Some Xbox 360 games?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
L

Lewi

Original poster
So I'm on a very short budget. As in like a few dollars and was wondering if anyone knew any decent games for Xbox 360? I know typically indie games are rather cheap, and I'm totally game for grabbing a game for a dollar or two but I don't wanna gamble too much on something that I wouldn't like. Any recommendations for some good indie games? Or some relatively affordable Xbox 360 games I can purchase from the online store on my Xbox?

Honestly, I don't play Xbox if I can help it. I usually play on a PS3 and buy old PS1 games from the store, and simply play them. They're usually fairly cheap, and I get to replay all of my favorites. I got FFIX for $5 I think, which is totally worth it for me. I'd have paid $20 for it, but I'm certainly not going to complain.

An Xbox is all I have as far as a gaming console lol

Well. A gaming console that I can buy games from the console with.

I think Xbox has a store as well. (Not entirely sure. Xbox is my husband's thing. We kind of have a console war going on between us. lol)

You might be able to find some older games pretty cheap, although I don't know for sure on that one. I know I tried looking through there once to buy FFXI because I couldn't find the actual disks at any stores, but I didn't look around too much once I realized they didn't have what I was looking for.

Lol. Thanks. I got a gift card for Xbox and I didn't want to waste my money on something not worth buying

There are some amazing deals on Amazon for Xbox 360! The cheapest game I've ever bought from there is Assassin's Creed 1. I got it for 1 penny (not including postage and packaging). Depending on what kind of games you're into and how old the games are, you should be able to find some for very little.

Reactions: Lewi
A few games I can think of off hand are older Call of Duty games, older Halo games, Halo Wars (which is an RTS), Oblivion might be cheap too and it's fun with or without the DLCs.

As for a general suggestion, you could try like a Wal-Mart or GameStop and check their cheaper bins

Some of the big hits that came out as a trilogy are for pretty damn cheap. I've found the Gears of War and Mass Effect Trilogies for 20 bucks a pop.

I bought Oblivion for my 360 and all its DLC from gamestop for only $10

This was also almost 2 years ago

Some big series that are really cheap on Amazon are, but not limited to:
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Call of Duty
  • Mass Effect
  • Borderlands
  • Halo
  • Gears of War
  • Saints Row
  • Resident Evil
  • Battlefield

Some excellent games which I imagine are on the cheap side (some of which I know are cheap now).

Brutal Legend

Dark Void

Alan Wake

WET

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Just to name a small handful of games which are both cheap and have excellent replay value. WET is the shortest in the group though, only about five hours or less of game play but redeems itself with a killer soundtrack and a rather stylized graphical style. Of the list though Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best games I've played. Hell, the entire series is excellent. Dark Void I'd say has about the same qualities WET has in terms of length, visuals and game play. Though it does do some fun stuff which not many games have tread. Brutal Legend is legendary, an open world type game full of absurd events. If you enjoy any of the American McGee games, this should be right up your alley. As for Alan Wake, the base game should be cheap but there are numerous DLC available to continue the main story. Excellent visual styles and amazingly smooth and well optimized game play.

As for indie games, Beat Hazard is fun if you've got plenty of music on your device. Miner Dig Deep is amusing for awhile and is worth it's cheap price, but does become rather repetitive after awhile. I haven't touched many indie games, so my opinion is limited there.

If you've got a Facebook I'd suggest checking out the <City Name> Swap Shop. Most cities have a group just for that.

Since it's near the holidays lots of people are selling things for pretty cheap. Me and the wife are picking up a Queen mattress, frame, and box spring for only 75$. Have seen loads of people selling 360s for 100$ or a bit more and selling plenty of games for incredibly cheap.

Just remember the rules:
  • Always meet in a public place.
  • Never bring more money than you're buying the thing with.
  • Always be suspicious. The worst that's going to happen is they get a little mad that you backed out. Your safety > Their sale.
  • Don't be afraid to ask for specifics. (How much was it used? When was it bought? Original Price?)
  • Check prices online. No one likes being scalped.
We sold an old acoustic guitar last night and the guy was smoking a joint and offered us some. Kinda strange.

Dragon Age is a good game