The Evrensel Confict -- Prologue: Chapter 1-- The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

The light came forth from Alistia's form again as she changed back into becoming a White Mage, her own connection with the Earth re-established with the changing of the class. However, it was too late for the drowning ones. Part of her wanted to cry out, to insist that she could heal these near-dead back to life. She certainly felt it was within her might to do so, but she was smarter than that. They were badly waterlogged and she couldn't actually clear the water from them even with her connection to it. She was certain that, if she tried, she'd just as likely end up ripping their lungs and stomachs out through their mouths even if the water played perfectly nice and co-operatively with her. And, by the time she could feel her connection fully and firmly again, the Spriggan was interring them. Thanks to the Echo, though she knew not a lick of draconic, she knew exactly what she was saying. A funerary rite.

Alistia held her tongue. She hoped that, if it came time for her, that it would be handled in Eorzean ways, Gridandian ways, but they were not her people. She had no right to interject and demand that they let her handle it in her way. Not that it mattered. Despite arguably being the strongest Conjurer, the only White Mage, in all of Eorzea she was not trained in funerary rites. That had taken a back seat to slaying primals. If this nature spirit knew how to handle it it was better than what she could have done.

Not that she was helpless. With the interment done she raised her own staff, aglow with magic, into the air as she reached out to nature. Her will reached out to that of the worlds and the world responded in kind. The world reached out to that of the miqo'te and the miqo'te responded in kind. Earth, wind, water, infused with the arcane powers of succor, sustenance, filled the space around Alistia in a shimmering dome at least ten or so yards across. Passing in offered no resistance at all yet, within, peace was overflowing and the very air felt ripe with healing. Just being within would be enough to soothe and ease any as the three elements, aided by the arcane magic, would fill and heal any within to restore them to health.

"There. It's not much but that should be enough for anyone hurt. If you need more direct healing just say so."

---

As Lavaetain reached the edge of the water she didn't stop for even a second. She rushed right on forwards as her arms came up and her feet started to kick. Defying every steriotype in existence about fire mages she started to swim at a perfect, well-practiced, and trained manner. As if such a simple survival still which could easily be honed at any beach, river, or pond had not escaped her gaze as she grew up. Or possiby her college had a swimming pool. Either way, she took off swimming in the water and was making decent time.

"Michael! Weird...Thing..." she asked as she stopped and tread water casually. "Don't tell me you don't know how to swim? Michael. You're undead. Do you even need to breath?" she asked before resuming her swimming towards the plume of water.

Alken and Gaeira

"We're fine."
Gaeira ran a damp hand through his hair, flicking cold water off of his gloves. "Thanks in no small part to you." The SOLDIER's eyes flicked over Luer's form for a moment. The man was shivering badly; it was fairly clear that he was close to hypothermia. "You shouldn't have taken such a big risk, stranger; you might've frozen to death if you were with somebody else." Standing up, Gaeira turned towards Alken, who was still coughing and thumping his chest, trying to clear water from his lungs. "Al. You got Materia?"

"Yeah."

"Fire?"

"Yeah."

"Pass it."

"Sure." Alken's voice was raspy, but he moved unhindered; the cold wasn't affecting him much. Opening a slot on the handle of his blade, he shook it until a glowing, green orb fell out. Materia; the solidified wisdom of the Ancients, it granted human beings the ability to perform magic. It was rather mundane to the SOLDIERs, but of keen interest to anyone who wanted to breathe fire with ease. "Catch." Alken pitched the orb hard. Gaeira caught it effortlessly, the sphere thumping against his glove. "...So...where the hell is this place, and who are you people? And why were we drowning?"

Meanwhile, Gaeira set to work. His hands pooled orange light, before a pair of flaming orbs appeared above his palms. Having placed the Fire Materia into a small slot in his glove, he made a melon-sized ball of flame, holding it in front of Luer. "If anyone else is cold, huddle in. Me and my friend could use an explanation, and you guys could probably use a bit of warmth." After a moment, Gaeira bloomed the flame a bit larger, careful not to burn those nearby.

Alken stood with his arms folded, looking around the room. Some of the people were a bit...strange, to his eye. ...So this is probably some sorta dream, I'm guessing. He mulled it over even as frost started to develop on his armor and skin. The cold really didn't bother a SOLDIER; even soaking wet and sleeveless, he wasn't particularly intimidated by the cold; he was simply too durable to notice.

"Hey Gaeira."

"Yeah?"

"I think we're in one of those Isekai TV shows."

"The hell's that?"

"...Nevermind." Alken balked, deciding not to explain; he was too annoyed with the situation to get into it.

"Is that like a Sentai show?"

"I said 'nevermind'. I'm too annoyed with the situation to get into it."

Before Gaeira could press for further explanation, the God of Thunder arrived on a tremendous pillar of water. Splashed on the visor, Alken raised it and stared at Thor with his bewildered, glowing eyes. "Holy fuck."

When Thor demanded a flame, Gaeira obliged quickly. "Okay okay okay! More fire; got it, dude!" Gaeira made the fire even bigger, stepping back and generating a flame the size of a king sized bed. Gaeira was more than a bit intimidated by Thor; he reminded him of the SOLDIER's shared commander. "Al, do you think he really has God Powers?"

"Prolly. I won't question it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Bludreihm, Abyss Watcher of Farron's Undead Legion
---------------------------------------------------------------
The dark creature before him did not answer, and the Watcher realised with some measure of sheepishness that the creature had no real mouth to speak with, or at least none that he could see. He followed the creature's pointed thumb to a tall, rectangular building that could have once seemed to scrape the sky, now partly submerged in the encroaching ocean. If he remembered correctly, that was where the plume of water had appeared.

"Very well," He said as he balanced his greatsword on his shoulder. "Let us go and find who made that plume."

Soon after a bit of walking they came to an obstacle, namely the deep water that separated the land they stood on from the building they were heading to. Michael tried to ponder on what to do, as the dark creature moved off to the side. It would be a tough distance to swim, and more than that it would be difficult for the Watcher to do such a thing, considering his very heavy armor and weaponry he carried around. If he had the knowledge, he could have used the Snap Freeze sorcery to freeze the surface and walk across, but such things were exhausting and he did not possess the Intelligence needed for such a sorcery.

Suddenly, there was a splash from in front of him, breaking him out of his musings. the creature had brought a slab of stone, porbably from where one of the buildings here had collapsed, and set it out on the water as a makeshift raft of sorts. It's strength was immense; The Watcher could not have lifted that slab without some major effort put in, and a possible usage of Power Within, but it seemed the creature had picked it up as easy as one would pick up a block of wood. Just what was it?

Dismissing the thoughts for later, Michael carefully tested his weight upon the slab, causing it to bob a little but nothing else. He lept onto the slab with a "My thanks." to the creature before turning to look at lavataein's distancing form.

"I may be Undead, Lady Lavataein, but I am still required to breathe," he called out to her. "and my stamina is not infinite. My chainmail and plate armor does not help either."

Reactions: Epiphany
Abby Dee/Courier Six - Character Sheet

"You're welcome kid." Abby says to the girl after handing off the clothes.

Callintus, Artis and Delsin then come down with Alec in tow, for some reason she doesn't understand; but seeing that the man was knocking at death's door she decides to take some action that apparently others cannot.

"Hold him still, Imma see if a stimpak won't work on him." Abby says approaching Alec while pulling a stimpak from one of the pockets of her vest. Abby doesn't really know if this will work, but has a hunch it will as the medication in the syringe always gave her body kinda of an overall warm feeling. Arcade had explained to her it had something to do with cells being reinvigorated and even dividing to heal wounds.

No sooner does she get to Alec and has the stimpak ready, than the man falls from the grip of the two men right onto her.

"Hey now easyyy there fella." says Abby as she manages to barely catch him and set him down on the floor.

"Art, Del , hold his arms down." She snaps her fingers at the two and points at his arms. "This here is a stimpak. Think it might save him from turnin' to a meatsicle. It just ain't gonna feel good, and he might wake up swinging." She taps the syringe and gets down to straddle Alec. She feels for a vein on his neck, finds one and punctures it very carefully with the needle. "Here it goes!"

Abby slowly presses down the plunger of the syringe, injecting the medication into Alec's bloodstream where it gets to work. The thing spent, she quickly pulls it out and feels around Alec's neck then face. The injection site is the first to heal over with only a few drops of blood escaping before it closes.

"Alright alright, I feel some warmth." She announces while looking down at him, keeping him pinned to the floor just in case the shock gets him bucking like a Bighorner buck around a fertile cow.

The latter part of all this happens while the others talk of Materia and use said Materia to make fire, but Abby is too focused on the situation to pay them any mind.

@Yoru @AIM Leader Wade

Last edited:
Luer rose a brow as Ranma gave him the blanket and hid behind him. "You did not need to do that." He commented. He would be more concerned about her since she was naked now, which apparently was something she seemed worth fussing over. People were weird about being naked, he still did not understand why. Had someone else not come and offered her a change of clothes he would have just hugged onto Ranma and shared the blanket. This did lead him to raise a brow at said newcomer to her comment about them having a problem. Seriously… there was nothing wrong here…

He finally pulled himself together to give a very short bow after the introductions had started. "L-Luer L-Lastez." He offered his name amid his shivering and raspy voice as well. Fuck it was cold- even with his blanket. There was something to be said about the new urgency to get somewhere warmer. Thankfully though the men he and Ranma went to help seemed to have come prepared, which made Luer smile gratefully. "Oh thank you…" He muttered softly. He took a deep breath and shook his head. "A risk with its own reward, my friend. Had I frozen to death I could take solace in saving another in exchange." He assured. He was willing to accept that. He gave a small, dry chuckle. "Besides, it is my job to help others."

With that said and the archer finally warming up, he took a moment to put his things back in his bag that Ranma so rudely made a mess of, put it, his quiver and bow back on. He re-covered with the blanket and sidled up close to the blue haired SOLDIER once again.

