The Demon and the Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wounded Captor; Gentle Captive, #CC99FF
Aurelia ignored his question initially, feeling a led pit settle in the bottom of her stomach that left her voice caged and her mouth closed. There was no honest or genuine explanation that could justify what she had done to save the men who intended to savage her. So many possibilities had run through her gentle head; did I do it save them? Am I so frightened of further of bloodshed? Was I afraid that by seeing the Demon's brutality, I might reinstate the horrors of what he intends to do with me? All of those scenarios seemed legitimate when she played them over in her mind, but none of them could fall from her lips in fear he would laugh of belittle her. Aurelia knew there was no sense in hesitation over the possibility of harmful words. She had suffered more tragedies than any phrase or slip of the tongue could afford her, but the princess had no intention of allowing him to kick her while she was down either.

Silence won't do, though. I don't want to anger him. Aurelia sighed as a few moments passed, thinking on her answer before blurting out the first solution that came to mind. Surprisingly, it was the most honest one of all.

"I stopped you because you're hurt." She gestured plainly to his wounded shoulder. "You haven't hurt me, aside from the concussion to retrieve me from Mount Lyren. Those men would have hurt me. I couldn't let you perish when you, so far, haven't laid a hand on me whereas the gangsters would have harmed me very much." She swallowed the bile that rose at the back of her throat. "...I suppose I should thank you."

The princess rose from the bed as every inch of her conscience begged her to do otherwise. Aurelia was never an impulsive girl, prizing logic and facts over the courses of dangerous emotions and gut feelings, but in light of current events there was no room to harbor the habits of an old life. A past life, a dead life. She griped the straps on the Demon's armor and began to loosen them, ignoring his protests at every turn.

"Your cut needs tending," she informed him politely as he pulled violently away from her. You would think I am the captor by the way he behaves. "There's no use going back to the doctor, he probably knows of what you've done here and will be reluctant to help. You must let me wash and bandage it, at least." Aurelia gulped quietly. "Consider it my repayment to you for fighting off those men in my defense."

Who am I? Aurelia thought as she met his mismatched eyes once more, eyes of hate and softness and torture all bottled up in a single stare. I must truly be losing my mind.

• Love
Reactions: Voices of Nerat
Status
Not open for further replies.