Skype sucks, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRC chats all the way... They're easy to set up, you can control who's in them, and the clients generally don't cause lag/computer issues. I'm pretty sure xChat even has a mobile version...

X-Fire, it is a small non-assertive chat/gaming tracker which supports group chat (don't remember the details it was years from when I used it last time) and after checking it even has mobile support. It is still not good as Skype but it should be decent even if meant for gamers and clans to use not RPing. That might work.

I have the old Skype on this laptop so I don't care about new Skype and just reject updates.

What? Skype is fucking terrible. It's just that everyone is on it. No seriously, it is a very heavy program for it's functions, it's interface is littered with useless bullshit, oh and living persons can listen in to your conversations. Yeah, you clicked read and agree to that.

Chat programs made to run while gaming, tend to be for less intensive and relatively simple. Teamspeak, raidcall, that kinda thing. It should cover all your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.