He rose a brow as the lady from earlier took car of the man that collapsed. "Whatever that is keep it away from me… whatever happens." He requested to the SOLDIER quietly. Just watching Abby do that made him uneasy. She put something into the man and he was not the least bit interested in knowing what or getting anywhere near it.

Sonic:
[A bit before the group decided to join Abby]
You know being a hero means that you are ready to risk your life to do...whatever you need to do. It was okay, this was part of the job and it helped that Sonic was an adrenalin addict. However, this also entailed that sometimes he woud be too late. But let's face it. What would he be too late for?

At worst those he rescued were held captive into robots. Sure this was not cool, but they could still be rescued. For the blue blur, it was a first! And what chaos boy was saying wasn't helping. He first thought it was a joke, but the others continuing their business as if he didn't rescue those two poor sap, showed that either nothing could be done or that they were just plain uncaring. Well not if he could help it, granted he couldn't do anything for them here, but there were other human in the building right? Yeah this guy Ranma!He didn't seem like much but maybe he could help and there was also the girl who went with the new group, abby if he remembered correctly.

He didn't have time to answer to them. He had a more pressing matter to attend to! He started running as fast as he could but still not at max speed, this place wasn't made for running. Once again a trail of paper did show where he went. Leaving one star struck human speaking to the air.

He arrived on a group of people made by two swordsmen an old woman, a child or a girl in a tux, a blue haired guy and their scout abby.

-Hey guys. I'm kinda in a hurry there. Does someone know how to do cpr?If yes please follow me.

He ran back to where he came from albeit much slower. For those that followed him. Retracing his step. Taking a long alternative path to the one abby did take. He felt so slow right now! Turn left here, right there, climb the stairs. Right, left; left; right straight ahead, now climb down the stairs. Here was the door!

-What the…!

Ranma

Ok, this place.. was weird. First she wasn't called a pervert, second she wasn't blamed nor blackmailed into doing something she didn't like. And third she was given... clothes? Did she die and go to paradise or sumthin' with people like kasumi everywhere. Because the two guys. They weren't ogling at her, and that was not normal. Like not normal at all. Yeah well she was probly dead. They couldn't manage to get outta the water on time. Jeez this guy was sutch a klutz he had them drowned underneath. She looked with a sort of kinship at blue boy and rested her hand on his shoulder, squeezed it and nodded gravely.

-Thanks Angel Lady!

See even the clothes were okayish. There was no stinkin' dress. Just a good old pant and jacket combo. Granted she was litterally floating inside them but nothing she couldn't handle. Using the strings on her old cothes, she tied it to her waist and ankles gaining a lot more mobility. For the sleeves she decided to let them hang loose, maybe she would use duck boy hidden weapon style. Hah! Who was she kidding? Weapons were for cowards!

-I'm Ranma Saotome sorry 'bout this.

Then the blue porcupine Lightix or sumthin' asked who knew how to do cpr. So she raised her hand. Cool her first mission as an angel! She followed the blue critter with those that wanted to come. Stair climbing, stair descending left right, up, down. Seemed like another case of the Ryouga's. She was gonna ask him if he was lost but the porcupine suddenly sped up toward the door and opened it.

-So why did ja bring us here?

The room was like any other room. With broken windows and broken furniture thrown haphazardly.on the floor. Except that it was empty.

-They were two guys lying there unconscious! How could they vanish!

She shrugged and put her hands behind her head.

-Well they probly upped and walked away.

-But they were drowned!

Yeah so was she! But she was walking and talking so…

-Well they left the room one way or another cuz i feel no other ki here!

Something changed in the blue rodent posture. He then started smiling.

-You're right. Fiou I feel much lighter already.

He then smirked in her direction.

-Race ya to the others!

And he was gone the opposite way. Using her ki sensing ability she could see that the others were a couple of floor down. The opposite way this blue furball went. Well she might have been dead, but Ranma Saotome never loses.

Running the stairs she found the room in a matter of seconds. And there were a lot more people including the blue porcupine who smirked at her. She was gonna ask for a rematch for sure.

She then saw the fire made by magic by sword boy. Well here was the thing. You see, normally she was not too fond of magic. It was just a whole lot of trouble. But she was so coooold! And she tried saving them, surely they wouldn't hold a grudge for her failing.

Fire, fire was warm, hot, maybe she could dry her clothes there. If only the draft wasn't that cold. Then the fire grew more violent.

-Whadidja do that for.

On the side they were all fussing with a man tending to his every needs.He must be some paradise nobiity or sumthin'. She then listened to them talking. She shrugged.

-Sure is, I can feel his ki saturating the room.

-How the heck do you guys carry these! Do you actually go into combat with them? Like, how does that work, it's so big and sluggish, you'll tire yourself out with just one swing, it seems so ineffective….. Oh, Sonic, by the by, nice to meet you all.

He then seemed somehow uneasy. She lifted an eyebrow. He then laughed akwardly.

-So, uh, about that fire.

She then looked at Thor.

-You the one in charge right?

The light came forth from Alistia's form again as she changed back into becoming a White Mage, her own connection with the Earth re-established with the changing of the class. However, it was too late for the drowning ones. Part of her wanted to cry out, to insist that she could heal these near-dead back to life. She certainly felt it was within her might to do so, but she was smarter than that. They were badly waterlogged and she couldn't actually clear the water from them even with her connection to it. She was certain that, if she tried, she'd just as likely end up ripping their lungs and stomachs out through their mouths even if the water played perfectly nice and co-operatively with her. And, by the time she could feel her connection fully and firmly again, the Spriggan was interring them. Thanks to the Echo, though she knew not a lick of draconic, she knew exactly what she was saying. A funerary rite.

Alistia held her tongue. She hoped that, if it came time for her, that it would be handled in Eorzean ways, Gridandian ways, but they were not her people. She had no right to interject and demand that they let her handle it in her way. Not that it mattered. Despite arguably being the strongest Conjurer, the only White Mage, in all of Eorzea she was not trained in funerary rites. That had taken a back seat to slaying primals. If this nature spirit knew how to handle it it was better than what she could have done.

Not that she was helpless. With the interment done she raised her own staff, aglow with magic, into the air as she reached out to nature. Her will reached out to that of the worlds and the world responded in kind. The world reached out to that of the miqo'te and the miqo'te responded in kind. Earth, wind, water, infused with the arcane powers of succor, sustenance, filled the space around Alistia in a shimmering dome at least ten or so yards across. Passing in offered no resistance at all yet, within, peace was overflowing and the very air felt ripe with healing. Just being within would be enough to soothe and ease any as the three elements, aided by the arcane magic, would fill and heal any within to restore them to health.

"There. It's not much but that should be enough for anyone hurt. If you need more direct healing just say so."

---

As Lavaetain reached the edge of the water she didn't stop for even a second. She rushed right on forwards as her arms came up and her feet started to kick. Defying every steriotype in existence about fire mages she started to swim at a perfect, well-practiced, and trained manner. As if such a simple survival still which could easily be honed at any beach, river, or pond had not escaped her gaze as she grew up. Or possiby her college had a swimming pool. Either way, she took off swimming in the water and was making decent time.

"Michael! Weird...Thing..." she asked as she stopped and tread water casually. "Don't tell me you don't know how to swim? Michael. You're undead. Do you even need to breath?" she asked before resuming her swimming towards the plume of water.

"You're welcome kid." Abby says to the girl after handing off the clothes.

Callintus, Artis and Delsin then come down with Alec in tow, for some reason she doesn't understand; but seeing that the man was knocking at death's door she decides to take some action that apparently others cannot.

"Hold him still, Imma see if a stimpak won't work on him." Abby says approaching Alec while pulling a stimpak from one of the pockets of her vest. Abby doesn't really know if this will work, but has a hunch it will as the medication in the syringe always gave her body kinda of an overall warm feeling. Arcade had explained to her it had something to do with cells being reinvigorated and even dividing to heal wounds.

No sooner does she get to Alec and has the stimpak ready, than the man falls from the grip of the two men right onto her.

"Hey now easyyy there fella." says Abby as she manages to barely catch him and set him down on the floor.

"Art, Del , hold his arms down." She snaps her fingers at the two and points at his arms. "This here is a stimpak. Think it might save him from turnin' to a meatsicle. It just ain't gonna feel good, and he might wake up swinging." She taps the syringe and gets down to straddle Alec. She feels for a vein on his neck, finds one and punctures it very carefully with the needle. "Here it goes!"

Abby slowly presses down the plunger of the syringe, injecting the medication into Alec's bloodstream where it gets to work. The thing spent, she quickly pulls it out and feels around Alec's neck then face. The injection site is the first to heal over with only a few drops of blood escaping before it closes.

"Alright alright, I feel some warmth." She announces while looking down at him, keeping him pinned to the floor just in case the shock gets him bucking like a Bighorner buck around a fertile cow.

The latter part of all this happens while the others talk of Materia and use said Materia to make fire, but Abby is too focused on the situation to pay them any mind.

@Yoru @AIM Leader Wade

Alec laid on the floor with the blankest look in his eyes. Lights were on, but nobody was home. His body was going into shock, and the cold was starting to mess with it; barely able to move his arms at this point. His legs twitched, trying to move them, but the muscles were seizing up. His breathed started to slow, and his eyelids were half open. He just wanted to sleep. Thoughts were random, coming in and out, but none he could comprehend. They just seemingly appeared, like white noise in the ear. It was midnight in his mind, and he needed to sleep. His mind and body needed it. The Scotsman was compelled to keep them shut. However, Alec felt a needle enter into his neck, and his eyes sprung open. "aaaaAAAAH!!" He shouts, picking his head up off the ground with another expression of being woken up from a deep sleep. This time instead of a slap, someone just kicked him in the neck. His arms slightly raised up as he rolled onto his back, and he looked around, feeling a really weird sensation run across the left side of his body. Alec suddenly got worried he was about to have a stroke or heart attack, but when he looked to see Abby holding the syringe in her hands, his heavy, panic induced panting produced a small, Huff, Huff, "Thanks...." Huff... Huff. His head then fell back to the ground; eyes closed, and trying to calm himself.

