Start From Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyuuen

How do you roleplay, when you're just dead flat depressed and can't write a thing.

I don't know anyone here. It's too overwhelming.

How do you roleplay, when you're just dead flat depressed and can't write a thing.

I don't know anyone here. It's too overwhelming.
You know, you aren't alone. Take a moment... and breathe. It always seems like its an uphill battle... Or like you're trying to move water with a sieve. But you can get through it and it'll pass.

I'm not saying it'll just go away magically and forever.

But it isn't going to block out the sun forever.

And if you can get a ray of light through all of it, grasp onto it and fight for it.

If you're struggling with roleplaying right now... I've got two real suggestions... If its what you want to do... Block off the things that typically distract you... And just start immersing you things in stuff that inspires you. Maybe that means reading or looking at pictures or listening to music. Maybe its even watching a movie. Something that gets an inkling of creativity flowing, and once you get inspired... Just start writing. It doesn't matter what. Half of my writing is half-jokes to friends from the perspective of my characters to get in the RPing mindset.

... Or, if you don't really want to write... Don't push yourself. Take a step back for the time-being and breath. If its a hobby, don't beat yourself up for not wanting to do it. There's plenty of other things in life that you have to bring yourself to half to do that when you're depressed, you shouldn't have to make something fun an obligation. If RPing isn't happening... Find something else fun to do.

I hope you feel better, mate.

Reactions: Kyuuen
Basically this is a +1 of Aenimus up there, but if you want to write try to relax and get yourself in the mood. Get some air. Watch a movie. Allow yourself to immerse in something else. Allow yourself to be inspired.

If you don't want to write... Well. Don't. Do something else that engages you. Hobbies aren't balls and chains. They're there because they give more than they demand.

If you don't want to write... Well. Don't. Do something else that engages you. Hobbies aren't balls and chains. They're there because they give more than they demand.
^ Seconding this.

It sounds like you're not currently in any RP's -- and therefore you're not obligated to continue posting in any RP's -- so it sounds like what you really need is a break from everything. You don't have to continue to force yourself to do something when you just aren't feeling it.

^ Seconding this.

It sounds like you're not currently in any RP's -- and therefore you're not obligated to continue posting in any RP's -- so it sounds like what you really need is a break from everything. You don't have to continue to force yourself to do something when you just aren't feeling it.
The problem is that nothing interests me right now. I'm trying to distract from some very bad thoughts and feelings.

This was one of the things I used to like. I think I need to look for something new, and probably get help.

and probably get help.
^ This is the biggest advice I can offer right now, especially if nothing at all interests you, and you think you are legitimately depressed.

Good help is hard to find, and I fear I won't get to enjoy or participate in anything again until I complete this step.

It often ends at 'get help', and very rarely I really see what happens within the process in-depth. The path goes black.

And I've tried. I've walked into clinics and called suicide lines to get fuck-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.