RiverNotch

any pronouns
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
I get to beat all the Americans and even Europeans by posting this xD​
IMG_1577.jpeg
Yeah, making the queer list contributed to this, and before that I was making a disco playlist too (though I was just picking highlights from an old disco compilation on....CD? LP? I don't quite know). June I was listening to Prince's discography (well, his discography before the 2000s), and July to Chic's. I guess I just listen to a lot of David Bowie and Björk, though I believe The Beatles should be there too, only Spotify doesn't seem to count local files -- I vastly prefer the Beatles in mono. Bit of a shame my present girl group listens come too late for this.

So, my fellow Spotify nerds, your Wrapped?​

• Love
Reactions: FenFren
IMG_1578.jpegAdd.: I just checked my Wrapped from last year. My favourite artist then was Beyoncé, and all my favourite tracks were from her album Renaissance -- makes sense -- so my top genre was also disco. I suppose I got my timeline wrong, in that I was making my disco playlist last year, and disco topping my taste again is more because of my Chic listen-through xD. "Classical Performance" and "Rap" were among my top five genres last year, though, so not only am I down by 10k minutes, but I'm also down by variety (above are my top five genres this year) -- a bit of a shame, in my book, though nothing serious ofc.​

Reactions: FenFren
Add. to the Add. I posted these on mobile. Looking at them on desktop now, dang those images are gigantic!

First and second are two of my all-time favourite musicians, so I am not at all surprised to see them there (and Des Rocs takes #1 for the second year in a row). I'm not particularly surprised by anything here, I wouldn't have guessed Night Club would be there, as I did all of my listening to them early this year so it makes sense that they drifted to the back of my mind. The top songs, for the record, are: Bloodlust by aeseaes, Free by Mother Mother, From Eden by Hozier, Holy Mother by Starbenders, and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by the Offspring. Interesting that Hozier is the only top artist who has a top song, too.
2023wrapped_summary-share.jpeg
2023wrapped_genre-layers.jpeg

2829bbbb-5.png
48d60113-8.png

Edit: I was too lazy to do this earlier, but here's my YT Music one as well:

1701340633138.jpg

Starting maybe June (?) of this year, I switched over to YT Music. I still use Spotify now and then to listen to podcasts though.

Midnight Syndicate making the list is kind of surprising. Everything else is pretty much as expected. 2023 is clearly my gothic music era.

Last edited:
I don't have Spotify, I have Apple Music, but it does have something similar, so here's mine: IMG_3740.jpeg

my main genre was alternative, and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: RiverNotch
My top song is only there by virtue of the three days I spent listening to it on repeat (I was learning it for a drag show lol). The rest of my top songs are in my driving playlist so it's more indicative of how much I had to commute this year lol.

IMG_4452.jpegIMG_4453.jpeg

💃

Attachments

• IMG_0913.png
    IMG_0913.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0914.jpeg
    IMG_0914.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 6
Here is mine:
IMG_0619.png

i feel like i'm so late to this LMFAO

warning my music taste is seriously all over the place
IMG_2367.jpgIMG_3466.jpg

p.s. idk why it says pov indie it could literally just say indie... but noo spotify wants to be different apparently