Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life

thedemonball.png

THE DEMON BALL
IWAKU CHAT

Come one, come all to the demon ball

where it only costs one soul for entry.

Be you beast, be you not, be you joyful or fraught

this night will be rife with debauchery!

You have found yourself at the DEMON BALL. A gloriously wicked celebration in Hell. You might have been invited, you might have gotten here by accident. Perhaps you snuck in to see something salacious. Either way, you better have a soul to give for the Soul Raising, or you might find yourself the one that is sacrificed at the end of the night.

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a HELLSCAPE setting, so any demonic or fantasy tropes apply! Were you invited or are you a party crasher?

WHERE: Taking place on our IWAKU CHAT in the DEMON BALLROOM!

HOW: This is a SOCIAL ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The majority of this roleplay will just be developing your character and interacting within the setting!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction. You can also reference our MINI CHARP GUIDE!

THIS ROLEPLAY IS T O N I G H T AT 8PM CENTRAL!

THE HARD PART IS PICKING A CHARACTER LOLOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
1697926194022.png
Name: Zahra Rekhmire
Personality: Aloof, confident, maintains an air of mystery, hates establishment religions, tends to be snobbish toward "common people" (i.e. Normies, Muggles...) and "dabblers" (people who tinker with the supernatural without study and meditative practice, cast "love spells" from paperback books, and the like).

Background: Zahra was born in a poor Coptic neighborhood in Cairo, with the name Pennouti Barsanouphios. As a child, she had dreams of a life as an ancient Egyptian priestess who lived during the reign of Pharaoh Rekhmire.

She took every opportunity to learn about ancient Egypt. When she started to worship the ancient gods and goddesses, her parents tried to steer her back to her family's Coptic Christian faith.

They were even more alarmed when she started talking to spirits of the dead, and developed a talent for psychometry. Nothing they and the local priest tried, including strict punishments, could make her abandon her new faith.

When Zahra was 16, her parents were killed by rioters during the overthrow of hosni mubarak. Coming home to a burnt-out shell where her apartment used to be, she found herself alone on the streets.

She eked out a living as a self-styled priestess of Nephthys, offering her services as a medium and psychic. This got her in trouble with the Islamic authorities and some among the populace, but she somehow managed to stay a step ahead of them. This only added to her mystique.

One day she was pursued by mysterious black-clad figures who were able to match her knowledge of the back streets and leaps of intuition. To her astonishment, they were agents of a secret society called the Illuminated Order of Tehuti Ascendant. Claiming a heritage going back to the priesthood of Thoth, they sought to recruit talented psychics as well as scientists and engineers. Operating under the cover of IOTA Technologies, a tech conglomerate with subsidiaries in artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, genetic engineering, and synthetic biology, the Order seeks to transcend the bounds of the human condition by combining cutting-edge technology with psi research and occult practice.

Zahra was recruited into the Order, which provided her with top-flight tutoring and access to psi training and ancient occult knowledge. She quickly climbed the ranks of the Order, and was recently initiated as an Adept. As part of the ceremony, she took a new name.

In addition to her normal studies, she was trained in martial arts, swordsmanship, marksmanship, and parkour. Her educational focus turned toward ancient Egyptian mysticism, neuroscience, and techniques of consciousness expansion, with the aim of amplifying psi abilities, and learning more about the realms beyond the material.

When an opportunity to join a tour of the Purgatory realm (the Order refers to it as the Duat) was brought to the Order's attention, Zahra was selected as their agent. However, what she had expected to be a very exclusive initiatory journey conducted by serious, trained mystic Adepts like herself turned out to be a tour--with actual tourists!

Between the tourists failing to heed the guide's instructions (with the resultant increasing levels of chaos one might expect), and the guide bringing her to the wrong underworld as a "detour" thanks to their bumbling antics, Zahra finally decided she would be better off on her own. Now all she had to was...get out of Hell.

Weapons:
1697929140770.png
Pair of khopesh swords inscribed with hieroglyphics, an apotropaic incantation intended to make them efficacious against supernatural beings. They are made of steel forged from meteoric iron, pattern welded through multiple foldings, similar to the way a Damascus sword or Japanese katana is made, and plated with electrum (an alloy of gold and silver).

1697929375667.jpegEtheric Pistol: Fires a concentrated toroid vortex of etheric energy in three power levels:

Stun: What it says on the tin. Will temporarily stun most spirits and supernatural beings.

