1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Romance, Action, Adventure, etc.
Generally, it's what I feel more in the mood for.
3D0LZ6v.png

Important Links!

IC Thread [] Character Sheet Thread [] SV Discord

v2iwYDw.png

Following one too many losses at the hands of the Spiders, a sole figure remained. Being young and without much power, she'd spent much time avoiding the conflicts between the Spiders and the Inheritors. But with the loss of her family, loneliness began to set in. She'd always believed them to be a necessary evil. Cruel and ruthless, though they could be, they were indeed her family and they kept a subtle balance. Universes that would be overrun with the Spider-Totems, a disturbance in the balance that would threaten the multiverse if not kept in check, The Inheritors kept them all in balance. At least, that is what she'd come to believe. Were it any other, this belief would be nothing more than the vengeful ramblings of a young and lonely girl. But for her, the remnant of a powerful group of beings, it was the beginning of something more.

The girl began to study what was left behind by her brethren, by her parents, and by The Spiders. She began to write, and create, twisting her findings to fit her own beliefs. She began to rebuild. She would take on the role of the Matriarch of the Inheritors. She gave herself the name Solara. As she grew, she began to scour the universe. She searched for one who could match her power, surpass it even, one who could become the Patriarch of her new family. It took time, but eventually she found one whom she believed could do just that. And so she took a man named Joren as her lover and brought him with her to her home dimension.

Though his power was great, she offered him more, which he humbly accepted. She created a concoction to make him like her, an Inheritor, though she remained the only true member left of her old family, to her knowledge. Thus, Solara and Joren began to expand their family. They had a son, Daemon, followed by a set of twins, Hendricks and Meleona (boy and girl respectively), and finally, their youngest daughter, Sivanna. These children were their penultimate creations. To this point, they'd taken time in recruiting more like Joren whom could serve as makeshift Inheritors, skilled and powerful beings who had been granted more power through formulas built from the DNA of the Inheritors of old.

But these children would be much more than that. They would become more than powerful enough to keep the Spiders in check. No, all of those who bore the mark of the totems. The Inheritors would stand above them once more. Solara would make sure of it.

POYUkS9.png

The New Inheritors stand at a total of 11 members including: Solara the Matriarch, Joren the Patriach, their 4 children, and their 5 guardians and teachers. Not wanting to rush in the upbringing of her children, Solara has made sure to allow them ample time to grow naturally along with more than acceptable education and training. However, each has begun to branch off and take on specialized skill sets much to her satisfaction. She was not looking to create obedient lapdogs after all. However, as they have begun to reach maturity she has found that is not only the right time, but absolutely essential that they begin to hunt. So, she found a universe she could use as a suitable training ground.

In preparation for the hunt, Solara also captured and brought a medley of totems from various Earth's to this one which seems to have experienced some kind of fallout. Life on the planet is scarce, but enough that her children will need to learn to differentiate the normal from the totemic avatars. Here they will hunt under the supervision of their teachers and guardians, though without interference unless they were to be brought near to death.

qdDCP9O.png

• Roughly a month has passed since the abduction of the Totems.
  • They were initially scattered across this foreign, rundown, and sparsely populated version of New York. Whether or not they are together now, is up to the players.
  • The characters were abducted with whatever the player says they were at the time of their capture by the vastly more powerful Solara.
  • The Inheritors are searching for them, Players will decide what they have done so far, and what they're planning to do now.
  • The people of this Earth are real, it is not a simulation. Just another Earth/Dimension.
  • If you want more information about the Earth we're on go ahead and ask, but I do plan on breaking some of it down as I go forward. If you want to have a character be from this Earth, I will give you more info.
gYK0CPc.png
Earth-784
After the completion of the Infinity Gauntlet the Earth, the universe, was shaken to its core. The Mad Titan, Thanos, with a snap of his fingers wipes out half of all life in the universe. That was after the war was waged against him and his Black Order. With so many dead or gone (civilians, heroes, villains, etc.), the will to continue fighting was all but lost. Some tried, but failed to figure out a way to reverse the effects, or at least avenge the fallen, but to no avail.

Over time, people began to try and move on. But the journey to that point had been so difficult, so terribly hard on the people, every began to fall into decay. Cities fell into ruin, towns were left abandoned. With a world left war torn and reeling from tragedy, things seemed bleak. It took time to even get back to a livable way of life.

Earth was left largely devoid of it's heroes, and those who remained scrambled to find a way to fix their lives and make the lives of everyone better. The Earth having just barely come back from the brink has finally reached a stable point.

Now, with the population still a mere fraction of what it once was, most live in smaller villages, rundown towns, and other similar lodgings. One might think that the struggle for resources would be over, but in fact it quickly became something of a battle for those would would try to hoard those resources for themselves.

Heroes, both new and old have begun to rise once more, in order to fight rising crime. Villains are somehow managing to gain prominence. The world, after having just reached it's stability is returning to a state of flux. It serves as the perfect hunting ground for the Inheritors in training.

juMaTGc.png

• What even are the Inheritors?
    • The Inheritors, put in the simplest way possible, are like vampires. However, they feed on totems/totemic avatars. They hunt them down, eat them, and gain more power from doing so.
  • So, what are totems or totemic avatars?
    • Marvel makes it a bit harder to understand than it might need to be, but essentially, they're any human/animal hybrid. That's a bit of an oversimplification in all honesty as there is much more to it. There are connections to deities, other supernatural beings, etc. The most basic example would of course be the Spider-Totems. They are generally directly connected to the Master Weaver (a Spider Deity-like being who oversees the Web of Life/Destiny). Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Spider-Ham, etc. are all Spider-Totems. Black Widow, however, being without any real connection to the Spider-Deity (at least to my knowledge in the main Marvel Universe) is not a totem as she has no spider blood, dna, powers, etc. Black Panther, on the other hand, is indeed a totemic avatar as he is granted power through the Panther Goddess, Bast.
  • Seems a little complicated, but does this mean we can make totems who aren't just spider-people?
    • This does indeed mean exactly that. However, I would prefer it if you guys would keep with the theme and connect the character to the Spider-Man lore at least a bit. For example, a reimagining of the Rhino who could be a Rhino totem? Something like Doc Ock with actual Octopus abilities (I mean it'd be weird, but it could be cool).
  • Am I limited to spider-lore and reimaginings?
    • Hell no! I'll take a character made with gusto and you actually care about and want to play vs a thrown together character who fits in any day. But given Spider-Man is a big part of the Marvel Universe and has interacted with just about every major character, and also played a big part in almost every major event, I'd say it should be too hard to come up with something regardless.
  • How much leash are we getting exactly?
    • How much leash do you need? >_> No, but in all seriousness, you can go as wild as you want. Of course, I mean this within reason. I do not, and I repeat "DO NOT" (for dramatic effect), want you to be so OP in the beginning that the Inheritors don't really post a threat. Being this is a Marvel RP (basically), I will be more laid back as a lot of ridiculous stuff happens in comics.
  • Do we have to use anime, animated, or otherwise drawn images?
    • Images like the ones in the question are not a requirement, but they are my preference. You will not be judged more harshly because of a "live action" face claim for your character. I just personally prefer the former as opposed to the latter.

NPg6mSo.png

1. First and Foremost, I'm the GM. Please treat myself and My Co-GM(s) with respect when it comes to rulings regarding the game. We will always try to be fair, and listen to ideas, requests, and thoughts.
  2. Spider-Verse: Inheritance is a mid-high casual roleplay. While I'm not expecting essays with each post, I am expecting that you don't just throw up a few mashed together lines.
  3. Please do not intentionally try to harass, insult, or instigate issues between other players. This is not a place for arguing. If you feel the need to work through a problem, either take it to PMs/DMs or squash it altogether. I will not hesitate to intervene. If any problems persist even after the intervention of myself or a co-GM, you will be kicked from the roleplay.
  4. This roleplay will not have a required post deadline. However, I will request that each of you commit to trying to post at least once a week where possible. That being said, if you find that you cannot post for however long a period of time, please inform either myself or a Co-GM. You do NOT need to provide details, just give a heads up. Unexplained absences will be deemed as having left the rp if the player is absent for longer than a 2 week period.
  5. I'd prefer it if players were active in OOC discussion on Discord. An active, healthy playerbase that likes to discuss character and plot only adds to the fun!
  6. Take your time in designing characters that will grow and be fleshed out through interactions with other characters or through the story. Since we take this so seriously, the GMs will not be accepting people on a "first come, first served" basis. Instead, we will look at all submitted characters and will accept the ones we think will be more suitable for this setting.
  7. Regarding the idea of romance between characters, keep it simple and obviously do not go too far. Keep it PG-13 (or so) where applicable. Take it to a more private setting if you really wish to continue.
  8. Don't just attack or harm the characters of another player without his/her/their consent. Don't do anything with another character that would be otherwise outside of your control if you are not the creator. If you want your character to get into a fight with another character, give the player a heads-up, first. That way they can plan how their character will react. Remember that auto-hitting is not allowed.
  9. I'm sure I don't have to say this, but metagaming, godmodding, being a mary/gary sue, and all the other stuff we have a tendency to hate or that detract from the fun of the game are PROHIBITED. Don't do it.

2062k4z.png

kpAnGuA.jpg

Not putting another image placeholder. lol you get the idea.
"Quote from Character"​

• Name:​

Alias:​

Date of Birth:​

Height:​

Weight:​

Hair Color:​

Eye Color:​

• Personality:​
    {Don't go to crazy here. You can give me anything from a list of traits to a brief paragraph. But I'll only accept one paragraph. Keep it as brief, clear, and to the point as possible..}​

History:​
    {Use this space to get out just about everything you think is essential to know about your character, their universe, etc. I'd prefer not to read a book, but sometimes the biggest sacrifices require the strongest wills. So, let me have em.}​

• Powers:​
    {These would be your character's superpowers. These are something your character develops, gains, or were born with. Pretty self-explanatory.}

Abilities:​
    {These would be things that are innate or inbuilt in your character. Examples include stuff like having a photographic memory, really good eye-sight, etc. Things that aren't superpowers, but not necessarily stuff your character could just learn over time.}

Skills:​
    {This would be where you put things your character has learned or picked up over time. Fighting skills, science skills, detective skills, etc. All of that would go here.}

Weaknesses:​
    {Everyone is gonna have a weakness or two. Place all of it here. Certain substances, crippling fears, being frail, etc.}

Equipment:​
    {Does your character have anything important that they just about always carry around with them? Do they have certain things that they need for hero work? Casual, mundane, sentimental, important, heroic, etc., it should all go here.}

• {This section is where you can have a bit more fun. You can add, or remove things as you see fit. Jut little tidbits you think are cool to know about the character. I'm not judging this section too harshly.}
    Goals:​

Dislikes:​

Greatest Rivals/Rogues:​

Theme Music:​

• This section will hold two main points of information. The characters relationships in their everyday life, and their relationships (if any) to the other totems present. As you do this, keep in mind that all of this may come into play later on in the story. Also, keep in mind that some questions to consider include:
    • Do they have living relatives?
    • Do they have friends or other loved ones?
    • Do any of them know the persons secret identity?
    {Name of Individual}
    {Describe the relationship between the two from your character's point of view.}​

Code:
[Center][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/kpAnGuA.jpg[/IMG]
[SPOILER=In Costume!]Not putting another image placeholder. lol you get the idea.[/SPOILER]
"Quote from Character"[/CENTER]
[TABS]
[tab=Basic Information]
[INDENT]Name:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Alias:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Age:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Date of Birth:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Height:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Weight:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Hair Color:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Eye Color:[/INDENT]
[/tab]

[tab=Background Information]
[INDENT]Personality:[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]{Don't go to crazy here. You can give me anything from a list of traits to a brief paragraph. But I'll only accept one paragraph. Keep it as brief, clear, and to the point as possible..}[/INDENT]

[INDENT]History:[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]{Use this space to get out just about everything you think is essential to know about your character, their universe, etc. I'd prefer not to read a book, but sometimes the biggest sacrifices require the strongest wills. So, let me have em.}[/INDENT]
[/tab]

[tab=Powers and Abilities]
[INDENT]Powers:[/INDENT] {These would be your character's superpowers. These are something your character develops, gains, or were born with. Pretty self-explanatory.}

[INDENT]Abilities:[/INDENT] {These would be things that are innate or inbuilt in your character. Examples include stuff like having a photographic memory, really good eye-sight, etc. Things that aren't superpowers, but not necessarily stuff your character could just learn over time.}

[INDENT]Skills:[/INDENT] {This would be where you put things your character has learned or picked up over time. Fighting skills, science skills, detective skills, etc. All of that would go here.}

[INDENT]Weaknesses:[/INDENT] {Everyone is gonna have a weakness or two. Place all of it here. Certain substances, crippling fears, being frail, etc.}

[INDENT]Equipment:[/INDENT] {Does your character have anything important that they just about always carry around with them? Do they have certain things that they need for hero work? Casual, mundane, sentimental, important, heroic, etc., it should all go here.}
[/tab]

[tab=Extra Information]
[INDENT]Goals:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Likes:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Dislikes:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Greatest Rivals/Rogues:[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Theme Music:[/INDENT]
[/tab]

[tab=Relationships]
[INDENT][B]{Name of Individual}[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]{Describe the relationship between the two from your character's point of view.}[/INDENT]
[/tab]
[/TABS]

Last edited:
Reactions: Gowi
Duuuuude, this is mega cool and I was able to learn a bit about what's going on! Thanks so much!

No problem dude! Glad you like it, and even more glad that it was helpful!

I think I got a decent idea for a charrie. I might PM you about her though @Demon Shinobi before I go in depth on getting her details worked out.

