The Black Railgun

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Adrian's tyrant was like a infantry man a single hit could take it's and his life away but Adrian had been infantry and had fought in situations like this he moved his tyrant just as he would move, he saw a enemy moving down the street with his thermals he fired five shots destroying it he pulled back into cover as he reloaded the cannon, when he saw Ronin enter the fray he relaxed a bit most of the enemies would focus on him that gave Adrian and opportunity, he moved onto a toppled building overlooking the positions Ronin was fighting from and started to take shots at the enemy tyrants moving towards him, as he finished reloading his cannon his sensors blared as he was hit in the back he turned and saw a type II about to swipe again when he activated his EMP and shot the cockpit pointblank with his cannon killing the pilot and ending that threat. "I got damaged Ronin nothing serious but they have my position made i'm gonna have to relocate to keep picking these guys off." As Adrian was moving he saw some ruble moving and a tyrant hand stick out then a head and chest he saw it was not friendly so he but two round into it killing it. "Wonder how he got under there."

Johnathan could hear the whole conversation on the radio. "Looks like you guys need some help. I'll be there in a second." His words were not too far from the truth, as it took less than a minute to reach the battle. His Tyrant came speeding in, using its now-heated blades to cut through a couple of mid-sized Tyrants on the way. "Whippet has arrived. It looks like you need a bit of help taking these guys out, Solo." He knew it was senseless to try to tease the woman in the middle of a situation like this.

kamilasignature.png

"Solo get out of their i'm getting more heat signatures near your position."

"Adrian...I'm a little busy at the moment getting this guy off of me...and Merlin is having trouble seeking the rest of the enemy Tyrants out with the cloak shield. Gonna need eyes and cover until I put this guy down and get the hell outta here" Solo said...and hopefully alive she thought in hear head. The enemy tyrant that she was fighting earlier had swung at her again but this time she parried with the left gunblade and thrust the right gunblade towards the center again where she left her foot print. The gunblade pierced the metal and then slid the gunblade upward in a smooth motion, kicked it again, and this time shot it with her rail gun forcing the Armanoid further back. The Armanoid finally fell apart down the middle and then exploded with pieces of metal and parts flying everywhere. Soon after Ronin had joined them and moments later Whippet...well, looks like most of the gang was now here. In regards to Ronin's questions about whether staying or leaving, "Well, now that we have most of the crew here how about we put these guys down?" she asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Shouldn't have wasted time with the buried one Adrian, if the thing didn't starve out first, I would have gotten to it. It was disabled. The job was rescue the boss, not start extra fights, but we need to solve this now, don't we? Some bloody rescue this turned into..." Arthur either didn't seem to care that the Gunman had taken hits, or was just glossing over it, but if he was moving and lucid, then it wasn't that serious to warrant him dedicating time and energy to rectifying. Instead, he started dispatching orders, since as Solo had indeed mentioned, the crew was mostly here. And yes, he did indeed take the time to reprimand Solo in the middle of a battlezone, like he wasn't even remotely concerned about taking fire. "Whippet, stick with Adrian and help keep those mean, mean close quarter fellows that he has so much trouble with off his back as we withdraw and mop up, we're regrouping on the boss. Your fast enough, and a small enough profile, you should be able to do that no problem. Solo, rattle off any real damage you took, and we'll mop up as we fall back to the woods, taking that into consideration. Adrian's better in a fire support role there, and its close enough for the rest of us to operate just fine still."

Arthur finished, falling back on tactics rather than individual skill right now, and turned to face the closest approaching enemy Tyrant when a round slammed into the shoulder plating of the Duelist, throwing him off balance and ripping a good chunk of plating away as it deflected and went spiraling away. Oh, they did NOT just rip his shoulder plating apart, after he had just finished maintenance on the thing. The offender came out of the rubble, expecting a kill on the lightly armored Type III, only to get the barrel of his main gun sheared clean off and bisected neatly, the lighter, smaller Type II Gunman having been a sniper of sorts, or fancied himself one, and he cursed out the fool as he backed up towards the outskirts, assuming everything kept going according to plan, while venting his rage at the enemy forces in the process, for all those on the RYDE channel to hear. "Those ignorant, bloody minded, blind FUCKS just cost me several hours of gods forsaken work fixing the shoulder piece of my Duelist, let alone re-balancing it and making sure everything moves smoothly as before!"

"Fuck it we all got to pull back to the boss who is still sitting up on that hill behind us." Adrian started to back up keeping his strongest armor facing the enemy he saw the sniper that his Ronin and he fired a few suppressing rounds before yelling. "Ronin fuck the sniper we'll get him another day keep your head, Whippet keep them off me if they get to close." Adrian saw a large building was in between them and the advancing enemy it was only standing by a few support pillars he switched to the 8 inch gun. "Brace i'm going to bring this building down in front of us give us some cover to retreat their are to many here i'm picking up 43 contacts closing with us when I fire start running back to the Boss." Adrian targeted the supports and fired an HE shell destroying the support and causing the building to start to topple. "Now's our time people." Adrian said as he started to back off and retreat.

kamilasignature.png
Solo let out a frustrated growl, "What the hell? 43?!" she yelled out. This turned out to be a much bigger cluster fuck than she thought. "Alright, heading my way back to James," she said as a totaled car flew past her. She spun around and saw another Armanoid lifting cars that were around it and throwing them at her. The second flying car that came at her was sliced in half as she swung both gunblades up. No time for further play time with this guy. She told Merlin to hit max speed on Lancelot so as to avoid the building that was about to get annihilated and crumble down.

The music played from Rochelle's gramophone, a relic from a long lost time, with its signature scratching noise. The sound of it helped her relax when she was feeling especially stressed out. She rested her head against her hand, arm leaning against the arm of her leather couch. In her other hand, she was slowly swirling a glass of bourbon, taking the occasional sip. She was at peace, by herself with nothing but a drink and some music. With a final sip she finished her glass, and leaned forward towards the table to fill it up with the amber liquid from the crystal bottle, glittering like molten gold under the dim lights. But then, all of a sudden, she was interrupted by the sound of her smartphone buzzing away on the table. Usually she found the buzzing amusing, and would sometimes let the phone violently shake itself onto the floor, but at the moment she simply found it annoying. Picking it up, she unlocked the screen to read the message she had received, and find out who dared disturb her.

"We're being summoned? Right now? What a pain..."

She violently slammed the phone back onto the table and quickly poured herself another glass of bourbon, with such haste that she spilled some, and then downed it all at once. She leaned back and stretched her body out, cracking her neck from side to side. The buttons on her tight, pink blouse bulged ominously as she expanded her already massive chest with a deep breath while pushing it forward. She got up from the couch and walked over to the gramophone, lifting the needle, and the music came to an abrupt halt. Then she slowly made her way to Lord Erik's chamber.

Arriving, Rochelle noticed that only three of the others had arrived, meaning she wouldn't get chewed out for arriving late. At least not by anyone other than Elvira, of course. She walked up to Jack, putting her arms around his neck and resting her chest on his shoulder. She thought he was cute, the same way you think a dog is, and would sometimes cuddle him, either to annoy him or for her own pleasure. The latter was especially common when she was slightly tipsy, which she was at the moment.

"Hey Jackie, what'd I miss? Are we going out to play?" She said in a high-pitched, cutesy voice.

Reactions: Lady B
Steven was heading to the restroom, to clean himself up after he took care of some "business". Steven's shirt, hands and arms were covered in blood. Also his left cheek was bleeding, blood dripping off his face every few seconds. Then his smartphone went off, Steven stuck his hand in his pocket, forgetting that his hand was covered in blood, grabbed his phone, and removed it. He clicked a button on the side of the smartphone, then the screen of the device light up. Steven read the message from Lord Erik's sub-commander.

'Maybe this time I will have a challenge,' thought Steven.

Steven was going to put his phone away, but he noticed the blood on his hand had gotten on the smartphone. Steven gripped the phone tightly in irritation. In consequence, Steven's smartphone shattered because of the pressure. He dropped the now broken phone and started walking towards where the rest of the Inner Quadrants were gathering. As Steven was walking, people moved out of his way. He shoved a couple people out of his way. Some were shoved into other people, others into walls.

Several Minutes Later ...

Steven finally made it to the room. He had a look of disgust on his face for a little bit, because Steven didn't like his fellow Inner Quadrants. He walked to where the other Quadrants were standing, all the way to the right. Steven dropped down to one knee, smashing his fist into the floor hard enough that it would break a normal person's hand. The clean floor now had blood on it from Steven's hands and from the blood dripping from his face. "Reporting for service, Lord Erik," said Steven with no emotion in his voice. Then he stood up at attention, awaiting orders from Lord Erik.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Heheh, ok, Elvira.... but you are pretty shor-" she interrrupted him and commented on his breath. "Geh! Oh hush now! I'm the cleanest here! They literally scrubbed every organ I have so I could pilot my Mecha. There's no way I'd ruin that by not brushing!" He folded his arms, and looked away, before flashing her a grin. "See? Pearly as anything!" He laughed, and then froze. "Him..." His ears twitched, and he turned to the entrance before the guy even came in. Colin was creepy, and quiet... Out of all of them, he was probably second to last on his list... and here came mister last himself, striding down the hall. He looked like he just came in from the butcher shop. He gave Steven a disgusted look. "I know matters are pressing, but maybe you should clean up next time you decide to beat the meat." He folded his arms and turned ahead, distancing himself from the others.

As he did so, a weight pulled him down by the neck, and a weight was put on his shoulder. "Haaa-nnggh!" He yelped and gasped in surprise. Why hadn't he heard this person? A cutesy voice rang out. "R-rr-rochelle!" He almost jumped, as he turned his head. His face was met with cleavage. He turned beet red, and his knees wobbled. She loved doing this to him. He should have expected it, but every time she caught him off-guard. She'd tackle him, or smother him, or somehow put him into an inescapable hold, and cuddled him as he writhed like a dog avoiding a bath. He couldn't remember the number of times over the past weeks that she had teased him, or caught him in compromising situations. When he took the scrub and tried on suits for nervepad testing, his clothes had somehow mysteriously disappeared when he came back. He had to run to his room naked, and he felt she probably had a hand in that situation. She loved messing with him, and perhaps he was somewhat Ok with that. This place would be a lot less interesting if it weren't for her. He didn't mind sometimes, but most of the time, he freaked out. She seemed to be the only one here that could make him panic.

He shook, and turned pink, smelling the alcohol on her breath. She had an inescapable grip on his neck. He tried to turn and push her off, and he managed the turn part, but struggled with pushing. His face was buried in her chest, and his arms felt like noodles. The suave look he had before melted away into a flailing idiot. He clinged to her to remain standing, and, failed majestically. His head somehow escaped her death-hold, and slid down her front where it hit the floor. He immediately fainted.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Rochelle watched as Jack slid down unconscious onto the floor. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand in fake surprise, in reality covering up the mischievous smile spreading across her lips.

"Oh my, looks like we have a man down. Perhaps I overdid it?..."

Oh, how he loved his reactions. He was the only one of her fellow Inner Quadrants she could toy with, Elvira being too stuck up, and the others... Well, for example, Steven who had just walked in was covered in blood and tried to smash the floor to pieces with his fist, so let's just leave it at that. Rochelle bent down next to Jack, and gave him a light shake.

"Hello? Wakie wakie, Jackie! It's no time to nap now."

More Inner Quadrants walked in. She didn't care much for them, and didn't acknowledge them, Colin for being silent and Steven for being overly aggressive. Then came Rochelle, and made Jack pass out with her antics. Elvira clicked her tongue, and broke her salute for the first time since entering the room.

"Don't worry, Rochelle, I'll wake him up."

She slowly and calmly walked over to Jack who was still lying face-down on the floor. When she was next to his unconscious body, she slowly raised her right leg backwards, and then brought it forward with incredible force. The kick sent Jack flying across the room, crashing into the wall. She turned away, and flipped her hair.

"That's for calling me shorty."

"THE WAFFLE DID IT!"
This loud, panicked shout bust forth from the shaded corner as Jack smashed into the wall only a few inches away from a once sleeping Skaldern. He calmed down when he saw it was only one of his fellow Inner Quadrants and not a Justin Beaver fan trying to avenge their idol. Looking at the others he said "the snob, the drunk, the... er Jack, and the Bloody Baron are finally here. You lot took so long I fell asleep!"

He was awoke with a mighty blow to the gut, sending him across the room, and into the wall. Despite the hard steel under the plaster, he hit it hard enough to bury himself. Plaster shot out in all directions as he hit the wall with such a mighty force. He laid inside the wall, before falling out. "Guuuuh..." As sat up on all fours for a moment, and looked up, one could almost see the spirals in his eyes of a clean KO. He fell on his side, and rolled onto his back for a moment, holding his gut. After about a minute of that, he sat up on his knees. "Owowowwow..." He muttered to himself, and staggered over to Rochelle, then leaned on her shoulder. "Sheesh, sho- I mean, Elvira, you didn't have to kick me." He grumbled, and rubbed his gut. "I know three people around here who need to stop solving their problems with violence.... I mean, look at Rochy here, she doesn't beat up anybody! And I don't hurt anyone either. Maybe It's cause we're not so stiff, ehh?" He grinned, and his mouth looked a little bloody. His face was still peach colored from blushing, and his nose had a small trickle of blood. He hardly looked ready to take on a mission at the moment, but, he stretched his back, and wiped his face with a handkerchief provided by Rochelle. (He didn't know where it had been stored) He put it in his pocket, and his suave look returned. "Gang's all here, boss, give us the good news."

Aurura-Inner Quadrant

Aurura sat in her room and stared up at the ceiling. She ran a hand through her hair before sighing and sliding her legs off the edge of the bed. She stood up and got dressed before grabbing her Hand Cannon and strapping it to her thigh. She turned and went into the bathroom before looking in the mirror. She tilted her head and straightened her hair before putting deodorant on and walking out of her room. She looked back and forth down the hall ways before sighing and making her way to where the others from the Inner Quadrant were stationed.

She walked in to see chaos erupting and shook her head before taking a seat away from everyone and looking at them all. She yawned and put her head down and stretching her arms out. She looked up "Is there such a thing as normal?" She asked in a general question before putting her head back down. Her long blonde hair flowed out like a octopus's tentacles when she put her head back down.

"Yes Jack, maybe your master will give you a treat for that one." Scald replied shaking his head. He had a small amount of respect for the kid, but it annoyed him that he could never see that he was Rochelle's little plaything and nothing more. He was about to say there was one left when Aurura walked in. He didn't know why but she was the only person in the room he didn't bother to bother. Maybe it was that she literally brought a cannon wherever she went, or maybe I was that she was the only person here he could define as sane. "No there is not." He answered with a sigh and waited for the great and mighty old man Erik to tell them what to do.

"Guys, cut the chatter. Something's definitely off with this set of Tyrants. They didn't just appear on the radar, they POPPED up right in the middle of it."

James spoke into the comm. as he grabbed the movement joystick and guided Atenos' Railgun over to the target right in front of him at a distance of approximately 3 miles away.

"At, align at 2 degrees from the ground." James commanded as the barrel shifted ever so slightly and raised itself.

The RYDE team had started to rendezvous at James' location positioning them at the edge of the woods next to Atenos.

"Stay in the woods, do not engage them." He commanded but apparently he was too late as Adrian fired a shell which screamed as it cut the wind tearing into an enemy Tyrant at a distance of 2 miles.

"Adrian... NO...!!!"

All hell broke loose as the enemy Tyrants broke their formation and started to head straight for Adrian's location.

Arthur, Solo and everyone else started to engage as James opened up his comm. signal range.

BANG...!!!

A high velocity round smashed into Atenos' main hull denting it well. It was thanks to Atenos' Railgun Turret Mode that he wasn't damaged too seriously.

"Guys, they have some cloaking technology and they'll use it on you. I suggest stepping off and regrouping on me. We'll pick 'em off one by one."

As he said it, Solo headed off in a different direction followed by Adrian.

"Darn..." James blurted out as he slammed the Mode Reversal Switch and prepped Atenos to follow the Ryders.

"JAMES LYHALL...!!!"

Someone hailed James on his comm. as he started to move in the direction of his Ryders.

"What the hell..."

"PREPARE TO BE OBLITERATED. YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE ONLY BIG GUNS AROUND HERE...??!!?!"

"Who is this...??"

"EVER HEARD OF A PROTO-GIGAR...? I HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I FIRE IT AT THAT SWEET LITTLE GIRL THAT I SEE WANDERING INTO THE CITY."

"HELL....!!! Kamila...!!!"

James cranked on the Boost Set lever and almost immediately, additional boost thrusters ejected out of Atenos' legs and back. Firing the thrusters, the Type II Gunman whizzed across the woods moving for Solo's and Adrian's location crushing trees as he did.

"Princess, Whippet, Ronin, locate any Tyrant with Prototype Weaponry. Scan all weapons systems in the area, scan everything and redirect all your data to my screens right now. If we don't find this guy right now, he'll fire that hellish cannon of his and we are dead.

Atenos wasn't fast enough today.

Lord Erik turned his chair around in order to face all who had come there. These were the finest Ryders in his team, his personal team so to say and he had handpicked them keeping in mind each of their unique skillsets.

"Late is what you are..." he quietly remarked unclasping his fingers and slowly rising from his chair.

Sweeping one final gaze at the assembled Ryders who stood before him, Lord Erik descended from the stairs and stood before them.

"There is some news. Whether good or bad is not for us to decide, we are only supposed to carry this task out." Lord Erik explained as he paced back and forth in front of the group.

"We have just located another Plasmarganium quarry to the North of here, approximately 10 miles east of RYDE City where a few of our Ryders are busy engaging James Lyhall and his goons. Distraction is what they are."

Lord Erik walked up to the main screen and with the click of a few buttons, a map appeared on the screen showing the Plasmarganium quarry marked in green. Then the tyrant turned around.

"Our scanners have detected something huge buried deep under that area so we get to kill 2 birds with one stone. There is, however, a problem." Lord Erik went upto his seat once more and sat down. "There's a Rebel encampment in that area being led by a person by the name of Maxwell Hedge, the possessor of a custom-made Type III Gunman. So here's my question."

"Would you like to carry this mission out using your Tyrants or would you rather carry it out on foot...?"

Inner Quad-

Aurura looked up and groaned before Lord Erik began to speak. She listened closely to what he had to say and considered going in on foot. "Well... if it is a gunman.. I can take Darkside to rip it apart... I do not think it will be much of an issue. I promise it as so... I love to see Ryder's be torn apart.. The blood of the pilots seeping through the wreckage.. So.. well. Kinda artistic if you ask me." She said breaking the silence after their leader finished speaking. She sat up straight in her chair and stretched her arms. "I think going in with all guns blazing will be an absolute waste.. DarkSide has a prototype armor upgrade on it now.. I dont use shields so picking up my energy signal from far away wont be an issue." She continued on. "But it is just to all of you. I honestly do not care what we do.. this sitting around is driving me crazy."

She then yawned loudly and stood up. Her long hair reaching down to her waist as she stretched again. She ran a hand through the upper part of her hair and smiled "So... Would you all allow me the pleasure of tearing it to pieces using DarkSider's new plasma claws... He was very much upgraded recently.. Thanks to you Lord Erik." She said and sent a big smile his way.

Adrian was pulling out with his fellow tyrants when his warning systems started to blare about energy build up he was confused until he saw the glow of an energy weapon and high power from what his readings were saying, time seemed to slow as his computer told him it was targeting the area solo and himself occupied at the moment, no one seemed to take notice of the build up but him, he watched in sloe motion as the rounds, plasma and ozone burned around him, he knew what he had to do he just hoped it worked, Adrian pushed Solo and her tyrant behind a building he then turned towards the energy build up it was at 97% as he snapped off an un aimed shot at enemy tyrant...it missed but the round detonated close enough to partially throw off the weapons aim but it was still gonna hit but with less of a impact, Adrian's computer locked down his tyrant as the blast hit, with the Maus's armor and shield just barely holding out he could feel the tyrant groan and struggle for survival and as Adrian sat there he uttered a prayer. "Gods of war and death I have bathed in both of your domains and offered you both many souls in your names, do not abandon me now."

Classical sci-fi music could be heard coming from the single room that Silo resided in. He was sitting forward on the edge of his bed, fully immersed in the television show he was watching. It was a representation of what was now called the "Old Ages". They'd even designated its own term, for the recent loss of religious foundation in the world - P.M. (Pre-Mecha) and A.M. (After Mecha). They were similar to those assigned to time, but most time was told in military form now, so there was little to no confusion. P.M. was the world that fascinated him most. His curiosity of the world before these giant battling machines were the center of everything the humans did.

He was only in his off clothes when he heard the alarm blaring. He continued to stare at the screen for a few moments before he decided to get up. He always made it a point to never miss the shows they did about P.M. warfare. The clothes he put on were those granted to basic graduates. They were the first ones he ever received. While they offered much less cover than the more advanced clothing his teammates wore, he chose to wear this because of the sentimental value. He'd grown attached to the uniform, just as he had to his mech.

Once he'd gotten changed, he fixed up his dark brown hair. He tried a pair of his glasses on and looked into his own dark green orbs through the mirror, but decided against wearing them this time. His vision wasn't the greatest, as a result from things that had happened in his rough childhood growing up, but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. He'd trained himself to adapt to his vision loss, and anyone who fought him wouldn't even be able to tell.

Once all was done, he made his way through the massive corridors to Lord Erik's meeting room. The splendor of the place was almost lost on how dull it was. More expense was put into the rooms which the Lord spent most of his own time residing in. The meeting room was one such room.

He knew he'd be late, so he took his time getting there. There wouldn't be anything to gain from getting mad at him now, and he was sure that they'd still not be done with detailing the mission. Even if they had, he'd quickly catch on. He was a fast "picker upper". He finally pushed the meeting room door open and stepped in, closing it quietly behind him. "I apologize for being late," he said in a very hushed voice. "Have we already been given the mission details?"

He was a bit surprised as he looked around. They seemed to have been roughhousing more than they had been getting a mission debriefing. He didn't pay much mind to it though. He wasn't much of an open people person. He was here per his Lord's request, and that was what he would fulfill.

Steven ignored what was going around as he stood at attention. 'The Inner Quadrant is not what it used to be,' thought Steven. Steven saluted as Lord Erik turned his chair to face the Inner Quadrant. He kept his face neutral, showing no emotions, while Lord Erik said, "Late is what you are..."

"There is some news. Whether good or bad is not for us to decide, we are only supposed to carry this task out." explained Lord Erik walking back and forth in front of the Inner Quadrant. "We have just located another Plasmarganium quarry to the North of here, approximately 10 miles east of RYDE City where a few of our Ryders are busy engaging James Lyhall and his goons. Distraction is what they are."

Lord Erik walked up to the main screen and with the click of a few buttons, a map appeared on the screen showing the Plasmarganium quarry marked in green. Then the tyrant turned around.

"Our scanners have detected something huge buried deep under that area so we get to kill 2 birds with one stone. There is, however, a problem." Lord Erik went up to his seat once more and sat down. "There's a Rebel encampment in that area being led by a person by the name of Maxwell Hedge, the possessor of a custom-made Type III Gunman. So here's my question. Would you like to carry this mission out using your Tyrants or would you rather carry it out on foot...?"

"I have no preference, sir," stated Steven, "I will do what I am ordered to do, sir."