Suddenly, bionic cats, thousands of 'em...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by MurderDeathKill, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Or just 1...

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

For those who don't know why this is significant: this is a new type of prosthetic called "Itaps" (intraosseous transcutaneous amputation prosthetics) that actually anchors the prosthetic limb in the bone, using a specially made porus titanium alloy that allows the skin itself to actually grow into the metal (like antlers on a deer), creating a natural seal and preventing infections from happening. This is the 2nd time this was done with an entire limb replaced (this was done before on fingers), the first time being a British lady who also had the procedure done on her arm back in '07 but FUCK THAT BIONIC KITTIES WITH THE POWER OF SCIENCE.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  2. That is seriously awesome!
  3. I'm still waiting on bionic dicks.
  4. John

He knelt down on the roof across the street, making sure there was no one looking from the street before he jumped over the gap and landed silently next to Blair.
  5. George Jetson says: Bionic dogs are better.
  6. C O M M U N I C A T I O N S

>>>Accessing Crew Database

>>>Opening Crew Member File #006

Crew Member
    Full name: Anamari Lindara
    Alias/Nicknames: Ana
    Species/Race/Breed: Tassi
    Birth Date: 20th of February
    Last Known Residence: Communications Sector, Leuck
    Crew Position: Communications Officer
    Allegiance/Alignment/Clan(s): None

Visual Identification
    Height: 5'11''
    Weight: 145 lbs.
    Build: Toned
    Eye Color: Florescent Silver
    Hair Color: White
    Skin Tone/Color: White
    Image of Anamari

Sexuality/Preference: Asexual
    Allies: None
    Enemies: None
    Dislikes: EMPs, "Traditional" methods of communication, Snakes, and Hackers that aren't herself
    Hobbies: Hacking, Creating Puzzles for herself to solve, Playing with her cybernetics, and tricking others.
    Personality: Anamari described herself as a "fundamental, independent woman". She seems to have the disposition of someone who is almost always pissed off and dislikes being asked questions or bothered when she is seemingly busy. She does activities by herself frequently. Anamari seems agitated by the presence of other people and does not seem keen on interaction unless it is for her work, which can vary from simple communications to another officer or finding a way to disable enemy communications. Anamari does not care much for trust. She goes where the money is or she goes where better connections can be made. "I will betray anyone who doesn't give me what I want."

>>>Combat Details

► Weapons: Anamari has two gauntlets on her arms that act as energy shields for incoming bullets. Anamari carries an automatic energy-based assault rifle, which she uses for offense.
    ► Combat Attire: Her combat attire is her normal attire, which is normally a lab coat, a pair of shorts, and a white tank top.
    ► Accessories/Miscellaneous: Anamari has a set of flashbang grenades to blind enemies and a set of EMP grenades, given that she might have to destroy her station if the ship is invaded.

Fighting Style
    ➣ [General/Preferred Style]: Anamari is a highly defensive fighter. Mostly because she doesn't fight. She uses her shields to deflect bullets and provide cover for herself. Then she waits for an opportune moment to attack and obliterates her opponent.
    ➣ [Weapon of Choice]: Automatic energy-based assault rifle [Must be recharged after being used endlessly for 5 minutes.]
    ➣ [Special Abilities/Affinities]: Deception - Anamari does not usually get into fights for the sole reason that she tricks opponents before they have the chance to decimate her with their attacks. Her psionic abilities help with her ability to set opponents off balance.

Psionic Path
    Path of The Dreamer:
    ☆ Heighten Emotion: When a target is in an emotional state, Anamari may take advantage of this and push them further into the threshold of that emotion. (Ex. An ally is angry because another ally was killed. Anamari uses this anger to turn into rage, causing them to move faster and deal more damage when using melee attacks.)
    ☆ Disguise Self: Allows the user to change their form into that of something they are not. What they change into must be something they've seen before. If it is from a photo, the disguise is only completed for what parts have been seen in the photo. This change can only occur for one hour before it is destroyed.

Relationship Status: Single.
    Family: Estranged Mother and Father
    Known Languages: Taasi Standard, Galactic Standard, Auroun Standard, and Zydrosi Standard.
    Personal History/Background: Anamari's background follows a peculiar pattern. It seems that her family runs some sort of trading coalition with many of the others planets/civilizations within the universe. However, it is wondered why she has not partaken in this particular venture of her parents. She does not seem to be opposed to the idea of running some sort of business, but yet, they have not posed any positions of power to her or even offered her a job in the slightest. When she was younger, it seemed that she was trained to be a sly salesman of sorts and her psionic powers were curved toward deception as s result of this. Her parents were not home very much to greet her or otherwise socialize with her. This may explain why her attitude is so nonchalant and uncaring. But the most peculiar part is yet to come.

For the middle years of her life, there is a blank space of sorts in official documents. Between the years of 15 to 20, her life went completely unobserved. No movement in her house, no people moving in and out. Nothing. Why, you may ask? Well... Frankly, those of us who are conducting this file have no idea. She tells us that she trained for those five years, but we wonder whether that is the truth or not. If she was training, would it not be customary to have someone go outside to get food for you, or to get some sun every once in a while? It is wondered by those of us whether she would be fit to run on a ship with such a strange record such as this.

However, her skills are not doubted. Once she emerged from this period of seeming invisibility, she came out a new woman. She was equipped with technology in hand and knew how to use it well. She had showed off her skills of communication with some of the galactic ships who were... Less then convinced she was as skilled as she said. She had no reputation for space travel, thus these ships had no intention of bringing her along on these expeditions. Until her parents sent someone for her to work for. She traveled with that ship for 5 years before retiring from it. She had determined she had learned all she could from that ship, and she felt she was ready for a commanding position on another ship. And that is why she is now here with us.
  7. Cyrus

I am relieved to see there is at least some trace of a smile on her face when I give her some comfort. I am glad I can help you my little Penny Benny.

Penelope does eventually let us go and I stuff my hands into my pockets as my eyes glide over to the two girls. I can feel my heart swell with love for the both of them. I would do anything to make sure they were happy and well. Anything.

"Penny if it makes you feel any better people always know when I have a crush." I blush slightly "I mean...that's not a bad thing. It's not. It just means we can observe what you are feeling and assist you when you need it. Crushes are mushy and gross things, but they are also wonderful and hurting. I understand the pain you must feel Pen. And I need you to know something. Helen loves you so much. It may not be romantic but she does. I can see it in her eyes. How much you mean to her. You are her safe space and I think you always will be." I bite my lip then notice what Nellie had found. Is that...blood? My heart sinks. "P-Penny?" I ask uncertainly, swallowing the nervousness down my throat. Oh God. Please don't tell me she hurt herself.
  8. Location: The Pyrrhus - Bridge /// Mood: Somewhat anxious

There is nothing enjoyable about cryosleep; a stingy means to cut costs of long voyages through deep space where few to no encounters are to be expected. Johannes was up and about before others as it provided him the opportunity to check over crucial systems of the Pyrrhus to ensure that not only were they still on course and schedule, but that everything was in order for the mass awakening. At least his seat on the bridge was a commodity that the GTG hadn't skimped out on; a fact which the pilot joyously allowed himself to enjoy by sinking into the plush cushion since there were no prying eyes at the moment.

Thankfully, when one had implanted cybernetics, both internal and external, waking up from cryo was a relatively painless process. His neural processor helped to ease any cognitive disorientation, while his enhanced limbs could carry him around while the rest of his body caught up. In his lap, line after line of diagnostic code scrolled by on the screen of his personal tablet as each system ticked off as satisfactory. The Pyrrhus was an acceptable vessel, at least for their current mission. He had flown far worse crafts on expeditions he had no right to live through, but then again, one could never predict every outcome of a trip; with psionics, even that was difficult to say with certainty.

With the diagnostic report complete, Johannes brought his command station online and with a few taps across the holographic display, across scrolled the crew manifest and location of all individuals. Musing quietly to himself at the information, everyone seemed to be coming to and making their way about the craft. They had plenty of time to do a meet and greet with one another as the first planet was well out of range, and most of the crew--to his knowledge anyways--had not met one another prior, unless one wanted to count a brief glance or two while undergoing cryostasis.

His tablet powered down, Johannes slid the device back into the satchel at his hip and straightened his posture in his chair. The chief of engineering would likely wish to perform a round of physical inspections on the more vital systems before the operation truly began. That said, seeing as he was just now being stimulated from cryo, it did not seem a matter that would be attended to in any near prospect; not that it mattered too much, as they all still had a week to go until their first stop.

While he could have trudged down to the mess hall for small talk, the pilot instead chose to raise the blinders to the bridge and let the distant star illuminate the once darkened room, lit before only by the dim blue hue of panel lights. He preferred the company of the ship console to other people. The circuits didn't lie or try to manipulate unless forced to by an outside influence, and Johannes could read them and command them flawlessly. Whereas interactions with his fellows were usually less than satisfying, following his capture, anyways.

Outstretching his arms Johannes's advanced oculars peered over every inch of his military grade augments, a bonus that was given preceding discharge. Sleek black plating with slightly off colored synthetic muscle layered underneath, he watched for the reaction down to the millisecond as he clenched each digit and rotated his wrists. Seamlessly, he slid the display in front of him to the side and thrust out his right arm as it split open at the forearm to allow his sheathed blade to punch out. "This is going to be a long fucking week." He groaned retracting the weapon and leaning back in his chair, bringing the crew manifest back to view and looking at the profiles.

Interactions: No one as of yet
  9. this Paoru outside of insanity?
  10. I like this development.
  11. I need to beat your daily post rating.

Although - srsly, cybernetics for animals? How about enhancements for humans first >:I