@Daz I've edited the post to include the Discord link. Could have sworn I did it before, but I guess I was wrong lol xD

Guys! I've also edited the CS a bit. There is no longer a restriction on the paragraphs allowed for the History portion. Write whatever you think is important. I'll gladly read through it all.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Daz
rsz-1-navka-nagai-gojitsudan-no-nechronica-drawn-by-hetza-hells.jpg

aa9ba3b96d4a629d9021f7975d2318bf.jpeg
navka-nagai-gojitsudan-no-nechronica-drawn-by-hetza-hellshock.jpg
b3f75df2669114415ab320c9c0847ad6.jpg
"...I don't want to hunt anymore… Leave me be."​

• Name: Portia-07​

Alias: Kali​

Date of Birth: XX/XX/2010​

Height: 5'8"​

Weight: 131 lbs​

Hair Color: White​

Eye Color: Crimson​

Cold and quiet. Kali exhibits obvious trust issues with others and more often keeps to herself. Speaks rather simply and cooly, though still blunt when she does. Despite antisocial personality, Kali proves to hold a nurturing nature and more often than not looks out for others despite stating to be selfish.​

Part of an Oscorp experiment in her own dimension. Harry Osbourne sought to create a "Spider Squad" rather than a spider army. Embedded with the DNA of the Portia spider, he secretly created, housed and trained a unit of "Spider-hunters" to eliminate Spider-man.​
    Kali being the eighth of these soldiers, grew up in a lab along with her "siblings", not knowing where she came from or who she was. She only knew her number, her master, and her target. Upon the squad's failure to eliminate Spider-man, most were deemed failures and disposed of, she only surviving due to the intervention of the masked hero in question.​
    Since then, Kali has spent her time in seclusion and hiding, moving from place to place and surviving in the wilderness and evading authorities. However, when Shield finally tracked and surrounded her, a mysterious figure appeared out of nowhere and offered her an escape. Albeit, this escape has led her to a whole new world and a far greater threat.​

• Enhanced reflexes
    • Strengthened limbs, legs especially strong for large leaps and enhanced running speed
    • Multiple-arms, six in total
    • Enhanced regenerative factor; capable of regrowing a full limb in the span of around a week.

• Enhanced eyesight around six times more accurate than the most acute human
    • High intelligence favored towards problem solving, tactical ability and hunting

• Firearm expert and sharp-shooter
    • Proficient in CQC
    • Tinkerer; Capable of repairs as well as knowledgeable about trapping

• Limbs despite strength are quite susceptible to trauma, hence the armoring she wears on them.
    • Arms are imperfect, each pair being more frail than the original. Lowest pair's hands melded/webbed save for thumb and index finger, making them not as dexterous.
    • Strength, while superhuman, is not the focus of her genes. There are plenty of other mutants capable of overpowering in a bout of raw strength or speed.
    • Regenerative factor is better than human's however it is still rather slow comparative to other mutants with it. It will bring her back to 100% however she'll still need to survive the current threat and reach safety.
    • Eyesight can take time to focus depending on the distance. While capable of being used as a "scope", focusing on details in the distance takes a moment and draws attention and awareness from everywhere else.
    • Trust issues
    • Harry Osbourne
    • Ballistic armor plating
    • Reinforced rebreather
    • Fingerless tactical gloves
    • PTRS Anti-tank rifle
    • Two P226X5 Pistols
    • Two Combat Knives

• Goals: "..."

• Harry Osbourne
    • Spider-man
    • Portia-01
    • Portia-08
    • Labs
    • Science

• Spider-man
    Theme Music:

• "..."

Last edited:
Guys, I added an equipment thing to the CS, its in the Powers and Abilities tab right under Weaknesses.
Also, it is not necessary in anyway to use the discord, but it is usually easier to reach me with it.
That said, so far, we're got one character, and she's pretty cool. Brief and too the point. Can't lie, I honestly thought I was in for way more from Emp lol

• Ah Seen It
1565810257510.png
He doesn't usually bother with a mask though, seeing as his physical form is so recognizable.
"As much as I hate spiders, I hate mosquitoes more. Just...keep that webbing away from me, that stuff's gross."

• Name: Roderick Sebastian Kingsley, primarily goes by his middle name.
    Alias: The Hobgoblin

Date of Birth: March 15th, 1983

Height: Before taking the goblin formula, Sebastian was about 5'11, after goblinization he grew to approximately 7'2".

Weight: 312 pounds, almost all of which is muscle. Formerly only about 180 pounds.

Hair Color: Formerly blonde, now a rust red color.

Eye Color: Yellow

• Personality: In his world, Hobgoblin is a hero. One of the best, in fact. He might not have the same degree of raw power as people like Magneto, Ultron, or Baron Mordo, but he's got the drive to improve, a good head on his shoulders, and a willingness to learn. He takes real pride in being a hero, and while he is willing to do whatever it takes to stop the various myriad supervillains of his earth, he'll never abandon people who need him. That's not to say he takes himself too seriously. What it means is that if it comes down to stopping a villain or saving people, Sebastian will choose to save people every time. That's what being a hero means. That's what it meant for the Green Goblin, and that's what it means for Hobgoblin too. And at the end of the day, Sebastian needs to be Hobgoblin for the same reason that some people just need to be musicians. Well, that and revenge.

History: On Sebastian's world, the hero-villain dynamic that everyone knows so well is totally reversed. In Sebastian's universe, Doctor Doom and Magneto are considered the world's greatest heroes, while it's most wicked villains are largely regarded as being Spider-man and Professor X. Back home, a large portion of New York is a run-down, dilapidated mess known as The Cobwebs, where Spider-man has clogged the cityscape with webbing so thick you can barely see the sky. Regularly, the bodies of those who dare to offend or oppose the spider are found hanging from the cobwebs, lynched. He grew up just at the edge of the Cobwebs, to parents who were kind and caring and nurtured his interests in science and made sure he was raised right. Sebastian lived a pretty boring life up until, through dumb luck, he scored an internship to work alongside one of the greatest people in the world: humanitarian billionaire Norman Osborn. Norman took Sebastian under his wing, teaching him the value of hard work and practically having him join the family. He was like a second son to Norman, and Sebastian and Harry Osborn were like brothers. When Spider-man brutally murdered the Green Goblin, Harry inherited Oscorp, but Sebastian inherited the various Goblin treasures. Together, Sebastian and Harry set about on a quest to avenge the original Green Goblin, but a difference in methodology slowly drove them apart until one night, cold and rainy, Harry Osborn challenged Spider-man to a fight right on the same bridge his father, and wound up hanging there swinging lightly in the cold wind as the Spider hung him off the edge of the bridge and mocked him until he died of his wounds.

Now, Hobgoblin's left the kid gloves at the door, and is determined to avenge his second family and uphold the legacy of the goblins' heroism, seeking out whatever it takes. His journal is full of notes on various complementary formulas to mix a new, greater batch of Goblin Formula, as well as notes on advanced

• Powers: Superhuman Strength, Speed, and Durability that notably exceed that of a normal spider-totem. (Using 616 Peter Parker's average powerlevel as a reference) He's also got fantastic senses of hearing and smell, as well as a limited form of darkvision out to about 60 feet or so, though he can't distinguish color this way. He's also very resistant to heat, cold, and radiation, though not completely immune to any of them.

His fingertips end in pretty sharp claws that can cut through durable materials up to around kevlar with relative ease, and thin sheets of steel with considerable effort. He typically finds better results with punching against more armored targets, who are more likely to resist the cutting edge of his claws.His mouth includes a pair of large fangs, though he's never used them in combat before.

Abilities: Despite his monstrous appearance, Hobgoblin is good with kids, animals, and old people. Sebastian is an incredibly fast learner, picking up new topics with incredible ease, and can seemingly reach the journeyman's level in any skill at rapid speeds, though he has yet to truly master anything. He also has an incredible pain tolerance, stemming from an immense pool of willpower that Baron Mordo believes would make him an excellent wizard if given proper training, but he's only just started seeking out an education in that, and is currently unable to do much more than card tricks.

Skills:
    Hobgoblin is smart. He might not be a supergenius on the level of some of the other big heroes back home, like Victor Von Doom or The Leader, but he's got a respectable command of the sciences. He's sufficiently intelligent as to justify his day-job as a part of AIM's R&D department, one of many Superscientists who answer to the Scientist Supreme and M.O.D.O.C. (Mental Organism Designed Ostensibly for Creativity). He's a mechanical engineer by trade, but he's shown promise in numerous fields such as chemistry, bioengineering, and even magic. A lot of those skills aren't really practical or on a level to provide him an edge in battle though. He's got what it takes to build and maintain his gear, and flex on most of the non-inheritor NPCs. Among his fellow superheroes, he's usually the second or third smartest person in the room, but only barely cracks the top 25 worldwide, and even that's not without some contention. Smartest person in a room full of normal folks, but the dumbest person in a room full of supergeniuses.

He's also a trained swordsman and has good enough aim to get his grenades where he needs them to go, but he's no real marksman.

Weaknesses:
    While he's got a notable edge in a direct fight with a Spider Totem, Hobgoblin has plenty of areas he lags behind in. Even with his glider, his manuverability in the air is limited compared to a web-slinger. His glider needs time to accelerate and decelerate, and can't turn on a dime or pull off the advanced manuvers that spiders can in the air. He may be faster than a spider in a straight line, but he'll almost always end up falling behind in an urban environment. He also lacks a spider-sense, forcing him to rely on his own instincts to avoid attacks. This leaves him vulnerable to long-range attacks like snipers, or stealth attacks from those sneaky enough to circumvent his hearing. (Which the inheritors definitely are, if they want to be, and most stealth-oriented spiders will be as well.) His glider and bombs are a limited resources, as he hasn't found any sort of lab or place with the proper facilities to build and maintain his equipment.

In terms of direct combat weaknesses, electricity bypasses his durability, and his superior hearing leaves him vulnerable to sonic attacks. While his eyes are adjusted for the dark, bright lights can be blinding and cause searing pain.

It's also worth noting that Sebastian is visibly monstrous, and a little over seven feet tall. He's not going to be able to hide or blend in with a crowd, at least not without some pretty special circumstances helping him out.

Equipment: Hobgoblin uses a "Bag of Tricks" to carry several tools and weapons. Due to his circumstances, however, they are in rather poor condition, but are otherwise as follows:

Goblin Glider- A weaponized glider built to run on an experimental fuel compound, Sebastian's Glider is a bat-shaped flying machine with space for two people if they're willing to get cozy. It's equipped with a high-wattage taser and a flamethrower, and can be remote controlled. It's only got around six hours of flight-time left before it runs out of fuel, which translates to about an hour of standard aerial combat with the glider.

Pumpkin Bombs- Sebastian has four Pumpkin Bombs left in his bag, baseball sized explosives that detonate almost silently into massive balls of flame. One of his remaining ones is a fragmentary bomb that explodes into wide spray of razors that are roughly as sharp as his claws alongside it's flame.

Thermal Blade- Built as a tool to free himself and others from webbing, the Thermal Blade is a high-tech blade that folds down from a three-foot long sword to a much more discrete hilt that can fit in a pocket, albeit not very well. The blade's cutting edge heats up to an incredible level, but has a short battery life under normal circumstances, and has maybe 20 seconds of battery life left currently. It was designed as a tool to cut through webbing, and stuck around as a part of his standard arsenal.

Goblin Garb- The costume displayed in the picture is currently a tattered, ruined mess of a suit. While it used to be a fairly durable suit of armor made from Kevlar interwoven with steel chainmail and reflective scales, it's now been reduced to scraps of cloth, some tight leather pants, and a gauntlet that houses a potent taser/AED. Each use of the gauntlet's shock uses one power cell, of which Hobgoblin has three.

• Goals: Be the hero he feels he was meant to be, get home so he can avenge the other Goblins that came before him.
    Likes: Science, saving people, making bad jokes and the feeling of growing as a person and mastering new skills. Also cooking, Sebastian likes to cook.

Dislikes: Pickles, Spiders, and seeing people hurt. He also can't stand anyone who tries to besmirch the Osborn name.

Greatest Rivals/Rogues: Spider-man is his number one rival, his ultimate foe, archnemesis and so forth, but Sebastian does have a fairly rich rogues gallery made up of a diverse cast of characters such as the evangelical serial killer Moon Knight, the hired assassin Daredevil, and the cruel, prejudiced, corporate McCarthyist monster that is his world's Captain America. He's also fought with the ego-maniacal alcoholic Iron Man on a few occasions, and has assisted other heroes in battles against Thor's Cult of Thunder, and the horrific pseudo hive-mind that is his reality's version of the X-men, who've all had their personalities wiped of anything not expressly useful for their telepathic overlord Charles Xavier.

Theme Music:

• Norman Osborn

"Norman was my mentor, he was like a second father to me. I look up to him, and I'm determined to do right by his legacy. He always said that power came responsibility, and I'll be damned if I don't live by that principle."

