicked self!" It was at this point Ruby would notice something about the woman.

She had dragon horns sticking out her blonde hair. With the crowd themselves horrified to see this human woman branded with the horns of a demonic creature. "Such demons like this, sent from the Devil himself, have become festered in this city the further from God's light we stray from! For it is without faith, such damnable roaches, such vile and evil creatures like this, will we see even more merciless creatures like these plague our streets, murder our kin, turn families against each other, and become beasts of the world like the Devil wishes of us! I too know fear, my friends. I am also a slave to the terror his presence breeds! But there is strength in numbers! Let us fight this devil together, let us purge our streets of such evils, and let us bring the light of God into our hearts, before anymore are taken by this demon before us!"

When the priest finished speaking, the crowd was in an uproar. Whether they bought his preaching, or began to gawk at the freak show before them, they were now glued to the sight of this woman. Who was she? Was she truly a demon that roamed the streets?.... Not really.

Reality is, she was a 'scattered,' same as Ruby, Knight, Kota, Kat and Thea. She had done no such murdering, or anything of 'sinful' behavior. She had been taken from her world and put here, found by Borgia guards and imprisoned before she could even be told where she was.

Thea places a hand on Kota's shoulder and gives a single reassuring squeeze. Turning his head, he would be greeted with as warm a smile a cybernetic organism is able to express without being able to emote with her eyes.

"Do not take that personally. Human prejudice is a daily occurrence in this time period. Good job, you and everyone else-" she looks around at the rest of the group present, stopping at Katunich to give him a thumbs up. "-you kept your calm and de-escalated the situation. Now excuse me, that dead man is also an anomaly. I will investigate." She walks across the court, navigating the crowd with a quick ease. Thea stands at the gallows, scanning the hanged man for anything anomalous. It would be better if she could stand on the gallows to physically examine him, but given a guard became hostile over a simple shoulder bump, it was best to not invite unwanted attention by attempting that.

Not that Thea was inconspicuous staring at a dead body while wearing red and white clothing with a Coca-Cola hat, but she would procure more period appropriate attire when the chance next presents itself.
The scans of the dead bard revealed nothing in particular. While his attire was certainly odd in comparison to the other dead commoners hanging in the air, the only noteworthy thing about him was his ring. It was adorned with an Onyx stone, perfectly shaped to look like a triangle, while the ring itself was made from ivory.

It had a trace amount of strange energy emitting from it, but even if she were to grab it, Thea didn't have the tools in hand to study it further. For now, all she had was a confirmation it was anomalous.

"...... Psst," a voice then quietly whispered to her. When she looked up, the bards eyes were staring down at her. "Can you get me down?" The hanging bard asked her politely. "I've been hanging here all day, and I'm losing my mind from the boredom." From the way he phrased it, his hanging had lost its novelty to him

Crack when the Muya Crystal against the shell of the pearl black egg, with every Muya Crystal used the egg grew slightly in size, it was about the size of a common human minivan by that point, properly nurturing the infant within it. "How is it ?" The humanoid Beast Lord asked to a nearby Caretaker, the minivan sized housefly chirped in response.

"The egg is quite healthy, one more crystal and it can properly hatch" Came the reply

Xeir smiled, she was going to be a mother. One more Muya Crystal. She nodded to the Caretaker. Turning she spotted a Moonwolf male standing at the door, the humanoid features of the beast were handsome to behold if one wanted him. But then humans and monster relations were not possible. But it still worked, her first successful teaching on how to mimic humans appearance. She saw the expression on the "man"s face. "Is something wrong ?

"You should see the sky, it does not look correct. I recalled our scouts to the inner floor of the mall. None of us have left since the weird sky color" The Moonwolf said to her.

Then it happened

A jarring crack of energy shook the air with tremendus pressure. Pressure and power she hadnt felt since her own hatching thousands of years before. Lightning stabbed from the heavens above and struck the old parkinglot, sending ruined cars and wandering monsters flying in all directions. Seeing this, Xeir could only think one thing. "Protect the egg!" She crowed, the Caretakers got busy, quickly forming a hard shell as the Moonwolves and Moontigers crowded into the shielded by Caretakers small house inside the ruined Mall.

She ran for the ruined mall doors, only to be stopped from another jarring of lightning and thrown back into a pile of rubble

A good minute of what sounded like a dozen freight trains was going on outside.

Finally it was over. There were no sounds she was used to around her. Her eyes slowly opened, where was she ?

Xeir looked around, she was alone in a field. But where was she ? She got to her feet. slightly dizzy, she never saw the young man take off running to get some soldiers. She cleaned out a ear of dirt sne hasd landed in. A quaint countryside she had never seen before greeted her eyes.

She did a full turn of her body, she was alone, with just her sword on her back. "Ok" She growled softly, "nothing but an open meadow, a road, a group of soldiers running this way, more road, another me... wait.... soldiers ?" Her gaze snapped back towards the dozen men. Oh this wasnt good.

Her vision went dark

That was a week ago.

When the first prods of the poles came it woke her up from her memory, had she been dreaming ? Her eyes looked about. This was not the best of times to be woken so rudely. Forced from the carraige, Xeir looked around before she was forced to stand, and then kneel before a crowd of humans. Her dress had seen better days, but it was easy to repair she just needed a Muya Stone and all would be settled.

She was unable to understand the priest speaking, she knew the Common Language, but this was a strange use of words. As the crowd befcame a uproarius group she had to wonder, did humans invade her territory ? Humans who didnt care of the agreement ? No, these were different, the soldiers never gave her a chance to even ask what day it was. Instead they took one look at her, and someone hit her from behind to knock her senseless.

She looked at the priest, unsure of if the priest was sane or if he simply wanted to kill a monster, what he called a demon, she'd met and destroyed a few demons over that one Muya Crystal so long ago, she snickered. Her a demon, well, some humans could think of Dragons that way.

Her nose twitched. Something smelled like... I smell rice, her eyes scanned the crowd then, where was something that smelled like rice ? In this case, a Muya Crystal smelled like a large bucket or barrel of freshly steamed rice. And this smelled like just that, Italy wasnt exactly known for rice eaters now was it ? Her draconic vision shifted slighty, there! Inside the Pantheon. The smell of rice was strongest inside, why hadnt she smelled it before ? If she could get her claws on that, not only could it feed her, but also repair her clothing easily.

She also smelled something else. Something that smelled oddly familar. Humans, and their technology that she was used to, also something that smelled of meat ? Her stomach growled, ah yes that was right, barely eight hours of sleep and nothing, if that, for breakfast. She couldnt see the guards, but she had a good rest. What sounded like a roars of a beast she simply muttered as she briefly struggled against her binds, "Dumb humans, endangering my egg!" But the priest couldnt understand her words as what came from her mouth sounded like a great beast roaring, just as much as she couldnt understand him. The iron collar kept her held fast, with her hands cuffed behind her back she couldnt really defend herself. Unless she transformed right there, but given that the crowd was almost in a frenzy, and others were simply curious and others marveled at her. She spotted a soldier step into view, ah there was one, of how many ? She only counted five getting her into and out of the carriage. Five putting her inside it, and five forcing her out of it, never seeing the rest or if just the five was it

Her eyes scanned the crowd again, where was the human with technology smell coming from ? in this case, where was the smell of Ruby coming from ? Something besides herself in that city, did not belong there either.

Her stomach growled again,.... her eyes briefly went to the screaming priest working the crowd into a frenzy, he was starting to look tasty the more he screamed, but then she remembered, her Moonwolves and Moontigers always broutght tribute meat on a daily basis for her to eat. But she always had a "Dinner" of a sort with her fellow monsters, she never exactly ate a human per-se.

Last edited:
Sevestre

Ruby Rose... An intriguing young woman. Sevestre held no interest in befriending anyone there, but circumstances dictate that he retains knowledge of their identities, lest he invite ruin upon himself when the need for their assistance arises. Aside from that, it was a good chance to commit their unique abilities to memory. Though pen and parchment would be much easier, he did not make it to his position by having a bad memory. The ability to turn into rose petals and swiftly move about was intriguing. From sight alone it seemed as if she deconstructed herself and reconstituted where she wished. How she was able to see anything in that state was known only to her, but Sevestre would have to save the inquiry for another time. The man in the white cloak was also quite fast. Though he had no special technique to bring him about, Sevestre could assume that the man just was that fast. That man seemed to be assisting Ruby in her task.

Distracted as he was, Sevestre failed to otice his first companions in this land wandering off on their own. Whatever happened seemed to cause trouble. At the same time many things started to happen, and a great many noises seemed to cry out. Hell, there was even some unrelated person shouting out about some sort of evil that had been caught. Sevestre shook his head and simply waited in place. He will only act if needed, and he still needed a moment to recover from his earlier spell. Everyone seemed capable enough to handle their situations. Of course, there was always the possibility things would go out of hand, but if things made it that far, then perhaps they would serve to figure out what not to do.

Her search does not yield results until reaching the dead man's ring: an energy signature with an unknown profile. Thea had just initiated planning to create a distraction to acquire the ring when the supposedly dead man suddenly speaks to her.

This does not affect the stone face of Thea; she looks from him, to around at the crowd. Their attention was being drawn and centered on the front of the Pantheon; a woman was being paraded before the civilians and denounced as a demon. This woman very likely could be a 'demon' as the populace are being told, but unless one of the others felt this was their cause to take on, Thea only sees an opportunity to pursue her lead.

After another look around to confirm no eyes were actively observing her, Thea leaps up onto the gallows scaffold. A dull THUD might alert others to Thea reaching around the Bard to grab the rope and pull it in opposing directions. The rope snaps from the torsion strength Thea applies, freeing the man.

"Your ring. What is this energy I am detecting?" She grabs him by the hand with the ring and holds it up staring into his eyes. The window for this opportunity could be short, Thea would get an answer now or take the ring if he was not obliged to answer; or unable by other circumstances.