1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

So, That Voting

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Pirogeth, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Well it is voting night tonight and this will be the first time I finally get to go out and vote. (since the last time I was moving and I wasn't a resident of my state at the time) So instead of doing the wrong and completely rude thing by bringing politics into this; instead I wanted to know this.

[align=center]What, to you, is important in society and why?[/align]

2. Being able to get your views and ideas out, because nothing will really change if you can't do that. I wanted to go with peace and understanding buuuut, am I even answering right. ><

3. Freedom and free will. >:[

I am totally cool with rules and structure to help keep us safe and organized. You know, the basics about murder and thieving, etc, etc, etc... But the minute a government starts telling me how I required by law to live my life? Fuck no. It's none of the government's damn business what I want to do in life, how I do, etc, etc as long as I am not hurting another person or disrupting the public. No one has the right to tell me how to live.

I already feel like we have a LOT of personal freedom stripped from us in the modern age. :/ I'd hate to see it worse.

4. Equality and fairness, support of knowledge and learning, and a certain degree of awareness and compassion for their fellows.

5. Freedom to think, act, and live how I want!

When the government comes for my guns, I'll give them the ammo first!

6. Stability, I think, is the single most important thing to me, for a myriad of reasons. It's not just personal stability, either. Economic stability is probably the single most important issue facing the US as a country right now. Regard,ess of who you believe, unemployment is still a huge problem. The unemployed, largely, simply can't find work in much the same way that I can't find that dollar bill with Woodrow Wilson on it.

Solving the problem of instability is a huge task, and no one man can be depended on to do it -- especially not alone.