Child is born, with a heart of gold
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
I'm wary of magic with lots of rules.
Flavour

Cat's paw - a person used unwittingly or unwillingly by another to accomplish the other's purpose.

Somewhere in the milky way, sometime in the future.

You're an analyst for Syndicate X. I am an accountant for Conglomerate Y. We are competing for opportunities. We are contracting many smaller corporations to do the grunt work.

In fact, we are contracting each other.

Introduction

The Cat's Paw is a space-faring-cyberpunk double-triple-quadruple-(or maybe none at all)-cross rp. There are only two laws in this universe: your loyalty to your company (note: not necessarily to your coworkers), and your company's desire for profit. We will compete for various ventures and eventually vie for control of the Big Cheese at the center of the galaxy.

Mechanics

The name of the game is information. Each chapter will begin with a statement of publicly available information. Your only resource is credits: use them wisely to purchase information, subterfuge, sabotage, or 'security contractors'. Make alliances. Lie.

To make actions (i.e. double-cross) in this game non-trivial, you will have finite credits that you will use to pay for various actions. Otherwise, everything else is 'soft' gaming - there are no resource tracking systems, point systems, or anything of that sort.

Goal

Be the monopoly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.