So...let's talk about a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewi

Original poster
So I found that a majority of people I talked to on here about the game SCP Containment Breach had no idea what I was talking about. This game has so much potential! It's awesome already if they could just get all the bugs worked out, but I find a big lack of people aware of it. What do you guys who know what it is think? Those of you who don't, do you want to know more about it? I'd love to tell you. XD

I'll have to look at it.

The masses of kids who are obsessed with SCP and the legions of really bad roleplays I've seen about it all but axe murdered any curiosity I had for it.

Reactions: Windsong and Asuras
I like it. I don't know if I would ever rp it, and I am not obsessed, but as a person who develops games and is currently working on one, I admire the kind of work that went into it.

I'm not that big of a fan of the game, but I like the whole 'SCP founation lore' thing. I could read the files on that site for hours.

I'm with @Dervish on this one.

The whole SCP thing was fun before it got popularized all over Reddit and people started adding their fanon OCs and other silly things.

The game is a neat idea, but then again, one guy making a game in his free time for free, I won't expect much.

It was spooky, the blinking mechanic was nifty, but I wouldn't do much else than check up on it's dev blog every few months.

It looks like a cheap, mediocre horror game with relatively little replay value.

Honestly, it's another Five Nights at Freddy's or Slender.

I just thought it was really cool. Looking at it from the point of view of the amount of work put into it, it astounds me. I work on developing games as well and it's not an easy trade. I guess that's where my admiration came from lol. I know he's put a shitload of work into it.

It's a fun game for a short period of time, but it gets pretty boring after you beat it. Even if there's new stuff added, itc's not much other than a new monster you'll have to look for.

It looks like a cheap, mediocre horror game with relatively little replay value.

Except it's older than both of those games.

It isn't horrible to be honest, it isn't the best either it needs a good polishing and more SCP's put into it rather than relying on the few that are in it. The mechanics are simple and that's what makes it nice, I think if someone took a decent amount of time to work on it it could be a good game, maybe they could even steam greenlight that shit.

But for now it's just a neat little take on the whole SCP lore in game form.

Last edited:
Thank you. That's what I was trying to say. With some proper polishing it has awesome potential.

I love the game, it's one of the few horror games I actually have the guts to play, next to Five Nights at Freddy's. If it weren't for this game, I would have never gotten into SCP in the first place.

Keep in mind that both SCP: Containment Breach and the two other games you mentioned were almost entirely made by one person, so of course it's not gonna be as polished as some other big title games; but that doesn't make it bad, it just means that it needs some work to make it even better. The people who make these kind of games don't exactly have the biggest budget in the world, nor do they have all the time; they have to deal with what they've got and they do a pretty darn good job of doing so.

I must admit that the replayability of Freddy's and Slender is very small, but to say that Containment Breach doesn't have replay value, though... given its randomly generated nature and multiple endings, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you on that one. Actually, now I must ask, how much have you seen of this game? Clearly you haven't played it for yourself, and I'm starting to doubt that you even know enough about it to give a valid opinion on it. I mean, come on, you didn't even know how old the game is.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.