Steven Universe: The Story Unfolds

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
C

caѕтιel

Original poster
Overview

This is a slight AU Steven Universe story. OC's are allowed and they can be fusions like Garnet. I expect participators to have decent knowledge of the show and know the laws of the land. I'm not asking you to be the human Wikipedia of the show, I just want you to know the gems and how they work as well as the difference between canon and not canon.

For example, Gems aren't supposed to use their powers on humans. Stars are always incorporated to the Crystal Gems' outfits. Making a character that defies these two things isn't sticking to canon.

You cannot create a new character within the Crystal Gems. The original group (Garnet [Sapphire & Ruby], Amethyst, Pearl and Steven) are the only ones allowed to be in the Crystal Gems.

However, if you would like to create your own group of gems, this is allowed but please state if you would like to first and I can work it in the plot so it's include and canonized within this AU story.

Plot

Steven is trying to control and learn his gem. He needs help from anyone he can get.

Gems from the Homeworld like Peridot and Jasper that are after Steven need to be stopped or persuaded to join the Crystal Gems. At the least, peace is hoped to be made.

Gems that are loners such as Lapis Lazuli (if you would like to play her message me or comment below, I will create a plot that explains how she escaped or stopped Malachite) are tried to be persuaded to join the Crystal Gems or another group so they aren't alone.

Gems that are not discovered are trying to be found by both the Crystal Gems and the gems from the Homeworld. If you're a loner, you better pick and choose quick or else the Homeworld gems will probably seek you out and take you regardless.

Humans are trying to capture and figure out the gems. Ronaldo, as usual, is always a bit too inquisitive for the good of him. Other humans are inquisitive as well so if you make a big fuss in Beach City, you might get caught.

The Crystal Gems protect humans. You fight a human, you're probably going to have to face them unless you never get caught.

Expectations

Post at least two paragraphs per character. A paragraph isn't a one liner, mind you. Average posts contain around two to three paragraphs and up to five if you're really into it. You can always write more but don't write a whole story or anything past fifteen paragraphs per character. That's way too much and creates a lack of interest. In these paragraphs include good English (grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, et cetera) with enough content that allows others to bounce off of your post and create easy responses. I'm not asking you to be perfect, but at least try to be around an Intermediate roleplaying level. One level down and two levels up are allowed, but don't post too many just because you're experienced. I don't want to overwhelm newcomers.

Have decent known of Steven Universe. Know about the show, all the gems and what's going on. If you're not up to date with the newest episodes, I suggest watching them online or reading about it on the official Steven Universe Wikia. Also, know what the show allows and doesn't. If you don't think transformers should be in the show, you're probably right. Just use your common sense when creating a character. If you have a question about if you're character is allowed or if you can do something special, just ask. I don't bite... much just kidding.

If you're going to roleplay a canon character, please stay in character. If you don't know how they function well then chances are you should pick someone else. Characters that don't have very much screen time like Lapis Lazuli or Peridot obviously will have to be improvised based on what you've seen so far, but for people like Connie or Pearl they are clearly depicted to have a set personality and have enough background for a foundation.

When roleplaying, please italicise thoughts in the post. Color text so it pops out more. Italicise quotes or telepathic messages, but still include quotation marks. Parenthesize OOC (Out of Character) speech and place this speech either at the beginning or end of posts. Include quotations when speaking. Posts must be made in a 3rd person perspective to minimize confusion.

In the beginning everyone has to roleplay at least one canon character. For every one canon character, you can have one OC. This keeps things even. We don't want a billion OC's but none of the Crystal Gems filled in. That just ruins the run. If you want to have many canon characters but no OC's you can do that, but you can't have more OC's than canon characters.

Use the character skeleton I provided for your character. Remove any categories that do not apply to your character. Also, please remove brackets as they are just side notes to help you with character construction. Canon characters do not require a character skeleton, but you need to note that you will be roleplaying them and give an roleplaying example using them.

Canon Characters Available

• Steven Quartz Universe
  • Garnet
    • Ruby
    • Sapphire
  • Amethyst
  • Pearl
  • Lapis Lazuli
  • Peridot
  • Jasper
  • Yellow Diamond (Not Available Yet)
  • Greg Universe
  • Sadie
  • Lars
  • Jenny
  • Kiki
  • Kofi
  • Nanafua
  • Mr. Fryman
  • Peedee Fryman
  • Ronaldo Fryman
  • Mr. Smiley
  • Mayor Bill Dewey
  • Buck Dewey
  • Sour Cream
  • Onion

List of Characters Made

Character Name // Age // Gender // Species // Character Owner

Moonstone //
Steven Quartz Universe // (Age unknown, speculation to range from 7-13) // Boy // Half-Gem // Hiro Hamada

Human Character Skeleton

Full Name:
Nickname:
Sex:
Sexual Orientation:
Preferred Pronoun(s):
Species:
Personality:
Looks (if you have a picture just delete this category and place the picture above the form but if not, explain it here):
Other:

Gem Character Skeleton

Full Name:
Nickname:
Preferred Pronoun(s):
Personality:
Species:
Gemstone:

Team (Crystal Gems, Homeworld, a new team, loner):
Weapon(s):
Unique Abilities:
Occupation (Guardian, Warrior, Researcher, Constructor, Teacher, et cetera):
Looks (if you have a picture just delete this category and place the picture above the form but if not, explain it here):
Other:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
[ Inserting my characters here, current WIP. Moonstone and Steven are taken by me. ]