Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Legate

Original poster
1. What does Iwaku actually mean? Google tells me it means "say" in English but it's barely ever right about stuff.

2. When you create a character for an RP, do you have to submit a character on the little characters tab? Reversely, when you submit a character, are the supposed to be used in a specific RP or can they sit on standby until an RP interests you?

3. Where would be an actual good place to start? I read the newbie care package and the temrs/rules, Roleplay 101, searched the FAQ and even took a peek at the zodiac (neat, although I got the only sign I don't actually understand so well lol) but still find myself a bit confused on where to go first. I would assume to the Group RP plot info/signups, right? Or do I make a character and then have it reviewed in the sign up? Also how does signing up actually work? Do I just show up on the OOC and say "Hey, can I hop in?"

4. Is there a place to just do world building? I love that kinda stuff.

Sorry if these were already answered somewhere in the FAQ and I missed them, feel free to not answer the stupid questions lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Villains and Eru
1. I honestly don't know the answer to this one. I was never really curious about the meaning before now o.o

2. The characters tab, or the Character Gallery, is completely optional. You can use it to store any characters you like, or you can not use it at all. Most groups ask you to fill out a character sheet and post it on whichever thread they've designated for characters. I've honestly never seen the character gallery used for groups, but I do know they're used by some people for 1x1s

3. For groups, the best place to start is to look for recent threads in the Group Brainstorming and RP Search area, or to look for threads with the prefix "Open Signups" in the Group Plot Info and Signups area. The threads in Group Plot Info and Signups generally have rules listed that will let you know how to apply, while for the threads in Group Brainstorming and RP Search, all you have to do is express interest and wait for the creator to make a thread for signups. Just asking in the OOC if you can join is generally a good thing to do, too.

4. Yep! The Content subforum has an area titled Building Worlds that is largely used to store worldbuilding information. You can also make a thread in Showcasing to show off finished worlds.

1. Here, have an old archived thread from a previous admin that sort of explains it: The meaning of Iwaku

3. Joan covered the group side of things. If you're interested in one on one roleplay, the Partner Connections area is the equivalent place to start.

Joan covered 2 and 4 well enough that I have nothing to add to them. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.