The Crimson Butterfly (A work in progress. Help plz?))

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Finch

Original poster
Genre: Sci-Fi/Modern Fantasy (will be in the Sci-Fi category, as it is set in the future),action, plot-based, "mindfuck"

Alrighty, so, I've been working on this story for years now. I've posted it to a couple of other Roleplaying websites in the past and have had moderate success with it, but I'm looking to really kick it off and finish it this time.

The thing that no one really seems to understand every time that I post this story is that I WANT FEEDBACK!! Seriously, it's like everyone's character seems to be stuck in molasses after awhile and they all turn to me. That may be how other RPs work (actually, I'm fairly sure it is haha..), but I've always had this dream of taking my skeleton of a story and adding several new insights and plot developments from a wide variety of people. There is a pre-made character list (original characters are A-OK with me though too), but they are very much so open for interpretation and debate, as is the story line. I want to have a community of people who become almost family, to work on and complete a dream of mine that I've had for probably a decade now. I refuse to give up on this concept and it has been through quite a few rewrites.

In the next few posts, I'm going to be copy-pasting my latest adaptation straight from the other site. I hope this is in someway interesting to at least a few of you out there. Thanks so much for your time guys, I really look forward to giving this whole thing a breath of life.

And now, for the meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lunar Eclipse

File 00000001: "The Lunar Eclipse"
Scanning.........................
Uploading from FDC multi-net..............

...Also classified as the birth of the PG, "The Lunar Eclipse" signifies a dawn of a new era, ex B.C-A.D-L.E. The need for this new marker in time came with the Lunar Eclipse Crisis in which an unidentifiable space craft plummeted into the North Pole. Because simultaneously annihilating 3/4 of the human population and knocking the Earth off it's axis had driven the remaining survivors underground, a new system of government and crowd control was needed, forming the People's Government, PG. This was also the dawn of L.E 0001. "Lunar Eclipse" was aptly named for the way the USC blocked out the sky...

File 00005712: The People's Government
Scanning................
Uploading from FDC multi-net............

...The People's Government was formed L.E 0001 by a man named Ran Soryu. The Soryu's were thought to be a wealthy Japanese family before the incident, but most all legal records had been destroyed. Soryu's father had been petitioning the U.N for some time before the The Lunar Eclipse incident for construction of an underground tunnel-based city-complex, in case of a falling doomsday scenario. The U.N had finally agreed after shrewd negotiating on prices and location, but only after Ran's father had passed away, leaving the project to his son. Ran took the project and ran with, and it was in it's fifteenth year of construction before it was finally being used. It is because Ran Soryu was the leader in development of this new underground city, naming it 'Pompeii' for irony, that he was chosen to leader of the PG. The PG at the time were formed primarily to assign living arrangements and maintain civil peace. A PG scouting team was sent to the surface to do recon and possibly salvage the wreckage. It was they who found the "Crimson Butterfly"...
File 00000052: "The Crimson Butterfly"
Scanning.............
Uploading from FDC multi-net..................

..."The Crimson Butterfly" is the name given to a project plan discovered on the surface from wreckage. After piecing together many still functioning computers, much to their shock and amazement, a branch of scientists working for the PG uncovered that this 'space craft' was in fact working on developing bio-engineered humans. To add the awe, the scientists found they had little trouble translating the data, because it was written in plain, modern century Japanese...
Definition #2- "The Crimson Butterfly" is also the name of the super-weapon Vincent Blackfire is developing...
Definition #3- CLASSIFIED

File 00007624: "Pompeii"
Scanning.........
Uploading from FDC multi-net...........

..."Pompeii" is the name of the massive scale city-complex that the PG, led by Ran Soryu, built underground. After discovery of the Butterfly,much has changed within Pompeii. Originally nothing more than an underground neighborhood, now it has turned into the world's forefront science/military base. With the technology scavenged from the Lunar Eclipse incident, Ran hoped to create super-humans, humans capable of surviving the harsh climates of the surface world to one day take back the land they were all forced to flee from. Pompeii is roughly 200 square miles around, with additional apartments built downward. Mostly white-washed due to passionate psychology Ran had about non-shade colors. Pompeii's population is roughly 300,000 non-military personnel...

File 0029004: "Demons"
Scanning...............
Uploading from FDC multi-net..........

...Demons were the result of the Crimson Butterfly project, a name given to the engineered humanoids after their first revolt as propaganda. Excelling physically and mentally far beyond their human creators, once the demons have achieved reasoning, the results can be disastrous. Demons were also built so that they matured extremely fast, and maxed out at the "pinnacle" age. When they are but 4 or 5 years old they look 25, and stay that physically fit well through their hundreds. Originally designed to be a source of cheap labor, soon after the first series of "demons" were made (back then referred to as SWPs, "Super Worker Program" ) and they gained what was thought to be consciousness, the fifteen SWPs led a bloody revolt and escaped to the surface, injuring and killing many. It was then that the FDC was founded...

File 00000628: "The Federation of Demon Control"
Scanning..........
Uploading from FDC multi-net...........

...The Federation of Demon Control, aka The FDC, started as peace-keeping organization under a different name before the Crimson Butterfly was found, but after the revolt in Pompeii, The FDC are seen as a front line to an imminent demon invasion. The FDC was founded in L.E 0020 by a man named Yugo Soryu. Thought to be a decedent of the famed Ran Soryu, Yugo however did not show until 5 years after the death of Ran. A cold and calculated killer to some and the protector of Pompeii to still others, Yugo and the FDC have been known to employ ruthless and brutal tactics. Rumors speculate of a massive elevating tube that connects the FDC complex with the surface...

A Smile..?

Ky was bored. The sun had dipped below the wreckage that laid strewn about him, like a colorful atom bomb, long ago. It was shaping up to be another bitter and windy night and even Ky's mood seemed to be a little on the bluer side. A sigh could be heard from a dilapidated building roof, a sigh that sounded a lot like a man gasping his final breath. Ky sat, his long slender legs hanging over the roofing, dangling in space. His cold sapphires were on fire, but his toothy grin was hidden behind pursed lips. And I should be happy... The demon thought melancholy, This, of all days.

It was the 100th anniversary of when the fifteen of them fled from the white hell of Pompeii. Ky was the only original survivor of course, but he kept the tradition strong among his demon brethren. If they were to have anyone hope of one day taking Pompeii for themselves, they would have to be unified, unfaltering. And the time was just so near too, so near. He could practically smell the weapon that fool Blackfire was building. And he could almost taste the FDC's tension.

"But they will not deny me my happiness, not today"

He spoke aloud, a smooth tenor. Tonight would be the night those pigs sent up their first wave. A small battalion, led by that "Wonder Boy", Shinji, maybe not even a battalion at all. It was strictly reconnaissance, they were oh so afraid to engage the Ky enemy without development finishing on their little toy first. Shinji... A smile..? The first of many, he was sure.

And with that, Ky vaulted off the roof, his long wavy hair cutting the air around him until he landed, kneeling forward, in the Center Complex. He would not rally his squabble, not yet. It was time for Ky to have some fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ky. The last remaining. Ky was one of the original SWPs to escape Pompeii and make it to the surface. It was a bloody and horrible fight, one Ky can not fully remember nor wishes to. Ky was also the only "successful" prototype, the other 14 dying from mental illnesses or trauma. Ky, being only 3 years old and at this time looking as if he was 18, instead of being dismayed with the deaths of his comrades and possibly only family he'd ever have, was quickly welcomed into the wrecked homes of surface dwelling humans.A close knit community of about 50 had gathered around the site of where the hidden entrance to Pompeii was. After slaughtering almost all in blind rage fueled by his hatred, the rest is history. History that's not well documented, even in the mind of that famed Super Worker..

The year now is L.E 0120. Ky is the only full blooded demon, but now he rules a world of his half demon 'children'. While all technically related to Ky himself, half demons in general never see him, except for a select few, and live their lives in the squalor and wreckage of now almost ancient cities. Ky is the undisputed leader however, being the stuff of fairy tales and legends almost to the half demon culture. Ky has not done much in the ways of reconstruction, and rumors are starting to surface of him having sudden comas, some lasting minutes, others, years.

Pompeii is now under military dictatorship, the leader being Jin Takeda, the leader of the FDC. They have concentrated their full efforts on eradicating Ky and construction of a new super weapon, named from the start of it all, The Crimson Butterfly. Details about this weapon are classified with almost no one having clearance, even to the top echelon.

The stage has been set and the tensions seem to be mounting, but is this as cut and dry as the FDC and Ky?

Shinji Takeda- Shinji is the son of Jin Takeda, although they've never actually met in person. Shinji was trained at an infant stage because he was one of the rare children to harmonize with CB ( Crimson Butterfly ) DNA, though that is highly classified information and not even Shinji himself knows this. Shinji is a frail looking boy of 17, roughly 5'7, 120 lbs. Relatively shy, soft-spoken, and well mannered, Shinji only really feels alive when he's with his archaic weapon, the katana, which he excels at, for reason unknown to him. Shinji found himself Commander of the FDC at the age of fifteen, much to everyone else, and his surprise. While most have accepted him as skilled tactician and an even more skilled fighter, there are some who think Shinji is far too young for the responsibility that's been placed on the young boy's shoulders. Shinji hates Ky, being told very young that he was personally responsible for his mother's and sister's death. Shinji accepts this as the driving force keeping him alive.

Rue Blees- Rue, like Shinji, underwent CB DNA testing as an infant, though harmonized lower than Shinji, making her 2nd in command. Rue is very disdainful of Shinji, feeling he's far her inferior. Energetic and outgoing to opposite Shinji, Rue's always looking to self improve. She, like Shinji, lost her parents at a young age, due to an attack on Pompeii.

Roin Shinkan- A mysterious child within the FDC chain of command. Roin underwent CB DNA testing as an infant, harmonizing with it to a modest degree . Standing around 5'10" and roughly 160 lbs, the slim, but well built 17 year old is a rather soft spoken individual, though he becomes more animated when he believes no one is around, or is working with Shinji and Rue. He enjoys working with machines and can often be found by the smell of ozone and sound of clanking tools. His parents were caught up in the event 15 years ago and are missing, though presumed dead. Roin refuses to believe the presumption though and is constantly searching for information whenever he can.

Vincent Blackfire- Founder of CB DNA, Blackfire is a brilliant scientist, shrouded in mystery. It was him who thought of the idea of combining human DNA with the demons or "Butterfly Subjects".Vincent has a strange connection with Shinji, Rue, and Ky, but that connection has yet to reveal itself

Ky- The last demon and possibly the strongest being on Earth, Ky radiates a light-blue aura. His eyes are cold and dead yet shine a brilliance that could melt souls. His smile always light and cheerful, everything about this "man" is a paradox. Thought by many of the more feeble minded half demons to have the ability to read minds, what is known is that he has a power to topple buildings, destroy civilizations.

Alice Frans- Alice is one of the only half demons Ky socializes with, though why is not known. Alice is completely and totally loyal to Ky to the point of love and has spent her life desperately, and in vain, to get Ky to notice her. Once a lively girl, full of ambition, being around Ky for as long as she has has started to sap the personality right from her. Some would say she is Ky's "right hand man".

Snowe- Bound to Ky through honor, Snowe is perhaps the most faithful of Ky's lackeys. A blind half demon practiced in the ways of ninjitsu, Snowe lost the use of his voice during a fight with Ky over territory struggle decades ago. Since losing the fight, Snowe has traveled tirelessly with his better. While his ultimate goal is unknown, Ky trusts him as much as he trusts anyone, referring to him especially when times of stealth are needed. Snowe, like Shinji, is deadly with his katana, with the added addition of several kunai caches.

^Above is the character list. This will all be done up a lot prettier when I put it to actual thread (though, I could use some help on that front as well, heh heh..). The character summations and story are vague on purpose, like I said in the first post, wanting to build and what not.

And there you have it. The idea is seared into my head, it won't go away, and I'm looking to finally finish it with some of you fine folk. Feedback, questions, concerns, critiques, all are welcome either here on in PMs. Please don't hesitate to contact me.

And if you made it this far, I thank you again for your time. Look forward to hearing from all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.