Harry Osborn

"I grew up an only child, but Harry is still my brother. Or, was my brother, rather. We disagreed on a lot, sure, especially at the end, but he'll always be important to me. If I could trade places with him, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

John Jonah Jameson
    "At the end of the day, JJJ has always been in my corner. He's helped me establish myself as a hero and put me on the map as a figure in the public eye. I respect him immensely, even if I'd never tell him that to his face,"

Last edited:
  • Creative
JXs55Bm.jpg

0FUttUe.jpg
"Look, there's already a Spider-man. But I figure, if I can help a few people here and there... might as well, right?"​

• Name: David Michael Sierra​

Alias: Spider-man​

Date of Birth: June 15, 1999 (in his universe)​

Height: 5'9" (Roughly 175.26cm)​

Weight: 185lbs (Roughly 81.92cm)​

Hair Color: Dark Brown​

Eye Color: Hazel​

David is a relatively chill guy with a bit of a mouth on him. He's a bit of a smart ass, and has a tendency to be a little blunt with just about everyone (though there are exceptions). He's generally honest and isn't the best liar, prompting him to try and be as truthful as possible when he can (even if he leaves out a few details here and there). He's kindhearted and follows his own rules that don't necessarily always fall in line with the rules that society has placed. Growing up as a Puerto Rican kid in Jersey you begin to learn that things aren't always as black and white as some people might want you to believe. Criminals are more than just thugs and drug dealers; some may be legitimate scum, but they aren't all like that. He refuses to kill if it can be helped, not because he believe killing is never an option, but because he believes that killing should never be the first option. You have to try to find a better way, not because that's what is expect of you, but because that's what is right. In the end, regardless of whatever you think about David, he's just a guy trying to make the best of the hand he was dealt.​

David was born to Miguel Sierra and Priscilla Veguilla in the early Summer of 1999 on Earth-6101 (although at the time the idea of another Earth would have positively blown the child's mind). Things were about as normal as they could be in a world where the supernatural, extraordinary, and ostentatious were the norm. Larger than life heroes lived throughout the world keeping it as safe as they could from villains as infamous as they could get. Luckily, very little of those issues ever seemed to bleed over into David's humble life in New Jersey. He grew up with his mom and dad in the first floor apartment in his grandmother's home until he was about five. He couldn't understand it at the time, but his mother and father had split for whatever reason. His father would be promptly put on child support and granted visitation which worked out well enough for the first few years. That is until his father started sending him home early some weekends or even telling him it was better he not come at all.​
    David didn't understand it at first, but his mother had a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with his father's new woman. Regardless, David saw his father sporadically over the course of the next few years until his senior year of high school when he'd had enough and cut ties with his father. It was a difficult decision to make, especially because he would lose contact with two of his younger brothers (Miguel III & Ian). It didn't help that his mother kept trying to make him change his mind, and still does to this day. He threw himself into his studies, his work, his laughable social life. He did whatever he could to try and get his mind off things, only ever really putting in the work necessary to pass and do well enough. That is until he met his now best friend Jay in high school. He went to a relatively small place down in Hoboken and the guy was kind of a bully at the time with a crazy girlfriend who liked to flirt and mess around but act like she was the one being hit on. David, a particularly scrawny kid at the time, didn't stand a chance.​
    Sophomore year though, after a number of things changed, he got reacquainted with Jay and the two became fast friends. Jay had ambition, something David was sorely lacking. He began to try and be like his friend all the way through to the end of high school. Then, they fell out of touch for a while. David went off to college, and got kind of depressed being away from home and everything he knew. He started flunking out. He wasn't doing great. So, he moved back and went to the local community college. It was then that he learned that things were changing in Jersey, and not for the better. While he was getting his shit together and getting vastly better grades, he went on a trip to visit a few universities, his number one choice being New York's Empire State University. Now, he wasn't a big fan of the city, but ESU was (and is) one of the top schools just about anywhere boasting incredibly well in both the science and engineering departments. If he wanted to make his own goals come true (something he'd never considered having of his own) he had to go there.​
    But this trip... This trip was more than a typical college tour. While he was viewing some of the facilities he'd found himself and a few others getting a sneak peak at a new program that was being developed and run on site at the campus. It would help students get recognition for their work, grants for research, and possible jobs upon graduation. One project was gaining little traction though as a student's test subjects had all been either dying, or failed to produce results. David couldn't help but think it was for the best as it had to do with genetically altering or bioengineering spiders who could give rise to new a new generation of Spider-men. That wasn't something he was cool with. One Spider-man was all the world needed. He loved Spider-man, he'd even saved his life, but he wasn't sure anyone else would be as good natured a human as the one they had, or the previous Spider-man who'd passed before his time. What nobody noticed though was that one of the test subjects had escaped. It hitched a ride on David and went with him all the way back to Jersey. It wasn't until he got home that night that it's crawled off him onto the counter top where he'd been warming up his dinner. He attempted to pick it up and take it outside, a habit his mother had taught him. "Don't kill it if it ain't hurtin' you." But as he look into it's eyes, it's admittedly creepy eyes, it ran around on his hand and bit him.​
    That was the start of it all. The spider had died, or so he thought. He got his powers not long after that. Jay figured it out almost immediately and began to urge David to do something with them. But there was already a Spider-man, and he needed to focus on school. He had no interest in learning to use his power other than basic control to keep them under wraps. That is until he witnessed a robbery at gunpoint while he was in one of the small corner bodegas around his home. The guy was taking all the elderly couple had. He hid at first, not wanting to get involved or get hurt, but he immediately began to regret it as the man ran out. The old couple called the police, tried to get him to stay, but he ran after the guy. He trailed him from a few of the lower rooftops while in camo mode. His neighborhood had never been this bad. Was it that Shocker guy? The pumpkin headed freak? Since when were their super villains in Jersey?! It didn't matter. What mattered is his home needed a hero, and he didn't see any of the big fellas coming down to Jersey to help. Even the ones that could, like Ironman or any of the other Avengers. How many heroes did New York even need?​
    To keep a long story short. David made himself a suit with a little help from Jay and started his crime fighting career. But he was exclusively a Jersey hero, not that he'd stand by if he were to see something on his way to class. He's had a few adventures since then. Met Spider-man ("the real Spider-man" - David's words), fought Shocker, fought Jack O'Lantern, taken down thugs, and burglars, and a even saved a few guys from unnecessary deaths. Not bad for the new kid on the block. Or so he thought before he came face to face with Solara. She was unlike anything he'd ever seen. Nothing he tried to do worked. He ran for a day or two, tried to find help, but he didn't know many other heroes, and the ones he did know were out of town (way out of town). It wasn't long before the crazy bitch found him and brought him to another world leaving him to recuperate. Beaten, bruise, and bloody he tried to lay low while he healed up. But she was bringing more. He didn't know why, but he figured one of the best ways to survive was together. That was about a month or so ago. What happens now is anyone's guess.​

• Powers: David seems to have all the natural abilities associated with Spider-man. He has the ability to adhere to nearly all surfaces, enhanced senses (particularly his eye sight), superhuman equilibrium, strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, and durability. Additionally, David shares the trait of having the famed Spider Sense, an enhanced immune system and metabolism, and a regenerative healing factor. It should be noted that this healing factor is strong enough to heal broken bones in a matter of days (depending on severity), but is unlikely to do something as drastic as regrow a limb (even if it did it would take a considerably long time). However, David also has a few other abilities that aren't as common among the general Spider population. These powers are:​
    • Venomous Bite - David's canine were altered into retractable fangs which he can use to inject a powerful paralytic venom into his opponent. However, he tries to avoid doing so as it could be potential deadly if the target is not capable of handling it or treated properly and right away.
    • Camo Mode - David's body is capable of blending itself, and anything on his immediate person, into its surroundings. This give the illusion of invisibility. It's almost like he vanishes right into thin air.
    • Spider Speak - David has the ability to communicate with and if necessary control spiders within a 2 mile radius of himself. They can refuse commands if those commands will directly harm or kill them. He is also able to empathize with and understand them.

Abilities: David is incredibly intelligent, though nowhere near genius level. However, he does have something of an eidetic memory going for him; essentially, he can read, understand, and remember just about anything he sees. This is provided he wants to do so. He's also a pretty fast reader, which comes in handy when binge studying. He's also quick on his feet, as in good as coming up with ideas on the spot if needed.​

Skills: David is by no means a trained fight, but can still hold his own in a brawl (even if he has to fight a little dirty). He is a skilled mechanic and aspiring engineer, often capable of figuring out how stuff works, how to fix it, and how to make it better if needed. David is also a good cook, skilled free runner, basketball player, and writer. Overall, he's good with his hands.​

Weaknesses: While David is quite powerful and able to take quite a beating, he is by no means impervious. He can die via bullet wounds, falls from great heights, or if he experiences enough trauma. With time he may heal, but too much at once can still be deadly. However, apart from this, David does have a number of other weakness, such as:​
    • Ethyl Chloride - While it may seem comedic to think about, the pesticide ethyl chloride can be quite dangerous to David, especially in large enough quantities. It could even be deadly.
    • Spider Sense Disruption - Some chemicals in high enough dosages (regardless of his level of immunity) could render his spider sense inactive. Additionally, people or things not perceived as threats (immediate or otherwise) could leave it essentially useless.
    • Heights - David has a crippling fear of heights. Going up past a few stories can cause him to hyperventilate, double over in fear, or even pass out. Until he is able to overcome this issue he'll be much less effective for a considerable amount of time going forward.
    • Anxiety - For whatever reason (he's sure their is one, but refuses to talk about it regardless), David seems to suffer from anxiety which if left unchecked can lead to panic attacks, among other issues. Common triggers include being too high up, situations where he feels ganged up on or overwhelmed (emotionally, fights are totally different), and a few other issues that you won't here him talking about much (don't even try with the whole therapy thing, his grandma would kill him).
    Equipment: On a given day, David often has the following on his person:​
    • Backpack containing Spider-man costume, cellphone, wallet, and other miscellaneous items
    • Web shooters x2
    • Web cartridges
      • Normal webbing
      • Electro webbing
      • Ignition webbing
      • Medical Webbing
    • Spider Tracers x4
    • Vials of an antidote for his venom x3

• Goals: David's primary goal above all else is to do right by his family. He wants to graduate college, get a good job (he hopes to one day be able to start his own company), a make his home better. Most of all, he wants to make his mom proud.​

• Working with his hands
    • Fighting (don't tell ma)
    • Basketball
    • Learning (don't tell Jay... Just Kidding)
    • Action movies
    • Comic books and Anime
    • Cars, Technology, etc.
    • Video games (lord knows he hasn't been able to just sit and play in a minute)
    • Pressure (despite doing much of his best work under pressure)
    • Overly sweet foods (he might eat candy, but he doesn't enjoy in excess)
    • Alcohol (hates the tastes)
    • Abusers (had a bad experience, but also who does like them)
    • Being talked down to
    • Feeling like he isn't or can't live up to expectations (his average feeling)
    Greatest Rivals/Rogues: In his brief time as a hero David hasn't fought too many villains. However, there are a few who stand a cut above the rest in terms of assholery, and they are:​
    • Leonard "Leo" Monroe - The Shocker
      • Once a small time crook with minor connections to the mob, Monroe had big dreams of taking power away from the guys who called the shot. One night, during a small time heist with a couple of his boys (in Newark of all Places), 23-year-old Leo came across a cutting edge prototype combat suit. He'd always had plans, but never a way to back up his big talk. This suit was the ticket to respect and power. In only two years, Leo took over a good amount of the unorganized gangs and criminals in Jersey and put em all together as The Shocker. There weren't many of the hero type who could compete with him in Jersey until David came along. They haven't gone toe to toe too many times, but things became personal for David when one of Shocker's attacks brought down a Boys&Girls Club in Hoboken, for no other reason than to get Spider-man out in the open to fight him. It doesn't help that the few times David has captured Shocker, the bastard walked. David doesn't know who's helping him behind the scenes, but he's gonna figure it out and put him away for good one day.
    • Jeremy Klein - Jack O'Lantern
      • What do you get when you mix a lonely, insecure, middle aged man with an obsession with the supernatural and a demonic spirit out looking to let loose and have himself a little fun? You guessed it! You get a mad ghoul with a penchant for destruction and a literally wicked sense of humor. Thrown in a little salvaged and re-purposed Goblin tech and you've got a frightening trifecta of a bad time. In all honesty, Klein was the perfect target for Jack and with his smarts, he's probably the most terrible tool in Jack's arsenal (which says a lot when he's got pumpkin bombs, chains, hooks, and blades for days. But David knows under all of it, is a good man. A man being eaten away by insanity and corruption, but a good man all the same. If only he could find a way to separate the man from the demon. Even so, with his mind as whacked out as it is, Klein is just as much an issue and Jack and it doesn't help that the man can transform at will (provided certain conditions be met). Luckily, their general need for excitement has kept their terror fairly tame for the year or two he's been around. But how long can David rely on that before they make the full on transition to serial killing madman?
    Theme Music: Higher - The Score

• Priscilla Veguilla
    David's mother and biggest source of inspiration. She's a strong woman who, despite having issues with her own mental and emotional problems, still works hard to make sure her children have everything they need. She has high expectations of David, but no more so than one would expect from a mother. Priscilla does various odd jobs to make ends meat, with a little help from her on again, off again baby daddy Rafael.​
    Rafael "Malito" Argenal
    Rafael may not be married to Priscilla, but that does stop her and David from calling him the step-dad every once in a while. He's isn't always the most financially reliable and has a habit of starting fights and arguments with Priscilla, but somehow manages to make sure the family knows he always has their backs. David has a begrudging respect for him even if he doesn't always like the man.​
    Rafi & Xavier
    Rafi (14-years-old) and Xavier (1-year-old) are David's young brothers and Rafael's biological children with Priscilla. David would do anything for them. He doesn't always see eye to eye with Rafi, and sometimes tries to avoid holding or spending too much alone time with Xavier, but he still loves them dearly.​
    Jason "Jay" Alvarez
    David's partner-in-crime, confidant, and most trusted (don't forget BEST) friend. Jay's known David since he was a sophomore in high school. It was rocky start for sure, but the two have been tight ever since. He's got big dreams, and bigger plans to make them come true. He's basically David's brother, and just as much Priscilla's child as her three boys are.​
    {Insert Name Here}
    [Description from your character's POV.}​

spidersona_1_2_by_curatorexatrum_dcvm9j2-fullview.jpg

"If one more person makes a short joke, they're gonna lose one of their six arms"​

• Name: Joaquin Rafael Alvarez​

Alias: Will O The Wisp​

Date of Birth: September 2nd, 2010​

Height: 5'4​

Weight: 129 Pounds​

Hair Color: Dark brown​

Eye Color: Brown​

Joaquin is a little bit difficult to pinpoint, growing up in a place where you have basically fight for food, he learned to keep to himself and not trust others who could easily stab you in the back. While it takes time for him to trust others, Joaquin has a heart of gold and will fight for the people closest to him. He also has a lot of inner conflict with himself including how to properly emulate his feelings, which can come off as sarcastic and sometimes insulting.​

Joaquin was born in a difficult homelife, he was too young to remember most of his childhood but what he did remember was his loving memories with his mother, tucking him in at night, snuggling next to him and at times calming him down when he was scared. His last memory he remembered with his parents was him shanking his mother who looked hurt and an ambulance taking her away, a sad memory that the boy blocked out of his mind to cope with the trauma.