Kill: Also what it says on the tin.

Focus Charge: Consumes all of the weapon's stored energy to produce a single powerful area-of-effect blast. Requires a full charge.

The weapon can store enough energy for twelve Stun shots, six Kill shots, or one Focus Charge.

Against "Mundanes" (ordinary people without supernatural attributes), Stun feels like a painful electric shock, Kill acts as a taser, and a Focus Charge hits like a lightning strike. The weapon recharges naturally by gathering heka (magical/spiritual energy) from the environment (faster or slower depending on local heka density). Zahra can speed up this process by concentrating on the accumulator rod above the barrel and saying incantations for a few seconds (longer in low-heka areas such as places in the normal world where the Veil is thicker and hauntings, Fortean events, UFO sightings and the like tend not to happen). If her concentration is disrupted, she must start over.

K by Happ57 on artists&clients (trans).png

Name: K
Pronouns: He/Him
Traits:
• Autistic
• ADHD
• Anxiety
• Asocial
• Asexual
• Aromantic
• Androgynous
• Agender

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE DEMON BALL!

Today at 4:33 PM

• Diana:
    This is a mixed genre style HELLSCAPE setting featuring a DEMON BALL where demons and other creatures have come together for a grand old time. All it costs is one soul to enter.

Today at 4:35 PM

• Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.

Today at 4:36 PM

• Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!

• Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!

• Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!

Today at 4:37 PM

• Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)

Today at 4:37 PM

• Diana:
    IN HELL A GRAND BALLROOOM HAS APPEARED... walls and floors of onyx black with ceilings a beautiful blanket of stars. There were draperies of red velvets, braziers of fires. Tables of roasted meat and lots... LOTS of booze. As expected of hell, the music was a club mix of dubstep electronica and the fashioned was demanded to be Edwardian masquerade. This party was so lit, even some angels had snuck down from heaven for a good night of living it up Hell Style. And so the festivities begin...

Today at 5:52 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra didn't know whether to count herself as lucky or not. The good news: a friendly archdemon (named "Kevin" of all things) had found the tour she'd been on sufficiently amusing (and perhaps, tourist souls sufficiently tasty) that he had gotten her past the three-headed demonic bouncer. The bad news: she was still in Hell. Kevin had even provided her with a costume: a flowing white Art Nouveau-style gown trimmed with Egyptian-style lotuses of turquoise, white onyx, and lapis lazuli, and a gilded Bastet mask. Her weapon belt looked a bit incongruous with the dress, but then she wasn't here to dance.

Today at 6:58 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Terry, the king of the elder demons didn't know how he had gotten his siblings to convince him to come to this thing. Nothing ever good happened at the demon ball, but he had dressed for the occasion, wearing an older version of the homecoming outfit he wore to therapy,a blue and gray mask as well as the demonic crown that had got him out of many of pickles. He was also dragging an old broad that had come to the store to complain and he promised her a 'discount' if she went him. He was pretty sure her name was Karen or something.

Today at 7:03 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray, a young fire demon has heard of the demon ball for quite some time now and as was expected was very eager to go. Unfortunately, his stick in the mud master had grounded him for causing some mischief of late. So maybe pulling that prank on the Demon Council wasn't one of his better ideas, but it sure was funny and that alone made it worth it. In the fire demon's mind Cymbolta, the Demon Council's head totally overreacted, but the look on her face; on all of them was priceless. Hell, even Jerry thought it funny. Ray knew the ancient water demon did. Still, as per usual Jerry wanted to save face and do whatever he needed to do to make hismelf look good to the Demon Council because he wanted to join them so bad. So as punishment, Jerry grounded his apprentice; which meant tons of work and no fun, and he for certain was not allowed to attend the demon ball, the most talked about thing in Hell. The fire demon couldn't stand it! He was so annoyed because he wanted to go so bad. Plus the beer! So much alcohol and so many good looking demons too. Luckily, he had a plan to escape his...situation. After managing to free himself from his master's stupid spell (basically an invisible fence thing to prevent Ray from leaving their home), Ray left for the demon ball in a clever disguise. He shapeshifted into a female demon. He still had his long twin red fox tails and fox ears. But instead of short hair; his hair was now long and black. Since he was now in a female form he wore a short purple dress; his black batlike wings extended from his back. His long clawlike nails were painted purple. Truthfully, purple was his favorite color, so when he could he wore it. As soon as Ray as a female demon entered the room he made a bee line for the bar. He smiled at the bartender. "Hey. Give me your strongest drink and do keep hem coming. And nothing weak. I'm here to party after all," he informed the bartender in his female voice; which came naturally in his form. While waiting he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "It's a good night to be in hell," he said exhaling.

