The Castle Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flint guided the two to a table and sat down, beginning to glance around the room for their target. He produced a pair of glasses and handed them to Spencer, tapping the side of his head. They'd gone through this before; the glasses showed the IDs of all registered citizens and Flint's tap to his head said he had his implants ready and active. His eyes had began his force-of-habit search pattern. Left, up, down, right. Left, up, down, right.

"We're looking for anyone without an ID. Tell me if you find any, and we'll go one by one." He muttered, finding the whole act of this rather distasteful.

As Flint handed Spencer the glasses she looked at them then at him and nodded. She slid the glasses on, not before moving some hair behind her ears, and looked back up at Spencer. "How do I look? Good?" She muttered back with a slight smile, trying to get him to smile to, having a feeling he's getting tired like she is. With a soft chuckle she set her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her palm and started to look around at each of people, seeing which were registered. She thought about getting up and going to the bar but she remembered that Flint told her to stay close which she thought was best.

"Not as good as I do." Flint returned, allow himself a slight grin. It wouldn't be too long, hopefully; his sources always led Noise's location back to here if they couldn't exactly pinpoint him for any crimes. That was, if he had to be honest, the most annoying part of working the job. Technology had allowed criminals to get away with a lot more than they could have years earlier. Of course, nearly eighty percent of them were just as stupid as ever. Then there were people like Noise. The ones who knew exactly what tech could give them.

"We might need to go mobile in a bit. I'm getting nothing, you?" He asked after a long pause of the two silently glancing around.

Spencer chuckled at Flint's comment and continued to look around for someone who wasn't registered, looking pretty bored as she did so. A small sigh escaped Spencer as Flint asked if she found anything, shrugging. "I don't think so.." She said then saw something out of the corner of her eye, thinking she saw someone that's not registered headed near the bar. She looked over at the direction but saw that people were crowded around. "Wait, I think I saw something but, I think there's to many people crowing it." She moved back slightly to look from a different angle.

"Then there's where we're headed." Flint replied, standing up and looking in the direction she had pointed, glasses off.

The crowd gave them rather unusual looks as they walked through; the NAPD didn't usually go up this far. No one made way for them, causing Flint - and occasionally Spencer - to have to shove their way into the crowd. Music blared. The air smelled of sweat. Heat waved around everyone. Any longer in here, and he'd definitely need a break from any sort of night life.

"Where is he?" Flint shouted, though the noise didn't carry more than five feet in the booming room.

Spencer took her glasses off, setting them in her pocket, then following Flint. As she saw people give her weird looks she restrained herself from returning the looks are glaring at them, pushing past them quickly. Spencer looked around the bar, although the heat and smell were getting to her. "I saw him go here." She shouted back to him. "Do you think he went out side?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Might have." Flint responded with a grunt, glancing out the doors. "You stay here and look around, I'll check the outside and upper floors. Use the sword if you have to, don't risk anything. Got it?"

He didn't hope she'd have to. Bringing a weapon out in Wyldside was akin to a death sentence if the wrong person drew it. Gangs, bodyguards, all of them would leap at the first possible threat. And be damned if that threat was from the law or not. Here, they were above the world. Above the law.

Above everything.

Flint, without waiting for an answer, shuffled his way through the crowd to the door. He didn't have very long to try and catch him. Averages said he'd have near around ten minutes before Noise left the area, assuming he left this way. Pulling his coat's sleeves up, a short and unnecessary pause, he began to run for the transportation pool. Better start the countdown, old man.

Spencer brushed her hand against the handle of her katana, checking to see if the strap was still attached and it was, then nodded up to him. Of course Spencer would never risk anything to get herself, Flint or anyone else for that matter, badly hurt or in trouble, but she did have a slight temper when it came to some things. Spencer waited until until Flint was at the door before she glanced around then head back to the table they were sitting at. After a couple of minutes she decided to get up and head over to the bar to take a seat there, glancing around as she walked over.

The upper floors were just as crowded as the lower ones, with the exception of an empty vault in the middle that allowed onlookers to glance to the lower floor. Smoke drifted in blue waves around his head as Flint scanned through the crowd, looking for something, anything that resembled Noise. Several patrons gave him unusual glances as he buffeted his way through the crowd one body at a time in his rampage to find the hacker.

Six minutes in, his headset went dark, the display flickering in and out in pixelated blurs. Tearing the device from his head, Flint turned left then right in a sweeping arc, attempting to pinpoint the cause. There. To his left. A long figure dashing out the second story exit. Revamped for another long day, he began his rampage once more, stopping only to call up Spencer.

"Get to the first floor, wait for a possible lead on Noise at all the exits."

During the time that Flint was looking for the lead Spencer had kept darting her eyes over to the people who had sat down or the door opening and even the dance floor. Although sense it was crowded and it was quite dark, the really only light for her coming from the dance floor and bar, she had to look even closer. She started biting her lip, knowing that the clock was ticking for them to find him. Even as she got the call from Flint, Spencer still looked around. After the call had ended she shoved her device back into her pocket and quickly stood up from the chair at the bar. She started to head to the first floor exit, people stared and also gave her weird looks but she just went past them. She got to the exit in no time, looking around at all the other exits, as well, trying to find Noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.