With the help of Alken and Gaeira's fire, Calltinus dragged Alec over to the warmth; throwing in Spriggan's piece of herself in to help keep it alight. The heat flooded over Alec's body, melting away the build up of frost on his armor, while also making smoke setter off, thanks to the water evaporating from the fire, and the cold suddenly going away. The fire was big, and everyone who was with them was now finally getting some warmth. "So.... Who are you all?" Alec asked, keeping his back to the fire, while bunching up into a ball on the floor. "Callintus Cadorna. Knight of the Nine Divine." The old knight replied, crouching down next to Alec. "Yours?"

"Alec..... A-Alec Duggan." The soldier answered, shivering under his armor. Callintus looked back to the others, like Luer and Ranma, seeing them shiver from the cold wind as they tried to keep warm with new clothing. He stood closer to the fire, getting some warmth as well, while also listening to Ranma speak to Thor about him being the leader. "I think the better question is 'what now?'" Currently, they were trapped inside a flooded building in the middle of what felt like winter, with any buildings close by also surrounded by freezing waters. How were they to find a way out of this place? He was hoping that perhaps Alistia could turn the water to ice, since her powers could change depending on the attire she transformed into. She was already doing wonders with healing them all, as when she made her dome, all those freezing from the fridges waters would feel an energetic spring. Like a shot of adrenaline was kicked into their veins as a way of warming up their bodies. It made Alec's body again jump, as his legs and arms suddenly felt less restrictive. He leaned up to look at the dome vanish, and heard Alistia's offer of more healing if needed. The cold was still there, but it barely hampered his body. "How the hell did you do that?" Alec asked the mage.

Calltinus kept his hands close to the fire, looking at all those within the group. Such a strange cast of characters. Why though? Why were they here? What purpose were they given when teleported to this world without warning? It was in ruins, whatever form of life and civilization was long since gone from these buildings, and they were without guidance. Perhaps some god in need of help? As the knight thought over what could have brought them here, Alec's arm began to ding. His right hand showed an orange circle around his palm, blinking. Alec looked puzzled, but intrigued. "What is it?" Callintus asked.

"My omni-tool, someone's at the other end!"
latest

As he used his other hand to interact with it, the orange glow suddenly wrapped around his hand and arm. "I'm shocked this thing isn't dead yet from the cold, but there's a comm link, so someone's trying to get in contact!" At last, some hope in this dire situation! Pressing a few holographic buttons, Alec opened the channel. "Hello? This is Alec Duggan, Leftenant Alliance Navy of the USS Athens, does anyone read?"

"I'm reading you, Leftenant." The voice on the other end was male. "I noticed your transport ship fall into the water and the giant splash your bulk friend man." Referring to Thor's quick save of Alec. "I can't imagine that fire's gonna last longer than an hour in this weather, I'm seeing a snowstorm approach your way, and if you don't move out, you'll get caught in it."

"Where are you?" Alec asked.

"Few clicks from your location, I can see you all on scope."

"Scope?..." Alec stood up and looked out the broken windows, trying to find something out in the distance. While it was somewhat hazy, Alec could see into the city and where the ocean water met the land. "How far exactly?" Alec again asked.

"Three or four miles, I'd say."

"Hell of a scope you have."

"Be lucky I want to help out." With all the broken windows, a sniper could take them all out one by one, before they had a chance to find any cover that could actually protect them from sniper rounds. "There's a building near you with three men with ships, I'm going to send them your way."

"
Friendlies?"

"They're guardians, ran into one or two while I've been here. When they meet with you, give them these coordinates," Some codded messages were sent to Alec's omni-tool, describing a location. "Have them look for what I sent you, that's where I'll be. Best place for shelter in this part of the city."

"Got it. What about the city, are there more like us out there? And how did this all happen?"

"I'll try answering as best I can when you arrive, right now, I need to move again. Not everyone here is friendly, and they'll make themselves known when you see them. Do you have any weapons?"

"Beyond....... magic," As Alec had no idea what else to call it with those with those who used it, "Few guns and swords, though I don't know how effective swords will be here.'

"Then don't draw any attention while out there, only defend yourselves if you have to. I'll stay in contact by the channel."

"What's your name?"

"Garrus."

"Garuus-- wait, what?" The line was cut off before Alec could ask anything more. The whole conversation was on speaker phone, with the whole group hearing it. Callintus was quick to ask, "Do you know him?"

"I.... think?" Was it actually that Garrus?

Nomad's comm channel would soon get pinged, and when he opened it, Garrus quickly spoke on the other end. "The building, 80 degrees left of you, there's people inside it. Some of them are starting to freeze in there, and they need shelter. One has coordinates to a shelter, bring them there." And again, the channel was closed before Nomad could reply, unlike with Alec.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far from the main group, along the shoreline of the ocean, there was a road. On it were cars backed up so far, they went into the water, and the buildings surrounding them were hollow and empty; cracked and collapsed in places from years of no care given to their structures. Beyond the waves and wind, there were no sounds. This lively city was colorless, thanks to the grey clouds blocking the sun, and the light of the sky dimming ever so slightly. It was starting to become evening, the chill in the air got even colder, and light snow started to fall. The paint on the cars were chipping, window cracked, wheels completely flat, but no bodies. There were shops along the sidewalks, some of toy stores, clothing, shoes, foods, some businesses like law firms and salesmen, even a hair salon. But no one inside, simply dust built up over years. This place was abandoned long ago, and its age is starting to show.

In the center of the street, a flash of neon green light would suddenly appear. Within its center, a person would fall out, landing on the ground.
In one second, you are in your home world, doing something of great importance, minding your own business, or relaxing in a place you find comfort in. Then, before you could blink, something flashed before your eyes. A bight neon green blinds you, like a camera flash suddenly went off in front of your eyes. Suddenly, your body feels like it's falling. Gravity pulls your left, right and center, spinning you all around as the ground beneath your feet disappear, as if you jumped out a plane, and now gravity was sending you back down to the ground below, with the wind and speed of your falling hitting your face.

As quickly as it began, your feet hit the ground as if you simply jumped only a few inches off it, or perhaps you landed another way, on your face, back, you did feel like you were falling from a great height, so maybe you feel nauseous from such an experience, if you've never fallen like that before. You'd only have a scuff or two on your body from the fall if you didn't land on your feet, no bruises or broken bones. You simply fell, with that lights blinding effect still wavering as your eyes adjust. You're now standing in the middle of this street, in this abandoned city, between the ruins of buildings and shops, and behind you, an endless ocean, with a snow storm approaching. But, you may not be entirely alone. Off in the distance down the road, you can see something moving. It looks like a car. Or perhaps a tank. With people walking besides it. You can't see who they are, only that they're approaching. They might not have noticed you yet.

Last edited:

"You're welcome." Abby says to Alec. She tosses the empty stimpak syringe away and joins the others around the fire but chooses to stand with her hands held out to the fire rather than sit; this gives her a better vantage to really take in everyone that has gathered. The girl she has loaned her Jailhouse Rocker outfit to talks with the big blue rat, apparently named Sonic, and she has to laugh at how the thing hangs off her.

"Name's Abigail Delano, but ya'll can call me Abby if ya prefer. Or even less formal, call me Courier Six." The young woman introduces herself to everyone proper while warming her hands. The shiver that has been running through her body has lessened, but she still hopes they can get somewhere better soon.

When the dome or whatever was cast by the girl with the fancy robes, Abby looks up and around in awe at it.

"Boy howdy, finally somethin' strange but pretty." She says aloud to nobody in particular before her attention is caught by the device on Alec's arm. She looks at her own Pip-Boy and feels dumb for not trying it until now, so she does while also listening to the conversation Alec has through his much more advanced device.

"Mapping....works." She whispers so as not to be rude. The Pip-Boy's mapping function used some kinda sound tech to give her a rough idea of her immediate area, which wasn't much more useful right then, but it was good to know it functions.

The prospect of a snowstorm approaching makes Abby curse under her breath, the word "Crap" almost forming in the cold air. When the man on the other end asks if they have any weapons, Abby shoulders her rifle and goes to one of the broken windows. "Where I come from you're armed, or you're dead."

She looks out the window for anything to indicate movement. Hard to do in wholly unfamiliar terrain though, so she goes to her pack and slings it onto her back.

"Who knows who don't matter right now. If he really coulda killed us rather than talk, he's the only friend we all got in common." Abby makes sure her pack is secure and looks around at everyone. "Anybody unarmed and need a piece?" She taps Lil Devil holstered to her right hip.

Sandals and a partially open blouse were not ideal for the environment Tsunade finds herself when the green light dissipates and she lands on her feet. But then she had dressed for a day of administrative work to help with the transition from her as Hokage, to Kakashi Hatake taking on the title of Sixth Hokage, with no idea she would be standing in the middle of a place even her experienced and well-traveled mind has never seen before. She takes a fight ready stance as she looks around, trying not to look at the giant monster corpses to get any kind of clue as to what this place was.

The derelict structures are only superficially familiar to her but are of a style she hasn't seen before either. The massive creatures likewise, as they are about the size of a Tailed Beast. The huge mechanical....things are the most alien to her. They're built like men, like the puppets some shinobi use. The position of some suggests the creatures and the mechanical men were the ones who had used this place as their battleground.

Is this a genjutsu? Tsunade thinks and is about to make the hand signals to dismiss any genjutsu she might be under, when her ears catch the sound of people coming her way. She jumps away and through a gaping hole in a nearby building, thankfully finds the apartment is empty, and lurks there in waiting for whoever she had heard to pass by. She closes her blouse as much as she can to keep the cold air from biting at the skin of her chest as she kneels back against a wall facing the road.

No stranger to combat in the cold, Tsunade controls her breathing to reduce the visibility of her breath in the air to miniscule puffs and the sound to a state only able to be heard by those with very very sensitive hearing.