Today at 7:04 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The fact that angels and other beings not resident in Hell could come here also meant there was a way out. All Zahra had to do was find it.

Today at 7:07 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "You may not want to have too much to drink. We got a soul raising later and if you don't got someone, you might be the one sacrificed. Seen it happen to a few demons."

Today at 7:08 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray produced his red amulet; which contained a wicked human soul that he planned to give as his ticket. "No problem. Got a soul right here. It's really evil and depraved too. Want to know what it did? Thanks for caring though. What's your name?"

Today at 7:11 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Terry would glance over at "her". " Yeah, I would love to know what it did. I got Karen over there to get rid of. Seven months behind on her phone bill." Terry would smile. "Names have power, and I tend not to give mine away that easily. Besides, it's a bit hard to say."

Today at 7:15 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray smiled back and chuckled. "You're getting rid of your date? That's a bit harsh, don't you think? And so I've heard, but it's cool. I get it. I think I've seen you around before," he replied in between cigarette puffs. "What it did? Be easier to ask what this soul didn't do? Because most likely you name it and it sure as hell did it. But basically in life this soul was a serial killer. Murdered a bunch of people just for the fun of it. So I did what any normal demon would do; I tracked them down, killed them and took their soul, and that's that. So what is it you do Mr. Mystery? Like the crown though. It's cute."

Today at 7:20 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Terry would shake his head. "I wouldn't call her my date, I wouldn't have even gone near her and had the store locked up and everything if it wasn't for the demon ball. Oh, I'm sure that you have seen me around before, I tend to travel a lot since my siblings like to go and cause some trouble. I do think it would work better if you brought him back a live, but that's just me. Oh, I do a lot of thing, mostly punishing mortals who are foolish enough to find trouble with lower level demons in exchange for the thing they treasure the most. Yeah, crown signifies that i'm the king of my siblings, all younger elder demons."

Today at 7:26 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray laughed at what he assumed was a joke. "Alive? And what fun would that be? Besides, there's no bringing him back. I kind of...destroyed his body. Not much left. But hey what can I say? I like to do things big." He sipped on his drink. "Mmm...your job sounds a hell a lot more fun than mine. I'm so jealous. Sooooo about your crown? Does it by chance have any magical properties? Would it do something if I were to...touch it?" he asked genuinely curious as he reached out to give Terry's crown a poke. He wondered if Terry recognized him. He hoped he didn't because he did not want to get caught. The last thing he wanted was to be in even more trouble with Jerry and the demon council. And if Terry saw through his disguise he hoped the elder demon wouldn't turn him in.

Today at 7:33 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    BOOM! A door suddenly slammed open, showing a red-sand hellscape beyond filled with tall, wind-eroded spires close enough together that one could reach two by putting arms out in any two directions. The scent of blood hit the air, followed by scrambling and stumbling steps as an unfashionable stranger stumbled in, covered in acne, sunburn, and red dust as he clutched a freshly-severed hand that wasn't his own, but belonged to a large and likely-married man, but the ring on the finger. The stranger crashed to the floor, then gasped loudly as the door slammed itself shut behind his androgynous mess of a form.

Today at 7:34 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Terry would glance over at him. "As long as there is an intact soul, the body can always be reformed. It's kind of a weird thing I learned about it," he replied, taking a step back. "It has a few magical properties that vary based on where I am, but in Hell, it's very good at showing me things exactly as they are and undoing magical demon effects. You can touch it if you wish."

Today at 7:37 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The Wheel rolled into the room, their many eyes taking turns blinking in astonishment. This was certainly a welcome respite from chanting "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD who was and is and is to come" over and over and over again. That got boring after the first million years or so. Well, actually, quite a bit sooner. Here, they could be silent at last, and watch, watch, watch, so many fascinating things going on! The music was strange and screechy in unfamiliar ways, but quite rhythmic and not at all like the monotonous beauty of angelic choirs.

Today at 7:40 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray frowned. "I really don't want to bring the guy back. He's an ass. Reminds me of someone...I once knew. Killed him too of course." Why the very idea to bring someone back that he had killed! Ridiculous! He also frowned upon learning that the crown could reveal the truth to Terry. Immediately, he retracted his hand. "Uh, I better not. I...would hate for something bad to happen to it." He did not want to be revealed to the entire party. That would be not only embarrassing but totally all the way bad!

Today at 7:43 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    K wheezed, then started to hack and cough, red sand spattering onto the beautiful floor from his chapped, very human lips. Very, very human... Wait, why was a human here uninvited?

Today at 7:44 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Terry would nod. " That would be smart to avoid."

Today at 7:47 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray's eyes blinked. Was that...was he smelled a human nearby and blood? Fresh delicious blood. Ray couldn't keep from drooling. Disgusting habit he knew. But it just smelled so good. "There...I smell a...human. It smells fresh and close," he informed the elder demon in a hushed whisper. He also smelled angel. "There's an angel here too!" Ray took a long anxious swig of his drink as he looked around at the room.

Today at 7:48 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    K couldn't stop coughing, even as he grew lightheaded, until he finally retched onto the floor and then collapsed, panting now that he'd exhausted himself clearing his throat. Unaware he might be in danger, he looked around with unfocused, dazed eyes, then reached out and grasped at Ray's clothing. "Help..." he rasped.

Today at 7:50 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra noted the presence of the Wheel, and was just about to start planning her approach when another person abruptly entered through a portal that looked like it was from a much nastier region of Hell. But if they can make portals... She reasoned that they would be easier to talk to than the Wheel (assuming they spoke a language she knew), so she decided to start there. But the person looked very much the worse for wear, and was busy coughing their guts out. Zahra hurried to their side. "Are you alright? What do you need?" she asked.

Today at 7:51 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray looked down as soon as he felt someone touching his dress. His eyes grew wide in surprise when he saw it was the human he had smelled. 'What in the world?' he thought unsure of what he should do. "Are you crazy? What are you doing here? How...did you even get down here in the first place?" he asked in a low whisper. "You better hide. There's a lot of higher leveled demons here who would love to kill you or worse the minute they spot you," he warned. The truth was he liked humans; the good ones anyway. So he would save them or help them out whenever he could.

Today at 7:55 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Someone approached, and K looked up as Zahra's shadow fell over him. He lifted himself slightly, but his head wobbled with all the unsteady strength of a newborn kitten. "Water?" he wheezed, barely able to get the word out through his raw, burning throat. Everything sounded so loud, and he didn't even notice the vomit on his cheek or the severed hand he clutched against his chest. He heard Ray and looked up at him, but blinked in confusion, unable to fully process what he'd said.

Today at 7:57 PM

• Mordo:
    Luckily, the bartender had given Ray a glass of water along with his drink. So the young fire demon handed the barely conscious human the glass. "Here. It's just water. Now you really do need to go and hide somewhere before someone who hates humans sees you here," Ray warned in a concerned tone

Today at 8:02 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra nodded. "I'll be right back," she said and was about to head for the buffet table when the female demon produced a glass of water. Though she worried about the possible effects of partaking of Hell's provisions, the young person looked to be on their last legs, and if they died in Hell...well, they'd be much worse off anyway. "Drink slowly, one sip at a time," she said. "If you drink too quickly, you'll just throw it up." Inwardly, she made note of the demon's warning. "Kevin" had not mentioned that particular catch to coming here.

Today at 8:05 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray frowned at Zahra's presence. 'Great,' he thought. 'Yet another human for me to babysit and worry about. What else could go wrong?' he asked fearing he just might get an answer he did not like. "Perhaps I could hide you two? I know of some great hiding places. No reason I know of them. I just like to explore sometimes when I'm bored. Yeah, that's it," he offered them with a small smile. Ray knew of these places because he ended up needing to hide from higher demons a lot. He just hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for hiding humans. Yeah, he totally was, wasn't he?

Today at 8:10 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra looked at the female demon, her Bastet mask hiding an arched eyebrow. "Thank you, but I am not here to hide in Hell," she said. Most likely, whatever "hiding places" the demon might offer would be the local equivalent of a pantry or walk-in fridge. She knew enough lore to know that some demons were in fact helpful, but they tended not to be very popular with their own kind. "I actually just want to get back to the Earth plane," she said. While she knew it was dangerous to let demons know of her desires, she'd been stuck in Hell long enough for the food and drink to start getting really tempting.

Today at 8:21 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray's red eyes lit up upon hearing the young human woman wished to return to the human realm. He understood and knew that desire only all too well since he himself would get homesick from time to time. Luckily, he earned enough trust from his master to be allowed to visit on his own. course nobody he knew was still alive sadly. "Tell me something, why have you come to this dreadful place? You seem so eager to return home I'm just wondering why you chose to come here, that's all. Were you by chance tricked, deceived by another demon? You were, weren't you? Don't try to deny it." Ray took a long swig of his hard drink finishing it up.

Today at 8:28 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    K stared at the glass placed before him, unable to tear his eyes away. Laying half-fetal on the ground, it took him a long time to realize that he would need to use his hands to get it to his mouth. By the time it clicked, Zahra was explaining that she wanted to get back to Earth. Slowly, feebly, K reached toward the glass of water, only to stare at the severed hand he still held.

"What...?" he asked in a tiny, shocked voice.

Today at 8:28 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Not exactly," Zahra replied. "It is a long story, but the demon was not at fault." She looked down at the young person's exclamation. Why yes, the severed hand was...disturbing, but they didn't seem to know how they'd acquired it. "Well, at least if someone asks you to give them a hand, you can. You weren't trying to create a Hand of Glory, were you?"

Today at 8:33 PM

• Merchant:
    "Oh how delightful a tiny morsel in our dull world?" A voice sounded suddenly plopping down lazily on the floor. Natasha was dressed fancily in a dress however it seemed to barely be able to contain her chest. Nearly ripping from the strain as she flopped down looking up at the ceiling as she pouted. "Why do we have to always entertain such guests?"

Today at 8:34 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra glanced over at the new arrival, but decided not to engage with her. She kept her in peripheral vision however, and tensed for action, just in case.

Today at 8:36 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray's fox ears flickered at the sound of trouble. He turned and sure enough there it was: trouble with a capital T. 'Oh no,' he thought. 'Why me?' "Uh whatever you do, do not attract that she demon's attention. I can tell she's trouble," he warned in a low whisper.

Today at 8:40 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra gave a subtle nod. Beings who referred to you as a "morsel" were best not interacted with, if possible.

Today at 8:42 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Many of the Wheel's eyes turned toward Natasha. Why couldn't the new female creature provide herself with coverings that fit? To their best understanding of such things, ill-fitting coverings were uncomfortable for squishybodies.

Today at 8:45 PM

• Merchant:
    Natasha, the woman dressed up fancily, started rolling around as she had a little bit of a tantrum. "You know I can tell some of you are human and I must say your quite brazen to have come here of all places. If not for daddy telling me I am not allowed to hunt or else I would have already started eating you." Then she sighed stopping her tantrum throwing and slowly rose to her feet as if boneless.

Today at 8:46 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray glared at the she demon. Deciding to put on the charm he stood and strolled over to her. "Look lady whatever you're thinking stop thinking it cause see those humans over there? Yeah, they're mine! So back off or else you'll have to deal with me and believe me you don't want that," Ray hissed in warning claiming the humans as his own showing his sharpened demon teeth. "Also some advice from one she demon to another, stop trying so hard. You look like a slut."

Today at 8:51 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Asmodeus strode into the room, wings folded around his form like a leather cloak. The dread Prince of Hell looked around with flaming eyes, one magnified by a monocle under the top hat worn in accordance with the theme. "WHY ARE YOU ALL STANDING AROUND TALKING LIKE THIS IS SOME CONFERENCE OF INSURANCE AGENTS?!" he bellowed in a voice that shook the room. "THIS IS A BALL! DANCE! DRINK! EAT! WE WILL NOT HAVE MICHAEL LAUGH AT US AGAIN FOR BEING MORE BORING THAN HEAVEN!"

Today at 8:52 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray gasped at the loud, booming voice because he knew immediately who it belonged to. He watched the prince of hell nervously fearing that the guy could see right through his disguise. Moreover he could not believe that someone would accuse hell of all places of being boring.

Today at 8:56 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    The booming voice shattered through K's brief catatonia, and without thinking, he hurled the hand right at Asmodeus's face with the deadly precision and strength of an autistic person whose adrenaline just kicked in with a ragged shout of "No!"

Today at 8:56 PM

• Merchant:
    Natasha narrowed her eyes and turned on the one that had spoken to her. "Oh yeah they are yours pencil dick? Since you said so I think I might as well piss daddy off." She smiled showing off two rows of razors for teeth. Having said so she decided to whirl around to face towards the movement that was K and stalk towards K laughing "Stop me if you can pencil dick"

Today at 8:58 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The Wheel did not know how to go about doing any of those things. They would have to watch the others. One thing they were very good at was watching.

Today at 8:59 PM

• Mordo:
    As soon as the hand was thrown at the prince Ray gulped. They were doomed. And even worse, the female demon was threatening to do who knows what to the male human. 'Why didn't I just stay home like Jerry ordered? Why oh why?' But it was too late now. In a panic Ray threw up a powerful force field around both humans to protect them from the enraged she demon. "Good luck getting through that little miss try too hard," he teased.

Today at 9:03 PM

• Merchant:
    Laughter escaped from her shoulders shaking from it as she let herself grow in size her clothes growing with her until she had to lean to crouch to sit inside of the building still. "How much force can this barrier of yours with stand?" She asked playfully before pushing out with all her strength at it.

Today at 9:06 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    Already, K was coughing again, hacking up muddy red sand disturbed by his shout. Someone was coming toward him, and then there was... something? Not quite like glass? Something around him. The sounds were slightly dimmer, along with the lights, and he backed up against the edge of the barrier. With his back against it, he felt a little safer.

Between him and Natasha, his spilled glass of water offered a slippery surface for her shoes, one she perhaps didn't anticipate.

Today at 9:07 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The booming voice rattled Zahra like the sound of a bomb going off. Dance? Eat? Drink? Not here, no thank you! Furthermore, the slutty she-demon only seemed interested in the second item of that list--with her and the young person as her intended repast! As much as she hadn't liked being "claimed" by the other she-demon, at least it meant she might not have to fight the razor-toothed she-demon by herself. "Wha?" she said when the forcefield appeared around her and the other human. No escape then. She drew her pistol and took aim as the enemy she-demon grew to massive size and started trying to crush the forcefield.

Today at 9:07 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    The Wheel rolled up to Natasha and the others. "HOLY, HOLY, H--mmmmmmmm..." Had they truly forgotton how to say anything else? They had to close most of their eyes for a moment in concentration. "BE NOT AFRAID. IS THIS DANCING?"

Today at 9:09 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Asmodeus dismissively flicked a finger, and the flying hand vanished in a puff of flame and brimstone smoke. "WHO DARES?!" he said, his baleful gaze turning toward K. His incipient wrath was interrupted by Wrath himself, seated at the High Table.

"Wicked! Fight better than dance! SMASH! REND! DESTROY!"

Today at 9:12 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray's red eyes blinked in surprise as the she demon grew into a giant. 'Okay, I did not see that coming,' he admitted to himself. 'Well that's just great! What's next, I wonder? What, is she going to start throwing holy water at me next like my stupid ex?' He then saw that the female human had a gun on her. How'd she manage to sneak that in here? Oh wait, I don't want to know... "Ugh, will you stop already? You're not getting through. My force fields can withstand tons and tons of force. You will only exhaust yourself if you keep trying," the fire demon exaggerated. Powerful as his force fields were they did tend to give out eventually.

Today at 9:13 PM

• Merchant:
    Shrinking her size a little to fit in the building Natasha turned on Ray and started stepping to him glancing at the wheel with eyes with disinterest. "No this isn't da-" She cut off as she felt her right foot slide out from under her and then found herself looking up at the ceiling as she fell to the floor

Today at 9:13 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "NOW, WRATH, STOP THAT," Asmodeus said. "WE HAD TO BUILD A WHOLE NEW BALLROOM AFTER THE LAST TIME YOU GOT EVERYONE RILED UP! GREED SAID HE WOULD NEVER PAY FOR ANOTHER ONE!"

"But was fun! Not boring! No fighting in Heaven!" Wrath protested. "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Today at 9:16 PM

• Mordo:
    Seeing he was about to be stepped on by the giant she demon Ray formed a powerful force field around himself in an effort to stop her. Luckily, she slipped on a little bit of spilled water of all things. He watched her fall. "Whaaaa?" was all he managed to say in confusion. The spilled water had saved him at least for the moment anyway.

Today at 9:16 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    K hunched, huddled in his filthy raincoat as he stared back at Asmodeus, clearly terrified between his coughing and gasping. The giant woman fell, and K jumped, heart hammering in his chest as more shouting came from the higher-ups.

All he could do was curl up tighter and hide himself in the flipped-up collar of his raincoat as his bladder released and burn-blisters that hadn't been on his hands and face when he first arrived began to ooze.

Today at 9:18 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Zahra turned to K. "You got here from some other place. Do you know how to make portals?"

Today at 9:19 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "INSUFFICIENT TRACTION!" the Wheel said. "................HA.........HA..........HAHA....HAHAHAHAHA! IS THIS LAUGHTER?"

Today at 9:20 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray was often easily affected by wrath. Ray's red eyes glowed as he lowered the force field around himself. "Yes, fighting is definitely so much fun and fulfilling. I agree!" With that he summoned up his twin sickles covered in fire and he twirled them menacingly as he approached the fallen giantess with them. "Prepare to fight me giant!"

Today at 9:21 PM

• The Mood is Write:
    K jerked his head towards Zahra as she spoke, and then shook his head rapidly for all of a split second before he grimaced in pain and lowered his head down to hold it in his hands again, fingers dug against his greasy braids as a tiny and choked whimper slipped free. His sunburn looked far worse now than it had before.

Today at 9:21 PM

• Merchant:
    Natasha's collision with the ground shook the building causing a little dust to fall to the ground. Growling now she climbed back up her dress shredding as her muscles bulged eyes turning red.

Today at 9:22 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy," Lust said with a wide leer and a long, pointed tongue that snaked out of their mouth as they ogled Natasha. "Make love not war, I always say," they said, sending out a Temptation Wave at Natasha.

Today at 9:26 PM

• Mordo:
    Ray formed a fire ball in his hand and threw it at Natasha. "You should have never messed with me woman! Now you have to pay the price for your foolishness!" Ray sneered throwing more fire blasts at her.

Today at 9:26 PM

• Merchant:
    As the fireball hit Natasha she charged only to stumble as Lust sent the wave of temptation at her hitting her full on. The fireball seemed to only annoy her but Lust disrupted her aggression easily

57 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    Fire!? K flinched again and tried to shield his face as he trembled, arms crossed over his head as he tried to cover his ears. Then... something hit him. Something that felt... weird. Tingly. He looked up nervously, but in his eyes were glowing pink hearts—a little bit of Lust's Temptation Wave had gotten him even through the shield. If nothing else, he felt a little less terrified, but for some reason he wanted to be really close with the snake-tongue lady...

55 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Asmodeus's eyes narrowed angrily at Ray--did he really think such a pathetic disguise would fool the Prince of Hell? On the other hand, his little altercation with Natasha was providing the only high-quality entertainment to be had, other than the human that seemed to be slowly roasting for some reason.

52 minutes ago

• Mordo:
    While trying to attack Natasha, Ray noticed the prince of hell watching them and he did not look very happy with him. He gulped nervously and his fox ears lowered. He wondered and feared how Asmodeus might retaliate and all because he just had to sneak out to party like a disobedient human teen.

46 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What the--?!" Zahra stammered. Suddenly, she was feeling waaay too horny for no reason. She closed her eyes so she couldn't see anyone, because even the kid covered with oozing sores and worsening burns was starting to look tempting. "Hail...to you...Djehwti..." she started to say in ancient Egyptian, but the it was proving really hard to concentrate on the invocation.

45 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "WhAT...iS...THiS?" the Wheel said. It was feeling a strange...longing...that could not lock onto an object.

43 minutes ago

• Merchant:
    With Ray being distracted at a moment such as this was unfortunate for her. Being pounced by Natasha who made sure not to rest any of her weight on Ray and look down at her snarl changed to a look of lust as she sat on Rays waist.

43 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "No! I want the little snack-demon!" Envy said, leaping up from the High Table to lunge and tackle Natasha while grabbing Ray's wrist with one hand. "MINE! You go be lazy, Slothdaughter!" she snarled.

38 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    K leaned forward and planted his hands on the ground, then slowly moved one leg, then the other to stand, unsteady but stubborn. He started to walk toward Lust, vaguely confused about why he felt like he'd be safe with her, even as the strange feelings in his belly distracted him from the pain of worsening sunburns and acne and his body burning through what little fat it had. He felt like his insides were shriveling up, and his vision grew blurry as dehydration robbed them of moisture.

His trudge forward was suddenly interrupted by the shield as he walked right into it, then crumpled, bleeding from a chapped and split lip.

37 minutes ago

• Mordo:
    Ray yelled out mainly in surprise as he was suddenly tackled to the ground by the enraged she demon. Ray glared at her as he tried to cut her with one of his twin sickles; which to his annoyance didn't seem to do too much. 'Oh great! Of all the demons I had to pick a fight with the one who is immune to pain. So what else is new?' he grumbled to himself. He then noticed the girl looking at him in a much more strange, flirtatious way. 'Oh no. Please don't tell me,' Ray groaned wondering how to get out of this mess. "Uhhhhh...why...why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, getting worried. Even worse the sin, Envy was now trying to get involved in the chaos by grabbing him. "What the...? No! let go of me!" he yelled, struggling uselessly against the powerful sin.

36 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Asmodeus looked at his pocket
    watch. The time for the Soul-Raising had come. "ALRIGHT, THAT IS ENOUGH!" he bellowed. "IT IS TIME FOR THE SOUL-RAISING! GET YOUR SOULS READY" As he spoke, a heavy footfall shook the room, causing dust, and even a few small pieces of stonework to fall to the floor. MOLOCH was coming.

32 minutes ago

• Merchant:
    Now upset at Envy stepping in to take Ray from her she glared squaring off with Envy as she picked herself back up she was about to start fighting with her only to freeze when Asmodeus bellowed turning to look towards him.

31 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    K was, unfortunately for him, unconscious. Worse, his condition was doing the opposite of improving, and the Temptation Wave was knocked out of his system, so he felt every bit of agony.

There was a very pure human soul within him, but it wasn't his own. It would likely be a very attractive for the soul-raising, but it needed to be grasped quickly, for it was fading inside of K's belly.

26 minutes ago

• Mordo:
    Ray sighed in relief when he was quite literally saved by the bell. "Oh sorry there's the bell. Time to go." He teleported himself from her grasp and reappeared in line behind other demons. He readied himself to hand over the soul he had trapped inside his amulet. "Well here's my soul. I do hope it is to your liking. Enjoy," Ray said presenting the soul to Asmodeus. "Also, I am sorry for all the trouble I caused you," he nervously apologized.

26 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Right, time to go," Zahra said. Seeing the other person walking zombie-like (in more ways than one) toward the long-tongued demon (for whom she was feeling the same temptation, which was quite disturbing. But thankfully, the big one's bellowing and the ominous footfalls dampened her enthusiasm somewhat. She ran over, grabbed K by the wrist (ewww), and dragged him toward the Wheel. She scrambled through everything she could remember from the Books of Jeu, the Pistis Sophia, and the Goetia, but couldn't come up with any good guesses at the Wheel's True Name. "You're going to have to go home now, right? Can you drop us off at Earth along the way?" The Wheel's eyes turned toward her, and she couldn't help but feel highly uncomfortable under their gaze.

"A PURE SOUL. MUST DELIVER IT UNTO HEAVEN," the Wheel replied, their eyes indicating K with a glance. "YOUR SOULD IS INSUFFICIENTLY PURE."

"Don't care, just drop me off, dammit!" she said as the Wheel started to levitate K and begin to spin. Zahhra jumped aboard the Wheel and hung on for dear life as it vanished in an ascending swirl of sparkling golden light.

19 minutes ago

• The Mood is Write:
    As the Wheel ascended, golden drops of liquid fell down onto the party below, smelling strongly of... urine and cowardice. At least K wasn't awake to know the horror of his wet pants dripping onto people.

15 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Asmodeus glared at Ray, letting him sweat. He reached out and took the soul from the smaller demon. "I WILL NOT FEED YOU TO MOLOCH...THIS TIME," he said. "WE NEED A NEW ARCHDEMON OF THE FIFTH CIRCLE NOW THAT KEVIN HAS GONE SOFT," he said, closing his hand around the amulet. In a billowing cloud of viscous blood-red smoke, a new, mighty demon formed; Ray's evil soul now had a home. "I NAME YOU MALLEUS!" Asmodeus said. The new archdemon turned to Ray, a wicked, predatory smile forming on its face.

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
@Zarko Straadi Thanks for running it while Owlmom was occupied! I had lots of fun!

I'm glad to hear it! For an "Uh-oh, quick, think of something!" it worked out pretty well. XD

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Truly a good time