Sometimes I just hate humanity

By the way, doesn't Christians pretty much believe that everything that happens is in God's plan? Thus I was a part of his plan, even as an atheist. Thus I cannot not have been born. Somehow I'm a part of his plan, that's why Christians should like everyone because they're all part of the plan.
That's what they supposedly believe, yeah; but having grown up in a Christian family, it seems that many have forgotten about "God's Plan", among other things. Which is one of many reasons why I've long since left.
Of course not all of them have, I've also seen a lot of Christians that have managed to stay true to their roots somehow.
I kind of get irked when I read somebody had a bad experience with a person or group and then immediately declare all of humanity awful, because it utterly ignores that most people are generally good and decent, as well as all the wonderful things people do.
I try not to ignore the goodness of other people, but that's hard to do in a world where the negative aspects of society gets more attention than the positive ones. My attitude towards humanity tends to fluctuate as a result.

That's what they supposedly believe, yeah; but having grown up in a Christian family, it seems that many have forgotten about "God's Plan", among other things. Which is one of many reasons why I've long since left.

I try not to ignore the goodness of other people, but that's hard to do in a world where the negative aspects of society gets more attention than the positive ones. My attitude towards humanity tends to fluctuate as a result.

Try to take it day by day, and never forget bad news sells. You hear about something like a mass shooting, and then another a month later and you think that the country's going to hell in a hand basket, but what's quietly buried elsewhere are statistic that violent crime is the lowest it's been in decades despite those incidents. Just because you were handed some face slapping bit of bullshit by some hag who has a fucked up sense of morals doesn't mean she's representative of the population. Dig up some stories about what people do for others, they're out there. Lots of religious folk dedicate a lot of time and money to support their community, for instance. Heck, a lot of online communities will pull together to donate money for a good cause like of somebody needed medical treatment. Never forget that awful people tend to be the loudest, good people tend not to be looking for recognition for doing a nice thing so you don't hear about it as much. But it's always happening all around you.

One quote that always stuck with me was but Jon Stewart after 9/11 happened where, and I'm paraphrasing, he said, "A dozen people flew those planes into those towers, but thousands rushed in to help. I'll take those odds any damn day."

Gimme some money, Dervish.

Canado--

>:[

*goes off to battle the Canadian Asmo*

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
Canadian Asmo's been pounding on my door for a week now. He needs to stop.