So much for my retirement. That bad luck of mine is really acting up for whatever this is to be happening. Maybe these people will have some kind of answers....

Last edited:
Nomad

"I was hoping you'd know what's goi-" And like that, he was interrupted by someone communicating to him on a private channel, explaining the whereabouts of others, possibly the ones Kingpin were with. And orders to bring them to whatever coordinates they had.

"Just got told to taxi someone in there to a place, but I can't carry too much if there's too many people, so as a Guardian to another Guardian. If my ship can't hold everyone, will either of you be willing to assist with the load?" Nomad would keep the communication channel open between him and the other two Guardians so they could voice their input, while he transmatted back inside his ship, activating it and lifting up. Then he would slowly ease the ship closer to the hole Kingpin had jumped from, turning the ship around and activating the speaker.

"Taxi service as requested, cannot take everyone. So any that are injured, freezing or have the coordinates as told by the mysterious voice on my coms, get aboard. I do apologize for the cramped space." Was all he said as the back hatch opened to a small space filled with crates and such, but just enough space for four to five people to get in.

Once inside, Nomad would speak again. "Just yell and the speaker in there will allow me to hear you, guide me to where we need to go."

Eye Dee Kay stayed silent and Nomad began to find some nice music to listen to, or rather for his soon to be passengers as silence is not great, and he'd hate to be a terrible host.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delsin Rowe

With the injured man revived from their combined efforts, Delsin gave the man a pat on the back. "Glad to see you've returned to the land of the living, uh........You..." Delsin said as he didn't know the man's name until he introduced himself as Alec.

"Nice name." Delsin would comment before the man spoke up about someone talking to him via his fancy glowing arm band thing. To which Delsin didn't say anything to accidently interrupt anything important. But once the man finished and a legit space ship flew on over, opening and a voice asking for wounded, freezing or whomever had coordinates to get aboard. To which Delsin again patted Alec. "I think it's for you." Before turning to the group.

"Willing to stay back so anyone who is freezing to death can get to safety." He'd say, motioning for those to get aboard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hei/BK201

Hei had done it.

He had saved virtually every Contractor and Doll that existed and will exist.

The price for this victory?

The life of Yin. There was no other way, letting her live would only cause the thing inhabiting her to continue to live and thus put everyone at risk. Or at least, that's how Hei tried to rationalize it. Try to emulate a Contractor in their flawless rationality. But it still didn't detract from the fact he had killed her. Painlessly as best as he could, but she was still dead. And thus left a hole in him that'd be never be filled again.

He was walking along, to bury Yin somewhere nice and then who knows after that. Maybe live somewhere quiet where no intelligence organization nor any Contractors would bother him. When suddenly a green light overtook him. Yin's body fell from his arms and he felt like he was free falling. For a split second, he thought maybe another Contractor had snuck up on him. Maybe he was about to die, and for some reason. A part of him accepted it. Maybe this'd be the end of the Black Reaper, BK201.

Instead, breath was knocked out of him as he landed on something. Judging from the sound and pain, something metal. Probably a car or something of the sort. When his vision ebbed into a blurry fuzziness, he rolled off the car and back onto his feet.

Whatever the hell just happened, the effects were long-lasting but were clearing up at a decent enough pace that Hei could just see blurs in the distance, and considering his vision being blurry and slowly recovering, he could not risk being in the open and at a mild disadvantage so he would duck down and sneak into the closest thing that looked like an alleyway next to a building that had a hole in it. He would've gone in, but he felt more comfortable with a potential escape route he could reach with his wires.

Crouching behind a dumpster, Hei waited for his vision to clear up more and more. Wherever he was, it was cold. Part of him thought maybe Russia or Canada? Likely, but easily disproven as could be anywhere in the world but in the midst of winter.

It sounded like an army was walking down the road, which in turn made Hei try to find a position from behind the dumpster to where he could see out and easily retreat back into cover should he need to. A quick observation of the alleyway showed it continued further along, splitting off into two paths, which meant more escape routes. There was also a door on the same side as the dumpster and subsequently he was. So in case things got dicey, he could make a quick getaway or reposition to ambush.

He could feel his ability underneath his skin, but in a situation like this, where he did not know what was going and the fact he'd have to get up close and personal would mean he was a heavy disadvantage. One he'd have to make up with hit and run tactics. The type he and the others used in South America.

He awaited the source of the noise with the same coldness that The Black Reaper was born in....

@AIM Leader Wade @Not_Amy @Yoru @Agent_Puncake @Nero Kunivas @littlekreen @Whoever-Else-I-Missed

Amid the ruins of the old Glastonbury Abbey, Shirou Emiya knelt before the grave of King Arthur. It was a cool, quiet morning, with only the chirping of birds breaking the silence.

It had been just over a year since the end of the Fifth Grail War. So much had happened since then, but it felt like it was only yesterday. For the most part, his life had been a lot quieter, now that he was actively studying magecraft with Rin at the Clock Tower in London. They had even made some new friends along the way, although Rin would sooner die than think of Luvia as a friend. Shirou smirked at the thought of their ceaseless rivalry.

Truthfully though, he missed Saber dearly, even now. Perhaps especially now. Though he was grateful to have the chance to learn more and improve his magecraft (especially with Rin's ongoing tutelage), so much of the Mage Association was tied up in secrecy and petty politics. More than anything, he wanted to use his gifts to help people in need, and he chafed at the restrictions placed on him by the Clock Tower.

There were some like Waver Velvet who roughly agreed with him, to a point, but they were in the minority, and even they were too cautious to risk rocking the boat at this juncture. Shirou couldn't blame them, given the circumstances, but it certainly didn't sit right with him. He felt in his heart that at some point, he would need to go his own way. The question was how, and when.

As he continued to contemplate about Saber and his future, he felt something in the air suddenly change, almost as if a metal wire was stretched tight and was ready to snap. Alarmed, he jumped up and turned to check his surroundings, but before he could properly react, a flash of blinding green light completely enveloped him. The next instant, the light was gone, and Shirou was nowhere to be found.

For those who happened to be nearby, a bright flash of green light unceremoniously deposited a young man with light skin and short red hair onto the ground. He wore dark blue jeans, brown and grey hiking shoes, a brown nubuck jacket, and a black T-shirt.

The air was driven from Shirou's lungs as he fell back-first onto a hard, cold surface. He groaned and coughed as he tried to blink away the spots in his vision from the flash. Luckily he hadn't fallen very far, nothing felt broken.

As he pushed himself up and opened his eyes, he found himself in shock. He was in some sort of city...or rather the ruins of one. Everything was derelict and falling apart, with broken down, abandoned vehicles and other detrius strewn everywhere. More disturbingly, there were remains of what appeared to be giant creatures and robots spread all across the city, and huge swaths of the earth itself were cracked and tilted, forming massive, uneven geological shelves in the terrain.

Shirou stood up and looked all around, the same scenery repeating for as far as the eye could see. Even the sea itself was strewn with the corpses of giants, mechanical and biological. The overcast sky was darkened with the setting sun, and snow was beginning to fall. He shivered as he felt the cold begin to sink in, pulling his jacket closed and zipping it up.

"What...happened here?" He breathed, struggling to comperehend what could have wrought such destruction. Even the Great Fuyuki Fire seemed to pale in comparison. Other thoughts raced through his head as well. Where was this place? What was that green light just now? Was there anyone left alive here?

It was then that he heard the rumbling echo of what sounded like jet engines. As he looked up, he spotted the sillouette of a strange aircraft cruising though the sky in the distance. He also spotted what appeared to be some sort of vehicle further down the road. Unlike the others, it was moving, and there were people walking beside it, steadily approaching in his direction. It didn't seem like they had noticed him yet.

Deciding that this was his best lead for finding out where he was and what happened here, Shirou dusted himself off and began moving to get a closer look at the vehicle and the people around it, keeping crouched below the abandoned cars to avoid being spotted. He hoped they were friendly, but given that he was in the midst of some unknown ruined city, he couldn't take that chance just yet.

...He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at that thought. Less than a year ago, he probably would have just walked right up to greet them without a second thought. It seemed that some of Rin's calculating nature had rubbed off on him after all.

Last edited:
"Threat assessment." Kingpin grumbled as his hand drifted to the hand cannon holstered on his thigh, but kept himself from grabbing it. Instead, he called down his ship.

"None." Anta replied. "At least, proximity motion detector isn't tagging hostiles. Why?"

"Feels weird. Whatever. We'll do it."

"Yep. Good idea to move, anyway - this place is pretty cold, even for me. Can't imagine how the squishies are feeling."

The jumpship descended through the clouds, and was on them after another few seconds of waiting. Kingpin transmatted onboard and quickly began to move the crates in the cargo bay about, trying to make as much room as possible. However, it'd still be fairly cramped and not very comfortable, since it was a cargo bay after all. Some luckier souls may be able to sit a bit towards the front of the ship, in the proper passenger section, but Anyone wounded or still freezing may as well lie down.

Anta materialized at the cockpit and began to fiddle with the controls, ensuring the ship could move at a moment's notice and moving it to one side, making room for the Warlock's ship. She also patched herself into the channel.

"Hey, Warlock. Dunno if you're one of them Dawnbladers, but a Well of Radiance would probably work wonders right about now." She said, only half-joking.

"I didn't really do anything." replied Alistia. "Well, I did, but not as much as you'd think. I just... reached out to the earth, to the planet itself, and let my will merge with its own for a brief moment. I wished for a small sanctuary and the planet also wished for that, though it may have been me wishing upon it or it wishing upon me... and then, through me, it appeared. To be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure that any of my actual magic is here." she said as she brought her staff around the dome in a sweeping motion. "That this is all just the planet. It's a bit hard to tell where I end and the world begins with a spell like this."

But, with that, the call came in. She wasn't even certain that they had heard her explanation.

"Who is THAT Garrus?" she asked, curious. She could tell a lot just by the word and tone of voice. That this Garrus person was likely someone important, likely famous, and clearly worth looking up to to these people. But beyond that... she had no clue at all. "Though I must ask, you are clearly a soldier in service to this USS nation. Do you know why this city is deserted by any chance? Is there some war happening and this place is a battleground between the USS and some other nation? Since you are part of the navy, maybe you are from Limsa? No. You wouldn't call it that if this was another dimension even if it does exist... I'm sorry. I am rambling a bit here."

---

"Well then... with all that heavy armor that's gotta suck!" exclaimed Lavaetain as she suddenly took off at a full-on swim, small plumes of steam escaping from her body as she heated herself and the water around her to keep from freezing. "I'd help but I'm nowhere near strong enough swimmer to pull or push more than a token amount." she called back. "I'll see if I can get some rope to help out once I reach the other side!"

With that she went at full speed... which wasn't that impressive. She had learned the basics of swimming as a child and clearly not neglected the skills growing up, but it was also clear that swimming on any level beyond 'casual' simply had not been a thought to her. Worse, as steam rolled off her again and again she could feel it eating through her mana supply with ease. She'd have ample amount to be certain but it was blatant that she would only be a cub in the Polar Bear Club even with her magic. Yet, as she reached the other side, took a moment for a breather, a massive plume of steam and fire to dry herself off, she rushed into the building to try and find some rope to help Michael and Dusk. The same building where everyone else seemed to be gathering together; though without Lavaetain's knowledge.

"Why I'll be..." Abby looks at the ship that arrives and is reminded of the first time she had seen a Vertibird take off.

"Ride's here!" Abby announces and gathers up the clothes the girl, Ranma, had left out to dry in case they found a way to properly dry them off and handed them off to her. "I got your back, girlie." She tells her with a thumbs-up and motions to the ship "You and Alec oughtta be first on, so go on git." Abby stands aside while the first ship fills up, waiting for the second to arrive. Yeah she was cold alright, but in a pinch she knows a shot with a stim would keep her going just as it had helped Alec.

A loud splash-hiss brings Abby to one of the nearby windows, looking for the source. She spies down on the ground, what looks like a group of soldiers marching alongside a tank.

"Got company, with a tank." Abby says wishing she had packed her Anti-Material Rifle. She's never seen a fully-functioning tank before, only the useless hulks left on roads and such. This one looked different even from this vantage, but she could still tell what it was and that the people around it were moving just like she'd seen NCR soldiers.

@Yoru @AIM Leader Wade

Her keen ears catch movement out on the road, and Tsunade peers over the half-wall quickly. Nobody, and she is too far to see any new tracks. Then there is a familiar flash of green, and it drops someone onto one of the hunks of metal. For all she can tell it is a young man who acts very confused as to where he is and why. She is then alerted to something in the sky flying to one of the buildings that are sinking into the cracked earth. It's metal, whatever it is, and that is all she can determine. The young man finds cover along the rubble to get closer to the oncoming people without being seen.

Which is a good idea, but she could do one better.

Tsunade's hands move rapidly forming a series of signs. A copy of herself appears next to her in a puff of smoke and drops out from the hiding spot to sneak along the rubble on the opposite side of the young man. The shadow clone would do recon on these unknowns, while the real Tsunade would remain at her hiding spot, poised for anything to happen.

@BobTheNinja @The Wanderer

Alken and Gaeira

Alken stared at Sonic, utterly beguiled. He hadn't seen anything like the creature, and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. "...Huh. Sentient hedgehog." He removed his helmet and slowly tilted his head, torquing his jaw. "...WELL, I'm Alken, and the other guy is Gaeira. I hope our species can co-exist in harmony." When ship arrived, the SOLDIER hopped to his feet, looking towards Gaeira. "Evac's here. Doesn't look like Shinra-tech; looks too advanced." His jaw worked; it had already dawned on him that he was far from home, but he never thought he'd see so much technology that outstripped Shinra's. "This situation is kinda odd, innit?"

Gaeira completely ignored both Alken and the kindly provided means of transport. His eyes were fixed on Luer. "Whatever happens, stay close. I'm not sure I trust this situation, or these people, but I feel like I can trust you well enough. I don't make idle promises, but I'll try to keep you safe."

D'aaaaaaaaw. Gaeira's found himself a boyfriend. Alken smiled, before turning towards Ranma. "After you, ma'am." He gestured towards the transport. He was happy to take a less comfortable position in the cargo hold; he was trained to manage discomfort. "Gaeira. Lastez. C'mon." Finally looking up, Gaeira nodded and stood, maintaining the fire for a few more seconds before laying it down to burn itself out. Alken moved to board Kingpin's cargo-hold, Gaeira following along, keeping a slow pace for Luer to follow as he sidled up to Alken.

Bringing his voice down to a whisper, Al yanked Gaeira over to him for a side-bar as they found somewhere to sit. "You're gonna have to focus, man. I'm cool with you looking after him, but there's a lot going on here."

"...I don't know what you're talking about."

Alken grinned. "Is it the blue hair?"

"Shuddup. He's right behind us."

"You failed to notice a sentient hedgehog because you were looking at 'em. It's kind of obvious." The SOLDIER gently tilted his head towards Luer. "You're like a cockatiel; fascinated with your own refle-"

Gaeira's fist looped around, tagging Alken on the bicep as they stepped onto Kingpin's ship.

"Owch."

"Admit it; you like 'em too."

"He's tough; dove right into freezing water. Cute, too. Hard to argue that he doesn't have a good heart. Yeah, I'd say I like 'em." Alken rubbed his chin. "I'm more into the girl, though. The redhead who had the wardrobe malfunction."

"Really? The naked, bubbly one? You have no imagination. Where's your ambition, Vaettir?"

Leaning close to Gaeira, Alken wrapped an arm around the long-time squadmate's shoulders. "But you know what I'm really focused on? Surviving. Stop thinking with your di-" Alken quickly censored himself, torquing his jaw as he came up with a replacement word. "Genitals."

"...Don't say genitals. It's creepy."

"Genitals."

"Fuck off."

The two settled on a fairly empty location in the corner. Gaeira sat down, saving room for anyone who wanted to come over. Alken perched on a box, leaning back and putting his helmet back on, waiting for communication from Shinra on his sparse HUD.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Luer grimaced slightly. Being in this place was more than enough to make him uneasy, but the feeling only intensified when whatever that was Alec had started talking. It felt strange, as if the thing were alive and actively trying to keep him away from it. He was not very comfortable to begin with but that just made it worse. Alec was not the only one with something that put him off, either. Abby had one too.

He glanced to the others around before settling on Gaeira as he spoke, once more locking the archer's gaze on those glowing eyes and unintentionally also ignoring Alken. The man's words made Luer smile. "Cannot say I trust them either. Thank you." He said softly.

The archer's attention was taken as Alken called them and he nodded slightly. He stood and followed behind the SOLDIER, hesitant though he was to get into a a strange thing like this, there was not much choice. He rose a brow to the SOLDIERs as Gaeira gave Alken a good thump to the arm.

He finally cleared his throat as he huddled up to the two in the spot they had chosen. For now he felt safer with them. He was finally warm enough not to be a shaking shell. He still shivered on occasion but the severity has lessened greatly. "Please, call me Luer." He offered and then paused. The arrival of their savior seemed to have cut the two off previously. "Ah, and what shall I call you two?"

Delsin Rowe

With the injured man revived from their combined efforts, Delsin gave the man a pat on the back. "Glad to see you've returned to the land of the living, uh........You..." Delsin said as he didn't know the man's name until he introduced himself as Alec.

"Nice name." Delsin would comment before the man spoke up about someone talking to him via his fancy glowing arm band thing. To which Delsin didn't say anything to accidently interrupt anything important. But once the man finished and a legit space ship flew on over, opening and a voice asking for wounded, freezing or whomever had coordinates to get aboard. To which Delsin again patted Alec. "I think it's for you." Before turning to the group.

"Willing to stay back so anyone who is freezing to death can get to safety." He'd say, motioning for those to get aboard.

Course, what Delsin seemingly forgot as he put his bare hand on old metal, especially in freezing temperatures, is that skin sticks to cold, freezing metal. With a bit of force, he could remove his hand from Alec's armor, though with a noise similar to ripping a bandaid off skin and some pain along the front of his hand. Alec didn't look pleased, frowning at the conduit. rubbing his shoulder, in case some skin stayed behind on his armor, Alec backed away from the hole in the building to allow the ships to back in. Callintus looked in awe of it. These were ships? Wind blew in everyone's faces from the ships engines, but as the cockpit doors opened, there looked to be room enough for five people, and which each ship looking the same, they could fit all the cold in and then some. "By the Nine...." Calltinus muttered to himself.

"I was hoping you'd know what's goi-" And like that, he was interrupted by someone communicating to him on a private channel, explaining the whereabouts of others, possibly the ones Kingpin were with. And orders to bring them to whatever coordinates they had.

"Just got told to taxi someone in there to a place, but I can't carry too much if there's too many people, so as a Guardian to another Guardian. If my ship can't hold everyone, will either of you be willing to assist with the load?" Nomad would keep the communication channel open between him and the other two Guardians so they could voice their input, while he transmatted back inside his ship, activating it and lifting up. Then he would slowly ease the ship closer to the hole Kingpin had jumped from, turning the ship around and activating the speaker.

"Taxi service as requested, cannot take everyone. So any that are injured, freezing or have the coordinates as told by the mysterious voice on my coms, get aboard. I do apologize for the cramped space." Was all he said as the back hatch opened to a small space filled with crates and such, but just enough space for four to five people to get in.

Once inside, Nomad would speak again. "Just yell and the speaker in there will allow me to hear you, guide me to where we need to go."

Eye Dee Kay stayed silent and Nomad began to find some nice music to listen to, or rather for his soon to be passengers as silence is not great, and he'd hate to be a terrible host.