His parents were seen to be unfit to parent an 8-year-old Joaquin, so the boy was sent to live at the St. Agnes Orphanage. It was the most difficult point of his life, for the first month the boy didn't speak at all, which would lead to teasing and bullying, he felt like he was on his own until he met Sister Abigail, she helped Joaquin get through the trauma in his life and make him feel more again. Sister Abigail showed him how to stand up for himself, to not be afraid about who he is and to always do the right thing. Joaquin took most of those things to heart, but one day he got so tired of the constant bullying that the boy took out his frustration on one of the bullies, giving the kid a black eye and a swollen lip, while the bullies did leave him alone after that, so did all the other kids which made him an outsider.

From there the boy went on a more negative path, the boy be pessimistic about everything and refused to talk to anyone, even Sister Abigail couldn't even get to him, it was up to Joaquin to get out of this by himself, that was until he turned 12 years old and met a new Kid, Benjamin Wheeler, who he quickly took interest in, while he was a pain in his ass at first, Benji (His nickname for him) wouldn't stop talking to him and annoying him, they soon later bonded about feeling alone and became close friends, even leading to Joaquin growing feelings for the boy.

A year later a large organization bought out the St. Agnes Orphanage as well as dozens of other Orphanages all around the state, from a company known as Oscorp. This all lead to a restructure of the owned orphanages throughout the city, along with tighter security and a new look. It looked like everything around him were changing, especially since kids started leaving way more frequently like ever before, normally that wouldn't be suspicious but when they start disappearing throughout the night, you start to keep an eye out.

This all leads to the Joaquin following one of the kids being taken by a couple of men in suits, they then discovered an underground lab that was filled with things that you would see in a science fiction film, the boy began to explore the place and found that there was a facility filled with large containers, with all the kids that had been 'adopted'. So, when the boy went to escape the lab, he had a surprise happen to him, a spider had bitten him on the arm. When the boy began to experience his abilities, he confided in his friend who was just as excited as he was, the two worked together on how to properly use his powers and even made a suit to wear to fight crime, even though Joaquin didn't want to initially

The rest to be revealed…

Just like most Spider-people, Joaquin has many of the same powers as the others, including enhanced Agility, Durability, leap, reflexes and senses. Other abilities such as spider-sense and wallcrawling are also apart of his powerset, His healing factor helps heal marks and external wounds, but only having his abilities for a year, his healing factor won't heal bones and internal wounds. Joaquin also has abilities are specific to him:

Ignus Fatuus: Joaquin has an ability that when someone is touched from his fingertips or bite, can cause the victim to hallucinate and makes them feel dizzy, sometimes seeing things such as past trauma events, people who have died or anything the mind can muster. If the touch is held for long lengths of time, the person can pass out or be put into a seizure, sometimes even death

Living basically by his own and at his accords, Joaquin acquired some abilities from his daily life as well from his abilities, such as having a good sense of his surroundings and awareness, the boy also has a good sense of people, which makes it difficult for him to make friends. Joaquin also has a good sense of hearing from certain distances, he can usually tell when he feels someone is following him.

After being trained by his mentor, the boy was trained on basic martial arts and defense skills, while also using them without too much use of sight, While he isn't skilled in any science or math trades, he is good with his hands and thinking on the spot.

While many Spider-people have enhanced strength, it seems Joaquin hadn't acquired this trait and has a hard time even lifting a person, let alone a car. His ability Ignus Fatuus can make Joaquin tired and weak if used too often or for too long, sometimes making him pass out.

• Goals:​
    As of right now, Joaquin's main goal is to get off this planet and get back to see Benji again, whatever means necessary, but his goal on his earth is to take down Oscorp and to free the children that were kidnapped from them.

While he loves to fight crime and taking out his anger on his rouges, the boy also likes to chill out and draw as a hobby, sometimes the city lights would make him feel anxious so taking hikes and drawing in quiet places was his favorite places to be.

Joaquin could make you a long list of everything he dislikes, probably more dislikes than likes in his life, but the major things he disliked were those who manipulate and use people for their personal gain, it made him feel infuriated knowing people would step on others they felt were beneath them.

Norman Osborn:
    One of the most powerful people in the world, Norman Osborn is the face of OSCORP, but Joaquin knows him personally as a kidnapper and a murderer, the two have run into each other in and out of costume, while Norman has no idea who he really is, he vows to take down OSCORP and take down his whole legacy, whatever it takes.

The Spot (Carter Montgomery)
    Joaquin's first rouge he ever fought, Joaquin's first encounter with him was a bank robbery a couple of blocks from the St. Agnes, while he escaped after a good fight, Joaquin was able to track him down and take him down, becoming his first-ever arrest. Carter Montgomery was once a scientist working for Norman Osborn where he was working on technology that could transport a person from one place to another just by walking into a black circle. After being fired for fresher blood, Carter made a suit out of the project he made and used it to become a bank robber.

• "He's kind of my rock, before I met him I was even worse than I am now. We have been through a lot, kinda have a shared trauma between us."​

"Okay. So, here's how this is gonna go."​

• Name: Eva C. Gomez ("Miss Gomez")

Alias: Spider-Byte, the Unstoppable​

Date of Birth: 04/02/00

Height: 5' 3" / 160 cm​

Weight: 121 lbs / 55 kg​

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

• Personality:
    > your friendly neighborhood opportunist
    > opti-pragmatist
    > arrogance is attractive
    > fake it til you make it
    > chronic snarking condition
    > control addict
    > can't sit still, gotta move, gotta move
    > people-person
    > legion queen
    > no one too small. no one not enough.​

History:
    " Let's start from the beginning ...

Queens, '18-- without warning. Half the organic life forms on the Pale Blue Dot fall to ash. Five years later, we're still sifting through the piles, trying to make sense of it all. Many of the world's heroes are long-gone. If there's any sign that what they thought was working wasn't -- do you see an Iron-Man? A Spider-Man?

Do you think the Avengers have time to spare for the little guys? The ones still mourning?

Not that everyone is. Unfortunately, the Snap didn't take half of New York's criminals, just added to the body count. Riots like brush-fire down the Aves. A district-wide peak in violent crimes and gang activity.

Some of you have learned the hard way: things haven't stopped moving after the Snap. The people who haven't lived New York these past few years, they might need a wake-up-call. So I'll lay it straight: the system failed. Your organization of demi-gods meant to protect the world was overpowered, and now it can barely defend a city. It's still scrambling to pick itself up, after half a decade.

The riots are over, and it's not because of you. New York is healing; projects are popping up to recover our beautiful city -- no help to you. Your excuses are placid and empty. The little man are filling in where you wouldn't come.

We're fed up. It doesn't mean we won't accept help. But we don't need you, and that's a difference you can feel. We don't need your "heroes" anymore.

Bawk at the means if you want -- compare the ends.

If you want to argue and force your way back to where you're unwanted, honestly, feel free -- try it. You're on the home field. We're inescapable in Queens. You couldn't go a mile without seeing our mark, hearing the people whisper our name. It's true: some people fear us. But they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them.

That would make them an enemy. You don't wanna cross that line.

Legion. Peace.

(Transmission end.)

• Powers:
    ...wh-why do you ask?

Abilities:
    • Intelligence; where she lacks in sophistry and life experience, she makes up with well-rounded pragmatism and problem-solving. She can think fast under pressure and adapts quickly to what's needed to fulfill her ambitions.
    • Charisma; while self-made through vigilantism, her real rise to power is through persuasion and lock-tight image control. She can get a read on people easily and surrounds herself accordingly.
    • Empathy; it matters more than you might think. (Often contends with ambition.)
    • Physically conditioned - with trained reflexes and athletic ability.

Skills:
    • Has a BS in IT security and a minor in programming. She's practiced hacking from a young age, so she knows her way around computers, especially in regards to privacy -- enforcing her own and challenging others'.
    • Has some fundamental knowledge of robotics and engineering to the extent she can alter and, on a small scale, replicate existing technologies.
    • Can eat anything moderately edible.

Weaknesses:
    Well, there's only so much tech can do.

Spider-Byte is a light-weight, short and compact, with a low torso. She has no measures for a long fight; she can get whittled down. And, uh, there's only so much tech can do -- though she definitely has a trump card up her sleeve, hell yeah.

As a character, she struggles enormously with her pride. As much as she lives by helping the people of Queens, there's nothing that quashes that altruism faster than being made to feel inadequate. And it doesn't have to be intended. A stubborn obligation to her vows can be self-destructive to Spider-Byte too as she can-- often will-- bum-rush situations, insistent on heading up the front-lines.

Byte also needs control. She venerates it. It will make itself clear in extended conversations and within a group dynamic. She is possessive of her identity and right to personal privacy -- it's part of why she studied what she did. So she dons the mask unconditionally and obsessively. She will never answer to her first name, only her father's, "Gomez," and that's only if she pays you.

If she loses her anonymity, Spider-Byte would surely lose everything else about herself. All the walls would come tumbling, tumbling down.​

Equipment:
    • The costume is made up of two parts. The lower layer is a classic spandex-type suit, its material more simulating spider thread, making it highly tear- and pierce-resistant. The upper layer consists of the bulkier cowl and coat elements which are both element-resistant as well as bullet-proof around the torso. This layer is also removable; when Byte makes daylight appearances, it's in just the suit.
    • Around her wrists are web-slingers adapted to shoot taser-like wires: the same distance, but trading considerable adhesion for that debilitating electric shock.
    • She carries a grappling hook on a hardy wire - more consistent for actually scaling things.
    • The eyes of her mask are night-vision goggles with an additional surveillance view. These Sensies are fragile but increase Spider-Byte's acuity tenfold, able to detect delicate sounds and movements based on an adjustable level of sensitivity. These were set to enter the market before the Snap, so they aren't one-hundred-percent Spider-Byte's concept, but the adjustable sensitivity was, and that's all that matters to her.
    • Reinforcing her in the field while keeping a watchful eye on the bugged-out citizens below: the Legion! A system of spider surveillance drones about the size of a palm. They can deploy spider trackers as well as project Spider-Byte's voice. She can look through the Legion's eyes through her own, the Sensies -- another genius alteration, if she does say so herself.
    • There's another project underway -- needs some polish. You can't be too careful. Can never be too busy.

• Goals:
    Out of reach within the shadows, surrounded by figures smarter than herself -- this is how Spider-Byte purports will best protect the people of Queens. Whether or not those in her turf from Linden to the coast are happy with the to-and-fro of her arachnid surveillance system, her restoration projects have largely bettered the community.

Recently -- say a month prior -- the Unstoppable Science-Squad (her name for them) picked up on a dimensional flux, pinned it, returned more recently to reassess. It had been more than a brief glitch in the matrix: more a succession of rifts around the same time, centering in the same location: New York City.

Spider-Byte has only taken up "field missions" recently, taking risen gang violence into her own hands. That vigilantism would become further necessitated with the theory that perhaps these rifts were being made as a means of transportation.

In other words, Byte is farther in her plan than she initially thought...​

Likes: Grudges; barbecue sauce; invertebrates; that half-melted thing you're not gonna eat; graphic novels; FPS games.​

Dislikes: Spending money; naggers; sitting still; hitting too hard; people with magic, blessed gifts who don't have to work to solve their problems 'cause they can just turn green or shoot lightning; pessimists.​

Greatest Rivals/Rogues:
    • Bruce Banner with whom she holds more a tense relationship than an outright rivalry. Also stationed in New York, the big guy's diplomacy is quickly draining as Spider-Byte's clutch on Queens tightens. He doesn't want her territory to grow, but he acknowledges her actions are to the benefit of the people -- and obviously can't trust her enough to quit breathing down Byte's neck. She despises him for it.
    • ???

• Last Living Relative: Admiral Johnathan Gomez
    Gyro Gomez, her father (estranged), once a compatriot of Stark's and military-tech tycoon, now retired in Staten Island. He has never stopped mourning the loss of their family while she honors their memories by moving forward, something he cannot understand. He doesn't know his Eva is Spider-Byte.​

???
    ???​
(Technically a work-in-progress because I might give her a true nemesis, and I definitely want at least one more relationship related to the science squad.)

full
I'll sketch something when I have access to my tablet.
"Don't sweat it: let's finish our coffee before we save the city."

"My pae's an astronomer, so he gave me and my sister star themed names - cool, right?"
    Orion Santos.

"Y'know, like Wolfgang Mozart?"
    Wolfgang.

"Twenty-two years young."

Date of Birth:
    "I was born in autumn, my favourite season. Autumn colours are so pretty, right?"
    14th October 1996.

"Almost tall enough to scare myself from the height, aha!"
    6'0.

"These muscles don't weigh nothing... pai's cooking doesn't either."
    84kg.

Hair Colour:​
    "Like obsidian!"
    Black.

Eye Colour:
    "I inherited my pretty amber eyes from my pai."
    Amber.

"I'm a pretty chill guy. My mae says I'm too chill..."
    Orion has a reputation for being a laid-back guy, taking life as it comes. However he has no sense or urgency, which isn't the best trait for a super-hero to have. Orion's an easy guy to get along with, owing to his friendly attitude and endless patience. He may seem confident from his ease in any social situation, but he actually craves approval from others and will take criticism to heart. Orion is a creative soul, and will get antsy without a creative outlet.

"Let's do this one last time..."
    Oscorp Labs had been trying to convince the genius pathologist Marcia Santos to join to their laboratories for many years, but had little success... that was until Marcia unexpectedly became pregnant with a second child. With the Santos family already short on money, Marcia finally relented and accepted the job offer for the considerable pay rise to support her family. So the Santos family moved to a comfortable area of New York, where Orion was born. Despite being born in New York, Orion's parents made an effort to raise him surrounded by Brazilian culture, resulting in him considering it a significant part of his identity.

The day Orion was bitten was as peaceful as any other. Orion was searching through his mae's bag to fetch her purse, when a spider hidden in the bag bit him. It didn't especially hurt, so Orion disposed of the spider and promptly forgot about the bite. It was during capoeira practice a few days later Orion first noticed his powers: everyone else's movements seemed comparatively sluggish, and he just knew how everyone else was going to move. That one he was able to shrug off - suddenly manifesting claws? Not so much. It was only with the help of his hacker friend Maya, who had noticed Orion's eyes glowing while walking home together one night, that Orion was able to figure out he'd gained supernatural powers from one of Oscorp's experimental spiders. Initially Orion was confused about what to do with his powers, as anyone rightfully would be; that changed the night his sister Nova died. In the chaos of a super-villain attack, Nova was flung from a high-rise building and fell to her death. It was from that point on it became clear to Orion that it was his duty to protect those around him. Protecting the world seemed a bit ambitious, but maybe he could at least keep New York safe.

Eventually Orion grew accustomed to being the superhero Wolfgang. Competing with his rival Carapace and foiling the plans of the super-villain Echo became as normal as his day-job at the bakery. But everything got turned upside-down once more when Solara abducted Orion to another Earth.

Note: There will be more details of Orion's past in the relationship's section.

"I'mma spider-man, so I got the usual spider powers - 'cept for the wall-clinging."
    Orion has most of the usual spider powers: enhanced strength, enhanced agility, enhanced stamina, spider-sense, and a healing factor. The most prominent of these abilities is his enhanced agility/speed: Orion can move much faster and with more grace than most other spider-people. His spider-sense primarily manifests itself in intuitively predicting people's movements, such as the next move an opponent might make in a fight. This intuition can be fooled by those who make use of feints and the like though. Notably absent is wall-clinging, a power which has entirely skipped over Orion.

"I was bitten by a wolf spider. Awoooooooo!"
    Wolf spiders are known for burrowing rather than climbing. Orion can transform his hands into spade-like claws which produce an acidic substance that erodes the earth (but not biological matter). The combination of digging and erosion allows Orion to burrow underground relatively quickly (at roughly a jogging speed). His breathing is adapted to be able to breathe while underground for a short period of time, but after a minute he needs to return above ground for air. Orion's other unique power inherited from wolf spiders are his 'sniper eyes'. When using his 'sniper eyes' power Orion can: see detail from incredible distances, with around 20/2 acuity; when within 20 metres pick up on subtle muscle movements, allowing him to predict people's movements with greatly increased accuracy from his usual intuition; see in the dark as well as he can in normal light.

"Being bitten gifted me my eyesight, my parents gifted me my hearing."
    Before getting bitten Orion's hearing was well above average, but not quite super-human. In particular, Orion was good at pinpointing the origin location of sounds. Since getting bitten this ability has been somewhat amplified so that he can pinpoint sounds which might be muffled by a thick wall or the like.

"Don't sweat it, there's always a solution to any problem."
    Being a creative soul Orion is able to come up with imaginative solutions to problems on the spot, and lateral thinking is like second nature to him.

"Mae taught me Capoeira, the type focused on self-defence. Nova was always better at it though."
    Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art which incorporates dance and music. Some may underestimate it due to it dance influences, but they won't make that mistake twice after being hit by a spinning kick. Prior to being bitten Orion was fairly adept at Capoeira but only practised it casually; since being bitten he's been working harder on mastering the martial art.

"I made this necklace myself - s'pretty, right?"
    One of Orion's hobbies is jewellery-making, and he has become adept enough at it to start selling his works. Jewellery-making has also improved his general hand-eye coordination and hand dexterity.

"So, I'm more of'a ground spider. "
    Orion is terrified of heights. Anything above two stories (when outside of a building, he can go higher when inside) makes him anxious, anything above six stories is likely to give him a panic attack.Orion will deny his fear of heights with a joking facade.

"The eye-glow is pretty... pretty noticeable."
    When Orion uses his 'sniper eyes' ability his eyes give off a noticeable glow, making stealth impossible. The glow casts beams of faint light, so when in a dark environment they gives away where he is looking too.

"I'm built for dodging punches, not taking them."
    Being a superhuman, Orion could probably take a few hits from normal humans. Super-humans? Not so much. When fighting against super-human enemies Orion will go down quickly if he's hit.

"I prefer to travel light, so I don't carry much. Definitely don't waste space on weapons."
    - Aquamarine necklace.
    - Light-weight spider-suit, which includes a respirator for breathing underground.
    - 3 smoke bombs.
    - 3 intense firecrackers, for distractions.
    - Web-rope, primarily for tying things up rather than climbing.
    - Noise-cancelling ear protection, for when fighting Echo.

"I'm gonna make jewellery full-time some day!"
    As much as he enjoys working at the Diaz bakery, Orion aspires to turn his jewellery business into a full-time job.

"It'd be pretty sweet if all'f the villains would chill out, right?"
    Orion wants to help New York become a more peaceful city.

"A high-school bully mocked me for having girly tastes once. Nova... she beat their ass."
    - Sweet foods, especially coffee with 3 sugars and brigadeiro.
    - Classical and electronic music.
    - Creative hobbies. While jewellery-making is his favourite, Orion also enjoys baking, helping Maya remix music, and sewing.
    - Collecting shiny objects, which he proudly displays on his shelves like a magpie.
    - Keeping fit. Orion regularly visits to gym and practices capoeira.

"I'm telling you, socks are just wrong!"
    - Heights, although he won't readily admit it.
    - Being alone, and by extension silence.
    - Studying. Orion was never very good at sitting still and focusing at school.
    - Socks. For some unknown reason Orion hates socks, and will take them off at any opportunity.
    - Tragedies and any depressing movie/book/etc.

"There was a time when me and Vic---Carapace fought constantly. Now things are more chill between us."
    The pair first met after Wolfgang had just finished heated battle with a minor super-villain. Carapace scolded Wolfgang for creating unnecessary damages with his reckless digging, to which Wolfgang replied with a silly face before burrowing away - thus their bickering began. Whenever the pair met they argued and picked at each other's hero-ing methods, Carapace having a unique talent for making he usually laid-back Wolfgang lose his usual cool. After a particularly nasty run-in with Echo the pair talked their differences out though, and these days they're more friendly rivals. Sometimes you would even believe they're intentionally working together, and didn't just accidentally run into each other.

"Fighting Echo always leaves me feeling dizzy..."
    Echo began terrorising New York a year after Wolfgang emerged as a hero, quickly rising to become one of New York's top threats with her noxious sound attacks. From what Wolfgang and his allies can tell, Echo is a conspiracy theorist who believes themselves to be exposing evil government plots with their attacks. While Echo seems to be crazed for the the most part, they seem to know something about the Oscorp experiments.

• Marcia Santos.
    "Ever since I got bitten by that dang spider things have become kinda complicated between me and my mae..."
    Before getting bitten Orion was close to his mother. Even though she often had to work late for Oscorp Labs, she always made time to spend with Orion, and taught him to defend himself. Since being bitten Orion has become aware that his mother is somehow involved in the suspicious spider experiments, causing him to become wary around her. With both of them having packed schedules it was easy to make excuses, resulting in them gradually growing apart over the last few years. Despite not spending much time together anymore, they still care about one another very much.
    Antonio Santos.
    "I pretty sure my pae was bitten by a cheerleader."
    Antonio is a man of seemingly endless enthusiasm, and supporting his son is no exception. You can bet whenever Orion posts his latest creation on social media, Antonio will be the first to comment. Orion loves sharing his creative pursuits with his dad, although lately he hasn't been visiting home as often.

Nova Santos.
    "Nova always protected me... if I only I coulda protected her too."
    When she was alive Nova was highly protective of her naive little brother. Orion regrets he couldn't protect her in turn, and has pledged to protect New York in her name.

Maya Diaz.
    "Maya's my partner in crime, the jam to my toast."
    As a child Orion would often visit the Diaz bakery, as it was the only local place which sold Brazilian sweets. The baker's daughter, Maya, befriended Orion by dragging him into her mischievous schemes, for which Orion would get the pair out of trouble with his innocent smile. As the pair grew older their dynamic never changed, just their methods: Maya caused trouble with her sharp tongue and hacking, while Orion would get her out of trouble with his smooth talking. While Maya seems troublesome to others Orion knows she always pull through when needed, and he trusts her with his life. Maya is the one of two people who knows Orion is Wolfgang, and she helps him however she can with his superhero duties. Maya and Orion both work at the Diaz bakery currently.

Victor Keene, aka Carapace.
    "Vic-kun has such a tight ass... I mean he's such a tight ass!"
    After a nasty run in with Echo, Carapace and Wolfgang retreated with damaged suits and severe injuries. It was Wolfgang who first unsuited, the desire to treat his injuries properly easily out-weighing his desire to keep his identity secret. With his strong sense of justice, Carapace only felt it was fair he reveal his entity too. Orion recognised Carapace as the infamous ice prince in his year at school, and with this connection sparked a long conversation where they talked through their differences. After that, Orion (and by extension Maya) began hanging around Victor at school. Initially Victor protested, being the lone-wolf sort, but these days his complaints about Orion and Maya bothering him are all in good humour. After finishing school Victor moved away for university, still keeping in touch with Orion while he was away. Having completed his studies Victor has recently returned to New York, which may have stirred some old romantic feelings within Orion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in this, just slacking.

Reserving this spot for my CS.

PlATPua.png

Doesn't have a costume.
But here's her werewolf form:
Uoofgeo.png

"Quote from Character"​

• Name: Laila Skovgaard​

Alias: N/A​

Date of Birth: October 26th 1992​

Human Form: 5' 11"​
    Werewolf Form: 8' 5"​

Human Form: 328lbs (her weight is a result of her Asgardian physiology)
    Werewolf Form: 826lbs​

Hair Color: Black​

Human Form: Blue-grey​
    Werewolf Form: Reddish Orange​

Note1: The intensity of Laila's emotions can be estimated by the amount of burning reddish-orange that floods her irises. If it is strong enough, it can affect her enchanted chain, which in turn will glow and singe her skin as the magic attempts to keep the rage and beast at bay.

Note2: When 'unchained' or free of the dampening abilities of her bracelet Laila's body begins to scar with markings akin to tightly wrapped chains burned into her flesh. The most prominent scars appear on her wrists, forearms, ankles, mid section and around her neck.

| Calm | Affable | Loyal | Supportive | Protective | Hot-tempered | Vengeful | Brutal (literally)​

Born in Asgard, Laila was quickly brought to Vanheim shortly after. The Asgardian's believed that the Vanir would be better equipped to handle and raise a child like her. In that process Laila's mother was erased from her mind just as she was erased from Valkyrie's.​
    The first time the young girl showed any sign of her abilities, the Vanir were quick to step up. Asking the Dwarves to forge a chain which the Vanir themselves would enchant, it was given to the girl as a gift and a safety precaution. Laila has never taken it off since.​
    Ending up on earth is something Laila herself is not quite clear on in honesty. Her memories have always been a jumbled mess. She knows who her (earthly) parents are, and she knows that she's different from others; information that she's mostly kept to herself. Laila truly doesn't have any issues or complaints with her current life, and although her goals are to be in control of herself and what she is, there's a part of her that is also hoping for some answers or at least an explanation to her situation.​

Asgardian Descendant of the Fenris Wolf
    • Transmorph Shapeshifter:
      • Has an alternate werewolf form.
    • Size Alteration (werewolf form only):
      • As rage builds and consumes her, Laila grows larger and stronger while in her werewolf form.
    Note3:This ability is restricted while she wears her dampening chain.
    • Supernatural Senses: Being of beastly origin Laila possesses largely enhanced senses of a greater level than those of certain animals, both of natural and even some of mythical origins.
      • She can hear distant sounds more clearly than most creatures.
      • She can identify and track her prey purely by scent alone
      • She is also capable of seeing in the dark.
    • Supernatural Strength:
      • Human form: Can lift (press) about 40 tons under optimal conditions.
      • Werewolf Form: Can lift (press) about 130 tons under optimal conditions.
    Note4:These capabilities are restricted due to her dampening chain.

Note5:The actual limit to her strength in either form has not been studied enough to yield results.
    • Enhanced Speed
    • Enhanced Agility
    • Supernatural Stamina:
      • Can exert herself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue impairs her.
    • Supernaturally Dense Tissue:
      • Skin, muscle, and bone tissues of Asgardians is about 3 times as dense as the same tissue of a human body, contributing to her superhuman strength and weight.
    • Supernatural Durability:
      • Her body is considerably more resistant to physical injury than the bodies of human beings. Capable of withstanding conventional injury including great impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes and falls from great heights without sustaining physical injury.
    • Regenerative Healing Factor:
      • Despite her natural durability, it is possible for Laila to sustain injury. However, if injured, her highly advanced metabolism enables her to recover with superhuman speed and efficiency.
    Note6: According to Doom during an Asgardian vivisection, a normal Asgardian can heal from having their heart removed for five minutes after the removal in addition to having his or her neural system continue to function normally.
    • Supernatural Longevity:
      • The Asgardians are extremely long-lived, but they are not truly immortal like the Olympian gods. They age at a much slower rate, but they are not immune to the effects of aging. Their bodies are also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infection.

• Combat Proficiency.
    • Weapon Proficiency.
    • Allspeak.

• Kick Boxing.
    • Excellent driver.
    • Handy.
    • Can play the guitar.

• Silver.
    • Magic.
    • Psychic / psionics.
    • High-frequency sounds.
    • Extreme low-frequency sounds.
    • Bright flashes of light when in the darkness.
    • Extremely strong scents.
    • Her own anger and rage.
    • Her fear of her wolf half.
    • Her dampening chain.

• Enchanted chain necklace that severely dampens her abilities.

• Goals: The main thing Laila is hoping to achieve overall in life right now is to gain better control of herself. Her anger, fear and what she is.​

• Listening to music.
    • Reading books.
    • Playing Sports.
    • Driving.
    • Eating.

• Being Alone for too long.
    • Small, tight and cramped spaces.
    • When people lie to her. (she can smell it)
    • People being afraid of her. (she can smell it)
    • Losing control.
    • Getting Angry.
    • Peas.

Greatest Rivals / Rogues: N/A​

Theme Music:

• Brunnhilde / Samantha Parrington / Valkyrie
    Unknown to her, Samantha is Laila's mother, their relationship is non-existent as Samantha is completely unaware of Laila's existence. Her memory having been wiped after giving birth to her.​

Fenris Wolf
    Having fathered several children, the shape shifting god is totally unaware of Laila's existence.​

Loki Laufeyson
    Loki is Laila's grandfather. She's never met him but he certainly has an interest in her and what her destiny is. He keeps a close eye on her without intervening much in her life.​

name

relationship​

Last edited:
Reserved for "The Amazing Night-Monkey Spider-Prowler". Sheet will come ASAP.

I was beginning to think that you lost interest lol. You in and/or planning on joining the Discord server or would you rather not?

Reactions: mr_pibbs
I was beginning to think that you lost interest lol. You in and/or planning on joining the Discord server or would you rather not?

Nope, haha. Just been a bit pre-occupied with other stuff so I've been slacking with RPs xD

I'm still in for this, will join the Discord too.

WIP

ddde9sf-252516c3-b14a-4a11-87ba-9496a0c42bd0.png

file

"And it glows in the dark!"

ddef00m-476f95b2-7c23-45da-87a3-8f0d0d411e32.gif

"Alright, let's do this one last
time..."

• Name:

Aaron Aikman

Alias:

"The Prowler"
    (he's officially known as "Spider-Man" in his universe, but the nickname just sort of stuck)

Date of Birth:

Born: 04/16/4587

Eyes:

Light Brown

Hair:

Dark Brown, Unkempt and Long.

Height:

5'9''

Weight:

140 lbs

Build:

Athletic, Slightly Muscular, but mostly Skinny

Complexion:

Pale

Bloodtype:

O

Voice:

Click Here

• Personality:

"If you're looking for a Radioactive Spider… Sorry to disappoint."

History:

{Use this space to get out just about everything you think is essential to know about your character, their universe, etc. I'd prefer not to read a book, but sometimes the biggest sacrifices require the strongest wills. So, let me have em.}​

• Powers:

"Does whatever a Spider can..."

(First half taken from the Marvel Wiki with alterations, last half concerning 'self-biogenetic webbing' is my own).

Wall-Crawling: The Prowler's DNA induces a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of interatomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to the Prowler's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. At one point, the Prowler was able to prevent his universe's Scorpion from taking his mask off by making it stick to his face.

Superhuman Strength: The Prowler possesses superhuman strength enabling him to press lift many tons. The Prowler's physical strength is sufficient enough to enable him to lift and throw objects as heavy as a big rig semi truck with ease. He must also pull his punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, his blows would prove fatal to a normal human being. He has demonstrated that he is strong enough to knock out people with normal durability with as little as a tap to the head. As such, he rarely lets himself use all of his strength. The Prowler's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound. The Prowler demonstrated this when he leaped over thirty feet vertically into the air when he first leaped out of the way of an oncoming car; it should also be noted that when he first discovered his powers as a teenager, they had not developed to that of his prime.

Superhuman Speed: The Prowler is capable of running and moving at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. The Prowler has shown to be fast enough to catch up to an accelerating car while on foot, but prefers to travel by webs. The Prowler moves faster than the eye can follow, he has even moved so fast he appears as a blur. The Prowler was able to easily outrun multiple goblin masquerades on goblin gliders, and outmaneuver their ranged attacks at the same time.

Superhuman Stamina: The Prowler's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, the Prowler can physically exert himself at his peak capacity for several hours before the buildup of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. Several accounts depict the Prowler as able to hold his breath for eight minutes or more, when his suit isn't adapting to his environment as quickly as he needs it to.

Superhuman Durability: The Prowler's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. The Prowler's body is durable to the point where tensing his super-strong muscles while being punched in the torso by a trained heavyweight boxer caused the attacker's wrists to break; also, the Prowler has stated that he must roll with punches thrown by people without similar strength or durability to avoid breaking their wrists.

Superhuman Agility: The Prowler's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. The Prowler is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines.

Regenerative Healing Factor: The Prowler has a low-level rapid healing factor. While not on Wolverine's level, it is sufficiently powerful enough to recover from severe injuries from broken bones and large amounts of tissue damage in a matter of hours.

Contaminant Immunity: Due to his accelerated metabolism, the Prowler has a higher tolerance for drugs and diseases than normal humans, and he can recover from the effects of larger doses rapidly. His resistance and recovery time to other toxins and diseases varies, but is typically significantly higher than normal. However, the Prowler has the normal human tolerance for alcoholic beverages.

Superhuman Equilibrium: The Prowler possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow.

Superhuman Reflexes: The Prowler's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about forty times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, or even gunfire, given sufficient distance. The Prowler has even been shown in some cases, to be able to dodge gunfire using just his reflexes without his Spider-Sense.

Spider-Sense: The Prowler possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warns him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation in the back of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him to evade most threats, unless he cognitively overrides his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown, though it appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general response on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. The Prowler's spider-sense is directional and can guide him to or away from hidden weapons and enemies.Sudden and extreme threats can cause his spider-sense to react with painful intensity. The Prowler can also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by an artificial intelligence. Using his spider-sense to time his enhanced reflexes, the Prowler can casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire, provided there is sufficient distance. His spider-sense is sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes to the point that a threat can trigger them even when the Prowler is asleep or stunned. His spider-sense has helped him preserve his secret identity since it alerts him to observers or cameras when changing into or out of his costume. The spider-sense does react to those who Aaron does not consider to be a threat, such as Howard, or when a fellow hero makes a bluff while playing poker. The Prowler can choose to ignore his spider-sense, and distraction or fatigue diminish its effectiveness. The Prowler's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spider-sense" provides him. His body begins to produce more adrenaline after the sense is triggered, an extension of the 'fight or flight syndrome.' Even when he does not have the use of his eyes, the Prowler can still use his Spider Sense in a similar fashion to Daredevil's Radar Sense to help him see by sensing the direction the danger is coming from by listening on the loudest noise around him.

Radio Frequency Detection: Aaron's spider-sense also enables him to track certain radio frequencies, which he has used to his advantage via his Spider-Tracers.

Organic Webbing: On top of being able to fire webs from his web shooters, his body can also produce natural webbing that is about 10X stronger than the artificial stuff, but he rarely uses it for two important reasons:

1. It requires him to squeeze down on his wrist with his other hand, applying pressure depending on how far he wants the web to go. On top of the pressure, he needs to continuously press down in order to keep the webs coming.

2. The webs that are produced naturally come directly from an area in his wrists (like the way they were produced in the 1st Spider-Man movie) and as they are fired, they cause a massive burning sensation in his wrist, which usually drains him of energy.

He only uses his natural webs when needed (ex. Pinning down the Hulk or gargantuan villains so they can't squash the Spider, creating an extremely durable temporary shield that will hold a falling building so he can try to rescue as many of its residents as possible, etc.)

"Spider-Bite": Due to being a Mutant, Aaron's powers extend beyond that of the traditional Spider-abilities and offer him some more 'unique' ones, such as his stingers. Aaron has a set of two retractable Spider-Fangs between his knuckles, which extend out through the suit. They produce a minor toxin that, when injected into a foe, can paralyze them anywhere between a few minutes to a few days depending on the potency of the venom and their natural immunities. Though he hasn't tried it out of principle; Aaron has hypothesized that a large enough dosage could be lethal.

Abilities/Skills:

"Knows Kung-Fu, can't be denied. And he's got, a genius mind. LOOK OUT!"

(Taken from the Marvel Wiki, with alterations).

Genius-Level Intellect: With an IQ north of 250, Aaron is easily one of the most intelligent men on Neo-Earth. Some of the Earth's most brilliant minds throughout history, such as Reed Richards and Hank Pym, would have acknowledged Aaron's intellect.

Master Engineer: He is an excellent engineer and mechanic capable of fixing almost any, if not all machinery.

Master Businessman: Aikman is extremely well-respected in the business world, able to command people's attentions when he speaks on economic matters by virtue of the fact that he is savvy enough to have, over the last two years, managed to turn his father's robotics company into a multi-million dollar franchise virtually overnight. He is known for the loyalty he commands from and returns to those who work for him, as well as his impeccable business ethics. He also strives to be environmentally responsible in his businesses, and in one case, immediately fired an employee who made profitable (but illegal) sales to The Tinkerer. He states that if he wanted to, he could give away his entire fortune and build it up again within a week. Aikman also happens to be the youngest businessman on Neo-Earth, rivalling the likes of Anthony Stark from centuries ago.

Master Acrobat: Thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium, Aikman is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat.

Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Due to his life being bullied and pranked as a young teenager to acquiring amazing superhuman capabilities and combining them with his scientifically adept and creative mind, Aikman has through time become an excellent hand-to-hand combatant utilizing a fighting style that directly complements his superhuman abilities. His methods are volatile, enabling him to rival practically all types of combatants. Aaron has even been trained by Captain Arcadia in unarmed combat.

Weaknesses:

"Ha! You think I'll put that here? Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. Nope."

Spider-Sense Disruption: The complete and total loss of his Spider-Sense. The usual culprit behind this loss, or immunity to detection by Spider-Sense, is a Symbiote, as their unnatural vampiric abilities are derived from Aaron's own DNA. Thus; his sense does not actually consider them a 'threat'.

Mortal Injuries: Aaron, despite all his resilience and mutations, is still only human. A simple bullet, knife wound, or a peanut going down the wrong tube, could lead to his death. His healing factor isn't fast enough to regenerate mortal injuries, and for the more serious wounds (ie. broken limbs, ribs, etc), it still takes time.

Kiwis (Yes; the fruit): Aaron's allergic.

Equipment:

"Here comes the SPIIDER GEEAAAAAR!"

Prowler MKIII Armor: Based on his own original design, this top of the line nanite-suit is the pinnacle of futuristic crime fighting, possessing all the minor necessities and utilities that Aaron could ever want. Including; a Neural-Reactive Interface, Suit Materialization, Four Retractable Spider-Legs, Self-Contained Environmental Protection, Enhanced Durability, Armored Web-Shooters, a Parachute, and a built-in A.I. system Aaron has lovingly nicknamed "Lyla" (LYrate Lifeform Approximation).

Web-Shooters: Aaron's brilliance at physical science allowed him to create web-shooters for use when he became The Prowler. The twin devices worn on his wrists are able to shoot thin strands of a special "web fluid" at high pressure. It also comes with customizable settings to produce different 'web-variations' (ie. Web Bombs, Web-Lines, Web-Blankets, etc) which become helpful in different situations.

Enhanced Durability: Being made from bio-mechanical nanites with properties similar to Vibranium, Prowler's suit offers him further protection from blows that otherwise would be fatal with his average strength. As a result, he is capable of taking more serious beatings for longer without worrying about his costume tearing or being destroyed.

Utility Belt: Upon first entering the superhero world, Aaron created a utility belt that held extra clips of webbing, Spider-Tracers, and his Spider-Signal. Recently, he upgraded his utility belt to hold cartridges of different types of webbing, freeze capsules, new Spider-Tracers as well as a newly upgraded Spider-Signal that has a UV light setting for forensic analysis.

Spider-Tracers: The Prowler uses small electronic "Spider-Tracers" of his own design that allow him to track objects or individuals. Typically, The Prowler plants or throws one on a departing enemy and follows the target to their hideout. He also uses a launching device in his web-shooters for better range and accuracy. He originally used an electronic receiver to follow the signals of the tracers but later modifies their signal so he can follow it with his spider-sense. He can follow the signal within a 100-yard radius.

Spider-Signal: A powerful light emitted from the Prowler's utility belt to announce his arrival to criminals. Aaron later updated his Spider-Signal with a UV light setting for forensic analysis.

Web Wings: An upgrade that allows the Prowler to glide in the air with a pair of wings that spread from his armpits and extend to his upper arms and thighs. They can be retracted for when he doesn't need them, and are typically only used for when he's too high or not enough places for him to swing from.

Reconnaissance Drone: In addition to altering the suit's size, the spider emblem on his chest is capable of detaching from its socket, utilizing a miniature propulsion engine from its tail section that allows it to fly through the air independent of the Prowler's control. It has a tracker mode which allows it to fly onto a target and relay its position to the Prowler Suit, allowing Aaron to follow targets through the interface of his Web-Shooters.

• Goals:

"I'd like to thank the Academy, all the good people of ALCHEMAX, and of course, my ol'buddy Shocker. This is for you, Pillow-Face!"

"Yeah, baby, YEAH!"

Dislikes:

"Hmm… Not too sure about this..."

Greatest Rivals/Rogues:

"Hey; look at all the people I've pissed off! Man, I just am that good."

-

Theme Music:

"Lyla; COMMENCE THE JAMS!"

Awesome Mix: Vol. 23

prowler_bg_by_herbomanic12_ddef01q-pre.png

25f674dc438820615da05424d7f55c2f.jpg

c6abbdfc03723b16cfa69b05d5bd8b62.jpg
"Life's a beach, better get in the water before you get burned."​

Jessica Arnolds

Ira Aranea

Date of Birth:​
    April 16, 2003

5'8"

123 lbs.

