Tattered Pages || Sansa Stark and VanillaCola

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
jZ5kNz2.jpg

Ryan smiled at Sansa's reaction to his story, though when she told him that he should consider running for office, he was taken aback. Her comments warmed him, and he could tell that she was being genuine with her compliments. Hearing someone put so much confidence in him was something that Ryan wasn't used to, and it caught him off-guard for a moment. When Sansa laughed, he did so with her. "Well, thank you. You certainly know how to build someone up. And if I did somehow end up running for office someday, I know I'd appreciate your vote." His 'great smile' returned, spreading across his lips. To say Ryan was in a good mood after hearing all of that from Sansa was an understatement.

When their meals arrived, Ryan thanked the waitress and took in the smell of the food. He agreed that the smell was delicious, though to be honest, he hadn't expected any less. "Let's hope it tastes just as good," he replied, waiting for his food to cool down. The last thing he wanted to do was look like a fool and bite into piping hot food.

Listening as Sansa explained where her interest in politics came from, Ryan couldn't help but be intrigued by everything she was saying. Even as her expression changed into one of sadness, he continued to be interested, taking in every word that she said. Her ambitions and motivations were refreshing. Not many young people nowadays had the desire to go so deeply into politics, but it seemed Sansa was different. She was even studying political science, a fact that caused Ryan's eyes to light up. Whilst she had told him a lot, he didn't mind at all, and in fact found it all very engaging. "In Parliament for thirty years – your father must have been popular to hold a position for so long. I'm sorry for your loss, it's never easy to lose those who are close to you. I'm just glad my parents are still around, though the thought of them...passing away isn't a very nice one."

Ryan decided to move the topic away from dead parents, focussing on the politics. "I think it's great that you have such big ambitions. There's something so good about seeing people from younger generations getting interested in politics. I'm sure you'd make a great Prime Minister, especially with the motivation to fix any and all corruption in government. That's a pretty hot topic nowadays. Maybe you could even sort out Congress whilst you're at it."

After giving his lasagne time to cool off, Ryan took his first bite, finding that it tasted even better than it smelled. A quiet moan escaped him, the sound unable to be suppressed, and he nodded slightly. "Even better than I thought it would be," he remarked before taking another bite. "How's the seafood? I won't ask for a taste, since I don't want to break out into a rash or start swelling up. I found out the hard way that I had a shellfish allergy – that was not a fun date." He laughed at the memory, though it was far from entertaining back when it had actually occurred. Smiling at the memory, Ryan continued to eat his meal, enjoying it far too much.​

CeRWneP.png

"I would love to sort out Congress," Sansa replied with a laugh, "but I could never be president. To "sort out" anything, it seems like that's the position one would have to take. Besides, I understand the machinations of Parliament much better, having grown up under its shadow. Both are interesting ideas, though. I'd never entertained the idea of being an American senator. I don't think the people would like that very much." Americans were so very difficult to please, after all. She'd followed the elections close enough, the few that she'd been alive for, and she'd reached the conclusion that Americans were more divided than the British when it came to what they wanted from government. Two parties? That would have to change. But Sansa kept her opinions to herself. She didn't want to offend him on their first date. "Thank you for the compliments, by the way. I really appreciate it. It's been a long road getting here, so your support really means something to me." Sansa flashed him a final smile before looking to her plate at last. She picked up her fork and took the first bite, and she found it was so delicious that she couldn't suppress a little moan either.

"Oh, God. This is wonderful," she said after she'd swallowed. "I pity your shellfish allergy. I love seafood. Theon, a friend of mine, runs a fishing company back home. He always sends me the best of his catches, he has for years." She took another bite and smiled. "I wonder if this is his. He just began shipping internationally and getting his name into the market, and his sister travels a lot to expand their business. Maybe I should ask. If it's not Greyjoy seafood, then this is a strong competitor."

Maybe I should drink a lot of water if Ryan plans to kiss me, thought Sansa suddenly. I'd hate for him to have a reaction because I ate seafood. The thought made her laugh a bit too loud, so she covered her mouth in attempt to quiet herself. "Sorry. It's just really good."

jZ5kNz2.jpg

"I'm sure you could win them over with your charm," Ryan said in response to Sansa's comment that the people wouldn't like her as an American senator. "No need to thank me, encouragement is always nice. You may have an even longer road ahead, but I trust you'll succeed no matter what you end up doing."

Ryan was glad that Sansa enjoyed the food. The restaurant hadn't let him down yet, and for that he was grateful. Listening as she spoke about her friend's fishing company, Ryan continued to eat, taking his time to finish his lovely meal. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was his. Considering the restaurant is supposed to be new, they may have helped your friend out by doing business with him and his sister, and gotten the best seafood out there at the same time." The talk of 'home' caused Ryan to wonder what had prompted Sansa to move to America. He assumed that she didn't want to speak too much about it, considering how she had deflected earlier questions about her past, and Ryan wouldn't force her to spill anything. But he couldn't help but ponder. Perhaps it had something to do with the death of her father? No point in thinking too hard – he wasn't going to turn this date into an interrogation.

The sound of laughter brought Ryan back down to earth, and he gave Sansa an amused grin as she covered her mouth. At her explanation, Ryan chuckled himself, shaking his head. "I don't think I've ever had food so good that it made me laugh out loud," he noted. "If it's that good, you're actually making me feel bad about not being able to try it myself." Finishing off his food, Ryan relaxed in his seat, a content smile playing on his lips. "That was criminally good. I am more than ready to see what their lemon cake is like." Just the thought of what it may be like had Ryan's mouth watering. The restaurant had impressed him so far, and he could only hope that it would continue.​

CeRWneP.png

And delicious, it was. By the time the unofficial couple had received their share of lemon cake, Sansa was bursting with excitement to try it. The hype paid off. Second only to her mother's recipe, Sansa rolled her eyes from the delicious taste and sweet tang of her favorite dessert. She explained to Ryan that lemon cake had always been her favorite, back from when she was a child. Her mother had even thrown her a lemon-themed birthday party when she was four. But being in Ryan's presence didn't make her sad to recall memories of her lost family. It made her happy, because she got to share the good things with a new listener, someone who never got to meet Ned and Catelyn Stark and mourn their loss. It was a way of taking her parents with her on this spontaneous date with an older man. Over thirty years old. Why does that make him more attractive?

The two shared more dialogue back and forth as the night went on. Sansa and Ryan had long since finished their servings of lemon cake, but they spent hours talking about nothing and everything, getting to know each other on the surface like it should be. She was more comfortable around him than she was previously, and she hoped he felt the same, just as relaxed and eased to be in the presence of someone with mutual interest in the other person. By the time eleven o'clock came, the restaurant owner personally came to Sansa and Ryan's table to ask them to leave, as they were the last ones there and the place was closing for the night. Sansa was embarrassed by that, but Ryan promptly paid and left with her, and the confrontation wasn't anywhere near unpleasant. She made sure to give her compliments to the owner for the food and atmosphere. God, how did I ever get lucky enough to go to a place like this? she thought as Ryan led her back to the car. She felt like a princess getting the royal treatment, but that was what Arya had called her after all, so perhaps Ryan was inclined to believe it. The thought made her grin.

Sansa entered the car after Ryan unlocked it and buckled her seatbelt quickly. "I had a lot of fun," she told him, a big, silly grin on her blushing face as she curled her hair behind her ear. "The food was amazing, but the company even moreso. Thank you, Ryan. Truly. It means more to me than you could ever know."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
jZ5kNz2.jpg

The date had been exceptional so far. Ryan had never felt so at ease with someone like he did with Sansa, and it only made the night so much better. The lemon cake was a nice bonus to their conversation, the perfection of it highlighting their relaxed talking. When the restaurant owner came over to ask the two of them to leave, it was the first time Ryan had realised how late it was. Had they really been talking for that long? Time had flown by, but he wasn't ready for the night to end yet. The price of the meal hadn't even caused him to wince, his dialogue with Sansa having put him in a mood where nothing could faze him. As he led her out of the restaurant and to his car, Ryan couldn't help but think about how wonderful this night had been, how brilliant Sansa was. Calling himself 'lucky' was an understatement. He felt as if he had just won the lottery five times over, but it felt even better than that. Ryan couldn't explain how he felt as he looked at Sansa and thought about the night that they had had. And hearing that she had enjoyed the night made him feel even better.

"I should be thanking you for agreeing to come with me," he replied, a wide grin on his face. "Your company has been invaluable." As he started up the car, an idea came to mind. Ryan wished he could keep this date going somehow, despite the rather late time. Looking at the night sky, he knew just the thing. "Could I take you somewhere?" He asked. "I just don't want this date to end, and I've had a good idea of where to continue it. The sky looks good tonight – a lot of stars out. There's a park not far from here, and it's got--" He cut himself off, chuckling quietly. "Well, I don't want to spoil it for you. May I take you there?"

With Sansa's permission, Ryan began to drive to the city park. The drive wasn't a long one, especially not with the road being clearer this late at night. He parked up nearby the gates of the park and led Sansa down the path. A few steps in and the lake was visible, the moonlight glimmering on its surface and causing it to glow like magic. The path merged closer to the sparkling body of water, and Ryan's breath was taken away. "I've always thought this place was perfect," he whispered, in awe of the nature surrounding them. "Turns out its even better at night." The park was almost-silent, so quiet it felt as if it was suspended in time. There was no one else around, just Sansa and Ryan, alone in a setting that had seemingly been born out of romance novel. "Do you want to do some star-gazing?" Ryan asked Sansa, smiling at the mere thought. "The stars are rather bright tonight. They must be trying to compete with you." Where has all of this romanticism come from? Ryan thought, surprising himself. Sansa had drawn out a part of him that he hadn't even known existed, and the revelation thrilled him beyond words.

Looking up at the night sky, Ryan was amazed by the world around him. It was as if Sansa had opened his eyes to something he hadn't seen before, a beauty in the unexpected. "I was about to suggest lying down near the lake," he began, gesturing toward the bank of grass between the path and the water. "But only if you're alright with dealing with grass stains tomorrow." He laughed, thinking about how little he cared about ruining his suit. To think, he had gotten all dressed up, and now he was considering lying down on the grass. This was a new sense of carefree joy, a feeling that Ryan was getting used to throughout this date.​

• Love
Reactions: moffnat
CeRWneP.png

Sansa was hesitant to agree. When Ryan mentioned taking her somewhere else, every instinct told her to refuse and demand that he take her home immediately. Not because of Ryan, but because of her past experiences. She would not be used or abused again. But with knowledge of who he was as a person and the memory of their long phone calls and a wonderful date, Sansa bypassed her fears and agreed to a walk in the park. It sounded romantic enough. And if it wasn't, Sansa knew enough self-defense to protect herself. Brienne was a good teacher.

But when the pair reached the lakeside park view, Sansa was stunned and ashamed to think anything other than what he'd promised. The natural beauty of the stars, moonlight and water combined left her almost speechless. She stared, mouth open and eyes alight, and the more she looked the larger her smile became. That feeling of butterflies made her stomach flip. It was just out a fairy tale, the kind she'd been read as a little girl. The kind she didn't think was real anymore. Yet here he was, a man nearly twice her age with money and success, offering her everything she'd been disenchanted by. Sansa was too smart to fall head over heels, but something long dead within her stirred. Hope. She could not refuse his offer to lay in the grass, nor did she want to.

"Grass stains can come out," she said, though the words came forth in a near choke. "Ah, sorry. I don't mean to get emotional." Sansa chuckled nervously and swallowed down the fire in her throat, the symbol of tears she was desperate not to shed. Even if nothing came of this night and he forgot her in the months to come, Sansa would never forget his kindness. It was proof that her fantasies as a little girl could become real after all.

The warm summer night left the grass a perfect temperature for laying on. Sansa sat down and pulled her knees to her chest, not comfortable to lay fully just yet, but relaxed enough to enjoy the soft breeze and positive company. She closed her eyes to focus, feeling alight and peaceful for the first time in years.

Not everything is as bad as it seems.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
jZ5kNz2.jpg

The look on Sansa's face as they strolled into the park was something so precious, something Ryan never thought could exist. He wanted that expression of awe and positivity to remain with her forever, and he was intent on stirring that feeling up within her again as soon as he could. When she choked out her words, it made him realise just how taken aback by all of this was. Had no one else done something so great for her? In his eyes, it was a simple gesture with magnificent results, but for Sansa to get so emotional...it was astonishing. "It's okay," he told her when she apologised for getting emotional. "You're human, you're allowed to have emotions." He chuckled with her, and agreed with her comment. Grass stains did come out, but a night like this was something that happened more sporadically.

Taking a seat down on the grass, Ryan waited for Sansa to join him, glad that she did. Everything was perfect about this moment, and he wished that he could float in that space forever, suspended in the beautiful situation. Looking out onto the lake, Ryan was left speechless by how picturesque it looked, how the moonlight seemed to be painted onto the midnight water, how the lake was so still. And then he looked up to the sky, saw the ethereal moon and the glistening stars. "It's magical, isn't it?" He said, going to lie back on the grass. "Like a fairy tale or a painting. But it's real – that's what makes it special." Looking at Sansa, Ryan smiled and reached for her hand, gently taking it in his own. This setting, the date, and all of the clear chemistry between them left him with the overwhelming urge to be brave and kiss her, but he didn't want to ruin what had been a great night. People kissed on the first date, didn't they? But with how anxious Sansa had been, Ryan was worried that such an act would cause her to recede back into her shell, leaving the two of them back on square one.

"Sansa," Ryan said, his own words struggling to come out. He was reluctant to speak, nervous about how this would go. He didn't want to ask to kiss her – that was just weird, wasn't it? But then he also didn't want to seemingly pounce on her, not that he would ever do that. Coming to rest on his elbows, Ryan soon realised that he had slowly leaned closer, his gaze focussed on Sansa, on her beautiful features. However, he stopped himself halfway. Ryan would wait for her. Nothing was ruining this night, and even if he had to wait for a long time, he would do so to ensure the comfort of Sansa.​

• Love
Reactions: moffnat
CeRWneP.png

Sansa turned to him when he said her name. It was so sweet, so innocent when he called her. She had a hard time believing he was real when he spoke to her like that, but there he was, unfading like her dreams had been. Sansa's heart fluttered when he took her hand. She laced her fingers with his and looked down at them, admiring the sight. How long had it been since someone held her hand like this? So sincerely? Sansa toyed with his fingers with her free hand and merely reveled in the innocent contact a moment. She knew it was the perfect time for a kiss. Anyone who loved romance movies and books as much as she used to could recognize the opportune moment, but...the idea of a kiss scared her. Still. Four years after she'd been abused, and Sansa still feared lips touching hers. Could she make an exception for Ryan?

Sansa looked over to him then. He was so earnest and caring when he looked at her, and it wasn't the first time she'd noticed. She was hesitant when she cupped his cheek. The stubble on his face felt scratchy against her hand in the best way, and she brushed her thumb along his bottom lip, a message of consent if ever there was one.

She met his eyes again. Sansa was too shy to kiss him with initiative, but if he pulled her in...

Perhaps it could be okay.​

jZ5kNz2.jpg

Looking down at his and Sansa's interlaced hands, Ryan smiled. He watched as she played with his fingers, and the pure, playful act took him away for a moment. Whether Sansa meant it or not, her actions were easing Ryan's nerves. No longer did it feel as difficult to kiss her, or get any closer. He could sense the hesitation as she cupped his cheek, though the fact that she was even doing that in the first place told Ryan that she was perhaps ready to go ahead with this. But Ryan remained still for now, gazing into her eyes. There was something mesmerising about Sansa, and as she brushed along his bottom lip, Ryan knew that he had gotten the permission that he had been seeking. He was enthralled by her in the best way, in a sweet and brilliant way.

One of Ryan's hands went to cup Sansa's cheek, mirroring her own gesture. Still staring into her eyes, he slowly closed the gap between them. He was as gentle as could be as his lips met Sansa's, Ryan parting them slightly as he began to realise just how long it had been since he had kissed someone in this way. For a moment, he was worried that he had forgotten how to kiss someone, but as his mouth met Sansa's, it flooded back to him. Ryan kissed her as best he could, proving his passion whilst also keeping it as tender as he could. Causing Sansa to feel uncomfortable was not what Ryan wanted, and so he took it easy, keeping calm and romantic for Sansa. This was their first kiss after all – he had to make it memorable for the right reasons. His lips lingered against Sansa's for a moment before he eventually pulled away, somewhat reluctant to do so. Ryan's fingertips ran along Sansa's cheek as his hand slipped away from her face, his eyes returning to her own. A smile worked its way onto his face, and he relaxed just slightly.

"I hope that was okay," he said, the nerves seeping into his voice. "It's been...a very long time since I've kissed anyone. I didn't want to go too overboard with it all. But I understand if it was...not what you expected." Finally looking away from Sansa, Ryan directed his gaze to the sky, taking in the stars once more. The scenery relaxed him more than he had thought was possible, taking his mind off of his own insecurities. "I wish I could stay here forever, with you," he told her, his voice quiet, as if he was afraid to disrupt the peace. "But I suppose another date will have to suffice." A chuckle escaped him as he looked back at Sansa. "That is, if you want to go out with me again sometime? Hopefully I may remember how to be a better kisser by then."

CeRWneP.png

He was always considerate. Always sweet. It seemed like Sansa was always wondering how it was possible for Ryan to be such a good person, a genuine man. They didn't exist, did they? Sansa had always loved the stories a little girl, but those were more innocent times before the world collapsed at her feet. Still, when Ryan's lips met hers, she forgot almost entirely about those insecurities. He pulled away too soon and left Sansa wanting more, wanting the comfort he'd given her and so quickly pulled away. She kept her eyes on him as he spoke words that were too sweet too early, but she didn't care. She cracked a smile and chuckled under her breath.

"I think you're a fine kisser," said Sansa, almost shyly. "And I'd love to go out with you again. But, while we have time, I would...I mean, I wouldn't mind if you wanted to practice some more...?" Her cheeks flushed, but she meant what she'd said. Her fingertips traced his jawline and she met his gaze hopefully.​

jZ5kNz2.jpg

Ryan caught the way Sansa smiled and chuckled under her breath. It prompted him to smile as well, put at ease due to the laidback nature of her actions. The smallest of things that Sansa did could quell any nerves that Ryan had, and for that he was thankful. Her shy compliment had him grinning, and he was more than pleased to hear that she would love to go out with him again. If they could have more dates as perfect as this one, then he was looking forward to the future a lot more than he had before. Ryan met Sansa's gaze as she continued to speak, her words trailing off and wandering as her cheeks flushed. There was something cute about how shy she was being, and Ryan couldn't help but find it all endearing.

"Of course I don't mind," he replied. The feel of Sansa's fingertips on his jaw was intoxicating, though he stayed calm as he stared back at her. He saw hope in her eyes, and it left him slightly breathless. "Practising could do me some good." With less hesitation than before, Ryan leaned in and kissed Sansa, pushing her head back just slightly with the force of his lips against her own. He kept himself under control, not wanting to scare her away by being too passionate. With the first kiss out of the way, Ryan's anxiety had melted away, leaving only the heat of the moment. Though he was careful not to harm Sansa in any way. They may not have known each other for long, but he had picked up on how intimacy and personal affairs was something she was seemingly concerned about, and there was no chance of Ryan ever wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. His lips lingered on hers for longer than before, until he slowly broke away and looked her in the eyes, still close to her.

"Feel free to make a move if you want, I know I'm useless at it," he said, letting out a low chuckle. "I just...don't want to make you feel awkward, and I don't want to make this awkward..." Ryan trailed off before leaning back, noticing the lack of personal space between them. He didn't mind too much, but he was more concerned about Sansa minding than himself. Looking down at his watch, his eyebrows rising up slightly. "What time did you say you'd be home by?" He asked, looking over at Sansa. "I hate to be a killjoy, but I'd also hate for your house to burn down because your siblings got out of control." Smiling, Ryan looked out to the lake. "This place feels almost too brilliant to leave, but I understand that we can't be here forever, as good as that sounds."

Status
Not open for further replies.