So! Looking for a partner, am I. (Continuing the horror trend! New plot idea!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimsykiller

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
I have this idea. An idea that requires a partner! (Of the female persuasion, for I am a straight guy and this is needed on a story basis.)

This would involve a Samurai Shogunate/Ninja clan/Knight order, and the goal of the story would be thus: A Shogunate/Order/Clan of monster hunters exist. They are there for one purpose, the complete eradication of the mythical beasts that roam the lands. A young, yet prominent and very skilled swordsman/woman (it could be either one of us), who has a bit of a anti-social complex (not in the sociopathic sense, just that they don't enjoy others company) is assigned a student so that he/she may teach the techniques of a slayer.

I was thinking the adventures could be episodic, and every week or couple of weeks (or weekends for me cause I work weekdays and can only really post a few times then) there could be a new kind of adventure, or a new enemy. They could travel the world and hunt these creatures down, so we could also delve into different cultures versions of monsters.

So, this idea would also require a little bit of world building on our part, mostly for the setting and things involving the small details. However, the origin of the world that we would be living in is something I've been working on for quite some time. So...here it is. :D

The world began centuries ago, when two brother gods united to form the world. The eldest brother was only capable of forming and manipulating the physical, and his creations had no life in them. The younger brothers specialty was the manipulation of life-giving energy, and was able to infuse the life the elder brothers creations with a soul.

The brothers did not stop their, creating a place for their creations, and filling it with everything they could ever need to survive. But all was not right between the gods...

The elder brother's jealousy boiled over: he had, after all, had given these creatures their physical bodies. But the people they had both created only came to revere the younger brother, saying that the soul was the more important aspect of their lives.

The younger brother tried to quell his siblings fury, but to no avail. The elder began to create monstrosities that would bring ruin to the world and its inhabitants.

Yet the younger brother did not sit idly by. He taught the people a means of combatting the dark, of pushing it back using the souls they had been gifted with. And so, The War Eternal, as it has come to be called, had begun.

The story premise for the first series of missions I was thinking would be about a city where legend tells of a great demon that exists beneath it, created by the eldest god. It made a pact with the people of the town, however, that as long as music was played constantly, and certain notes were struck, he would rest peacefully.

This has been the way of things for hundreds of years, and there is an entire order of warriors that are dedicated to protecting the fifteen bards that are specially trained in this music. But now, someone, or something, is hunting them down, and specifically targeting the bards. Some people believe the story of the demon to be local folklore, but it is far from that.

So...I have several themes I want to play on with this particular RP:

!.) Horror
2.) Romance OR familial bonding (It would be kinda gross for some insinuated incest to occur. Just...ew)
3.) High Adventure/Epic Fantasy
4.) Lots of action and possible tear jerking moments.

I also don't really use character sheets. Not with this, anyway. I want to develop our characters over a long course of time, but will give initial details to set things up.

So...here's some musts that I need from a potential partner!

Literacy! I understand that people make mistakes, but no 1337/text speak. That's annoying. Post length understandably varies, but as long as it's at least a paragraph of needed description and not overly fluffy with unnecessary things, I can work with that! Also, post frequency is something I like to mention. I do work full time, and with that being said, I am up usually from 6 am est to around 10 pm est. I have maybe a few hours at the end of the day to post something or get things done. I do have several priorities (making sure I have a paycheck to pay for internet is one of them. >.>) so do understand I will not be able to post every day. But I'll make sure to check in, chat for a couple seconds, and will make a conscious effort to have something for you to respond to at a minimum of twice to three times a week! If you're worried I dropped the RP, feel free to contact me about it. I get alerts on my phone for a reason. X3

If interested, please PM me, as that is my preferred form of roleplaying. I also request moderate literacy and post length, because I can't work with one liners. I've tried and failed.

I look forward to hearing from potential candidates. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sarahonfire333
@Apocallama

I love it O_O

I'd be fine with either role, and also fine with playing a female character O_O

So, I had this dream last night. (The night just before this posting, I think it's around 6 am? So I just woke up from it and I needed to write it down. It scared and gave me the creeps. XD)

So...to start off, I'll share to you a poem!

Good Doctor Kadir - by: Anonymous

Come little children, bring me your ears

I'm here to tell you of Good Doctor Kadir

From the far east, he made his journey

To our humble town, he came.

Good Doctor Kadir, his eyes glazed white

would perform illusions, to the children's delight

The parents were cautious, yet optimism would grow

And the Doctor just whispered, "I reap what you sow."

One by one the children left, the parents searching each night

Until not one, not a single child, was left in the Hollows site.

The parents mourned, and the constable's warned, that Kadir was sure to blame

When finding his cabin, the parents mourned twice, for Kadir was nowhere to see.

The only clue, a riddle of sorts, was left upon the door.

It said in red, a message to all, "I'll reap what you sow."

So I think it's a shitty poem. >.>

But this idea gave me the heeby-jeebies regardless.

The story would be thus: In the town of Raven's Hollow, back in the 1800's, a man named Kadir traveled from the far east to be a doctor for the fledgling and prospering town of around 200 people. There, while performing nearly wondrous acts of healing and mysticism for the adults, he would also entertain the children of the town with illusions. The children naturally flocked to him: he was from a far away land, and his accent was funny. But the one thing the children spoke of were his eyes. His glazed over, blinded eyes. Yet the doctor could still see.

Months pass, and a child went missing. Then another. Then another...and so on. It took the parents little time to discover what was happening, and the constables and townsfolk went to confront the man known as Kadir.

But he was gone. All his possessions, all evidence that he'd even lived in the town.

Except a message in red upon the wall: "I'll reap what you sow."

SO! Themes that I'd like to play out in this RP!

1.) Horror (no...say it ain't so!)
2.) Gore (also another no brainer, but it will NOT be tied to the horror. Nor will there be an overreliance on it)
3.)Cursing/explicit content (this means 18+ for the RP. I will NOT do this with someone under that age. This plays on some themes that I find to be of a mature nature, and I require this to be there)
4.) Romance (possibly as a subplot if there's time when we aren't about to be slaughtered)

So that's basically it! It's a rough start, but feel free to message me with ideas and suggestions that you think would be a good thought on the subject and we can brainstorm!

Same stipulations as with initial post: Literacy! I understand that people make mistakes, but no 1337/text speak. That's annoying. Post length understandably varies, but as long as it's at least a paragraph of needed description and not overly fluffy with unnecessary things, I can work with that! Also, post frequency is something I like to mention. I do work full time, and with that being said, I am up usually from 6 am est to around 10 pm est. I have maybe a few hours at the end of the day to post something or get things done. I do have priorities, and can't be on here EVERY day, but I'll make a minimum commitment to a few posts a week, more if I can manage if you're fine with that. XD

Thanks for your time and happy hunting!

Both of these ideas sound really coolio~

Reactions: Whimsykiller
I wouldn't mind doing either one of them with you if you want ~

Status
Not open for further replies.