Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Agender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Adventure. Angels and demons. Apocalyptic. Arthurian. Comedy. Dystopian. Fantasy. Historical. Horror. Post-apocalyptic. Romance. Science fiction. Supernatural.
This thread, as the title suggests, is a place for us to discuss fictional ships. Tell me some of your favourites, or perhaps some you just have strong feelings about. These pairings can be from any media! Let me know what you like about them. Are they canon? Is it a popular ship? Are you stuck in rare pair hell? What kind of shipper are you in general? Are you someone with a lot of OTPs? Give me all of those details. Maybe share a cute art.

As for myself, I'm someone who is largely neutral about the vast majority of ships that exist. Even the ones I like, I tend to like in a passive way. I'll enjoy them at the moment, but generally don't feel that strongly about them. It's rare for me to like a pairing enough to seek out content for it, even for those I do like. And unless I dislike a pairing, I'll enjoy good art of it or stories that include it. I'm also a multi-shipper, so I can enjoy a character in more than one pairing, and there are certainly cases where I do specifically like more than one pairing for a character. As for specific ships — I'll have to think on that a bit, and come back.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: jarek56
But can one ship ships? Can one long for the holy union of the USS Wisconson to the noble heart of a South African fishing trawler? Can one truly reject the impassioned cries of fog horns bellowing at each other, ships passing in the night, while the car alarms go off and the locals stage more noise pollution protests?

Can a man dream of steely love and excessive sea sickness on the G-d damn Puget sound ferry?

I have a few ships that are pretty standard for canon in series and television shows.

Though, while reading a couple of really popular novel series I've found there's some pairings that I really can't get behind even if they're meant to be the be all and end all. The biggest red flag I have found for some series if when its two problematic characters together and then they just seem to feed into the ever present toxic energy. Or in the rare case; there's some couples that I just don't vibe with people they're either too different or don't benefit each other.

In my eyes, some pairings just need to have that element of levelling each other out. From perspective they could be opposites, but there's something in the middle that makes them compliement each other. Or have some insane chemistry and understanding that can transend the page or screen.

Popular Pairings I Don't UNDERSTAND:
- Tommy Shelby x Grace Shelby (just found them quite problematic, Grace wasn't a favourite and I found her quite unhealthy in how she was the sway to Tommy's character. There was a massive class difference between them and it spelt for "excitement" and then lead to problems)
- Carden x Jude (PROBLEMATIC; they were as toxic and abusive to each other that it really just didn't sell the series to me. I couldn't finish it. I gave up at the first book ending).
- Tyler x Kat (just no thank you).

Some crackships:
- Claire x Dougal in the TV Show (actors have insane chemistry)
- Elain x Tamlin (I honestly just feel like that's whats likely to happen there in SJM series. They just seem to fit each other's aesthetic).
- Jax from Air Awakens (with himself because boi needs to love himself alittle more, understnad bashing on yourself for comedic view but ouch).
- Jack Sparrow x Elizabeth Swan (chemistry between them)
- Gideon and Harrowhark (its the vibe I get, they love to hate each other and I love it)
- Neil x Todd (Dead Poet's Society)

Genuine Pairings:
- Aurora X Kal (Aurora Cycle)
- Cassian x Az (ACOTAR) - they're just a beautiful bromance
- Persephone x Hades (Lore Olypmus Webtoon)

Could add more but they're all I could think of for now.

I have quite a few ships but the one holy grail ship that I've had for YEARS is unsurprisingly Spirk 😂 it was my first ever ship, what lead me into fanfiction and eventually into role-playing. So it holds a very special place in my heart, I will ride or die with this ship 😂 as a result I am not a fan of spock x nyota ship

@So_Much_Fandom and I have had two ongoing ships with at least 10 AU's EACH to their name.. that being its Brody and my Russel and its Misty and my Alice (Brussel and Mice). They're like… my little goobers. So much so, I named my bearded dragon after Brody, and all four are getting a whole fricking comic. I draw nothing but these four and I do not believe it is healthy, but at least I'm enjoying it, 100%!! /pos /gen

Man I have a lot of ships… but there's one ship I love and love to mock. But it's only fun if someone mocks it with me… let's see if I still have it…

MIAKA!!!

TAMAHOME!!!

tumblr_ndpxdoQIoM1qajqiso1_500.gif