The Adventures of Arya and The Doctor! [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arya stared at the robot while the Doctor spoke. She hadn't really taken the time to observe it yet.
It looked like very complicated technology to her, something she could never understand properly. So if this robot broke, they would indeed be in trouble.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him... or it, rather." she assured the man.

After running to cover, she ducked and covered her ears with both hands.
Arya hadn't personally seen any explosions yet, but she was warned about the noise they make.
When that cannon goes off, you better cover your ears or you'll be bleeding from them, girl, someone had once told her.
Once they were far enough away from the area The Doctor intended on blowing up, he glanced to Arya again. "All right, time to make this thing go boom." The old time lord wasn't so fond of explosions, violence, or anything that could cause someone or something to get hurt, but he knew they couldn't always be avoided. He just had to be careful how he went about such things.

"I'll count down from three, and then I'll make it explode," he said. "Three... two..." Before he even said one, he lifted his sonicscrewdriver and pointed it at the makeshift bomb, activating it from a distance. It instantly blew up in a yellow-orange burst that was a bit louder than a gunshot. The area was clouded in smoke for a moment, but once it cleared you could see the forcefield around the hole now rippled and looked blurry.

"Okay, I didn't quite go to the count of three. Too eager. But let's go!" he chirped, rushing over to the hole with energetic enthusiasm. He waited for Arya and when she caught up to him he examined her for a moment, like a father about to give his youngest daughter approval to leave the house, before he gave her hair a ruffle. "There now. Are you ready? Just go slowly so the bot can keep up with you and please be careful."

Once they were far enough away from the area The Doctor intended on blowing up, he glanced to Arya again. "All right, time to make this thing go boom." The old time lord wasn't so fond of explosions, violence, or anything that could cause someone or something to get hurt, but he knew they couldn't always be avoided. He just had to be careful how he went about such things.

"I'll count down from three, and then I'll make it explode," he said. "Three... two..." Before he even said one, he lifted his sonicscrewdriver and pointed it at the makeshift bomb, activating it from a distance. It instantly blew up in a yellow-orange burst that was a bit louder than a gunshot. The area was clouded in smoke for a moment, but once it cleared you could see the forcefield around the hole now rippled and looked blurry.

"Okay, I didn't quite go to the count of three. Too eager. But let's go!" he chirped, rushing over to the hole with energetic enthusiasm. He waited for Arya and when she caught up to him he examined her for a moment, like a father about to give his youngest daughter approval to leave the house, before he gave her hair a ruffle. "There now. Are you ready? Just go slowly so the bot can keep up with you and please be careful."
After the explosion, which turned out to be less loud than she imagined, Arya looked up and stood up again.
She followed the Doctor, looking at the damaged forcefield and biting her lip. It was a pretty small hole, but she would be able to crawl through it.
Looking up at him again, she couldn't help but smile at his happy enthusiasm.

"I promise I'll try not to get killed" she joked before walking over to the hole.

Lying down on her stomach, Arya started squeezing herself under the forcefield to the other side.
Once there, she stood up and wiped the dust and most of the dirt off her dress again, looking back.
Smiling widely, she brought her hand up and waved at the Doctor.

Her voice could still be heard, but only faintly from the other side of the forcefield.
"I feel like it's colder out here..." she mumbled while looking around.

Meanwhile, Atlas, following the command that was given to him, found a way to follow Arya.
The metal tubes in his robotic arms and legs got pulled back, sucked into the sphere that was the center of his body.
When he was reduced to nothing but a ball, Atlas rolled under the forcefield as well, and then remade himself, looking only at Arya since he was instructed to follow her wherever she went.

After the explosion, which turned out to be less loud than she imagined, Arya looked up and stood up again.
She followed the Doctor, looking at the damaged forcefield and biting her lip. It was a pretty small hole, but she would be able to crawl through it.
Looking up at him again, she couldn't help but smile at his happy enthusiasm.

"I promise I'll try not to get killed" she joked before walking over to the hole.

Lying down on her stomach, Arya started squeezing herself under the forcefield to the other side.
Once there, she stood up and wiped the dust and most of the dirt off her dress again, looking back.
Smiling widely, she brought her hand up and waved at the Doctor.

Her voice could still be heard, but only faintly from the other side of the forcefield.
"I feel like it's colder out here..." she mumbled while looking around.

Meanwhile, Atlas, following the command that was given to him, found a way to follow Arya.
The metal tubes in his robotic arms and legs got pulled back, sucked into the sphere that was the center of his body.
When he was reduced to nothing but a ball, Atlas rolled under the forcefield as well, and then remade himself, looking only at Arya since he was instructed to follow her wherever she went.
//Well this sucks. Jail, Aki? Really?! Whyyyy?! XD

"Oh, ha ha, yes, that's a good one." The Doctor smiled at Arya when she joked, but inside he was nervous. He didn't want her to die. He would be completely and entirely alone again if he lost her. He had lost too many friends. He wouldn't lose another one, especially not Arya.

He watched the robot and Arya leave, hearing her voice echo from his sonicscrewdriver--which was now linked to the robot so he could communicate with her. "Blah, blah, no time for complaining! Off you go! It will be much warmer inside the laboratory. Do you see it? It should be a large, square building. Probably grey. You might even see people with long white coats, lab coats, walking in and out of it. Can you see anything?"

The lab was indeed dead ahead of Arya. However, it was surrounded by a tall iron fense. Two guards stood in front of the fense, one asleep leaning against the fense while the other one was busy twirling a set of keys around his fingers and pacing casually in front of the gate. She could try to climb the fense out of sight from the guards, speak with them and see if they would let her in, or possibly fight the guards and take their keys. Perhaps she could even consult The Doctor and see if he had any ideas.

"While you're heading for the lab, I'm going to do a little work myself. I just thought up an idea! An idea that might help me to create a cure for the shadow virus," The Doctor said. He walked over to the remaining robot--the one Arya hadn't chosen to go with her--and began to hack into it so he could control it as well. He had plans for the second robot.

Last edited by a moderator:
//Well this sucks. Jail, Aki? Really?! Whyyyy?! XD

"Oh, ha ha, yes, that's a good one." The Doctor smiled at Arya when she joked, but inside he was nervous. He didn't want her to die. He would be completely and entirely alone again if he lost her. He had lost too many friends. He wouldn't lose another one, especially not Arya.

He watched the robot and Arya leave, hearing her voice echo from his sonicscrewdriver--which was now linked to the robot so he could communicate with her. "Blah, blah, no time for complaining! Off you go! It will be much warmer inside the laboratory. Do you see it? It should be a large, square building. Probably grey. You might even see people with long white coats, lab coats, walking in and out of it. Can you see anything?"

The lab was indeed dead ahead of Arya. However, it was surrounded by a tall iron fense. Two guards stood in front of the fense, one asleep leaning against the fense while the other one was busy twirling a set of keys around his fingers and pacing casually in front of the gate. She could try to climb the fense out of sight from the guards, speak with them and see if they would let her in, or possibly fight the guards and take their keys. Perhaps she could even consult The Doctor and see if he had any ideas.

"While you're heading for the lab, I'm going to do a little work myself. I just thought up an idea! An idea that might help me to create a cure for the shadow virus," The Doctor said. He walked over to the remaining robot--the one Arya hadn't chosen to go with her--and began to hack into it so he could control it as well. He had plans for the second robot.
// It's so stupid, he did something dumb four years ago and now they're putting him in jail for it, wow O.o

Arya nodded and looked at the building. It was pretty huge compared to what buildings were in her world, and she needed some time to take the surroundings in.
She saw the fence and thought about climbing it, but maybe the robot couldn't follow her that way, and she would definitely need it when inside.
Confronting the guards seemed to be her only option. She did have her sword and she could probably kill them if she approached them right, but these men hadn't done any wrong to her.

Deciding to avoid killing them for as long as possible, she thought of a plan.

"Stay here, little bot" she commanded.

After that, Arya slowly started crying and sobbing, pulling her best possible 'innocent, sad little girl' look while running over to the entrance.
Using her fist to dry her tears, she went up to the not-sleeping guard, hoping he wouldn't pay too much attention to her sword.

"S-Ser, you have to help me" she sobbed.
"My m-mother's being attacked, t-they want to rob her and rape her! They're right over there, p-please ser, help her!"

Arya took hold of his sleeve and pulled it, looking up at him with those huge puppy dog eyes as she pointed to a certain direction.
It might not have been the greatest plan, but it was all she could come up with then.

// It's so stupid, he did something dumb four years ago and now they're putting him in jail for it, wow O.o
//Yeah it's sad. :( Poor Aki. Anyhow, I'll be replying soon. The last two days getting home from work I was exhausted because I was just getting used to working again while I was getting over being sick. XD So I was too tired to reply. But it's the weekend! Woo! So I feel good and will be replying today. :)

Arya nodded and looked at the building. It was pretty huge compared to what buildings were in her world, and she needed some time to take the surroundings in.
She saw the fence and thought about climbing it, but maybe the robot couldn't follow her that way, and she would definitely need it when inside.
Confronting the guards seemed to be her only option. She did have her sword and she could probably kill them if she approached them right, but these men hadn't done any wrong to her.

Deciding to avoid killing them for as long as possible, she thought of a plan.

"Stay here, little bot" she commanded.

After that, Arya slowly started crying and sobbing, pulling her best possible 'innocent, sad little girl' look while running over to the entrance.
Using her fist to dry her tears, she went up to the not-sleeping guard, hoping he wouldn't pay too much attention to her sword.

"S-Ser, you have to help me" she sobbed.
"My m-mother's being attacked, t-they want to rob her and rape her! They're right over there, p-please ser, help her!"

Arya took hold of his sleeve and pulled it, looking up at him with those huge puppy dog eyes as she pointed to a certain direction.
It might not have been the greatest plan, but it was all she could come up with then.
When Arya ordered the bot to stay still, The Doctor could hear her voice echoing through his sonicscrewdriver. He opened his mouth intending to ask her what she was up to, but closed it again, not wanting to interfere if she had a plan. Instead of speaking, he continued to work on the second robot, hacking into it and taking control of it. Once it was up and running, he began to follow it for a moment before hiding behind a building in town. The Doctor was about to his this little bot for his second plan. He was going to use the bot to get another wish from the sphynx they had spoken to earlier.

Sure, only one wish was allowed per person, but maybe, just maybe, if The Doctor had the robot speak with the sphinx instead, the sphinx wouldn't realize it was another person and would grant him the wish. It was worth a shot, at least. There was something very important The Doctor wanted to wish for. He wanted to wish for the ingredients needed to cure the virus.

Meanwhile, the guard whom Arya spoke to widened his eyes in surprise when she suddenly begged for his help. "I-I... uh... I'm not supposed to leave my post..." Then again, he couldn't just leave this poor girl without any help. He turned toward his partner--who was still asleep--and kicked in him the shin. "Wake up! There's a little girl's mother whose in trouble. I'm going to go help her. Stay awake and guard the gate while I'm gone." The sleepy partner groaned when he awoke, but nodded, stepping in front of the gate when the first guard moved to Arya's side, intending to help her. "Where is your mother?" he asked.

//By the way, you're welcome to play the Sphinx if you want. But you don't have to. I'll just play him if you're not interested. XD Just thought I'd offer.

When Arya ordered the bot to stay still, The Doctor could hear her voice echoing through his sonicscrewdriver. He opened his mouth intending to ask her what she was up to, but closed it again, not wanting to interfere if she had a plan. Instead of speaking, he continued to work on the second robot, hacking into it and taking control of it. Once it was up and running, he began to follow it for a moment before hiding behind a building in town. The Doctor was about to his this little bot for his second plan. He was going to use the bot to get another wish from the sphynx they had spoken to earlier.

Sure, only one wish was allowed per person, but maybe, just maybe, if The Doctor had the robot speak with the sphinx instead, the sphinx wouldn't realize it was another person and would grant him the wish. It was worth a shot, at least. There was something very important The Doctor wanted to wish for. He wanted to wish for the ingredients needed to cure the virus.

Meanwhile, the guard whom Arya spoke to widened his eyes in surprise when she suddenly begged for his help. "I-I... uh... I'm not supposed to leave my post..." Then again, he couldn't just leave this poor girl without any help. He turned toward his partner--who was still asleep--and kicked in him the shin. "Wake up! There's a little girl's mother whose in trouble. I'm going to go help her. Stay awake and guard the gate while I'm gone." The sleepy partner groaned when he awoke, but nodded, stepping in front of the gate when the first guard moved to Arya's side, intending to help her. "Where is your mother?" he asked.

//By the way, you're welcome to play the Sphinx if you want. But you don't have to. I'll just play him if you're not interested. XD Just thought I'd offer.
// Yeah no problem, I'll do the sphinxy when the bot's there :3 I'm just assuming you'll send the bot to it, so I'll go from there. If it's wrong, just let me know xD

The sphinx opened its stone eyelids when the robot approached.
It gave the metal creature a stare and a short pause before speaking.

"Something seems quite off, I sense no personality in you, little one. Speak to me and state your name."

Arya frowned at the guard's response. She needed both of them gone if she wanted to get in there. Looks like she'd have to step up her game a little.
Starting to shake her head violently, her voice raised a couple decibels and her cries turned desperate.

"No no no, you both need to go! Pleeeaase, you can't do it alone! There's... There's maybe a dozen of them! I don't want to go back but you both need to go or my mommy will DIEEEEEEE!"

She had no idea if her crying was even convincing enough to seem real, and was also hoping the guards would believe her story.
Arya was doing her best, crying and yelling at the same time, mostly to just be annoying.

// Yeah no problem, I'll do the sphinxy when the bot's there :3 I'm just assuming you'll send the bot to it, so I'll go from there. If it's wrong, just let me know xD

The sphinx opened its stone eyelids when the robot approached.
It gave the metal creature a stare and a short pause before speaking.

"Something seems quite off, I sense no personality in you, little one. Speak to me and state your name."

Arya frowned at the guard's response. She needed both of them gone if she wanted to get in there. Looks like she'd have to step up her game a little.
Starting to shake her head violently, her voice raised a couple decibels and her cries turned desperate.

"No no no, you both need to go! Pleeeaase, you can't do it alone! There's... There's maybe a dozen of them! I don't want to go back but you both need to go or my mommy will DIEEEEEEE!"

She had no idea if her crying was even convincing enough to seem real, and was also hoping the guards would believe her story.
Arya was doing her best, crying and yelling at the same time, mostly to just be annoying.

Thankfully for Arya, guard number one--the one who had agreed to help her--was a freaking idiot, siding with her and believing her fake cry. "Maybe you should go too, Joe! If there are many of them, she's right, we will need the backup."

Sadly, Joe--guard number two--wasn't as much of an idiot. "We aren't supposed to leave our post though. I'll tell you what, go take a look yourselves and if there really are as many as she says there is, I'll come help you in a minute."

Drat. Now what was Arya going to do?

Meanwhile, The Doctor waited behind his building, hearing the voice of the Sphinx echo through his screwdriver when the little robot he was controlling approached it. He disguised his voice to sound like the robots so he wouldn't be recognized, but couldn't think what to say at first. He couldn't remember the robot's bloody name! If only he had been thinking about that detail when he had a chance to ask the bot, instead of being distracted by how brilliant he was for coming up with his plan. What was that bot's name? Was it P-body? No... Atlas? Well, it was one of the two. The Doctor decided to just pick one at random.

"My name is P-Body, I've come to get a riddle so I can ask you for a wish," The Doctor said, hoping the voice disguise would be enough to fool the Sphinx.

Thankfully for Arya, guard number one--the one who had agreed to help her--was a freaking idiot, siding with her and believing her fake cry. "Maybe you should go too, Joe! If there are many of them, she's right, we will need the backup."

Sadly, Joe--guard number two--wasn't as much of an idiot. "We aren't supposed to leave our post though. I'll tell you what, go take a look yourselves and if there really are as many as she says there is, I'll come help you in a minute."

Drat. Now what was Arya going to do?

Meanwhile, The Doctor waited behind his building, hearing the voice of the Sphinx echo through his screwdriver when the little robot he was controlling approached it. He disguised his voice to sound like the robots so he wouldn't be recognized, but couldn't think what to say at first. He couldn't remember the robot's bloody name! If only he had been thinking about that detail when he had a chance to ask the bot, instead of being distracted by how brilliant he was for coming up with his plan. What was that bot's name? Was it P-body? No... Atlas? Well, it was one of the two. The Doctor decided to just pick one at random.

"My name is P-Body, I've come to get a riddle so I can ask you for a wish," The Doctor said, hoping the voice disguise would be enough to fool the Sphinx.
Arya chewed her lip in deep thought and frustration. In the stories people told her, guards were never clever.
Maybe there really was no other way into the building than to kill these two men.
There were two of them, and they were both almost twice her size and probably much stronger, but she thought of something she could do.

"... Look! There they come!"

Hoping at least the dumber one would look over to the direction Arya was pointing, she quickly proceeded to give Joe a firm kick to the babymakers.
While sending her leg up there, she quickly drew her sword and attempted to slide the blade down into the man's shoulder.
If that worked, she would quickly pull Needle out, turn around and slash the other man's belly open.

// that all doesn't have to work, you can stop it at any point after the kick if you want xD

Back in town, the statue kept staring at the little robot. It had seen people of all shapes and sizes, but this one seemed much different.

"I can not grant you a wish if you do not have the ablity to think, little creature. You will have to prove to me that you are capable of doing so by solving a riddle."

The Sphinx closed his eyes and continued to speak after a short pause.

"I have one scale and eight balls, seven of equal weight, only one heavier than the rest. Using the scale only two times, how can I find the heavier one of the eight balls?"

After giving the riddle, the creature opened its eyes again, awaiting the robot's response.

Last edited:
Arya chewed her lip in deep thought and frustration. In the stories people told her, guards were never clever.
Maybe there really was no other way into the building than to kill these two men.
There were two of them, and they were both almost twice her size and probably much stronger, but she thought of something she could do.

Hoping at least the dumber one would look over to the direction Arya was pointing, she quickly proceeded to give Joe a firm kick to the babymakers.
While sending her leg up there, she quickly drew her sword and attempted to slide the blade down into the man's shoulder.
If that worked, she would quickly pull Needle out, turn around and slash the other man's belly open.

// that all doesn't have to work, you can stop it at any point after the kick if you want xD

Back in town, the statue kept staring at the little robot. It had seen people of all shapes and sizes, but this one seemed much different.

"I can not grant you a wish if you do not have the ablity to think, little creature. You will have to prove to me that you are capable of doing so by solving a riddle."

The Sphinx closed his eyes and continued to speak after a short pause.

"I have one scale and eight balls, seven of equal weight, only one heavier than the rest. Using the scale only two times, how can I find the heavier one of the eight balls?"

After giving the riddle, the creature opened its eyes again, awaiting the robot's response.

When Arya shouted, the dumber of the two men--not the one Arya threw a kick at--looked in the direction she pointed in just as she hoped he would. Joe, however, was not dumb enough to look away and blocked Arya's kick--thwarting her plan.

"What the hell!?" Joe cried in shock. Arya's blade didn't exactly end up where she had been hoping it would, but because he used most of his reaction to block her kick, Arya's sword still managed to slice open his arm, leaving a wide cut. He cursed and stumbled back as he grabbed his wound and shouted to his partner, "Grab her, Donny!"

Donny complied and went after Arya. The young girl could either attack Joe again--maybe after stumbling he was vulnerable--or she could dodge Donny and run away from the men to hide and come up with a new plan.

The Doctor was worried the sphinx wouldn't be interested in giving the robot a riddle, let alone granting it a wish. He was relieved when that wasn't the case. He would still have to be careful, however, not to give away his identity by acting too much like himself.

"Hey, I do so have the ability to think!" The Doctor made the little robot say. "But I'm not the smartest thing out there--which isn't my fault, I blame my programmers. So do you think I might be able to have two guesses? What do ya say?"

When Arya shouted, the dumber of the two men--not the one Arya threw a kick at--looked in the direction she pointed in just as she hoped he would. Joe, however, was not dumb enough to look away and blocked Arya's kick--thwarting her plan.

"What the hell!?" Joe cried in shock. Arya's blade didn't exactly end up where she had been hoping it would, but because he used most of his reaction to block her kick, Arya's sword still managed to slice open his arm, leaving a wide cut. He cursed and stumbled back as he grabbed his wound and shouted to his partner, "Grab her, Donny!"

Donny complied and went after Arya. The young girl could either attack Joe again--maybe after stumbling he was vulnerable--or she could dodge Donny and run away from the men to hide and come up with a new plan.

The Doctor was worried the sphinx wouldn't be interested in giving the robot a riddle, let alone granting it a wish. He was relieved when that wasn't the case. He would still have to be careful, however, not to give away his identity by acting too much like himself.

"Hey, I do so have the ability to think!" The Doctor made the little robot say. "But I'm not the smartest thing out there--which isn't my fault, I blame my programmers. So do you think I might be able to have two guesses? What do ya say?"
After missing her kick, Arya realized it wouldn't be as easy as she expected it to be.
Now she was up against two grown men who knew what she was up to and capable of.
Running seemed to be the best option, since she didn't know if the men were armed or not, so she did.
When Donny ran at her, she ducked to avoid getting caught, running past him and straight to the door into the building.

If it wasn't locked, she would run straight in and look for a place to hide.
But Arya knew there were many things that could go wrong, there could be people inside or the door could even be locked.
If any of that was the case, she'd just surrender herself and hope they'd let her live.

The sphinx kept looking at the robot, its eyelids half-shut.

"There is only one answer, little creature. So only one guess."

After missing her kick, Arya realized it wouldn't be as easy as she expected it to be.
Now she was up against two grown men who knew what she was up to and capable of.
Running seemed to be the best option, since she didn't know if the men were armed or not, so she did.
When Donny ran at her, she ducked to avoid getting caught, running past him and straight to the door into the building.

If it wasn't locked, she would run straight in and look for a place to hide.
But Arya knew there were many things that could go wrong, there could be people inside or the door could even be locked.
If any of that was the case, she'd just surrender herself and hope they'd let her live.

The sphinx kept looking at the robot, its eyelids half-shut.

"There is only one answer, little creature. So only one guess."

As Arya ducked and rushed past the bumbling guards, heading straight into the building, they were unable to catch her thanks to her youthful speed and agility. She had made a good move. Once inside the building, Arya could see black and white tiled flooring, a few chairs, and a desk where a woman sat typing at a computer. She lifted her head in surprsie seeing Arya enter, unsure what to make of her sudden appearance. She looked far too young to be an employee, and wasn't sure if this girl was a child of one of the people who worked there. She must have been someone important, however, because the guards wouldn't have let her inside otherwise. Pushing up a pair of thick, black glasses on the bride of her nose, the woman said, "Excuse me, dear, but I'll need to see some identification before you enter the building."

This woman didn't look like much of a threat. It would be easily possible for Arya knock her out and continue onward. But whatever she did was up to her. She would just have to move along quickly before the guards from outside rushed in after her. Something was coming after her already, but thankfully it was only her little robotic companion and not one of the guards just yet.

The Doctor wrinkled his nose when the sphinx opted only to give him one try at the riddle. It wasn't as if he needed another try though. He was knowledgable about riddles, after all. But still... what a selish sphinx!

"Oh, okay, if you say so," the Doctor replied through the robot. "I-I just hope I get it right. My answer is really just a guess because I'm not sure." He paused before speaking again. "I think what you would do is weigh balls 1-3 against balls 4-6. If both sides are equal, weigh ball 7 against ball 8 to find the one that is heavier. If 1,2, or 3 are heavier, weigh 1 against 2. If 1 and 2 are equal, 3 is heavy. If not, either 1 or 2 is. If 4,5,6 was heavy instead of 1,2,3 do the same with those three. Weigh 4 against 5."

Once inside, Arya quickly hid her sword behind her back before the woman noticed her. Panting, she looked over and started thinking of what she should do next.
There wasn't a lot of time though, the two guards would be coming in any moment now. For a moment she considered giving up, but even if they didn't kill her, it would be near impossible to get into the building again.
On top of that, she had completely forgotten about the robot until now, and it was pretty important for the rest of her task.
But her current situation was a lot more important, and she had to think of a plan quickly.

Rushing over to the woman, she used the element of surprise to slam the hilt of her sword into her temple as hard as she could and as many times necessary to knock her unconscious
After that, she thought of a way to maybe convince the guards she wasn't inside the building anymore.
It only took her a few seconds to run over to the nearest window, shatter it, and then leave her sword by it before running back over to the desk the woman was sitting at.
Hoping it would make the men think that she had left through the window, she took the woman under the desk with her to hide, holding her breath.

The sphinx remained quiet and watched the robot as the answer came through its speaker.
He thought it strange that the robot didn't move much at all and spoke in a fairly familiar voice, but nothing else could be done.

"Very well. You have proven to me that you do have the ability to think, and thus have a mind of your own, little one.
You have given me the correct answer to the riddle, and may now speak your wish. But remember. There are some things even I can not give you."

Its stone eyes continued to stare at P-Body, awaiting a command and preparing to grant him his wish.

// God there are just no good RPs anymore... Either they're about something that really doesn't interest me, they've died out or they go way too slowly xD

Once inside, Arya quickly hid her sword behind her back before the woman noticed her. Panting, she looked over and started thinking of what she should do next.
There wasn't a lot of time though, the two guards would be coming in any moment now. For a moment she considered giving up, but even if they didn't kill her, it would be near impossible to get into the building again.
On top of that, she had completely forgotten about the robot until now, and it was pretty important for the rest of her task.
But her current situation was a lot more important, and she had to think of a plan quickly.

Rushing over to the woman, she used the element of surprise to slam the hilt of her sword into her temple as hard as she could and as many times necessary to knock her unconscious
After that, she thought of a way to maybe convince the guards she wasn't inside the building anymore.
It only took her a few seconds to run over to the nearest window, shatter it, and then leave her sword by it before running back over to the desk the woman was sitting at.
Hoping it would make the men think that she had left through the window, she took the woman under the desk with her to hide, holding her breath.

The sphinx remained quiet and watched the robot as the answer came through its speaker.
He thought it strange that the robot didn't move much at all and spoke in a fairly familiar voice, but nothing else could be done.

"Very well. You have proven to me that you do have the ability to think, and thus have a mind of your own, little one.
You have given me the correct answer to the riddle, and may now speak your wish. But remember. There are some things even I can not give you."

Its stone eyes continued to stare at P-Body, awaiting a command and preparing to grant him his wish.

// God there are just no good RPs anymore... Either they're about something that really doesn't interest me, they've died out or they go way too slowly xD

//Sorry to hear you aren't finding too many good rps anymore. I, sadly, fall into the category of going way too slow right now. XD So I apologize for that. I'm just really busy with my new job, college, and am still rping but am finding myself hopping around in many of them and not replying to most of them very fast or often. (I am enjoying them, but God I miss murder games. </3 :( ) It will just be that way until December, sadly. But as for looking for new rps, all I can say is hunt for more. Sign up for different ones that seem interesting to you, and if they aren't that great just quit them. And if you're really struggling but craving rp, you could always make an advertisement thread asking for 1x1s or groups (whatever you're craving ^^ ). If you ever do decide to do that but can't think of any ideas to put in an advertisement thread, you're welcome to use some of mine. Because I have a crap ton of ideas on a document I wrote up. XD But gosh, if I had time right now, I'd host a murder game. I know murder is Aki's creation, but I don't think he'd mind if someone else hosted one while he was gone to keep the community going. I just don't have time to be a GM right now... *sniffle* December can't come soone enough. XD (Or at least November when Aki comes back. >>) //

The secritary woman never knew what hit her--the hilt of Arya's sword to be exact. She toppled onto the floor, leaving Arya with a perfect opportunity to figure out a way to avoid the guards. After she shattered the window and hid behind the desk, the guards came rushing in, and were fooled just as she had hoped. Joe and Donny looked at the glass baffled for a moment. Donny wanted to rush outside and look for Arya, thinking for sure she had run outside, but Joe, however, wanted to be more careful.

"She still might be inside. We need to search around this area before we head outside," Joe told Donny before walking toward the front door they had entered through. He hit a bright red button on the side of the wall, causing an alarm to go off.

"INTRUDER ALERT!" the alarm voiced while beeping.

"Now, I'm going to check in this room for her. We should check behind the desk." Joe began to walk toward the desk where Arya was hiding, but thankfully was distracted when he saw the little robot making its way into the room.

"What's that?" Donny questioned.

"I think that bot works for us," Joe stated, walking up behind it and nudging it with his foot. "Hey, bot, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the town where we were keeping the prisoners."

The bot didn't reply. The Doctor was too distracted by the sphynx to realize Joe was speaking to him through the robot, so he didn't reply. Still, the fact that the two guards were distracted by the bot with their guards down meant that she could attack them now and probably do some real damage with the element of surprise on her side. However, there were still risks. If she jumped out to attack them, but the time she finished, more guards could be on their way thanks to the alarm Joe had set off. The choice of what to do was up to her.

Meanwhile, The Doctor grinned happily when the sphinx offered himself, er, P-Body a wish for getting the riddle right. "I'm surprised I got it right, but thank goodness I did! Now I can get a wish," the Doctor chirped happily through the robot's voice. "So here's what I'd like. Can I have all the items needed to make the cure for the shadow virus? If not, can I at least have the location of where I may find the items to make the cure? It would really help my sciencetist buddies out," he said.

// Oh pleaaase, I don't mind you being a little slower xD But hey, now that you mention it, Aki told me you would be a great host, and I think so too, so if he hasn't asked you to host a game yet, I'm very sure he wouldn't mind if you did ^^ Be careful though, the last two people beside Aki who tried to host, had something bad happening to them. Maybe it's like a curse >.> But you just worry about work and things that matter for now (:

Arya almost wanted to cry, why did that one guard have to be so suspicious?
She frowned and bit her lip harder than usual, the pressure and loud noise starting to make her more nervous every second.
Leaving her sword by the window was something she regretted a lot by now, she would definitely need it if she was going to attack the two.
As quickly as she could, Arya weighed her options and came up with a plan a little bit after that.

This time she made sure to be as quiet as possible, sneaking out of hiding and back toward the window.
She took her sword and then slowly started making her way to the two guards.
All of her attention was now focussed on Joe, the smarter and probably more dangerous one.
There was no doubt the Doctor would not approve of what she was about to do, but Arya would immediately stab her sword into the man's back where she learned the heart was.

In the meantime, the sphinx replied to the Doctor's request.

"There are many cures known to man, and even more sicknesses. If you speak of the illness affecting the creatures known as Shadows, death is the only cure known... at least, to most men."

After that, a thick grey mist oozed out of the statue's mouth.
The mist flew down to the ground, where it disappeared again after a few moments.
Sitting on the ground now, were three bundles of different types of poisonous plants.

The sphinx' stone eyes closed once again, and he fell silent.

//LoL, I'm not sure why we're tagging or quoting each other here. We're the only ones using the thread. But yeah, i'd definitely like to GM a game eventually and I for sure plan to. Maybe I will do it when Aki has to go serve the rest of his time to give everyone something to do. But either way, I'm waiting until at least December to gm a game. I'm too busy to do it any time soon. And I shall not fall victim to the curse! *pumps fist* I will survive! I have an rp I've been running for 3 years with a real life friend all because of my determined planning. I'm a determined rper! I will make a game that gets to the end if it kills me. XD And hopefully it won't... haha.//

The guards didn't look to where Arya was hiding and plotting, because for a moment they were both distracted by the silent bot. Donny knelt down by it and tapped on it, while Joe folded his arms and stood at a distance as he watched it.

"Do you think it's broken?" Donny asked.

Joe shrugged. "I'm not sure, but that is possible. I mean, it isn't talking and it's supposed to be in the town right now. For some reason it's here. When security gets here we should send it with a scientist to have it checked over."

Donny nodded. "Okay, good thinking, buddy."

As they talked, Arya finished her plan and sneaked behind Joe with the intent to kill him. The first one to notice Arya happened to be Donny, who gasped and pointed at the sneaky girl behind his companion. "Joe, behind you!"

But it was too late for Joe to react. Before he could even move, Arya drove her sword through his back and up through his heart, taking him out immediately.

"No, Joe!" cried the remaining guard, taking out his gun and clumsily taking a shot at Arya.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes, unpleased with the Sphinx's words. Yes, death was the only cure for now, but he was The Doctor and whether it took every breath in his body to do it or not, he was going to make that cure. Controlling the robot, The Doctor had it pick up the bundles of plants and roll back to his hiding place. He too the plants and began to examine them, faintly distracted by his examination by the sound of background noises he could hear from what Arya was doing coming from the little robot that was with her. What was going on with her?

//LoL, I'm not sure why we're tagging or quoting each other here. We're the only ones using the thread. But yeah, i'd definitely like to GM a game eventually and I for sure plan to. Maybe I will do it when Aki has to go serve the rest of his time to give everyone something to do. But either way, I'm waiting until at least December to gm a game. I'm too busy to do it any time soon. And I shall not fall victim to the curse! *pumps fist* I will survive! I have an rp I've been running for 3 years with a real life friend all because of my determined planning. I'm a determined rper! I will make a game that gets to the end if it kills me. XD And hopefully it won't... haha.//
The guards didn't look to where Arya was hiding and plotting, because for a moment they were both distracted by the silent bot. Donny knelt down by it and tapped on it, while Joe folded his arms and stood at a distance as he watched it.
"Do you think it's broken?" Donny asked.
Joe shrugged. "I'm not sure, but that is possible. I mean, it isn't talking and it's supposed to be in the town right now. For some reason it's here. When security gets here we should send it with a scientist to have it checked over."
Donny nodded. "Okay, good thinking, buddy."
As they talked, Arya finished her plan and sneaked behind Joe with the intent to kill him. The first one to notice Arya happened to be Donny, who gasped and pointed at the sneaky girl behind his companion. "Joe, behind you!"
But it was too late for Joe to react. Before he could even move, Arya drove her sword through his back and up through his heart, taking him out immediately.
"No, Joe!" cried the remaining guard, taking out his gun and clumsily taking a shot at Arya.
The Doctor narrowed his eyes, unpleased with the Sphinx's words. Yes, death was the only cure for now, but he was The Doctor and whether it took every breath in his body to do it or not, he was going to make that cure. Controlling the robot, The Doctor had it pick up the bundles of plants and roll back to his hiding place. He too the plants and began to examine them, faintly distracted by his examination by the sound of background noises he could hear from what Arya was doing coming from the little robot that was with her. What was going on with her?
Because Donny's shot had to be taken quickly, it was too clumsy to actually hit Arya but instead zipped past her. However, this was the first time in her life Arya had heard a gun fire, and damn was it loud. It took her completely by surprise, causing her to let out a quick scream, lose grip of her sword and stumble back, tripping over her own feet and falling on her rear. With wide eyes she laid there for a second, staring at the extremely loud weapon the man was holding.

If there was still time, Arya would have pulled herself together after a moment, getting herself up and running straight for the door leading outside. Assuming security hadn't arrived yet and Donny didn't have time to shoot her, she still knew she failed miserably. Arya couldn't imagne the Doctor being even slightly happy with what she did, killing a man and completely screwing up his plan. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." she would whisper to herself while running, knowing that now the entire facility would be after her.

// That second paragraph is just in case she has time, maybe her luck ran out when the bullet missed (:

//Security is still on it's way, but I'll give her a break in this reply. ;)

Donny's first shot missed Arya. He wasn't sure he wold be able to hit her again, but when he saw her suddenly stumble back and fall on her behind he decided that he might have another opening. Donny ran toward her with the gun, attempting another shot but again missing when she suddenly regained her senses and took off running.

"Get back here!" he cried, making chase after her. She was younger, and more agile than he was, so it was likely that she would escape him rather quickly.

Hearing the loud sound of the shot coming from his communication software, The Doctor's eyes widened. He took control of the little robot once more, realizing it wasn't at Arya's side. He made it follow after her from afar, and Donny didn't even notice it roll past him.

"Hey!" The Doctor called out to Arya, hoping he would hear her. "Doctor to Arya, Doctor to Arya, do you read me? What's going on over on your end? I heard gunshots."

Even when the Doctor called out to her, Arya just decided to keep running for her life until she found a decent place to hide. After about half a minute, she found herself standing close to the forcefield again, but the hole the Doctor made wasn't anywhere near. The little bot caught up to her, and that's when she realized that's where the voice was coming from. Unfamiliar with how the communication would work, she looked at the robot and just talked to it.

"Doctor...?" Upon getting a response from him, Arya sighed and continued. "I'm... I'm so sorry Doctor, things went wrong... It just..." She took another moment to catch her breath and calm down a little bit, also thinking about how she could tell him. She didn't want to make him mad at her, but also realized that he most likely would. "I...There were two guards... I tried to get past them, I thought I had a good plan but they saw through it, so I..." Arya cleared her throat.

"I made it inside, but they followed me, and then there was this horribly loud noise and a woman screaming 'INTRUDER ALERT', so I panicked... I tried to get out again but the guards followed me, so... I had to kill one of them..." She sighed again. Why did she have to be so stupid? So caught up in believing she could make it on her own, she never even thought about asking the Doctor for advice or help with the two guards. "I'm sorry." She added, speaking to the little robot.

@Joellie

Supplies in hand, The Doctor began to walk quickly with the little robot at his side, deciding it best to find a safe spot so he could go over the materials for the cure. He wouldn't be getting out anyhow until Arya could find the switch to turn off the invisible field around the town. He continued to listen to Arya speak, however, frowning when her voice sounded shaky and upset. Once her explanation was finished, The Doctor went very quiet.

In a stern voice he said, "That robot should still be following you. When it catches up to you, take the panel off its back. There should be a big green button behind the panel. Press it and then stop running. Surrender yourself to the guards and by the time they catch up to you, the robot will begin to admit a gas that will knock all of them out. Let me know once you've done it, and we'll go from there."

He was a little ticked off, and you could easily hear it in his voice. That old Gallifreyan man lived by a strict moral code. It was part of the code he had promised to keep when he took his name. He didn't like killing, and usually distanced himself from having friends or companions who did that. But right now, they were in danger, and he still cared for Arya to get to safety. He would guide her on her task and once it was complete, they could talk about what she did later. Now wasn't the time to make Arya any more anxious by scolding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.