The Elder Scrolls: Rising Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

O|NoSoul

Original poster
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Elder Scrolls: Rising Storm[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] (co-GMs:[/BCOLOR] Glaciercold & O|NoSoul[BCOLOR=transparent])[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Our story begins in Northern Tamriel, it is the 202nd year of the 4th Era, and Tamriel is faced with dangers of unimaginable proportions...[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent] It has been mere months since the dragon crisis in Skyrim, with Alduin and Miraak's defeat, the mysterious Dragonborn disappeared from the world. However, Tamriel was in no better shape than it was before. The north in particular suffers from major bouts of instability. From the daily power-plays, small wars and coups of High Rock, to the unresolved civil war and ruthless Clan politics in Skyrim, and rumors of the Nerevarine's return in Morrowind, The peace of Imperial rule is[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] merely a faint memory.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] To the east, however, people of another land lie in wait. Akavir, historically a rival of Tamriel, sees a perfect moment for conquest. Through a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]combination of negotiation and warfare between the Akaviri nations, a seemingly impossible alliance was forged. With a combined military of unimaginable power, the Land of the Dragons (Akavir) now has its eyes set on Dawn's Beauty (Tamriel).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Finally, a hidden threat beyond that of traditional warfare has emerged. An ancient band of sloads struck a deal with the daedric prince Namira for the secret of [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Lichdom[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. Having survived against Tamriel's All Flag Navy during the first era, and later barely escaping a Tsaesci raid, these dreaded necromancers vowed to stop at nothing short of razing both Tamriel and Akavir to the ground.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] The focus of this RP will be leading a faction based in either High Rock, Skyrim or Morrowind. The fate of your people rest on you and your fellow leaders' hands. Will you use politics and war to bring peace and unity? Or will you completely annihilate your foes? The decision is up to you.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] For the sake of creating a smooth RP experience, in-depth knowledge of ES lore would be useful, but not exactly necessary. The goal is to have a story based on Elder Scrolls lore but remain mostly independent from majority of the established events so we can have the freedom to fully utilize our creativity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Everyone should control a maximum of three leaders in a single faction, these factions can be a major political entity, an infamous outfit of lawbreakers or anything plausible that your can think of. Custom factions can be of all sorts, as long as they are lore-compliant, they will be accepted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Rules
Rules
Rules
Rules
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]This is a traditional storytelling RP, not a competitive strategy simulator. This means that everyone should work together in OOC to determine the future of the plot. Be friendly and cooperative in OOC, hostile attitude will be a surefire way for your rapid expulsion out of the airlock.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No godmodding or meta-gaming, just the basic stuff that applies to every RP[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Please try to follow as much lore as possible (circa 4E 201), at least in the beginning. You can always develop your faction in your own direction later on.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the leader of your faction, you do not know all the events around the world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With any large scale invasions and troop movements, you have to declare war. That can mean covertly through PM or overtly through OOC, no matter what you choose, let us know if you're going to blow stuff up.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nirn is a medieval styled fantasy world, with no modern communication such as phones, internet etc. Magic will speed up communication, but your orders are still not carried out instantly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Speaking of communications, try to have 2 posts before you respond. Please collaborate in PM or a third party source before posting. That being said DO NOT BOG DOWN THE PACING OF THE RP BY GETTING INVOLVED IN TOO MANY COLLABS.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Remember that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, that means if you do something extreme, your people are not going to like it.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

Questions go in this thread, guys. Feel free to show interest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Glaciercold
Tentatively curious about this...

Oh man, yes please! I'm very interested.

If anyone's wondering why there are 4 additional rules fields, so am I. BBcode doesn't seem to like me as of late.

I'm glad people are getting interested in this. However tentatively it is. Hopefully we can turn you into a true believer and get you to be a regular around here. Trust me, errbody, this interest check might look bare bones, but we have everything fleshed out in a separate google doc. I just didn't want to put anything in the interest check that isn't relevant at the moment.

I hope we can get this going. I wish to play all of the beast races. And orcs.

Definitely interested.

Every time I write up an awesome dunmer for an RP it DIES OFF all of a sudden.

Then again, this happens with every single Elder Scrolls RP I try to join.

3/4, guys. SOON. Once we can get that oh-so-important 4th person, I'll put up the Faction sheet. For sake of neatness and discretion, we'll require you to send your sheets to both me and Glacier so we may convene and discuss your sheet with you, individually.

Oh lovely. Applications.

I love applications.

You want a forth person? You've got a forth person.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

Brb making a new Khajiit to take pretty screenshots of.

30a0888d-64ea-4796-84cd-bd4239d5bd48_zpsd58b3b9b.png

Reactions: O|NoSoul
I'll wait for the hype train's delivery schedule before I get aboard.

We're still accepting applicants, people. Don't be shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.