1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern/realistic. Low fantasy. Low Scifi. Supernatural. Future Dystopia (not post-apoc).
What are your favorite board games? P&P RPGs? RPCGs? Card games? etc.

Pretty much any game without the "video" prefix. Are you a "traditional gamer" (I don't think that's actually a thing but I call it that)?

I had a game night every week and had some neighbors come over to play table top games. My personal favorite game is Settlers of Catan (original, I know), but I think the game my group liked best was a tie between Gloom and Loonacy, both card games.

I don't have a huge game collection but I have more than everyone I know in person. . .

I think table top games are seeing a resurgence now since multi-player video games have lost the ability to be played in the same home (e.g. split screen). [Table top] Gaming is more social.

Anyway. Talk about anything related to games! =]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Scrabble and Snakes and Ladders are something I've played since I was a kid.

I'm going to add Carrom Board in here... since it's got 'board' right there in the name.

Reactions: Vardoger and Dipper
Forbidden Island and Clue. Clue is a classic I will never stop playing, and Forbidden Island is stupid fun with the right people.

Carrom Board
I had to look this up and 1. I am ashamed to have never heard of it before and 2. Wow that looks fun. I'm going to have to see about getting one some time.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Chess is a big one for me. Other than that... Phase 10 (haven't played it in a while tho.)
One game that I'd like to play more That I have is shadows over Camelot. However, the only people there are to commonly play are my parents, and both would be needed in order to play because it's an atleast 3 player game.
although.... Table top simulator might have it, making it easier to play with people.

Reactions: Vardoger
I had to look this up and 1. I am ashamed to have never heard of it before and 2. Wow that looks fun. I'm going to have to see about getting one some time.
It's super fun to play, especially with a group of people! I hope you find one :D

Frequent Board/Card Games I find myself playing with friends are Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Battlestar Galactica and Cards Against Humanity.

Then as far as tabletop RPGs are concerned? There's D&D 3.5, 4th and 5th, Pathfinder and Star Wars D6.
I've played other systems than those, but those are the one's that's lasted for longer than a month.

Well, there's technically my own game system I'm currently developing, that's been a thing for 8 months now.

Forbidden Island and Clue. Clue is a classic I will never stop playing, and Forbidden Island is stupid fun with the right people.
If you like FI, check out Forbidden Desert. Same concept, renewed mechanics, overall fantastic gameplay.

On the rest of my list we have
- Dominion
With the base set and Prosperity.
- Augustus
- 7 Wonders
- Ticket to Ride Europe
- Forbidden Island/Desert

Reactions: Vardoger and Dipper
I have very little experience with tabletop/traditional games, honestly. I'm having a hard time coming up with an answer. 6_6 Obviously there's Uno (which you know I'm not great at, lol) and I sort of attempted chess in high school. I've played Settlers of Catan once, in a very non-serious setting. I think I had a dislike for board games as a kid, now that I am thinking about it.

As far as tabletop, I've really only played a Fallout-based P&P. There have been two storylines that we've done so far--one we had to give up due to the GM and my sister-in-law separating/divorcing and the other we haven't done since...shoot, October of last year? Anyway, it's the same GM, but kind of different players. Our current story has us in a Scooby-doo-esque setup. I'm the Daphne, my husband is the (intelligence of 1) Fred, my other sister-in-law is the (hot) Velma, her friend is the (intelligence of 9, charisma of 1) Shaggy, and the GM's older brother is our Scooby-doo.

I'd thought of attempting an online P&P game, like where everyone is on a Skype call or something. The biggest problem is finding something for my daughter to do, and if I could play from home, that'd eliminate most of the problem. Plus, I really wanted to play with a friend that lived a few states away. It never really panned out, and my friend who I'd been planning it with sort of dropped off the face of the earth, though. We were kind of leaning toward a low sci-f/fantasy game, and I had been researching Shadowrun.

Mexican Train Dominos and Sentinels of the Multiverse are my two big games. But I also like Boss Monster...which is an 8-bit side scrolling dungon-building card game.

@LunaValentine I have Boss Monster. I thought it was a bit complicated to learn at first but after it clicked, it seemed so easy! And it is pretty fun. =]

@Vardoger I like it. It's just a pain to find expansions for. I've got 1 and 2 but not the mini expansion.

But I also like Boss Monster...which is an 8-bit side scrolling dungon-building card game.
I remember this one! XD

I intend to grab it at some point cause it's way too much fun for how simple it is.

Games I enjoy: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, Pathfinder, Shadowrun and World of Darkness.

3.5 is the first tabletop RPG I ever played and still has replay value. Pathfinder is fun for what it is, even though it differentiates in ways that I don't always appreciate from 3.5. Shadowrun is terrible and amazing at the same time. Just try finishing a campaign. As for WoD? I'll admit that I don't have a ton of experience in it like I do D&D, but when I did play it I had a fucking blast.

Games I actually play: M:tG and D&D 5e.

I grew tired of Magic years ago, but there's still a ton of interest in my friend group. And 5e is like 4e for dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.