While they weren't recognizable to Alec, they were a sight for sore eyes. Not to mention the cold skin and weird warm feeling he was having throughout his body from the stim pack Abby gave him. When the cargo doors opened to one of the ships, Alec could first feel the wind blow in his face from the ships jets, before it slowly turned to warmth, as the inside was a warm as a fireplace. Alec sighed in relief, before shouting to the voice, "Thank you!" Waving at the cockpit. With three ships, and enough room to fit five people, the ones going first were Alken, Gaeira, Luer, Sonic, Ranma, Thor and Hedorak, with Alistia joining them, as her healing powers would be useful in keeping everyone away from hypothermia or frostbite. Alec, however, didn't wish to leave with them, as Abby suggested he should.

'You and Alec oughtta be first on, so go on git.'

"What? No, I'm fine now, I can stay, someone else can take my place." He said, as he let Ranma go inside. "Besides, I can't leave yet. Not with those guy up there." The soldier pointed to the floor above them, where the other bodies were. "All I need are their tags, just something for their families, and besides, that thing you gave me, it's given me a shot in the ass!" As he said that, he started bouncing up and down on his feet, side by side. He didn't feel too cold anymore, like pure adrenaline was pumped into his veins, or steroids. Pretty soon, he just started dancing like Shane McMahon.

giphy.gif

"I'm good, I'm good, I can stay here longer!" Perhaps it was that suddenly adrenaline rush which was making him act a little funny in this situation, or the fact that his body felt weirdly warm, like all his blood was replaced with urine, but either way, as he was saying he was fine, he suddenly stopped dancing, stood still for a few seconds, then vomited. Bent over, Alec gagged and had nothing but stomach bile come out, with some sea water mixed in. The second gag to follow had him stumble backwards; about to fall onto the metal plank leading to the cargo bay of the ship, though thankfully Callintus caught him before he could give himself a concussion. "Whooooooa~" The knight said aloud, trying to keep Alec and himself Balanced as the Scotsman nearly fell over. "You're better off inside than out here, my friend. But the gesture was still a good one." Calltinus helped him inside the ship, to the aid of Alistia, and walked out. With everyone inside, Callintus was about to wave them off, when he looked down to see people in the water.

Or floating on it. "Wait, WAIT!" He shouted before they could leave. "There's people below!" it was another knight, a girl wh owas trying to fish them a rope to get into the building, and some strange, large, black creature, with a skull for a head...... And the hedgehog was the weirdest thing they had in their group. A rope was thrown down to them, first with Michael and Dusk, then to Lava, since she was safer than the other two. When they climbed inside the least filled ship, they would meet with Alec bunched into a ball and looking green in the face. Rolling over to his other shoulder, he spotted the three and waved to them. "...... hiiiii...... we're goin' to a shelter." He explained with a parched voice, as the vomit only thew it out.

With everyone inside, the ships charted a course to destination Alec was told of; sending them the data through his omni-tool, because he was too fucked to tell them on the speakers. As they left, Callintus waved them off, hoping for the best. "Fascinating." The Knight muttered to himself. Technology he had only been given a glimpse of from other worlds, beyond his comprehension and knowledge of his home realm. If only his sons were here to see it. Then again, perhaps they were better off than fighting against the cold. With Abby's warning of men approaching them, Calltinus bolted over to her side; kneeling as she scoped out the men. "What can you see?" He asked her, as they were so far away, it was hard to tell.

Sandals and a partially open blouse were not ideal for the environment Tsunade finds herself when the green light dissipates and she lands on her feet. But then she had dressed for a day of administrative work to help with the transition from her as Hokage, to Kakashi Hatake taking on the title of Sixth Hokage, with no idea she would be standing in the middle of a place even her experienced and well-traveled mind has never seen before. She takes a fight ready stance as she looks around, trying not to look at the giant monster corpses to get any kind of clue as to what this place was.

The derelict structures are only superficially familiar to her but are of a style she hasn't seen before either. The massive creatures likewise, as they are about the size of a Tailed Beast. The huge mechanical....things are the most alien to her. They're built like men, like the puppets some shinobi use. The position of some suggests the creatures and the mechanical men were the ones who had used this place as their battleground.

Is this a genjutsu? Tsunade thinks and is about to make the hand signals to dismiss any genjutsu she might be under, when her ears catch the sound of people coming her way. She jumps away and through a gaping hole in a nearby building, thankfully finds the apartment is empty, and lurks there in waiting for whoever she had heard to pass by. She closes her blouse as much as she can to keep the cold air from biting at the skin of her chest as she kneels back against a wall facing the road.

No stranger to combat in the cold, Tsunade controls her breathing to reduce the visibility of her breath in the air to miniscule puffs and the sound to a state only able to be heard by those with very very sensitive hearing.

So much for my retirement. That bad luck of mine is really acting up for whatever this is to be happening. Maybe these people will have some kind of answers....
Hei/BK201

Hei had done it.

He had saved virtually every Contractor and Doll that existed and will exist.

The price for this victory?

The life of Yin. There was no o

"Why I'll be..." Abby looks at the ship that arrives and is reminded of the first time she had seen a Vertibird take off.

"Ride's here!" Abby announces and gathers up the clothes the girl, Ranma, had left out to dry in case they found a way to properly dry them off and handed them off to her. "I got your back, girlie." She tells her with a thumbs-up and motions to the ship "You and Alec oughtta be first on, so go on git." Abby stands aside while the first ship fills up, waiting for the second to arrive. Yeah she was cold alright, but in a pinch she knows a shot with a stim would keep her going just as it had helped Alec.

A loud splash-hiss brings Abby to one of the nearby windows, looking for the source. She spies down on the ground, what looks like a group of soldiers marching alongside a tank.

"Got company, with a tank." Abby says wishing she had packed her Anti-Material Rifle. She's never seen a fully-functioning tank before, only the useless hulks left on roads and such. This one looked different even from this vantage, but she could still tell what it was and that the people around it were moving just like she'd seen NCR soldiers.

@Yoru @AIM Leader Wade

Her keen ears catch movement out on the road, and Tsunade peers over the half-wall quickly. Nobody, and she is too far to see any new tracks. Then there is a familiar flash of green, and it drops someone onto one of the hunks of metal. For all she can tell it is a young man who acts very confused as to where he is and why. She is then alerted to something in the sky flying to one of the buildings that are sinking into the cracked earth. It's metal, whatever it is, and that is all she can determine. The young man finds cover along the rubble to get closer to the oncoming people without being seen.

Which is a good idea, but she could do one better.

Tsunade's hands move rapidly forming a series of signs. A copy of herself appears next to her in a puff of smoke and drops out from the hiding spot to sneak along the rubble on the opposite side of the young man. The shadow clone would do recon on these unknowns, while the real Tsunade would remain at her hiding spot, poised for anything to happen.

@BobTheNinja @The Wanderer

ther way, letting her live would only cause the thing inhabiting her to continue to live and thus put everyone at risk. Or at least, that's how Hei tried to rationalize it. Try to emulate a Contractor in their flawless rationality. But it still didn't detract from the fact he had killed her. Painlessly as best as he could, but she was still dead. And thus left a hole in him that'd be never be filled again.

He was walking along, to bury Yin somewhere nice and then who knows after that. Maybe live somewhere quiet where no intelligence organization nor any Contractors would bother him. When suddenly a green light overtook him. Yin's body fell from his arms and he felt like he was free falling. For a split second, he thought maybe another Contractor had snuck up on him. Maybe he was about to die, and for some reason. A part of him accepted it. Maybe this'd be the end of the Black Reaper, BK201.

Instead, breath was knocked out of him as he landed on something. Judging from the sound and pain, something metal. Probably a car or something of the sort. When his vision ebbed into a blurry fuzziness, he rolled off the car and back onto his feet.

Whatever the hell just happened, the effects were long-lasting but were clearing up at a decent enough pace that Hei could just see blurs in the distance, and considering his vision being blurry and slowly recovering, he could not risk being in the open and at a mild disadvantage so he would duck down and sneak into the closest thing that looked like an alleyway next to a building that had a hole in it. He would've gone in, but he felt more comfortable with a potential escape route he could reach with his wires.

Crouching behind a dumpster, Hei waited for his vision to clear up more and more. Wherever he was, it was cold. Part of him thought maybe Russia or Canada? Likely, but easily disproven as could be anywhere in the world but in the midst of winter.

It sounded like an army was walking down the road, which in turn made Hei try to find a position from behind the dumpster to where he could see out and easily retreat back into cover should he need to. A quick observation of the alleyway showed it continued further along, splitting off into two paths, which meant more escape routes. There was also a door on the same side as the dumpster and subsequently he was. So in case things got dicey, he could make a quick getaway or reposition to ambush.

He could feel his ability underneath his skin, but in a situation like this, where he did not know what was going and the fact he'd have to get up close and personal would mean he was a heavy disadvantage. One he'd have to make up with hit and run tactics. The type he and the others used in South America.

He awaited the source of the noise with the same coldness that The Black Reaper was born in....

@AIM Leader Wade @Not_Amy @Yoru @Agent_Puncake @Nero Kunivas @littlekreen @Whoever-Else-I-Missed
Shirou Emiya

Amid the ruins of the old Glastonbury Abbey, Shirou Emiya knelt before the grave of King Arthur. It was a cool, quiet morning, with only the chirping of birds breaking the silence.

It had been just over a year since the end of the Fifth Grail War. So much had happened since then, but it felt like it was only yesterday. For the most part, his life had been a lot quieter, now that he was actively studying magecraft with Rin at the Clock Tower in London. They had even made some new friends along the way, although Rin would sooner die than think of Luvia as a friend. Shirou smirked at the thought of their ceaseless rivalry.

Truthfully though, he missed Saber dearly, even now. Perhaps especially now. Though he was grateful to have the chance to learn more and improve his magecraft (especially with Rin's ongoing tutelage), so much of the Mage Association was tied up in secrecy and petty politics. More than anything, he wanted to use his gifts to help people in need, and he chafed at the restrictions placed on him by the Clock Tower.

There were some like Waver Velvet who roughly agreed with him, to a point, but they were in the minority, and even they were too cautious to risk rocking the boat at this juncture. Shirou couldn't blame them, given the circumstances, but it certainly didn't sit right with him. He felt in his heart that at some point, he would need to go his own way. The question was how, and when.

As he continued to contemplate about Saber and his future, he felt something in the air suddenly change, almost as if a metal wire was stretched tight and was ready to snap. Alarmed, he jumped up and turned to check his surroundings, but before he could properly react, a flash of blinding green light completely enveloped him. The next instant, the light was gone, and Shirou was nowhere to be found.

For those who happened to be nearby, a bright flash of green light unceremoniously deposited a young man with light skin and short red hair onto the ground. He wore dark blue jeans, brown and grey hiking shoes, a brown nubuck jacket, and a black T-shirt.

The air was driven from Shirou's lungs as he fell back-first onto a hard, cold surface. He groaned and coughed as he tried to blink away the spots in his vision from the flash. Luckily he hadn't fallen very far, nothing felt broken.

As he pushed himself up and opened his eyes, he found himself in shock. He was in some sort of city...or rather the ruins of one. Everything was derelict and falling apart, with broken down, abandoned vehicles and other detrius strewn everywhere. More disturbingly, there were remains of what appeared to be giant creatures and robots spread all across the city, and huge swaths of the earth itself were cracked and tilted, forming massive, uneven geological shelves in the terrain.

Shirou stood up and looked all around, the same scenery repeating for as far as the eye could see. Even the sea itself was strewn with the corpses of giants, mechanical and biological. The overcast sky was darkened with the setting sun, and snow was beginning to fall. He shivered as he felt the cold begin to sink in, pulling his jacket closed and zipping it up.

"What...happened here?" He breathed, struggling to comperehend what could have wrought such destruction. Even the Great Fuyuki Fire seemed to pale in comparison. Other thoughts raced through his head as well. Where was this place? What was that green light just now? Was there anyone left alive here?

It was then that he heard the rumbling echo of what sounded like jet engines. As he looked up, he spotted the sillouette of a strange aircraft cruising though the sky in the distance. He also spotted what appeared to be some sort of vehicle further down the road. Unlike the others, it was moving, and there were people walking beside it, steadily approaching in his direction. It didn't seem like they had noticed him yet.

Deciding that this was his best lead for finding out where he was and what happened here, Shirou dusted himself off and began moving to get a closer look at the vehicle and the people around it, keeping crouched below the abandoned cars to avoid being spotted. He hoped they were friendly, but given that he was in the midst of some unknown ruined city, he couldn't take that chance just yet.

...He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at that thought. Less than a year ago, he probably would have just walked right up to greet them without a second thought. It seemed that some of Rin's calculating nature had rubbed off on him after all.

As the unknown convey approached, Shirou, Tsunade, and Hei would have a better view of them from their hiding places. They didn't look like friendlies.

latest

There were a battalion of these men wondering the road, each holding assault rifles and pistols holstered to their hips. They looked just as lost as the others were, aimless in their search of figuring out where they were in this ruined world. All of them were huddled together around a tank unlike any other.

matthias-develtere-halftrack3.jpg

Not to mention several of these:

super_soldier_1961_wolfenstein_monstersvault_02-790x444.jpg

Three of these:

wolfenstein_panzerhund1960_02.jpg

And two of these:

SdKfz234-2_side_view.jpg

They analyzed the buildings around them; some searching the abandoned shops for supplies, like food and water, or information of any kind about where they were. They further down the road they marched, the closer they got to where the three were hiding. Just as they were to reach them, a commander, standing halfway out the tank's entrance hatch, shouted, "Halt!" The ships flew past, the ones Shirou had caught a glimpse of. The Germans watched as it flew by, seeing it disappear over the rooftops of the buildings. "Ein anderes Schiff! Irgendwo in der Stadt muss es einen Stützpunkt geben!" A soldier shouted to the commander, pointing to where it had disappeared.

"In welche Richtung ging es?" The commander asked

"Nordwesten, Kommandant!"

"Dann folgen wir ihm! Hoffentlich sind sie Mitdeutsche in diesem fremden Land!" Before they could start moving again, another green flash appeared behind them as they gawked over the ship. When they turned to face who it was that had appeared just as they had, they were greeted with.......... The oddest thing possible.

kirby-eat.jpg

The little pink guy was sitting on the ground, looking up at two Nazi soldiers, who looked right back at him, then to each other, then back to the commander, then back to Kirby, who hadn't moved. After a second of silence, the little guy waved with a confused look on his face, before the soldiers then shouted, "ALARM!" And then aimed their guns right at his face to shoot him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ships destination would bring them to a mall, one with a massive hole on its roof big enough to land one inside. They would each have to land one at a time, then ride back out to give room to the rest. The scenery had changed, but it was also still the same. Cold, snowy, and not much life, only now more darkness.

1c9c38254ebed0be5152dda9f404ab0d.jpg

Alec, feeling better looked around, seeing if anyone was inside with them, but no such life around. Only himself and the group.
"I didn't really do anything." replied Alistia. "Well, I did, but not as much as you'd think. I just... reached out to the earth, to the planet itself, and let my will merge with its own for a brief moment. I wished for a small sanctuary and the planet also wished for that, though it may have been me wishing upon it or it wishing upon me... and then, through me, it appeared. To be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure that any of my actual magic is here." she said as she brought her staff around the dome in a sweeping motion. "That this is all just the planet. It's a bit hard to tell where I end and the world begins with a spell like this."

But, with that, the call came in. She wasn't even certain that they had heard her explanation.

"Who is THAT Garrus?" she asked, curious. She could tell a lot just by the word and tone of voice. That this Garrus person was likely someone important, likely famous, and clearly worth looking up to to these people. But beyond that... she had no clue at all. "Though I must ask, you are clearly a soldier in service to this USS nation. Do you know why this city is deserted by any chance? Is there some war happening and this place is a battleground between the USS and some other nation? Since you are part of the navy, maybe you are from Limsa? No. You wouldn't call it that if this was another dimension even if it does exist... I'm sorry. I am rambling a bit here."

"What?" Alistia said all this rather suddenly and fast, with Alec unable to decide which to answer first, before she apologized for her erratic line of questioning. "Oh, no no no, it's fine, just... I feel really off." His stomach had calmed down, but now he felt like he was going to have a stroke. "But, it's okay, I'll be fine. Garrus is a hero from my world, worked with a woman called Shepard. Commanded a ship and stopped some bad lad called Saren from bringing back very big and powerful beings called Reapers. It's a bit hard to explain it all, but very big hero from where I come from, and if he's here, I'm curious if Shepard is too." Having a leader like Shepard around, one who had done the impossible before, would benefit them in having a voice to follow. Something to organize them with. Alec didn't really trust someone like Thor to be that leader, if only because he sounded a bit egotistic, and Calltinus he had just met, but Shepard was a hero. One you could easily follow..... Even if she was maybe working for a pro-human group that's been lambasted for illegal experimentation on humans and other species... She did come back from the dead, which also made Cerberus a bit of the boogeymen for humans.​

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Shirou felt his blood turn cold with dread as he got a clear view of the group, reinforcing his vision to confirm what he was seeing. He wasn't a huge history buff, but there was no mistaking the meaning of that angled swastika. The presence of the stylized eagles, the bar-crosses, and the style of their armor (especially their helmets), only confirmed it. These guys were Nazis. Any possible doubt he might have had about this conclusion was swept away when he heard one of them shout out in German.

It was unbelievable. Of all the things Shirou thought he might encounter, literal Nazis were not one of them. He knew about the existence of Neo-Nazi hate groups, but this was a full-fledged military unit. More bizarre still was that they had giant armored troops and what appeared to be dog-shaped robots with sharp metal teeth. Overall, they appeared significantly more advanced than what he remembered of their World War II counterparts.

Regardless of how nonsensical it seemed, the fact was that there were a few hundred armed troops heading in his direction. Shirou very much doubted he would receive a fair welcome from them, and he really didn't want to approach such hateful people for help regardless. And trying to fight such a large force on his own would be all but suicidal, even with Unlimited Blade Works. At least when he fought Gilgamesh, the golden bastard was enough of an arrogant idiot to hold back his full power, and even then he had only barely survived. These guys almost certainly wouldn't be so reserved.

Under the circumstances, he decided it would be best to get out of here and find another lead. Maybe he'd have better luck following the aircraft. Unfortunately, it seemed the Nazis had noticed it as well. If the aircraft wasn't from a hostile group, maybe he could warn them...

His train of thought was interrupted upon seeing a familiar, bright green flash erupt just behind the Nazis' front line. It quickly disappeared, leaving behind a small, round, pink...puffball...with a cute face, nubby little pink arms, and round, stubby red feet.

Shirou had seen some strange creatures during the Grail War and his subsequent studies at the Clock Tower, but he had never seen anything like this. It looked like something straight out of a kids' cartoon or video game. "What is that?"

Then, when the pink guy waved an arm, the Nazi soldiers who had turned around shouted out in alarm and raised their guns-

Shirou reacted before consciously thinking, quickly reinforcing his legs and launching forward from his hiding spot, kicking up a cloud of dust and rubble. As he arced through the air, he projected a pair of bastard swords and fired them directly at the two troops, trying to strike them before they shot the pink guy. As he hit the ground, he kicked up another cloud of debris as he leaped forward again toward the batallion, weaving his way between and over the wrecked vehicles and debris on the road.

"Rho Aias," he breathed, holding up an arm and generating a shimmering, pink energy shield in front of him, keeping it raised in an attempt to deflect any incoming bullets. He only generated three out of seven layers for now, to conserve his energy.

His new plan, which he completely made up on the fly, was to charge in, grab the pink guy before the Nazis killed him, and then get the hell out.

Last edited:

Abby squints her eyes to try and get a closer look that way somehow, and cusses herself out mentally for not packing one set of binoculars or even a scoped rifle. The Survivalist only had the iron sights.

"What I see, is a lot of metal moving, and people moving with 'em. Lotta trouble we best not get into." She looks at the ships. "Hope these things got somethin' to fire back with if they fixin' for a fight." She looks away in time to miss the green flash of a new arrival behind the group and walks to the last ship to be filled up after overhearing the ad-hoc rescue.

"Alec, you feelin-" Abby starts to ask and stops, as she is very surprised by what looks to her like a living nightmare. Like some vengeful spirit from a campfire story. The other newcomers, a man in power armor more advanced than she's ever seen, and an attractive woman in very fancy clothing and a sword, don't look alarmed by it though. So must be a friendly? Abby still grips her rifle a little tighter. She gets close to Alec and kneels down to look over him.

"Lookin' green round the gills there Alec, and it's nothin another stim would fix. May just have to ride this part out." She gives him her assessment and says, to the pilot of this ship if they're listening "We got a convoy that may not be friendly down below! I reckon we don't want 'em seeing wherever we going."

During the flight Abby takes off her pack and gets Alec one of her bottles of purified water.

"Here, try to keep this down.Even a handsome boy like you don't look good in greenface." She smiles at him, hoping it and the water will make feel a little better.

When their ship lands Abby slings her pack on and treads lightly on the ice they step onto. She looks into the darkness, determining what this place is from her experience.

"Looks like one of them 'shopping malls' from California. Just covered in snow instead of sand. Abby sticks close to Alec, as he's still the worst off of the group. "I say we take one of these here stores, make a fire." She suggests strongly.

Clone Tsunade does not like the look of this group the longer she examines them from her vantage point a story up in a ruined building, with only a cursory glance up to see where those flying machines are headed.

The armor of the men look akin to the armor of the samurai from the Land of Iron, except instead of swords they wield metal weapons wholly unfamiliar to her. The men were strange and concerning. The things they walk with were even stranger and more concerning to the point Clone Tsunade contemplates dissipating herself so that Real Tsunade would know what was coming and seek shelter farther away from them. Large metal men, even larger metal beasts, and wheeled vehicles. All speaking a language she can't understand, but the way the words are said and the men react, she recognizes a military group.

In the cold air there was the smell of oil along with the black smoke put out by the vehicles as they move.

Oil. The metal things are combustible then, if I could get fire past their armor.

Just as Clone Tsunade is about to disappear herself to pass on this information, there is a green flash at the rear of the convoy. The same that had enveloped her when she was about to enter the Hokage office.

Please be someone from Konoha. Or Suna. Any of the shinobi villages.

What is dropped by the green light, is a very adorable creature, much to her chagrin.

Is that a living ball of mochi?

Two soldiers don't receive the creature's wave 'Hello' well. Clone Tsunade sees no reason to harm such a harmless-looking thing, so she thinks to intervene to save it. Get the soldier's attention, distract them so it could run away.

Evidently the young man seen before has the same idea, but is quicker to act. Clone Tsunade makes the hand signals for a technique and leaps from her hiding spot.

" 臆病者!" She yells to get their attention upwards before a torrent of fire erupts from her mouth and falls down onto the battalion, the apex of it on the largest metal machine. Anyone inside it would feel the heat of the blast, but it wasn't meant to cook them alive. The soldiers would certainly feel that way though. No it was only meant to distract and scatter the battalion for Clone Tsunade to come falling down fist-first. Her target is not the tanks, or the metal dogs, or any soldier; it is the ground on which they stand that she hits with a focused burst of chakra.

The frozen ground cracks open under her fist, capturing any soldier or vehicle that had not scattered from the blast zone of the firebomb.

In all this mayhem, the soldiers would fire their weapons at her at one or all points of their attack, and maybe by the time she's put a crater in the middle of their formation she is riddled with bullets. No matter. Clone Tsunade takes those hits, and disappears in a puff of white smoke with all the chakra spent on her creation now gone.

The Real Tsunade receives everything her clone has experienced, and without wasting time runs to that same location to assess the damage done and see if she was successful in helping that creature and the young man escape.

A rope had come down to Lavaetain, allowing her, Michael, and the strange creature to be hauled up to a flying ship. Had Lavaetain seen such a ship in her world she would have reacted completely differently to it. After all, for all it's advancements in magic and science, no nation in the world had achieved a ship like this yet. However she was, quite distinctly, not in said world. There was no reason a ship straight out of some science fiction game couldn't exist. She was, after all, fighting alongside a zombie that was self-aware, well-spoke, and not trying to eat her brains out. And the ship was full of further interesting sights including things like a woman with feline features. Still, Lavaetain knew her place in such a location.

A few quick flames rippled along her body, burning away the cold and water into mist, as she stood smartly at attention. "Lavaetain. Last name forsaken. Fourth of the six heroes of the American Empire. Rank: None. Serial number: None. Mage number: 20172819. Bounded weapon: Lavaetain. Two-handed flame blade. Station: Emperors Lef... Emperors Right Hand. No standing orders. Willing to listen and follow." she rattled off in a manner of pure soldierly professionalism as she was rescued. "Thank you for the rescue."

Alistia gave Alec a pat on the shoulder. "Maybe so. Maybe not. I hope none of my fellow Scions are present here and that I am the only one whom was taken myself. But if she is here then it would be best that we find her soon. Do you have any way to contact her? Maybe ask this Garrus fellow if he knows her linksh... her radio channel? Maybe she's safe. Maybe she needs help."

With that done she turned to the newcomes, coming on over to them in kind. She first looked Lavaetain up and over as she cast a cure spell on her, then over to Michael.

"You're undead." she observed simply enough. "Can you be healed? If so I will offer it freely but I don't know if I will heal or hurt you." she said simply enough before moving over to Dusk to fuss over.

"Well, at least most of us won't need a bath for a while after this now." she remarked simply enough.

Nomad

After the people got in whichever cargo hold of the ships, Nomad would follow the coordinates given to the letter. Although he did lower the volume of the music once someone spoke. Saying something about possible attacks and their weaponry capability.

"Don't know about Kingpin nor Horus' ships, but my ship is more built for exploration and speed. So armor and speed mixed to make this beauty of a ship." He'd say. His Ghost would pitch in.

"That and whatever they have would have to be beat what the Fallen, Hive and Cabal could manage."

Before silence could awkwardly made itself present, Nomad would call back into the cargo hold. "Anyone got a song request? Got a decent selection and such." And if anyone did make a request, he'd find something like it if he didn't have it or play the music requested.

When they arrived at the destination detailed in the coordinates, it didn't look any better than the busted up building. Granted, it had more walls and actual protection from the winds. But the lack of a welcome party or their mysterious caller had Nomad on edge, granted it could be paranoia born from being a Hunter. "Kingpin, Horus. I ain't liking the look of this. Keep your heads on a swivel and your guns ready." He'd say to the Guardians on their secured channel as they landed.

Nomad would let his hand remain on the grip for the Last Word, as he remain some distance away from the group. Just close enough he'd be able to assist should things hit the fan, his head looking at anything that moved. His skills as a Hunter making sure that if something looked out of the ordinary or moved, it'd be noticed by him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delsin Rowe

His hand was mildly red from contact with cold metal, but a few seconds letting the Smoke curl around his hand and the cold feeling and pain went away pretty quick.

While they waited for the transports to come back for them, Delsin would strike up a conversation with the Knight. "So, what do you think of what's going on, cause unless we find a magical heater, just moving to a new building isn't gonna do much."

Judging from how cold it was getting in just a few hours, they would need something to fight off the cold. Thicker clothes, fire in an enclosed space with the only thing open to the air is a hole for the smoke to be released so they don't smoke themselves out. Then there was the food situation and water. There was a lot of things they needed to avoid dying from the elements.

He'd let the sleeves slip back to being by his wrists, and stuffing his hands into his hoodie pockets after popping up the hood to fight the cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hei

Hei considered pulling back as the now armored up Nazi convoy's numbers passed by. Followed by hulking armored up individuals and what looked like a robot dog. Then there was the three armored vehicles, one was a tank while the other two looked to be primarily anti-vehicle.

Numbers were not on his side, hell he could think of at least four different Contractors he had worked with that could make up for the indifference in number. Even if they were on opposing sides, they could easily eliminate a large number of the enemy force. Mai, Wei, The Dog, Havoc. Any combination, Hei didn't care.

But almost everyone on the list were dead or missing. Hei personally could attest to it. The only one who wasn't confirmed was Mai, as she wasn't among the dead during the fight three years ago.

But things changed as some pink blob showed up, and a random young man jumped out, summoning swords while trying to make a getaway. Things looked bad, but then a newcomer showed up, calling out in what seemed like Japanese. Then with enough force to shatter the ground, sending the convoy into chaos while also being riddled with bullets. That was then Hei wondered if the woman and boy were fellow Contractors due the boy summoning swords while the woman turned into smoke. Leaving many of them confused.

But Hei could see some of them were in puddles and on ice. Thinking back to his encounter with November 11 and the conductivity of ice and water. So putting his gloved hand into water, his outline would glow blue as Lancelnoptchrotron Radiation occurred and his eye glowing red as his power activated. Within seconds, the soldiers standing in the water and any ice connecting to the water he was touching would get fried, their metal armor and equipment not helping, some screamed while others had so many volts rushed through them. At best, he got close to eleven soldiers. But his attack did not go unnoticed, as the other soldiers around the ones fried turned and would see him.

Within a split second, Hei threw himself back narrowing dodging a spray of rounds. And within three seconds, he had busted through the door in the alleyway, cutting through the building as the soldiers opened fire on his last position and chased after him. Though by the time he got to his last position, he was long gone.

The split attention from the Nazi-forces, would hopefully give the boy and the pink blob enough time to get away.

While he cut around to essentially meet up with the boy and the pink blob, they'd see him in an alleyway along their path running away, waving them over to run off in a direction where the soldiers hadn't been near.

@AIM Leader Wade @littlekreen @Not_Amy @Snowtwo @BobTheNinja

Last edited: