The Dragon and the Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he'd said he would try and see what he could do for her, but she firmly believed that he could fix her problem by the next day. However, the thought didn't last as she pitched forward in a tired flop. Leon caught her by the arm before she could fall completely and hurt her wing further, but she was out like a light. Sighing, he leaned forward, gathering the rest of her limp body in his arms. She was remarkably light for having such big wings, but her frame was small and her bones were probably light. She seemed to be built like a bird, which spared him a heavy haul back to his guest room.

Pushing the door open with his foot, Leon walked to the bed and set Starling on one side. A blanket rested at the foot of the bed, and he used that to cover her up for the night so she wouldn't get cold. He consistently had cool air flowing throughout his house, and while it was nice for him, any guests he had always quipped at how freezing it was.

Making sure Starling was snug in the blanket, he closed the door, but not before he swiped his jacket from the floor. Brushing the jacket out as he walked, Leon returned to his room and dressed himself in more appropriate clothing for sleeping. It didn't take him long to follow down the same path as Starling, remembering that the next day brought about the weekend and he wouldn't have to work. It was better; he could stay with Starling so she wouldn't get into trouble.

The next day brought warm sunshine filtering through his blinds, but he was used to it. Getting up early was almost relaxing, as it granted him the peace and quiet he enjoyed before his day started. Pulling himself from bed, Leon shuffled to his kitchen with a yawn and a single comb of his fingers through his hair. He flicked on his coffee maker, one of his most prized possessions in the current age. His morning ritual always consisted of coffee and something to read, but this morning had an addition: Starling. He wasn't sure about waking her up, so the morning found him sitting in his chair with nothing more than a pair of fleece pants, a mug of coffee, and a bare hardback book.

Starling had curled up in the bed, eyes shut tightly as she practically hugged herself. She was in the air again, flying. But was she chasing or following someone? Come back! Was that her voice or someone else? She couldn't tell and it was driving her mad, she just knew she had to continue forward. The blackness she was inhad suddenly been illuminated by the stars, hundreds upon thousands of them surrounding her, shooting past her like weapons trying to break her down. Pain radiated from her wing and she lost control, diving closer and closer to the ground.

"No! Lift up! Lift up!" She cried out in her sleep, rolling onto her back and pressing the injured wing. The jolt of pain woke her up with a yelp and she sat up, panting and drenched in sweat. Light streamed in from the window, lighting up the white sheets that were slightly damp from her sweat as well. She pushed the sheets off of her form and stood up, wincing from her aching feet before staggering out of the room and looking around.

It looked different during the day, now that she was more awake and looking around. This place was so strange, nothing like she had ever seen... She thought? Her head started hurting as she tried to remember her home, finally finding the way to the kitchen and blinking at Leon as she laid eyes on him.

"Good morning." Starling said with a bright smile, pushing back the memory of the nightmare. She leaned against one of the counters slightly, swapping her weight from one foot to the other to give them breaks every so often. Golden waves of hair stuck to part of her sweat covered face and neck, tangled in some bits and looking messy from her collision into the dirt. Now that the light was around it was easier to see her whole body was like that, patches of dirt and grass stains all over her tunic like outfit as well as her skin. Despite it all she continued to smile, just happy she hadn't broken her neck on the way down. "I'm sorry for collapsing earlier, I hope I wasn't too much trouble."

Leon canted his head to the side nearest to the door as Starling yelped. However, he didn't stir from his seat. She would have to show herself when she was ready. If he coddled her, the wing would never heal. Besides, he didn't know what she was experiencing, and he couldn't help that. So when she showed herself, he simply nodded. "Morning," he replied, keeping his eyes on his book. As she continued to speak, he only took a few sips of his coffee. He reached the end of his chapter, and that was the catalyst for any reaction. "It's fine," he added, "you cleaned up most of my floor. I'll take care of it later." A quick once over showed him that she was dirty from head to toe and that her strange clothing was tattered.

"Do you feel any better?" he asked as he pushed himself from his seat. He drained the rest of his coffee, setting his book aside. "I'll be speaking with my contact soon and perhaps he might be able to come over and look at your wing today." For now, he would have to give her new clothes so whatever dress she had on could be thrown away. "I can also provide you with some different clothes if you'd like."

Starling looked down, seeing her dirty legs and clothing better now that she was in a new light. "I suppose I will need new clothes-- But can I keep these ones somewhere safe? I don't know why, but i feel like I really need them! Maybe they will help me remember more in the future?" She ran her fingers along the dirty blue line at the end of her tunic, looking at it thoughtfully. The color meant something, but what? With a sigh she just nodded. "I feel better though, still a little sore, but nothing too bad. Thank you Mister Leon."

Her cheeks puffed out a bit, however, as she moved over to the sink to wet a rag once more. "I told you I'd clean up the mess I made. It i my fault so I am cleaning it-- And don't you dare tell me no." She still sounded cheerful through it all, the last bit more of a teasing than anything before Starling carefully got on her knees to scrub at the kitchen floor. "I really hope your contact can do something about my wing, it still hurts and I want it to heal as soon as possible. I... Think I used to go flying every morning." She scrunched her eyes a bit in thought, remembering a bit but still foggy. Her face lit up though. "I'm remembering though, that's really good right?!"

Leon couldn't really stop her if she wanted to keep the tattered rag she called her outfit, so he simply gave her a nod as he set his mug in the sink. "I don't know," he answered, and it was the honest truth. He had only witnessed her descent from the stars and nothing else. However she had fallen was a mystery, one that he wasn't quite that determined to solve. However, any information that would help him send her back home was good enough for him, even if she currently lacked that information.

Her quip about flying every day caught him, and he paused at grabbing his book from the counter. If only she knew....

"I'm sure that my contact will do her best to help you," he said, noting that she was indeed on the ground again, trying to finish what she'd started last night. Determination was set in her orange-brown eyes, and though she was injured, there was no stopping her. "Don't move so fast," he instructed, "else you'll mess up what I did for you last night."

Stepping aside, Leon moved to his phone, punching in a number that he hadn't used in months. Walking to his room, he held the phone to his ear as he changed into more appropriate clothing for meeting someone. "Thank you for calling Treehill Veterinarian Hospital, how may I help you?" a feminine voice chimed on the other end.

"I'd like to speak with Dr. Stevenson, please."

"May I ask who's calling? She's currently examining a patient, so she's unable to take calls."

"Leon Asherton."

"Oh, Mr. Asherton! You should have told me it was you. I'm Stacy. You helped me get a job here!"

"Glad to hear you're doing well, Stacy. Have Miranda give me a call when she can, alright?"

"Will do! Thanks!" Leon hung up and pressed the phone to his forehead. If his friend was out for the day with other animals, it was possible that he would have to wait days for her to even think about granting him a personal visit. Neither he nor Starling would be able to wait that long, and her wing was only bound to get worse if that was the case.

After throwing on a shirt, Leon milled around his own room and started to go back toward the kitchen when the phone rang again. "Hello?"

"Leon! So nice to hear from you! Stacy told me you called?"

"Yes, though I didn't expect to hear back so soon. I need a favor."

"You, Leon?" she giggled. Miranda was incredibly smart when it came to animal science, but she often had the mindset of a playful child. "I never thought I'd see the day. What'cha need, hon?"

"Well...." There was no real way to word what he wanted to say. Starling wasn't an animal, but she had feathery, bird-like wings. She seemed to be half-animal, but it almost seemed like an insult to refer to her as such. "It's complicated, but I would appreciate it if you could make the time to come down here to see what I have for you."

"A surprise? How exciting! I'm off early today for the weekend. I had a previous patient come in who was recovering from an accident. Does tonight work?"

"Yes." Leon hung up on Miranda's squealing with a sigh, setting the phone down. How the veterinarian was going to handle a young, winged woman, he didn't really know.

Last edited:
Starling sat back, wiping her brow and examining her handy work. The floors had been cleaned properly while Leon was in his room, leaving her time to look around the kitchen. There was some sort of aroma she had never smelled before, bringing her over to a strange machine. She squinted at the black liquid within, wondering what on earth it could be. Her fingers reached out to touch at the coffee machine, smiling with interest as she felt the warmth. Was this what he had been drinking? She bent down a bit, careful of her wing, and sniffed at it.

It was stronger smelling up close, and tickled at her nose a bit. She stepped back, hand still resting on the machine as she struggled to maintain something.

"Achoo!"

Leon would have most likely heard a loud crash and a yelp from Starling who was then on the other side of the kitchen with her hands over her mouth. The coffee machine lay broken on the ground, smoldering as if something hot had hit it. "Oh no... Oh no oh no."

It was mere seconds after Leon's second call that he heard a snapping crash from the other room. He flung his door open and jogged to his kitchen. Had Starling hurt herself again? He wasn't sure what he would do if she injured herself further. When he came upon his kitchen, he found Starling shocked, but unscathed. However, his coffee maker was not in such a state. Smoke curled from the broken top as the machine lay in several large pieces on the floor. The remnants of the lukewarm coffee had spilled alongside the machine, and now the liquid was running along the smooth hardwood of his floor. The strangest part about the whole ordeal was that the coffee machine appeared to have partially melted in some places.

"How did this happen?" he asked. His voice was dangerously calm, but he didn't appear to be holding back any biting remarks. He glanced over at the fearful looking Starling, light green eyes searching for any hints of guilt. However, the look didn't last long as he swiped paper towels from the roll on the counter, bending to mop up the lost coffee. He had to flick open the lid to his trash can to discard the broken coffee maker, as it didn't look like it could easily be repaired.

Well, that was half of his morning ritual gone in a flash.

"I-I Don't know." Starling replied in a quiet voice, her strange eyes meeting with his. They had relaxed more instead of bugging out with shock like when he had first appeared into the kitchen, but now her eyes brows had upturned more and a look of guilt had crossed along her features. "I'm really sorry, Mister Leon. I don't know what it is, but I didn't mean to break it. It smelled strange so I went to have a closer look, then I sneezed and next thing I know it was on the ground like that." She looked down at her hand that had been resting on the coffee pot previously. It looked completely normal, and she had felt a bit of pressure during the sneeze, but of course her eyes had been closed.

"Was I not supposed to touch it? Does it do that if you touch it wrong?" The poor woman was clearly confused, not sure if she had done something at this point, or if the machine did it on her own. This place was filled with so many strange things, how would she know what was okay to touch and what wasn't? Unlike last time, she didn't go near the mess, still standing as close to the wall as she could without touching it, as if frightened the object or even liquid might blow up.

Her guilt seemed genuine as he looked at her again, though it was sad to see his prized possession in pieces on the floor. He stifled irritated words and opted to remain silent as he worked. Starling seemed too innocent to have intentionally caused him problems, but the point remained that his coffee maker was now ruined. After disposing off all the pieces and wiping the coffee from the floor, he straightened up and glanced around the kitchen. The counters seemed too open and empty without the contraption, but the more he thought about his lack of caffeine, the angrier he was going to get.

"No, it's not supposed to... explode if you press the wrong button," he answered, pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes. He wanted to mourn his coffee, but Starling seemed so frightened of anything in his house that he had to figure something out. "My contact is coming over later this evening. She'll be able to take a look at your injuries for you," he continued, avoiding any talk about his former coffee maker. "Her name is Miranda, and she takes care of animals. She's likely going to have experience with wings."

Starling had mumbled another apology before sitting down in one of the chairs, looking down at her dirty feet and clothes while he spoke. "That's good to hear-- About your friend, not the broken machine! I, uhm... Ugh." Se buried her face in her hands, her good wing wrapping around to hide her from his view. This was embarrassing, she felt like an idiot here, a lost child that didn't know what anything did. She didn't know her age but she felt like she was older than a teenager, yet the way she was acting... Was that how she was or had it been the amnesia? Who was she?

A sigh escaped her, wishing the woman would just appear out of thin air and fix her wing right off the bat, at the very least she would be able to go into the sky again. "Mister Leon... Do you think I'm an animal of some sort? I mean, I look like your kind but you don't have wings. Even if I don't know who I am, it would be nice to know what I am." The wing lowered slightly just so she could peek over the wing and look at him, eyes still flicking to the garbage can where the exploding contraption had been. It was clear she did not trust it.

Starling seemed so lost, and not in the physical sense. Yes, she'd been thrown about during the fall, but she'd lost all memory of who she was. Leon had lived for a very long time, but he could remember when he was young to that moment, and everything in between. Starling was not so lucky, and with her missing memory, her maturity seemed to have gone with it. She was much like a child... a child who was capable of flying and melting plastic and metal.

Her raised voice caught his ears, and he glanced to her huddled form at the table. "No, I don't think you're an animal," he said, leaning against the counter. It was hard to discern what she really was. Mythical legends would consider her an angel, and at the moment, it was all he had to go off of. Again, her simple words about his lack of wings bit right into his feelings, and she wasn't even trying. She had no idea what he'd been through and what he was once capable of.

He reined in his thoughts and tried to rake his mind for information about what she could be. "Here, many people believe in angels. An angel is someone who looks very similar to you, and they often guide people on the right path in their life, though they often are religious legends."

The wing slowly lowered until it rested around her back once more. "An... Angel?" She questioned, eyebrows knitting together slightly. "I guess I could be, I don't know." She was finally able to look away from the trash can, eyes now focusing on her wings behind her. "I just wish I could remember something about myself. Maybe I was sent here to help someone then?" Starling stopped herself, bowing her head slightly. "Oh, but then that would mean I failed right? If I'm supposed to be helping someone and instead I'm the one needing it."

Starling sighed, rubbing at her face for a moment as she tried to think. "My head hurts. Any time I try to remember something my head just starts throbbing. This isn't fair, I just want to know who I am." She was getting frustrated, ontop of all that her stomach felt empty. She didn't want to bother him anymore though, so her hands lowered and she released a sigh. "I'm sorry, I'm getting worked up over assumptions, we don't even know if I really am an angel. I think I need to lay down a bit longer, thank you."

Without anything else to say, Starling turned and did her best to force herself not to run to the room. She buried her face in the pillows, muffling a groan of frustration.

There were no good words to say as Starling thought about her current crisis. Leon had encountered many a thing in his life, but an angel was not one of them. He resolved to thinking about his broken coffee maker and when he would find the time to buy a new one, considering he had a guest. Rather than mourn the loss of his caffeine, Starling chose to lay down. The frustration emanating from her was palpable, and he could only nod at her departure. It left him with the entire rest of his morning, afternoon, and evening to think about what he was going to do about Starling. His home wasn't enough for her. She would have to return to wherever she'd come from, even if neither of them knew just where that was.

In the long period of time he waited, Leon cleaned the rest of his kitchen, finished his book, and made calls to those who needed them. It was nearing 5 o'clock when he finally sat back in his chair. He reveled in resting for only three seconds before there was a rapid knock on his door. With a hefty sigh, Leon pushed himself from the confines of his chair and shuffled down the hall. When he opened the door, a very perky and excited Miranda was waiting for him. "What do you have for me?" she asked without taking a breath, zooming past him into his house.

"Hello to you too," he muttered before straightening and following his second guest. He found her scanning his kitchen for whatever injured animal she thought he had. "You must stay quiet. She's sleeping right now."

"She? Oh, Leon, just show me! I know my way around any animal!" Miranda huffed, setting her bag down and giving him a playful, impatient glare. Leon resisted the urge to pinch his nose before he waved her over. Together, they walked toward the guest room. Leon gave the knob a quiet turn before the door creaked open. Miranda peered inside and stifled a gasp, throwing her hand over her mouth. "You didn't tell me it was a girl!" she whispered harshly.

"That's because you didn't ask," Leon answered, earning him a slap on the arm. "Be quiet." They both looked back toward Starling. The blanket was hanging halfway off of the bed along with one of Starling's bare, injured feet. The wounded wing was still safe in Leon's bindings, but the other was limp, draping over the rest of her body. She appeared to be asleep as far as either of them could tell, but Miranda didn't get to investigate further, as Leon closed the door in her face.

"How did this happen?" Miranda demanded as they reentered the kitchen.

"She... fell from the sky," he replied, voice flat. Miranda blinked at him twice before she shook her head. "I don't know how else to say it. Whether or not you believe me isn't up for discussion. The point is, she's here now and she's hurt. I couldn't very well leave her alone outside with a broken wing and damaged feet."

"No, I know... It's just... remarkable. Odd, of course, but incredible! She's lovely, and with such beautiful wings!" Miranda exclaimed with a dreamy sigh. "I've seen majestic birds with lesser feathers than that."

"You can ask her about them when she wakes up," Leon said. He reached for his coffee pot, only to realize it was in pieces inside his trashcan. "For now, we'll just wait." Without coffee.

Starling hadn't fallen asleep right away, her empty stomach twisting painfully as a reminder. When was the last time she had eaten, had she even had something before her crash? Her arms wrapped around her stomach and she curled up in a ball, groaning as she waited for sleep to claim her so she could forget about it. Finally she had managed to doze off, having the same dream of either running or chasing something.

There were shouts and someone was calling her name, what were they saying? Get it or get her? They said her name again, that's right, that was what it was.

The creaking of the door woke her up, but she didn't move, instead listening to the hushed voices as she thought back on the dream. Memories were fading faster than water being held in one's hands, and then they were gone, leaving her back to being Starling. She could feel a air against the part of her foot that wasn't covered by blanket or bandages, the rest of her safely cocooned with her healthy wing. As soon as the door closed, however, Starling got up and moved to it, pressing her ear against it to listen in on the conversation.

It was a woman's voice, but the door was muffling it too much to hear what was being said. Starling carefully opened it, walking out and hiding behind a wall separating her from the kitchen to get a better idea of what was being said. Her cheeks flushed slightly as her wings were called beautiful, both twitching slightly and moving a bit closer to her back. At the very least, the woman sounded friendly. With a breath to brace herself, Starling stepped out from behind the wall and entered the kitchen, injured wing dragging behind her while the other wrapped about her partially in a shy manner.

"You don't need to wait anymore, Mister Leon. I'm awake." Her vermilion eyes shifted from Leon to Miranda, examining her a bit before speaking up again in a quiet voice. "You're the friend he was talking about? You'll have to forgive me, I won't be able to answer many questions for I don't know them myself. But Mister Leon named me Starling."

Both heads turned as Starling padded into the kitchen. Leon could almost feel Miranda's excitement, even as she fought to contain it. She was clearly ecstatic about Starling's appearance, ready to examine her from head to toe, including asking all sorts of questions. However, that hope was crushed as Starling voiced her thoughts. Miranda kept the crestfallen expression from her face, but Leon knew what she was feeling. They'd been friends for years, and he liked to think he knew her well.

"It's alright, Starling. You don't need to answer anything. Miranda's here to help you, not pester you," Leon said, shooting the slightest of glares at Miranda. She didn't cow under his gaze, turning her attention to Starling with a smile.

"...Mister Leon," she started with a giggle at the formality, "might have told you what I am. In the event that he didn't, I'm what's called a veterinarian. I help animals get better when they're hurt. You have wings very much like a bird, which is probably why he wanted my help. Why don't you have a seat at the table, and I'll figure out how to help fix you." She popped open her bag, laying out several medical tools. She refrained from bringing out any sharp, deadly looking objects, since she wanted to help Starling, not scare her.

Leon was watching both guests with careful eyes before he turned to his fridge and pulled out the ingredients for a sandwich. There would be nothing for him to do but wait, and he was rather fond of blackberry jam. "Would you like something to eat?" he asked over his shoulder, pulling bread from the cabinet.

"I'll have something--" Miranda stopped as Leon gave her a pointed half-stare as he turned his head to the side. "Water, please," she finished with a grin. Turning back to Starling, she said, "Where do you hurt the most? I would guess your wing, since you've broken it. Do you mind if I remove these bandages? I'll need you to keep your wing still if I do, and that may hurt."

Starling looked at Leon as Miranda spoke, eyes seeing to ask him if this was a safe situation. The woman was nice enough though, so she looked back to her and smiled. She looked at the different tools curiously, taking a seat before nodding to Leon. "I'd like something, yes please." She did as she was told, keeping her back straight and wings still. "You guessed correctly, my wing hurts the most. It feels stiff and uncomfortable from not being able to move it, but when I do it hurts a whole lot."

Her head dipped, looking down at her lap and over the dirty clothes and hair that fell in her face. Her skin felt grimey, never having properly washed herself and in the end she could smell the sweat that caused her nose to wrinkle a bit. It left her feeling embarrassed, surrounded by two people who were washed and wearing clean clothes-- here she was a mess.

Slender fingers lifted to touch at a strand of her hair, twirling it around her finger and frowning a bit as she felt the build up around it. "Mister Leon...Um..." She trailed off, seemign nervous to ask him questions now after the coffee incident. "May I... May I take a bath at some point?"

Leon paused, knife hovering over an open jar of peanut butter. She was certainly allowed to, but he was sure she'd be both marveled and confused at his running water. Well, it was possible, at least. He had no idea what her previous life had been like, and neither did she. It wasn't a very helpful situation, but they were both stuck in it. He realized then that it was the best possible situation, for if Starling had fallen in front of anyone else, she might be even more injured, or dead. There were those who didn't believe in magic, but there were those who downright hated the idea.

Leon tried not to associate himself with those people.

"You may. I'll show you how to work the water when Miranda's done with you," he said, slathering peanut butter over two slices of bread. "And you can just call me Leon. No need for mister."

"Oh, he's just embarrassed about that," Miranda chirped, beginning to remove Leon's careful bandaging. "People at his work call him that all the time, but I think he secretly likes it!" She giggled, but her hands remained steady as she inspected Starling's wing.

"Yes, I'm sure you know all about what I do. I'd prefer you to focus and not rant about my job, please. Her wing is broken. No need to break it further," Leon replied, pushing the parts of each sandwich together. He filled a glass with water from the sink, balancing both plates in one hand and the glass in the other.

"Mess up? I'm hurt that you would even think such a thing." Miranda's answer was less snarky than before as she really began to feel around the bony, feathery wing. "Hm... You've certainly broken things in a few places. Poor dear. You're sure you don't remember how this happened?"

Leon pushed the plate and glass in front of Starling, watching Miranda frown at the winged girl's injuries. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I don't think it's beyond fixing. I would just need all of the tools back in my office for something like this, and that would require you to wait until the weekend is over."

Starling looked at the sandwich for a moment before lifting her hand from her good side so not to move the damaged wing. She picked it up and took a small bite, scrunching her nose a bit at the texture. She didn't dare complain though, her growling stomach practically begging her to eat more. She had manners and was using them pretty well, but she couldn't stop herself from taking large bites and practically inhaling the sandwich, plus it helped keep her mind off the pain.

Well the sandwich was gone but the pain wasn't, and soon Starling found herself closing her eyes tightly and clenching her hands into fists while Miranda checked on her bones. "I hit the ground. That's all I remember. I fell out of the sky and when I woke up I was in this giant hole and Mist- Leon was there to help me out. He told me about angels and how some people think they help people... If I am one I failed, Leon would probably be a true one for helping me through all of this."

Her eyes opened but looked to her lap, taking in her dirty clothes and trying to ignore any pain that caused her wing to twitch and sometimes shy away from Miranda. "What day is it? How long until the weekend is over? I hate being on the ground this long, I want to fly again."

Leon ate his food much more slowly than she did, eyes inspecting Miranda's work. Putting Starling's wing in a cast wouldn't work since they were too big, and they couldn't leave it unbound. The situation was far unlike anything Miranda had ever dealt with. Leon knew that she'd helped horses before, but those were the biggest creatures, and they certainly didn't have wings. Miranda would have to bind her wing until the weekend was over and then remove everything again just to take an x-ray and see what the real damage was. Even if Starling's wing healed quickly, she would be on the ground for at least a few months so she could build her strength back up.

She mentioned his story on angels, but he couldn't meet anyone's gaze at the thought. If Leon was anything in this world, it was certainly not an angel. Angels were meant to fly, and he'd had that robbed from him a long time ago.

Closing his eyes, he shoved his chair away from the table and snatched his plate. "...I need to make a phone call," was all he said before he disappeared into the other room and slammed the door. Miranda tried not to jump at the motion, but Leon was being positively rude in the moment.

"Touchy son of a bitch," she muttered with a sigh. "Starling, let's leave your wing for a moment and I'll take a look at your feet. At the very least, we'll be able to help you there so you can walk without pain. I can't say much for your wing, but the weekend will be over tomorrow night, and Monday, Leon can bring you to my office and I'll be able to look further. Is that okay?"

Starling watched Leon leave with a frown and look of confusion. Sure, she didn't understand everything but she still felt as though she may have said something to upset him. The slamming door was her confirmation. She jumped at the sudden sound, wings twitching and nearly smacking Miranda. Pain radiated up the bone and caused her to curl in on herself, groaning in pain. "Sorry, I didn't mean to move. The slam startled me." Starling stayed where she was and listened to Miranda until she had to readjust herself, turning in the chair so she was sitting sideways with her feet out for easier access.

"Um... Miranda?" Starling asked, biting her lip and looking in the direction Leon had left. "Should I not have called him an angel? I did not see it as an insult, but I did not mean to hurt his feelings." A hand reached up, toying with a greasy strand of hair once more, eyes never leaving the spot she had last seen him. "Should I go apologize? This place is so strange, I don't know what I should and shouldn't say to prevent offending your people."

Status
Not open for further replies.