Starcraft 2

Alright girls, let's cut the shit and start posting our codes so we can take each other on for practice before we throw ourselves into the hell hole that is league matches.

Delnoir
Code: 185

Back in the day, StarCraft was my game of choice. Diablo/WarCraft my BALLS. Sorry, nothing personal.
Needless to say, I've been waiting for this continuation for a long time.
However, now that it has finally arrived, I no longer have the appetite for video games.
...Maybe someday. But for now, know that I'm living through YOU (and my buddy SlutWagon).

Well now that I'm added and might be fighting at your side I'd like to impose a question. I've been playing a few online matches and well I can't seem to produce things fast enough. (And I think I'm going pretty fast too)

But no matter what I'm always taken out by a brutal band of some Terran force. Combined with the later stompings of the protoss and my partner and I are toast. And in 1v1 Marauders will come in large force when I've only got about 3 of them. So I guess what I'm asking is, what is a good way to manage my economy?

I just made a Battleship that fires Marines, and a Siege Tank that shoots Thors...... Lulz

Thursday, Friday, Saturday I have off so whoever wants to practice with my lame arse let me know. Oh and I finished off campaign on normal, that final mission was...boss.

I'm still learning the tricks myself actually and I haven't gone into an online situation much, and I play Protoss. The problem is probably nothing more than one simple fact. The enemy is way faster than you at getting ready. They probably know their hotkeys for buildings and unit selections like second nature, and they probably have a build order down already. From what I can tell, a basic and generally well accepted opening build is this...

At 9/11 Supply, build a supply depot
At 12/19 build a barracks
13/19 make a refinery
15/19, make another Supply Depot the upgrade the Command Center to Orbital Command mode.

After that, the idea is to focus on a particular point. Mass Barracks, Mass Starports, or Mass Factories. I realize I'm probably not helping much, but like I said, I'm a Protoss player. StarCraft is, as its always been is about practice practice practice. Get a build order going, sometimes one for fighting any given race, and hit it perfectly every time. Scouting is important. Send a spare SCV over across the map to take a peek at what they're up to, what they're teching for. As Terran, you have the most capable scouting system in the game with the Orbital Command. Harassing is also a valid approach too. Got a few Marines? Send one or two over. Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't have a Barracks/Spawning Pool/Gateway up yet, and you can start killing workers and set their economy behind as they have to spend minerals they were using to make buildings to make more workers, and that'll give you more time to get an attack force up.

With the economy, its generally accepted that you shouldn't have a big surplus. You should ALWAYS be expanding and building units. If you're keeping your economy under 1000 Minerals and Gas, you're doing okay. If you're under 500 a piece, you're on absolute fire.

I don't really know what other advice I can offer...

Guess if I build right that'll up my ante. I'm always staying under 300 of both and spending it on things. Now that I know what I need to spend it on I'm golden.

I like spamming an Armada of Battle Cruisers with maxed upgrades. : D

Elazul

well I finally played some of the story for SCII and it is really good, think it was last night that I was playing and it cut out on me... I lost all the data that I didn't save so now I have to go back through three of the protoss missions, Haven, and the planet that contains all of tosh's captive buddies

Well I know not what this code number is under your names so I'll post my name and then add you guys...

Slyen

Code: WTF? (Edit: Apparently its 904)

Just got the game over the weekend and installed it. It's been so long since I've played the first game.

Titan

For some reason trying to add you and your code isn't working, Slyen.

Just a friendly little bump to see how everyone's endeavors in-game go.

Anyone do their league placement matches yet? I've been too nervous to cause I don't want to go in only to get utterly destroyed, so I'm busy creating and testing various build orders against the AI. I'm feeling as though my old build order was a tad slow to start getting units out, but at the same time it did the job. It went...

9: Pylon
12: Gateway > Cybernetics Core + Second Gateway upon completion.
13: Assimilator
14: Pylon

Then I stop going off numbers for the moment to...
-Assimilator
-Research Warp Gate technology
-Begin churning out Zealot and Stalkers with Chrono Boost
-Try to work in a Twilight Council to research Charge for Zealots and Blink for Stalkers while keeping my economy capable of churning out units and Pylons.

And its about where it branches off...or should if I could ever get paranoid enough to start scouting. As a result my build never keeps a consistent vibe for the most part.

I tried a tech push for Advanced Shielding for Protoss units and buildings, but it stretches my economy thinner than I'd like unless I'm a little Stalker heavy and then I'll try to phase out the Twilight Council out of my build until later which puts a screeching halt to any plans I might have with Templars or any variety until my first expansion more often than not. Its a somewhat successful build I can see my units surviving a lot longer with upgraded shields even at level 1. I've heard talk that you need to really pay attention to the game to see the difference in upgrades. I'm seeing it without trying...maybe I'm playing too much...

I've messed around with Void Rays. Ohhhh the Void Rays. These babies are one of my favorite toys as the Protoss. If you can get four or five of these guys behind an enemy base and move in while they're pushing your base, these things will fuck your worker line up beyond all rational belief, then proceed to raze your Command Center/Hatchery/Nexus with terrifying speed...too bad its hard to push a squad of Void Rays early in the game. And if there are sufficient AA Defenses, well then I just spent the majority of my economy on units that didn't do anything.......its fun to use on bunker turtling Terran players though. I've caused a few rage quits with that.

Dark Templars.....gimme a moment.....*Deep inhale and exhale*. Remember when I said Void Rays are one of my favorite toys? Well Dark Templars are the other one. In case you don't know, Dark Templars are permanently cloaked units (Eat your hearts out, Ghosts!) and though a bit frail when revealed, their attack power is massive and if you let a team of five or six into your worker line, then your economy is going to seriously feel it in the morning...and by morning I mean the next 5-10 minutes depending on the speed of your game. Dark Templars are vicious and against a player with no detectors, A small team of Dark Templars will fuck your shit up so fast it'll make your head spin...or your Command Center lift off...Fucking Terran players.

Units I want to play with but never get the chance to...Immortals for one. Reduce damage that is greater than ten to ten even so long as the shields are up? Improved damage to armored units? A small squad of these things are a Siege Tank/Thor's worst nightmare. Same for all those fancy Ultralisks you Zerg players use...yeah, I don't really know Zerg that well yet in SC2.

Colossi. That's plural for Colossus in case you didn't know. Can walk up cliffs, have crazy range when upgraded, and do splash damage that makes lesser units eat their trousers in terror. Too bad any attack force, and I mean ANY attack force are capable of attacking them. Air, ground, doesn't matter. *Sigh*

Observers. You know, I try to keep one or two of these things around my base if I can, ESPECIALLY if I'm up against a Terran player who's teching for nukes. Set one up at the ramp to the base and set the other one on patrol around the paths leading up to the base. Its like my own personal Xel'Naga Watchtower on wheels. They're especially nice if you can get one into a base with no detectors. You pull that off and you have a scouting game that makes a Terran's Orbital Command center upgrade look like child's play. Too bad I tend to forget about them when I'm getting my defenses up for that first inevitable push.

Warp Prisms. Being the Warp Gate whore that I am, these things have endless potential (5 Warp Gates in the Mid/Late game will keep your army flowing really nicely). Too bad I haven't had the shot to explore it yet.

Phoenixes. These guys are an Air to Air battler's dream. Too bad I'm still a bit scared of micro to try employing them against ground units. Though I've gotten a few Terran to go -_____- in chat when I pick up their workers...when the Phoenix is a lone scout...when they're in the middle of building something. :D

So yeah, there you have it. I'm still a tad nervous to do my placement matches yet, but I am testing and refining some experimental build orders.

Haven't went into 1v1 matches however my brother had done 2v2 and the only reason either him or I would win in those was because the other player on the team was boss for building. Seriously he got taken out early in the game then his buddy did a stalker Zealot rape and pillage of both Terran players with warp prisms. As for 1v1 I've tried a few times in the practice mode and as I said failed miserably. My build order is worthless and I've been actually playing campaign a second time to see how fast I can complete all the levels.

right you persuasive arsebandits, just bought and installed the game.

Then install it and put your damn profile name and code on here fer chrissakes!

VictorHolt is the name.

Code 943.

and just for reference, Viktors Rank is Commissar

(you'll have to have played Final Liberation to get the joke, but there it is anyway.)

Just like with Slyen I'm getting an error message when finding you. "Can't find player character."

[EDIT]This whole character name and code thing seems a bit ridiculous so the other way to go about it is use the e-mail name you went with. If people are having troubles with me and adding my profile try to add, when you press the add friend button it is immedietly to the left of that box, [email protected]

This will hopefully defeat the stupid thing.