Hair Color:​
    Red

Red

Good traits: Hardy, survivalist, studious, perseverant, observant​
    Neutral traits: Stubborn, secretive, inquisitive, reserved, spirited​
    Bad traits: Vindictive, sullen, mischievous, distrustful, naive​

Jessica's mother was actually the one to be bitten by a radioactive spider, while she was pregnant with the girl, having only conceived her a few days ago. Her mother herself became a spider person and saved the city, and when Jessica was born she saw in her unnaturally red eyes that she was also a spider person. So from the moment of her birth, she hid her away, not knowing her father and simply living with her mother in hiding, not knowing her identity as Spider Mother. She was mostly alone during her toddler years and was able to harness her powers at a very young age, all being honed by her mother and told to hid them. She didn't completely understand why she had to hide them, but she hid them whenever she went out with her mother to shop for groceries and the like. By that point, the city had become corrupt with crime, all ruled by the Osborne Corporation who used corporate politics and tactics as well as their own mafia to keep the city under their knees. Ruled through fear, the city lived with their heads bowed low, but it wasn't until the return of Spider Woman when Jessica was old enough to go to school that they cheered. Jessica recognized the powers and would tell people that it was her mommy, but…well, eventually they were attacked by hitmen and her mother had to fight them off. Scared out of her wits, she realized why she had to hide those identities now and swore never to say a word about them again.
    After wards she lived a normal life, going to school, learning about cooties, learning about her sexuality at 12, kissing girls, the works. While her mother fought off the villains of the city, she went to school and managed to get a childhood sweetheart, Gwen Stacy. But all was not well, the Osbornes never really did forget about the red eyed girl that went to school with their son and their son had complained about the girl he liked being taken by another girl, the one with red eyes. So they arranged for a little…party for their son at 15, one that had the 14 year old almost kidnapped and killed along with the other children at the party. Not everyone was saved by her mother, Spider Mother, and 14 year old Gwen Stacy was one of the victims of that party. Filled with rage, she decided to confront her mother and said she wanted to fight crime too, in Gwen Stacy's name. And her mother, knowing her daughter needed to fly, accepted.
    The two fought crime together ever since, bringing down the Osborne empire and revealing their crimes thanks to Jessica's hacking skills she learned from Gwen. But of course, there was the things left behind by the Osbornes, their experiments and whatnot, that were left running rampant. Jessica eventually found love again at 16 by the name of Mary Jane and the two had been dating for about a year when she and her mother were attacked by the Inheritors. Her mother was fine, she escaped, but poor Jessica was captured and she was not happy about it. Why did her mother get all the luck while she didn't? It wasn't really fair…but she'd better figure out how to get out of this sticky situation like always.​

Webbing creation, super speed, venomous bite that can cause hallucinations of a high caliber, enhanced reflexes, sticky fingers when used properly and when wanting to climb, regenerative healing, high durability

Enhanced eyesight, slightly sharp teeth, detecting through vibration, an eye for art and patterns, limber body, high stamina, intuition

Hacking, weaving, identifying plants, hunting, cooking, cleaning, scavenging, parkour

Fumes of any sort, especially perfumes. They make her so nauseous she can't concentrate at all and just stands there dumbstruck. She when she holds grudges on a person, there's no way she'll cooperate with them and will always argue and question them, even if they're right or it's wasting time to argue. And uh…she doesn't do well with shopping. She wants to buy all the things and hoard it without paying the full price.

To see the Osbornes wiped out in her world, and also get out of the Inheritors' grasp at all costs in the new world

Girls, training her skillsets and powers, learning from her mother, heights, "flying"

The Osborne Corp., experimentation, suave people, tying up her hair, people being irresponsible when there's work to be done

The Osborne Corp. and their experiments, anything that came from the company is bad news

• Nancy Arnolds/Spider Mother
    Mother. Taught her all she knew and how to keep everything a secret, she loves her a lot.​
    Gwen Stacy
    Former girlfriend before she died. Her death was the catalyst to her wanting to save the place she was born in and destroy the Osborne Corp.​
    Mary Jane
    Current girlfriend. Mary Jane knows her secret because she really can't keep it from her girlfriends, but she understands. She cherishes Mary Jane a lot and would do a lot of things for her.​

Mucha-Mo%C3%ABt_%26_Chandon_Cr%C3%A9mant_Imp%C3%A9rial-1899.jpg

7642e3ed9bd235dc483d3b9cd8de3fa5.jpg

Note: This is her natural form.

"All things are but froth and foam upon the sea of change, destined to sink beneath the waves of Eternity."​

• Name: Naunet Mirielis Octavian​

Alias: Dr. Octopus​

Date of Birth: Mercedonius 3rd, 2528 A.U./early January 1998 (her birthdate in Earth time shifts each year, like the date of Easter)​

Height: 5' 4 " (default human form/public identity)​

Weight: 323 lbs​

Hair Color: Black (default human form/public identity)​

Eye Color: Very dark blue with color patterns that seem to shift in eerie ways, and oversized pupils.​

Naunet is quiet and aloof, and avoids eye contact. People (especially those with enhanced senses) can perceive a certain strangeness about her, as if she doesn't truly belong in a universe of right angles, parallel lines that don't cross, and comprehensible mathematics. She seems to feel it too, an almost palpable sense of alienation. She is very sensitive to people's reactions to her strangeness, and must fight an instinctive fear that others will come to fear and hate her, and seek to destroy her because of it. Despite these obstacles, Naunet is curious, open-minded, and eager to learn about others who are different from herself. Naunet is very humble, in her own oddly melancholy way. She knows exactly how utterly, vanishingly insignificant her infinitesimally tiny life is in the face of the fathomless Multiverse of space and time. She can absorb squealing adoration and vicious insult with equal equanimity, knowing that both are only dust in the wind in a Cosmos where dust and wind are themselves but microscopic, ephemeral flickers compared to the endless black Void between the stars.​

Naunet was born on Orth, a world of Steampunk, magic, Fortean high strangeness, and things that go bump in the night. Her ancestors once lived in an isolated New England coastal town called Innsmouth. It was one of those creepy little backwaters that outsiders just don't visit very often. The sort of place that people driving through at night looking for a hotel or gas station...will just keep right on going and cross their fingers hoping they'll make it to the next town. Eldrich, haunted Innsmouth, with its narrow streets loomed over by the sway-backed roofs and sagging dormers of ageless homes and shops, seemingly frozen in time like insects in amber, held a secret.​
    Long ago, some of the fishermen there made a pact with the Deep Ones, alien denizens of an underwater city near their shores. In exchange for certain offerings and an agreement to hybridize with the Deep Ones, the participants would be assured bountiful catches of fish, and receive other treasures from the sea, including gold from shipwrecks. Hybrid children would start out looking like normal human babies, but as they grew, they began taking on more features of Deep One physiology. Those with enough hybrid genes in their family lines would eventually feel the call of the sea, leave the last of their humanity behind, and go to live in the sunken city of the Deep Ones.​
    In 2454 (1924), a visitor came. His grandmother had lived in Innsmouth, but fled the town in search of a more normal life, refusing to tell her descendants what she knew. She was long passed when her grandson received notification of her husband's death, and that there were no other heirs to the estate. He came to Innsmouth to attend the funeral and settle the estate's affairs. Encounters with the town's strangeness, including "misshapen" hybrids drew him first to curious investigation, then to creeping horror. Worst of all for him were the first signs of his own impending transformation, brought on by proximity to the city of the Deep Ones. Succumbing completely to terror, he collected enough evidence to alert the authorities. The military attacked the Deep Ones' city with depth charges in the guise of a "naval exercise," and began rounding up the residents to quietly commit them to an insane asylum, where nothing they said would be believed.​
    This asylum was overseen by the O.S.S., then later by S.T.A.K.E. (Special Threat Assessment for Known Extranormalities, Orth's version of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Occult experimentation and eugenic breeding were undertaken there, to see if the inmates' connection to eldrich realms could be weaponized, and if useful information could be discovered about the Strange Aeons from whence the Deep Ones are believed to have come. The powers of the Strange Aeons proved to be fickle and unpredictable however. It wasn't until the 2520's (1990's) that a sorcerer by the name of Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo was able to make contact with an Entity known as Dormammu, and conjure an army of eldrich abominations in preparation for a sacrificial ritual that would bring Dormammu into the world.​
    This plot was foiled by Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers of Kamar-Taj, who arrived just in time to prevent the Baron from sacrificing a young girl. Sensing that she was a nexus of arcane forces, they took the child back with them to their monastery at Kamar-Taj. Raised in a serene, contemplative environment, Naunet learned with surprising speed. She was taught the martial arts of Wing Chun and Suai Jao, a Chinese grappling style, as well as some elementary techniques of magic. The Ancient One hoped that being high in the mountains and far from the sea, she would not feel the call of her alien ancestry.​
    However, when she reached puberty, she began to change. Her skin developed the ability to change color and texture, and her skeletal structure changed from bone to cartilage. She began to have strange dreams she could only barely remember. Feeling an intense instinctual calling in addition to her strong curiosity, she began trying to sneak into the forbidden areas of the temple library. Through the Mystic Arts, the Ancient One discovered that proximity to the Monastery's collection of magical artifacts was accelerating Naunet's transformation. The Sorcerers feared what she might become if this was allowed to continue. Finally, the Ancient One told Naunet about her otherwordly heritage.​
    Though Naunet did not want to leave Kamar-Taj, she agreed to go to school in the outside world, to learn the arts of Natural Philosophy (science) and engineering magic. The Sorcerers created an identity for her, and taught her Glamour and some transfiguration cantrips to aid in her ability to masquerade as a human. She was sent to school in Anarchist Russia. Naunet excelled at her work, skipping ahead of other students, until she received a doctorate in biology at the age of 18. While researching the ability of squid and octopi to edit their own RNA, Naunet developed a biologically-based method of genetic engineering. Hoping to clear the coal-polluted skies of her world, she created a genetically-engineered seaweed that produced a powerful biofuel she called Nectar, and a fuel cell that could convert it into electricity.​
    Before she could develop ways to produce the fuel cells at scale, Anarchist Russia was overran by a new White Russian Army led by Colossus and backed by foreign support. Naunet was forced to flee to the North American Federation. She found employment with Benjamin Parker & Co. Utilities, an energy company that took interest in her invention. Once Nectar was brought into commercial production, a great rivalry began between Parker's company and Osmond Coal and Petroleum, that came to be called the War of the Fuels. After Osmond's conventional efforts to suppress the invention failed, the Green Goblin attacked, but his initial assault was foiled when Naunet reverted to her natural form and became the superhero Doctor Octopus. The War of the Fuels entered a new dimension, as supers lined up on both sides. Once she'd "come out" as a superhero, Naunet expanded her activities to take the side of the downtrodden, and got involved in radical politics.​
    Naunet's strangeness and political leanings made her a liability in the corporate public relations battle, so Benjamin Parker sent her away on an expedition with his nephew Peter, a "gentleman explorer" and scientist. Peter had learned of legends of an African tribe whose shamans could take on the powers of their spider-god Anansi. During the expedition, Naunet fell in love with Peter, and he seemed to reciprocate her feelings. After months at sea and exploring deep into the jungles of the Congo, Peter found the tribe he was looking for. The tribe attacked, but with Naunet's help, and the troop of well-equipped mercenaries he'd brought, Peter defeated them and seized one of the enchanted spiders used in their shamanic initiation ceremony. The shaman tried to warn Peter that he could not simply seize the powers of an Anansi shaman, but Peter took the spider's bite without going through the tribe's rites.​
    Only then did Naunet discover the awful truth: Peter and one of his mercenaries had attacked first in secret, tricking her into thinking that the tribe were the aggressors; and furthermore, he'd never cared for her at all. She was only a pawn, one that could now be cleared off the board. As his spider powers came into full manifestation, he attacked with his mercenaries, and forced her to flee. But there was one thing the shaman had kept from Peter: Anansi is a trickster god. He got his spider powers alright, but he also began to develop spider features, becoming a hideous hybrid of man and spider, the Arachnoid. In this form, he could never return to his old life as a privileged playboy with super powers as a bonus. Instead, he experimented on the tribespeople, until he discovered a way to turn humans into obedient arachnid servants. Pursued by the Arachnoid's ever-growing spider army, Naunet faced a harrowing journey through the jungles until at last she reached the sea.​
    In a major war called the Arachnopocalypse, the Arachnoid's armies invaded Europe. Millions died before the Arachnoid's forces were driven back into the jungles. The Concert of Europe and a hitherto hidden African civilization called Wakanda joined forces to monitor the borders of the Arachnoid's realm. With conventional victory denied him, the Arachnoid continues to seek domination through subtler plots as an evil mastermind.​
    By the time Naunet returned home, she found that Benjamin Parker had used complex clauses in her employment contract to swindle her out of any further royalties from her inventions, and she found herself penniless. Then she was suddenly abducted, and cast into another world's New York. Due to the chaotic situation, she was able to get a job at a waste-treatment plant, and begin building a Living Machine bio-remediation system to replace the conventional waste treatment systems that were breaking down and having trouble getting the needed chemical supplies.​

Mimic: Naunet can change the color and texture of her skin, and to a considerable extent, the size and shape of her body through a combination of natural biological ability and magical enhancement. She can take on the appearance and feel of any being or object roughly within the size range between an adolescent girl and a Spartan soldier in battle armor (Halo), if she has had the chance to observe it. Her ability to mimic a being gets better as she gets more time to see him/her/it in action. She does not gain the material properties and abilities of the entity she is mimicking, unless those properties derive from its physical shape.​
    For example, if she mimics a soldier in a powered titanium battlesuit, she will look, feel, and sound like a titanium battlesuit, but will not be bulletproof, able to shoot lasers and missiles, etc.. She can cover her skin in small thorns that can penetrate skin, but something like a spike, blade, or horn able to impale someone exceeds her shape-holding ability. She can accurately mimic the look of such a natural weapon, but it would be too yielding to actually function in combat (roughly like a LARP sword).​
    Naunet can alter her throat to mimic a person's voice even if it is out of her normal vocal range, but this requires time and practice for each new voice. Her mass does not change when she is mimicking a larger or smaller object than her normal size.​
    Active Camouflage: This is the same power as above, but applied to making herself virtually invisible. Her chromatophores and skin texture alter to blend her seamlessly into the background. She can still be detected by other means such as thermal vision, sonar, superhuman smell, etc, and there is a bit of "movement flicker" that might be noticed if she moves.​
    Breathe Underwater: Naunet can survive indefinitely in salt water, and for about half an hour in fresh water. After prolonged exposure to freshwater, she needs to immerse herself in salt water or brine.​
    Tentacles: Her tentacles can stretch up to about 50 feet with enough length left over to wrap around a pole or human torso. They are strong enough to lift and throw ~300 lbs, and are considerably stronger in tension. If she has solid attachment points to hang from above, she can lift, swing, and throw a car. Her tentacles can adhere to nearly any surface, comparable to a Spider Totem's wall-crawling ability. She can control all of her tentacles simultaneously, and use them effectively against multiple opponents.​
    Tight Spaces: Naunet can squeeze herself through tight spaces, down to the diameter of a large grapefruit; this takes longer the closer the space is to her minimum.​
    Ink: When threatened, she can generate a noxious, inky cloud that is a skin and eye irritant comparable to a combination of pepper spray, tear gas, and poison ivy in its immediate effects. Humans exposed to the cloud will grow painful boils within a day. Within three days, the boils open to become eyeballs, which flood the victim's mind with views of the world seen in a strange and utterly inhuman way. The eye-boils gradually shrink and go away within about three weeks, but the nightmares may persist... Effects on mutants and non-human beings may vary (player/GM choice). She is immune to its effects.​
    Acute Vision: Naunet can pick up the minutest details in her environment almost instantly. She can notice small and subtle clues, such as tracks and so on like Sherlock Holmes. However, she does not have an ability to "zoom in" for long-range or microscopic vision. Also, her ability to derive meaning from a clue is limited to her knowledge; she could notice a track, but would need to point it out to a skilled tracker so they could tell her that it was made by a man with a limp who was carrying a heavy weight.​
    Swimming: In octopoid form, Naunet can match the speed and maneuverability of a dolphin in water.​
    Damage Resistance: Naunet's vital organs are plural and distributed throughout her body (e.g. each tentacle has a "brain," and her vascular system features multiple blood pumps distributed through her anatomy), so a wound like a gunshot or sword thrust is considerably less harmful to her than to a normal mammal. Her stretchy, resilient skin also offers some ability to resist blunt trauma, and her cartiliginous skeleton will flex rather than break under all but the most extreme stresses. This doesn't mean she can just shrug off a hail of bullets, but chances are good that she'll be able to slink away rather than die.​
    Regeneration: She can regenerate damaged or lost body parts (except for her head) at a "normal" healing rate, comparable to lizards that can regenerate a lost tail or limb.​
    Gaze: Looking deeply into Naunet's eyes, it seems as if the color-patterns of her irises shift and change in ways that the human mind can't quite grasp. Its as if they're moving, but you can't quite see them moving, or offering glimpses of colors humans were not meant to perceive, or perhaps they are changing in ways that require more than three dimensions of space and one of time to manifest. Her dark, over-sized pupils seem to draw one in to the infinite blackness, creating the disturbing feeling that one is looking into the Abyss, and the Abyss is looking back.​
    One may have nightmares of formless, all-consuming darkness, fear of shadows and the dark, and feelings of paranoia or existential angst for some days afterward. If one looks too long, or if Naunet has a few moments of concentration with a captive victim to wield the "active mode" of this ability, the victim is given a direct, immersive perception of the inconceivable vastness and indifference of the Universe, and the utterly infinitesimal insignificance of their own life, even their entire world. Depending on the severity of the effect (in particular, if Naunet is wielding it deliberately) and the strength of the victim's will, the victim may have the psychological symptoms above as a permanent effect, or be reduced to gibbering insanity.​
    Since she cannot deactivate this ability, she avoids eye contact whenever possible.​
    Magical Ability: Naunet is capable of sensing the presence of magic, and can wield it if she knows the required spells, sigils, rituals, etc.. Given a moment to concentrate, she can sense the general type of magic (Light, Dark, Eldrich, Astral, Etheric, etc.), though she can get a false reading if the other Sorcerer has methods of concealing or camouflaging the existence and/or nature of their magic. Currently, she does not know any combat magic (such as throwing lightning bolts, fireballs, and the like). To learn such spells, she would either need to find a teacher, or perhaps something like a grimoire or other item that would be exceedingly rare in Earth-784.​

Eiditic Memory: Naunet remembers everything she sees.​
    Genius: Naunet is a brilliant scientist and inventor in the realms of biology and eco-design, and also has a knack for the occult. She is good at maths and geometry, and is especially talented at "strange" areas such as non-Euclidean geometry and higher-dimensional topology.​
    Swimming: In human form, Naunet can swim with the speed and grace of an athlete.​

Scientific/Magical: Biology, ecology, chemistry (of a more Alchemical flavor than conventional chemistry), genetic engineering. Note: These all include magical aspects, and are related to conditions on Orth. She can perform some basic bio-alchemical processes such as creating tinctures, spagyrics, and elixirs from biological materials, but she does not yet have the consecrated equipment she needs to perform her type of genetic engineering. She does not yet know how to use conventional (modern) genetic engineering equipment. She also has some re-learning to do before she has comparable mastery of Earth biology and ecology, though there is considerable overlap between the worlds.​
    Magical: Glamour and minor transfiguration, which she uses to perfect her Mimic ability. She can temporarily transfigure a thing into something similar (e.g. a sheet into embroidered silk, but not into steel armor or a doll, cheap jewelry into expensive jewelry, etc..). The object remains transfigured as long as it is in physical contact with her. Academic knowledge of magical and occult symbolism. She can draw and "charge" sigils to create "wards" that are able to repel ordinary unwanted spirits and arcane energies, though powerful entities such as demons or djinn can break through. She also has "wards" that act as trip-wires set up to warn her if intruders enter her lair. A magically skilled being may be able to detect and bypass these "wards." She can "enchant" an item (make it capable of storing magical energy), and purpose such items for her scientific/magical work. These processes may require expensive and/or difficult to obtain components, and can require specific ritual timing (under the light of a blue Moon, etc.).​
    Combat:
    Wing Chun: Naunet is skilled at using Wing Chun technique to redirect melee attacks away from her body in human or octopoid form. However, due to the nature of her body, punches and kicks are too "squishy" to be very effective, so she rarely employs strikes.​
    Suai Jao: She is very good at Suai Jao (a Chinese grappling/wrestling art similar to jiujitsu), especially in her octopoid form.​
    Artistic:
    Glass Harmonica and singing: Naunet can play with intermediate skill, though she never performs in public; haunting melodies, accompanied by her equally eerie singing voice can sometimes be heard coming from the hotel at night.​
    Technical Drawing: She has enough skill with technical drawing to produce designs for her inventions, though these usually come out looking more like they belong in an esoteric grimoire than in a modern corporate drafting room.​

Arachnophobia: The bigger they are and/or the more numerous, the worse it gets. Spider suits and symbols are disquieting, but if there are realistic-looking spider legs or robot spiders involved, then eek. Spider webbing in an environment (i.e. Spider-Man cobwebs) is also disturbing to her if she does not know its origin (i.e. if she did not see a Spider Totem produce it). Even if she has, its presence will make the environment unpleasant for her to be in.​
    Need for Moisture: Naunet needs to moisten herself every couple of hours or so depending on humidity. She carries an atomizer of sea water on her person at all times for this purpose. She greatly prefers to do this in private, especially when she is masquerading as a normal human.​
    Vulnerable to Fire: Naunet takes extra damage from fire and heat-related attacks (molten metal, plasma, etc.).​
    Dryness, Heat, and Direct Sunlight: Hot, dry air and/or direct sunlight (like a heating system on full blast, or a summer's day in Phoenix, Arizona) forces her to moisturize herself more often, and can impair her dexterity if she dries out too much. Prolonged exposure will interfere with her Mimic abilities, and ultimately become life-threatening.​
    Must Sleep in Salt Water: Naunet needs to sleep in salt water, either open ocean or a pool or tub large enough to accommodate her body with room to spare and deep enough to submerge in. She can squeeze herself into a 50-gallon barrel of seawater in a pinch, but this leaves her clumsy and a bit punchy the next day, like a normal human who has slept in some uncomfortable situation like an upright car seat or a lumpy old couch.​
    Physically Weak in Human Form: While in human form, Naunet is not able to take advantage of the natural strength of her tentacles, so she has below-average strength for a young woman of her size.​
    Alienation: Due to her unearthly psychology, she is not very good at relating to humans. She instinctively seeks the edges of any crowd. In a team, she is almost certainly the worst choice for the role of Inspiring Leader. She tends to radiate a strange vibe that gives people a feeling that Something Isn't Right about her. Spider-Senses and other relevant superhuman forms of perception (such as an ability to detect magic or otherworldliness) are especially acute in this regard, and may be able to offer warning that she's in the area (i.e. in the same house, set of rooms, or grove of trees) even if she cannot be seen directly, depending on how sensitive and/or trained the ability is.​
    Peculiar Conversational Style: Related to the above, Naunet's speech tends toward the overly multisyllabic, or to odd koans or eerily poetic metaphors. She's not a hit at parties, or anyone's first choice to have a beer with.​

Avoids Eye Contact: Due to the effects of her Gaze (see above), Naunet avoids eye contact with others, which further hampers her ability to operate in social situations.​
    Trust Issues: Naunet has a very hard time trusting other people, or having any confidence that they'll come through for her. She has a very strong feeling that the more "normal" people know about her, the more likely they are to hate and fear her.​
    Naivete: Despite her high intelligence, Naunet is vulnerable to cunning trickery of the sort con artists and shyster lawyers use. Even when she is suspicious (Trust Issues), that doesn't mean she will be able to sort out the nature of the con or be able to outsmart the con artist at their own game.​
    Unfamiliarity With Modern Technology: Since Naunet is from a world that runs mostly on Steampunk/Dieselpunk mechanical technologies and magic, she is mostly unfamiliar with the workings of conventional Earth technology. In the month she's been on Earth-784, she's learned how to do basic things like search the internet with a library computer and make phone calls with a phone, but she can't drive a motor vehicle or use digital technologies to the fullest.​
    Weirdness Magnet: Strange things tend to happen around Naunet. If there is to be a rain of fish or frogs, a manifestation of ectoplasm, the sudden apport of the knucklebone of a Stegosaurus or the like, it will happen when Naunet is present. If there's a local poltergeist, it will choose a time when she is there to say hello. Dimensional portals and magical hotspots are more likely to activate when she draws near. These effects are almost never directly life-threatening or exceptionally beneficial, but can range from highly inconvenient to oddly helpful (if Naunet and/or those with her can figure out how to benefit). Weirdness Magnet effects happen more frequently in areas where magic or other eldrich or paranormal forces are strongest, and are rarer in more "mundane" areas. Naunet has no control over this "ability." Yes, this is an invitation to the GM to make Naunet's life more surreal at will.
    Call of Cthulhu: If Naunet can sense a locus of eldrich power related to the Deep Ones or the Strange Aeon from whence they came, she will feel drawn to it like a moth to a flame. The more powerful and/or close it is, the stronger the attraction. Someone who knows this, and has access to such a locus (artifact, portal, grimoire, etc.) can use it to lure Naunet into a trap. Caveat: the more powerful the eldrich locus is, the more likely its energies will not remain under control, and the more likely things will turn out badly for the person using it, if not the whole world.​

Lair: Since being brought to this new world, Naunet has taken up residence in an abandoned waterfront hotel built in the late 19th Century. The building is a somewhat dilapidated example of Art Nouveau architecture, and can be beautiful or creepy, depending on how the light is hitting it. The hotel had already gone out of business before the Snap, which took the lives of its owners. Naunet has managed to fill a modest kidney-shaped indoor swimming pool with salt water, and started setting up a laboratory. Her "ownership" of the place is dubious at best, but so far, the city has had bigger fish to fry. She has also removed one of the toilets in an Employee restroom near the kitchen and converted it into a bolt-hole she can squeeze through that leads to the sewers, and thence, to the sea.​
    Lab: Naunet is currently working to convert the hotel's restaurant kitchen into a laboratory. She has a Bunsen burner, a refrigerator/freezer (already part of the kitchen), and a basic set of lab glass (beakers, retorts, a condenser, test tubes, and a couple glass stirring rods), and a pill press.​
    Atomizer and Pillbox: She carries an atomizer of seawater with her at all times, and a silver pillbox containing compacted "pills" of mineralized sea salt. One pill can mix with an atomizer-full of fresh water to create the seawater she needs to moisturize herself with. She can make the "pills" in her laboratory using local ocean water. The pillbox can hold 24 pills.​
    Gown and Jewelery: Naunet was abducted with the gown, wrap, and jewelry shown in her picture, including a broach she can use to secure the wrap in various ways (hooded cloak, sari-style, etc.).​

• Create inventions that address world problems.
    • Be a superhero by solving something like climate change or poverty rather than by beating up Costumed Villain #357
    • Find a place to belong
    • Protect the oceans
    • Return to Y'ha-nthlei (the lost city of the Deep Ones). This is a subconscious, instinctual pull, rather than an explicit goal. As far as she knows, Y'ha-nthlei was destroyed, or perhaps it departed for other realms when it was attacked. Its absence is like a hole in her soul.
    • The sea
    • Old shipwrecks
    • Coral reefs
    • The arcane (sacred geometry, mystic symbolism, occult alphabets and the like)
    • The strange and mysterious
    • The joy of discovery

• Large sea predators (sharks, orcas, sperm whales, etc.)
    • Fishing nets
    • Pollution
    • Competition
    • Prickly egos
    • Deceptive people (con artists, corrupt politicians, etc.)

• The Arachnoid
    • Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo
    • The Green Goblin

Theme Music:

• The Ancient One​
    "You were a mentor to me. You were my first image of what a grownup ought to be. I only wish...that you could accept me as I am."​

Last edited: