CLOSED SIGNUPS Strangers: The Hunt

Ms.Ezra

Innkeeper of The Enchanted Suites
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.


[Opening riffs]

Anne on the deck of a ship fighting other pirates, falling overboard

Yuzuki resting against a tree in a cold forest

Benji in combat with unseen enemies

Houdini being set in his coffin

Leonidas facing down a Persian army from both sides

Burton lying down, weary for possibly a final time

Grimm stabbing at a large bear coming down on him.


[When darkness falls, may it be]

Shots of all closing their eyes


[That we should see the light]

All of them opening their eyes to a new world.

[When reaper calls, may it be]

Anne and Yuzuki crossing swords

[That we walk straight and right]

A village of Barbin stop them from fighting, Albert looking on in shock


[When doubt returns, may it be]

A quick overview of Jim Morrison’s camp

[That faith shall permeate our scars]

Joan being engulfed in flames

[When we're seduced, then may it be]

Albert killing someone using magic

[That we not deviate our cause]

Yuzuki pulling herself from the river


[All sinners, a future]

Joan standing before a burning wagon, the same flames engulfing it that engulfed her

[All saints, a past]

Benjie looking through his scope at Jim’s village

[Beginning, the ending]

Anne jumping upon Benji from behind, putting him in a chokehold.

[Return to ash]

Jim’s camp is engulfed in flames, people panic.

[Now that we're dead, my dear]

Joan, Hizashi, and James Dean come through flames in a menacing manner. Albert joins them.

[We can be together]

Anne, Yuzuki, Benji, Grimm, Leonidas, Houdini and Burton stand defiantly.

[Now that we're dead, my dear]

[We can live, we can live forever]


The group charges at each other and fight, Houdini protected by Anne and Yuzuki.

[When all is pain, may it be]

Both sides are wounded by the other.

[It's all we've ever known]

The warriors and soldiers are unfazed by the pain.

[When flame consumes, may it be]

Joan unleashes a torrent of flames to engulf the group.

[It warms our dying bones]

Jim jumps in, protecting them from the flames with a wave of his hand.


[When loss has won, may it be]

Hitler steps into the fray with an army behind him, ready to snap his fingers and end the battle.

[It's you I'm madly fighting for]

The Good Strangers look at each other, nod they will keep fighting

[When kingdom comes, may it be]

An army of light comes up behind the Good Strangers as they charge again.

[We walk right through that open door]

The two armies clash. Darkness and light overcome the Strangers.


[Return to ashes, shed this skin]

[Beyond the black, we rise again]


Joan of Arc and James Dean emerge engulfed in white light to join the Good Strangers against Hitler’s army.

[We shall live forever]

The assembled Strangers, good and bad, stand beneath a banner reading STRANGERS.

Three days have passed for all who set out from the fort on the opposite edge of Gatecia in separate wagons on different paths.

Concurrent with this journey, the Unity Games of Gatecia and Linia have commenced in York even with the tragic bombings occuring only days before. This means little to the three wagons besides them encountering more traffic around York as spectators flock to the city to witness the games live rather than hear of the results days after the fact.

The seperate wagons converge roughly an hour away from their destination, with Anne taking the lead to guide the caravan from that point on with a bottle of alcohol in hand.

Said caravan climbs a hill on a winding as it follows a river until reaching the valley between the peaks of two mountain ranges. It then follows that river until Anne holds up a bottle of whiskey and yells “HALT!”

Anne jumps, unsteadily, from her wagon to the ground and declares “Ahoy! This be where Jim made his camp!” She gestures at the general area wildly facing the caravan. It should be evident to anyone that Anne has had much more to drink than usual, as she is actually swaying like a willow as she says all this.

The area in question has been cleared fairly thoroughly, but a keen eye such as those possessed by Grimm and Genessa would be able to identify where there had been cooking fires, and where there had been fire larger than necessary, and the faintest footprints in the soft dirt. Looking further out from the camp site, they would find the track marks of horse drawn transports coming to and from the area.

Genessa jumps from the wagon she had shared with Grimm, Burton, and Leonidas wearing a set of light leather armor with chainmail beneath, eyes to the ground and scanning carefully.

Leonidas follows in her steps with iron spear ready. He is also clad in leather armor, though less to allow him even more freedom of movement than Genessa.

“Did this camp have beasts of burden? Pets?” Genessa asks her first question.

“Besides the two unicorns? None I could see.” Anne answers.

“Then these small paw prints we can rule out as small predators coming for a drink of water.” Genessa uses her foot to wipe the prints from the ground as she goes along. She spies a set of larger paw prints away from the river, and kneels down to examine them.

“Were there Griffins here?” She asks.

“Ah, yes. They came swooping in on those beasts.” Anne explains.

“So they have a flock of Griffins? That is...concerning, but a possible lead. Those are not something just anyone could procure."

Gands Gands Nomad-22 Nomad-22 Camleen Camleen
Dunruffle Dunruffle
 
Last edited:

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
During the 3 day trip, Yuzuki had mostly kept to herself. In her mind, she was now ‘on the job’. Meaning she was on guard, watching for any possible threats to her part of the caravan. Astride her unicorn partner, Niji, she has kept herself towards the lead of the group. If there is danger coming from on head, she wants to be the first to be aware of it.

Her dark blue kimono has been repaired for the most part, at least enough that it no longer looks as shabby as it did. Her long and dark hair is tied back into a ponytail. Her eyes are constantly scanning along her perimeter. Others may have been having conversations, or getting to know one another or just being pleasant towards each other.. but Yuzuki is all business.

As the caravan follows the river, Yuzuki starts to really recognize the area. This is the area she had been forced to retreat towards when Jim’s camp was raided by Hitler’s forces. Niji had pulled her injured form from that river, and together they retreated. After a few small adventures (which she hasn’t spoken to anyone of as yet), they found their way to the King… and he took them to Gatecia.

And the caravan breaks the treeline, and they face what is left of the camp used by Jim and his people. Yuzuki makes a soft clicking sound with her tongue and lightly taps Niji’s sides with her heels. The unicorn lets out a soft grunting sound and goes into a light gallop, moving ahead of the group. Anne disembarks from her wagon… rather unceremoniously… as Yuzuki passes her. She looks towards Anne, concern in her eyes. “Anne… please be careful…” she says softly, disappointment in her tone.

The samurai now slides from her saddle, and Niji trots in a little circle as she does so. She holds one of her sword scabbards in her hand, the other still tied to Niji’s saddle. She moves in a fast walk along the interior of the camp, her eyes scanning for anything that could be dangerous. Genessa disembarks then, and Yuzuki speaks as she looks into the treeline. “We’ll make sure we are alone here.” She then looks directly towards Benjie, motioning to him as she smiles a little. She seems to trust that Benjie would be able to spot any dangers out there… she trusts the skills he has shown thus far.

It’s odd, isn’t it? A few days ago, the samurai and the guerilla seemed at odds. Enough to come to blows… maybe fatally so. But now… their demeanor seems to have changed towards one another. They aren’t exactly best pals, they’re not to the point of sending one another Christmas cards yet… but there is the start of a real connection there.

Besides, Yuzuki doesn’t know what Christmas is. So there’s that.

She walks along the edge of the camp, allowing the others to handle the analytics of further planning. She is here to keep them safe… and to get a little justice done. But Niji seems… a little nervous. She trots in a wide circle, her head whipping up and down as she lets out loud snorting noises. This place was the last place she had seen her mother, before beginning her adventuring with Yuzuki and the others. And this is also the last place she had seen griffins. Every few minutes she would gallop towards Anne, and then away from her suddenly. Well not Anne, persay. But Anne's 'partner', Fergus. Perhaps communicating to the bird how she feels, how nervous she was here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gands

Dunruffle

Poltergeist Who Loves Oreos
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
passive
Favorite Genres
fantasy, sci-fi
Grimm was back in his leather armor, still determined to outlast the heat through sheer stubbornness. Once they arrived at the old campsite, Grimm disembarked the wagon with crossbow in hand. Passing by Anne, Grimm rolled his eyes at the pirate's drunken antics and began inspecting the area. He still did not exactly understand the reason for Anne to be drunk almost all the time, but since everyone appeared to tolerate it Grimm kept his thoughts to himself. Listening to the conversations going on, Grimm looked at the Griffon tracks and nodded. From what he had been told, Grimm only knew that griffons were predators with the ability to fly. Watching Yuzuki out of the corner of his eye, Grimm frowned as she called out to Benji. It confused Grimm that the two were now almost cordial with each other when a few days ago Benji could barely tolerate being in the same room as the samurai woman. Growing slightly bored with investigating, Grimm walked over to the edge of the campsite and began climbing a tall tree. His reasoning being that having a high vantage point would help spot any clues, and that it would keep him occupied instead of walking around aimlessly.
 
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands

Nomad-22

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Morning when I wake up and half of the afternoon before I go to work. Then come back in the evening.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, and Historical
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Yaoi, Furry, and Erotical
Benjie disembarked from the second wagon shortly after the more than drunken Anne. He had to suppress a grin while walking past the pirate. I bet Anne can outdrink anyone here. By this point the sergeant really believed so, considering all the time spent in the Irish woman’s company for many days now.

Wearing his new dark green hooded grab Ben held a crossbow in both arms while surveying the scene before him. Not too long ago when thrown into this new world Benjie had came upon the former camp. Feels like ages now. He silently admitted to himself, much has happened since then.

Upon examination of the site the resistance fighter concluded whoever did the clean up are experts in that field. No bodies or any abandoned items left behind. The sights he can tell that someone lived were some charred wood and large scorched marks along faint foot and thin lines left by carriages. Hearing Yuzuki speak about checking out the tree line Benjie looked up in her direction. When she nodded and slightly smiled he returned former gesture but nothing more.

Earlier days back at the fort the sergeant had verbally lashed out at Yuzuki. That lead to a subsequent confrontation that he had been sure would’ve lead to bloodshed between them. Instead the samurai began a discussion surprising him. They were able to reach a form of understanding with one another. Ben won’t say they’re friends now but, the term allies was more accurate. The thought caused him to shake his head in mild disbelief as the two began their patrol into the woods. Nearby Grimm was climbing up a tree no doubt to get a better look from above.

Ben’s respect for the proud hunter grew. Someone like Grimm was truly home to the wilderness. In the back of his mind he briefly wondered how the blunt huntsman would fare in the jungles of Luzon. Swiftly Benjie returned attention to the task at hand, following next to Yuzuki on the left side. Experience with countless patrols back on Earth the sergeant scanned his eyes carefully at the foliage they advanced through.

Unlike the last time they were here, he did not intend to be taken off guard so easily.
 

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Houdini

Harry and Burton switched carts. Both thought it a fine idea to get to know different people better.

Thus Harry ended up in Genessa's cart. As Hary is very much a people person, this was very pleasant indexed for the famous stage magician.

Those on that cart would get to know a Harry that is mostly a happy soul with a slight underlying sadness or melancholy.

Upon arriving at the site, Harry gets out of the cart wearing a surprisingly comfortable set of clothes that seemed out of an illustration for the middle ages.

He lets Genessa and Anne know what he is doing in a soft voice.

"I will be looking for any traces of magic or powers"

He then sets about doing just that. He isn't paying much attention to his surroundings. So, he wouldn't eaily notice hidden enemies unless the might be using magic or powers.
 

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Burton

The old explorer rode in Anne's cart. He was suprisingly tolerant of Anne's low brow personality. If she were tolerant of his stories they would get along well.

At this point he is more comfortable with his new blade and nearly brushed up enough with his sword arts to be happy with them. In the few days at the fort, he had practiced the sword with anyone who would put up with him.

Upon arrival at the former camp, he goes to find Genessa discussing with her, where exact to place this camp on the map and begins to study the surroundings. He looks at the surroundings enough to orient his map.

He starts to strategize.
 

Ms.Ezra

Innkeeper of The Enchanted Suites
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
Fergus the bird flutters over to sit atop Niji's head to offer some assuring chirps before Anne whistles to send him off on a reconnaissance flight around the area. The little bird could go farther and be more covert than any of them could hope, being a native bird that nobody would think twice about seeing. Anne meanwhile plops down on the ground and nurses the remainder of her whiskey while awaiting the return of her bird; humming a little nonsense tune to herself. Her attention drifts over to the river in time, and her eyes get this lost look to them watching the river flow.

As Yuzuki and Benji progress outward they find two groups of dirt mounds. One is a cluster of mounds with small trinkets weighed down by stones; handmade grass necklaces; tunics; flowers. The other cluster have none of these; only some have sets of leather armor and a few with crossbows or short simple iron swords stuck in the dirt.

Harry examines the former camp area itself and sees not only the spots of scorched earth where fire had been directed, not set and let loose; but also the magic which conjured and directed these flames as a foggy haze that has been lingering. He also finds more grim mementos in the form of human-shaped burns in the ground, a dozen at least and drag marks from them in the direction of the mounds.

"These people, and no offense meant in saying this, did not choose their camp well." Genessa says to Burton when he comes to her about setting up their camp. "A better position would be that hill." She points out a hill some ways off from their position that would afford a view of the camp. "Always take the high ground."

Meanwhile. Grimm climbs the tree and finds some deep gouges in the bark as he goes, some deep enough to have sap seeping out. Several feet up, he sees a large hole in the tree. From that hole pops the head of what looks like a rust-colored hen.The hen looks down at him and produces a shrill squawk that sounds more reptilian than avian, and flaps her wings.

There is suddenly a loud fluttering of wings and a louder, brassier "CAWWW!" as the hen's rooster comes flying down from a higher branch down upon Grimm talons first.
 
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands and Nomad-22

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
Niji seems to be a bit more relaxed with Fergus’ ‘assurances’, but she is still nervous being here. Griffins are much higher on the food chain than unicorns are. And it’s that survival instinct that keeps her from relaxing more. But she does feel she is at least safer now than they were before. The unicorn would trot towards the edge of the treeline, looking out into the forest with her ears perked up. She just stands motionless, her dark eyes wide. It’s as if she would be looking for something.

Of course Yuzuki notes how nervous the unicorn is… indeed she feels nearly as nervous. But clearly can handle it better than the younger creature.

And as she and Benjie find the mounds of dirt… Yuzuki finds herself a bit taken aback. During the battle here she was cast away, she had separated from the others. She had fled along her own path. She knew there was loss here, but she did not wish to ask of it, or the fates of the others. But these mounds… these graves and memorials… speak to her of the reality of the situation. Silently she stands, staring at the mounds of dirt. A small step forward, and she then kneels. Sitting on her knees, her hands fold in her lap. Her upper body bows forward halfway as she closes her eyes in silent respect. And perhaps prayer. To her, these graves are a reflection of her failure to protect these people. Just as she had failed those of the Barbin village. She remains bowing forward, and her voice then comes in a soft tone.

“We first exchanged a few rapid blows. Then, still on horseback, closed to grapple, fell, and wrestled on, upon the wave-washed strand. But you bested me, and I was slain. Now karma brings us face to face again. 'You are my foe!' Atsumori shouts, lifting his sword to strike; but Kumagai, with kindness has repaid old enmity, calling the Name to give the spirit peace. They at last shall be reborn together upon one lotus throne in paradise. Rensho, you were no enemy of mine. Pray for me, pray for my release. Pray for me, pray for my release.”


Falling silent, she pushes herself to her feet. Yuzuki brushes off her kimono, her dark eyes cast in the direction of the hill Genessa makes note of. To Benjie she then says softly “Lieutenant Delfino… please stay with the group. Keep them safe.” She nods to him with a small smile, and then walks closer to Genessa. Her eyes move back towards that hill as she speaks. “These people did not come here to form a military camp. This place was a refuge. So no matter where they raised tents, that was the right place for them.” Towards Genessa, and then Anne, she looks as she continues. “But I agree that hill is a good vantage point. I will scout it, ensure no one remains to watch us.” She then half bows and turns, walking quickly into the treeline.

She can travel faster alone in the dense forest, and she knows she could use a little bit of time with her own thoughts. Niji is very fast, but she would be greatly hindered in this foliage. A few minutes later, from the camp they would see Yuzuki in the distance, making her way up the hill swiftly. And as she gets near the top, her nose wrinkles as she grasps the handle of her katana. A sickening smell comes then, a familiar one. Her first thought… there is a body up here. She draws her blade from its sheathe as she moves farther along the hill, her sword held down and at her side. She moves with caution now, her eyes scanning the grass. And it takes only a moment or so to spot something out of place. A pack… a bag. Slowly approaching it, she looks around slowly as she frowns. There are subtle imprints along the ground. Someone not trained in tracking might miss them. Boot prints… and hoof prints. She doesn’t remember any horses… there perhaps were some in camp, but she can’t remember. So perhaps it was Niji that was up here? Did Niji encounter someone, and that someone fled and left this bag here? Or was it perhaps a wild horse? The profile of the hoof prints are not narrow, spaced apart. So that leads her to believe it could have been Niji, or another of her ilk. Perhaps Niji’s mother.

Sliding her blade back into its scabbard, she crouches in front of the bag. She holds her breath as she opens it, and quickly tosses away what it was she smelled. Some meat that had gone bad, and some fruit with fuzz now on it. Yuck. She proceeds to look through the bag… some materials for sketching… a map (that can be of use)… and a dark colored orb. She picks it up and looks it over curiously. Some of the others had something like this… they used some kind of magic to speak to another far away. If that is true… she drops the orb back into the bag, covering it with the maps and sketching materials. The bag still smells, though. Perhaps the others won’t notice, though.

And as she stands, out of the corner of her eyes she sees something glimmer in the sunlight. Her attention fixes on it, and she moves towards a near bush quickly. She reaches into it, and pulls from the ground a whetstone. She turns it over in her hand, smiling a little at the find. It’s of good quality, perhaps this will remain in her possession.
 
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands

Dunruffle

Poltergeist Who Loves Oreos
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
passive
Favorite Genres
fantasy, sci-fi
Grimm arched an eyebrow at the deep gouges in the tree trunk. Normally he would have expected these to be lower as signs of a bear marking it's territory, but being so far up Grimm could only guess what animal had left them. Just as he was nearing the top, Grimm pulled back slightly as the hen voiced her displeasure with Grimm intruding on her roost. At first Grimm was simply going to ignore the loud bird thing, but that plan changed when the rooster came at him in a protective assault. Holding up his leather covered arms to protect his face, Grimm batted away the rooster as he tried to maintain his footing on a tree branch. The rooster continued to attack Grimm and for a few moments Grimm had the upper hand when he managed to grab onto one of it's wings and throw it off the tree. As he was enjoying his respite, Grimm looked up to realize he was now face to face with the annoyed hen. Deciding to take manners into her own hands (claws?), the hen viciouy pecked at Grimm's unprotected eyes. Grimm's hands instinctively let go from his handhold on the tree trunk and raised them to protect his eyes as he felt a small cut open up on the bridge of his nose. Unfortunately the branch Grimm was standing on had suffered too much from all the activity and snapped in half, making the bewildered hunter let out a curse as he began to fall. Luckily Grimm landed on and broke through several branches on the way down, turning his fall from possibly deadly to minor injury inducing. Grimm finally landed on solid ground in a undignified heap, covered in sap, leaves, and scratches. Getting up and brushing himself off, Grimm furiously grabbed his crossbow and aimed upwards. Unfortunately for him, the hen had disappeared back into her nest and the rooster was nowhere to be seen. Seething with pure rage, Grimm ignored all the strange looks he was getting as he pulled out his hunting knife and began to climb the tall tree once more. Hopefully the strange birds were edible.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ms.Ezra and Gands

Nomad-22

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Morning when I wake up and half of the afternoon before I go to work. Then come back in the evening.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, and Historical
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Yaoi, Furry, and Erotical
Benjie standing next to Yuzuki examined the two burial mounds before them. It didn’t take him but a few seconds to figure which one was meant for and who dug them. The non-combatants one side and the fighters of the opposing groups on the other. He didn’t find it strange that the camp survivors buried the dead but was amazed that they spent the time and effort to make separate mounds. Not to mention enemy dead as well.

The Filipino lowered his head in silence. Suppressing the memories that threatened to burst out he thought. Back in the war we witnessed so much death that many people even children became numb to it all. War is hell. He watched Yuzuki bowed to the mounds and offered a quiet prayer. While not the most devout to his own faith Benjie nonetheless crossed himself in the Catholic matter.

In the back of his mind Ben hoped the innocent and the good among the mound found some kind of peace at least. As for the fallen enemies well he can care less. Subsequently Yuzuki requested him to protect the others. Saying nothing Ben advanced back to the main group, specifically toward Anne.

“The survivors buried their dead and possibly some of the raiders in two mounds. They’re more decent people than me. To be honest I wouldn’t have done the same for my enemies.”

Just as he said that Grim fell from a nearby tree in an undignified heap. Ben winced, knowing from personally experience that tree falls are not enjoyable at all. Then he tilted his head with a puzzled look as the huntsman climbed back with blade in hand. Something pissed him off. What exactly?

Calmly raising his crossbow Benjie looked up at the sky and other trees for any signs of trouble. If they’re attacked he wanted to be ready just in case.
 
Last edited:

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Harry

Houdini examined the feel of the physical memory of the magic in the camp. With a growing sadness he returns to where Benjie seems to be monitoring the skies.

Harry in turn scans the perimeters for activity.

"I don't see any fresh activity, magical or otherwise Benjie. In the remains of the camp, I can feel the memories of magic used like it was trapped in the sadness of this place"

Harry stands behind Benjie helping him scan for trouble.
 

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Burton

For Burtons part, he is working on the map, adding details. He makes a separate map of the camp, where things were.. Where the attack came from. He speaks quietly with Anne for details she can remember, as well as Benjie's recollections.

As Burton is an old hand with maps, it is something he does well. He starts to map in details of where on his smaller map Hitler's people had so far appearred.

He did notice Grimm fall out of the tree, but, the stubborn wilderness man didn't seem to be hurt badly as he started right back up to rend whatever had caused his fall.

He also noticed the young Samurai go into the woods and up the hill. He took out his binoculars to keep sn eye on her, watching her pick some bag up off the ground.

As he had no conclusions yet, he didn't offer any opinions. But, he continued to take copious notes. Laatly, he went back to Genessa to inquire about the range of flight for the Griffins.
 

Ms.Ezra

Innkeeper of The Enchanted Suites
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous
Favorite Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
The commotion caused by Grimm's fight with the reptile-birds gets the attention of Leonidas and Genessa. The young woman shakes her head but makes no effort to help; she consults with Burton instead.

"Griffins do not have a far range due to their size, and so the base from which they came cannot be farther than two days walk from here. We will make camp upon that hill, and from this point begin our search of the surrounding mountains. I think North first." Genessa points to the northern mountains.

Leonidas hears the commotion and walks towards it. He looks up at the source and sees Grimm climbing back up after the strange beasts that have vexed him. The rooster returns with a vengeance as Grimm starts his climb back up, going for his back. The man's coat saves him from deep cuts from it's talons. Leonidas hefts his javelin to attempt an assist, but he holds it ready when he sees it is more likely he would hit Grimm.

Anne meanwhile hears nothing of the commotion or consultation. She nurses her bottle of booze while staring into the river. Fergus lands on her right shoulder and chirps to get her attention.

“Hm? Ah Fergus my good birdie boy what did ya see?” She asks.

Fergus chirps at Anne, relaying to her everything he has seen on his scouting flight. Nobody else would know what he’s saying, maybe only infer from what Anne says in response during and nodding her head.

“Uh huh…..okay thats good...those will be good eatin’.....oh you don’t say...good birdie.” Anne pets the little bird with the tip of her finger. She stands up from the ground and stumbles over to Genessa and Burton.

“Oi Genny. Got somethin’ important fer ya.” She says quietly.

“What is it?” The young woman scrunches her nose at the musk of booze coming off Anne.

“Fergus says a ways off…” Anne looks around. Fergus chirps.

“That way.” Anne points Northeast. “Is a camp of four people. There’s four of ‘em, and they got a fifth lashed to a rock. Might be worth lookin’ at.”

“A camp, with a prisoner?” Genessa nods to Anne and then Fergus. She beckons for Burton and Houdini to follow as she leaves to catch up with Benji and Yuzuki, and Grimm and Leonidas if he has either resolved to abandon his revenge on the reptile-birds or has harvested them for food. Anne follows behind.

When everyone is gathered around Genessa briefs them all.

“Anne’s bird spotted a camp of four with a prisoner northeast of here. This may be a group of Hitler’s men with an unfortunate imprisoned or worse, or it may be a group of the wildmen who live in these parts. Or it may be both, we don’t know who has allied with Hitler by now. We need to send a small team to investigate this.”

“I volunteer!” Anne raises her hand and almost teeters over when she does.

“All due respect Anne, but you are not one for stealth. You may be best here defending the camp.” Genessa tells her respectfully as possible.

“I…” Anne raises a finger to protest but stops. “I...really am not the type to be sneaky, you’re right.” Anne plops down on the ground to rest against a tree trunk.

“The same for me.” Leonidas steps back from the circle. “I rather we charge in, but I can also stand my ground against any foe that might try the same here.”
 
  • Like
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gands and Nomad-22

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Depending on the RP, I can be either. But most of the time I'm passive. I'll help you direct traffic, but I don't like to be in charge usually.
Favorite Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, furry, horror/gore (there are very few exceptions there)
Yuzuki had come down off of the hill, her sword sheathed once more at her hip. The others start to gather and Niji the unicorn gallops passed them hurriedly. She comes to a swift trot once within a dozen feet of the returning samurai, and from her trot the large animal shuffles to a stop. Her nostrils flare and her head whips left to right. The unicorn starts to turn, her tail whipping back and forth watching Yuzuki.

The woman smiles apologetically, knowing the smell that still partially lingers in the bag is what is upsetting her mount. “Many apologies, my friend. I know the smell offends.” She falls quiet and the unicorn darts away with a loud whinney, her tail whipping up and down. Yuzuki smiles faintly as the unicorn comes to a halt near the faltering Anne. Niji lets out a series of snorts and grunts, which to you and I would sound like a series of snorts and grunts. But the newly returned Fergus would understand Niji is expressing her distaste with the smell, thinking herself fooled into thinking there was food in the bag her human carries.

The young girl glances in the direction that Genessa indicates, and her eyes would narrow a moment. Yuzuki drops to one knee and ties the bag she holds into her sash at her lower back. She now speaks as she pushes herself to her feet, adjusting her scabbard tucked into the same sash. “I would like to suggest…” she says softly, glancing in the direction of the happy Anne and then directs her vision back to Genessa. “You, Burton and myself will go directly towards the camp. You will determine what we do then, once we see what we are dealing with.” She motions to Burton. “He is very good with his sword now, he will be able to help us in fight.” And then she motions to Benjie. “Lieutenant Delfina and Grimm…” motioning towards Grimm and raising her voice “HUNter! We are heading out!” Her tone is suddenly one of impatience… perhaps someone here isn’t used to working with others that are so undisciplined… and she continues. “Lieutenant Delfino and the hunter flank the camp, one left of us and one to right. They stay hidden until they see us act. Those of the camp will first see us three” she motions to herself, Genessa and Burton “And hopefully stay focused on us. And if they do hold a prisoner…” she looks to Benjie “Can you keep this prisoner safe? In case the captors try to harm whomever it is once we are seen…”

Her hands now fold in front of her into the sleeves of her kimono as she smiles faintly.
“I am sorry if I am overstepping bounds… this only is my suggestion, and would welcome whatever orders given us…”
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gands

Dunruffle

Poltergeist Who Loves Oreos
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Primarily Prefer Male
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
passive
Favorite Genres
fantasy, sci-fi
Skinning knife in hand, Grimm deliberately made his way back up towards the nest. By this time the rooster had flown back up and watched Grimm from above with an almost disdainful look on it's face. When Grimm passed the into the territory of the nest, the rooster let out another warcry and dove down to face the hairy man-thing. Unfortunately for the rooster, Grimm was expecting the attack and was armed as well. There was a short scuffle but finally Grimm managed to pin the bird to the tree trunk with one hand and drove his knife into the rooster's soft underbelly. The rooster lashed out a few more times while Grimm twisted the knife, scoring some claw marks on Grimm's chest and chin. But eventually the rooster lay still and limp as Grimm let out a victorious cackle. Dropping the rooster, Grimm was about to go for the hen when he heard the young warrior girl call for him. Letting out a grumble, Grimm reluctantly made his way back down the tree. Putting the body of the rooster next to his pack, Grimm walked over to the group in time to hear his part of the plan. Shrugging his shoulders in a somewhat amicable fashion, Grimm retrieved his crossbow and ammo. Now armed and ready, Grimm clears his throat and surprisingly actually decides to contribute to the conversation. "If we want our efforts to be coordinated I suggest thinking of some kind of signal or sign to start the attack. I am confident in my accuracy but it would be unfortunate if one of you accidentally gets in the way. I try to make it a habit of killing the right person and not my comrades."
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gands

Nomad-22

Edgepeasant
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Morning when I wake up and half of the afternoon before I go to work. Then come back in the evening.
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Favorite Genres
Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, and Historical
Genre You DON'T Like
Horror, Yaoi, Furry, and Erotical
Folding his arms across the chest Benjie listened to the briefing. He was no stranger to this sort of briefing. Of course it was revealed that Anne’s bird friend discovered a camp he nodded, clearly impressed. A true scout. He concluded silently as the others pitch in their opinions about the situation.

Anne quickly volunteered to join the ambush team but only to be convinced to stay behind and guard their camp. Leonidas followed suit. The more Ben thought the more it made sense to him. Those two are not exactly what one would call covert by the way they both act.

Benjie shrugged his shoulders. The guerrilla knew plenty of people who weren’t cut out for stealth but were brave fighters nonetheless. When Yuzuki offered her suggest Ben subsequently waited for her to finish. At the question he nodded.

“It can be done should we time it right.”

Finally Grim pitched and provided an excellent point. Grinning Ben commented.

“I can do a bird call or a whistle for a signal. Though I would recommend the former if we want to maintain surprise at the last possible moment.”

To demonstrate Benjie then let out his bird impression.
 

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Burton

Burton listens to whats going on. Thinks for a few moments before giving his opinion.

" Good birdcall Benjie. Seems like a sound plan Yuzuki based on sound presumtions. That being said, A couple of things I am going to point out. I was told something quietly at that council meeting. People who use magic can sometimes see into the future. Just a caution, this could be a trap."

"Also, my own power seems to be a resistance to harm. The only time it was tested, one of those damned dwarves threw a hand axe at me. It bounced off and broke. Just thought you all should know. I don't know if it has any limits and I haven't changed my fighting style. I just dont trust it yet. "

He looks over at Yuzuki.
"I saw you picked up a bag up on that hill Yuzuki, anything of interest ?"
 
Last edited:

Gands

Edgeknight
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Chat Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Intermediate
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
both
Favorite Genres
sci fi, modern magical, horror
Harry


Harry seems to be partly caught up in thought of his Bess. He finds himself sitting next to Anne. A very young woman by his own estimation that he is old enough to be her grandfather. A rather conservative man, her big appeal to him is an unusual friendship she and he have developed.

"If you all do not mind, I will stay here too. I might be quiet enough, but a potential combat situation is not the place to test these things. "

While they were at the fort, Harry had Benjie show him a few basic knife manuevers. But as yet, he is not comfy with the idea of fighting with deadly intent.