Sentience (Apocalyptic War Themed Android Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial Scorpio

K-Pop Addict
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Completely Random
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
I am fine with many genre's so lay it on me and we can decide if that genre will work.
Yes the title is a mouth full but I want people to know what the roleplay is about so they know what they are clicking on to.

IC Thread

The world on the brink of destruction must be saved or else all of humanity will come to an end. Humans already thinning out as the invaders take them and destroy nations. Going into hiding the humans use mass produced military androids to fight the invaders. Scientist trying their best to pump out as many units as they can and each nation having their own specialized units.

You will play one of the androids who fight the alien invaders. Though unlike other units your character will begin to grow sentient. Units from each nation banding together to fight and help one another, instead of being in groups of the same specialty, enabling them to devise strategies to win in combat. They begin to understand the meaning of life and death causing them to fight harder to save the human race.

Each special unit a different color and their clothing, hair, eye's ect will be a shade of the said color. Along with their combat specialty they have a hidden power but upon use equals death.

Red Units: These units specialize in explosives and the such. With basic weapon programming and hand to hand combat. Their hidden ability is Core Meltdown. Upon use they began to heat extremely fast and once at a high temperature they explode causing massive area damage. Used to get rid of mass hordes.
Grey Units: These units can also be colored black to a darker medium grey. Specializing in hand to hand combat they have minimal training in guns but know how to use melee weaponry efficiently. Their hidden ability is Acceleration. Upon use their core speeds up allowing them to move faster and hit harder. After awhile the core heats up too much and they either blow up or malfunction and drop to the ground as nothing but an empty shell.
Green Units: Engineering is their job so they know how to repair units, gear and can hack technology. They have minimal training in weapon use but can still use a gun if need be. Their hidden ability is Electrofield. Upon use a field of energy in a sphere leaves their body and travel up to 10 miles. Anything that isn't an android unit and is electrical malfunctions and the field lasts until the units core overheats. Either exploding or become a shell.
Blue Units: Sniping is easy for these units. They specialize in long range weaponry and have decent hand to hand defense. Their hidden ability is Plasma Lance. Upon use they use their core to store energy, once enough is stored they send out a beam of high level plasma that cuts through anything and can reach hundreds of miles, falling off in width the further it goes. Once used they explode.
Yellow Units: High fire rate is their natural talent. Most quick fire rate weapons have poor accuracy but these units make those bullets hit their mark. Their hidden ability is Gatling Gun. Upon use they create bullets of plasma energy and shoot them from their finger tips with a high fire rate. After their core heats up they explode or malfunction.
White Units: Can also be lighter shades of grey. These units specialize in quick thinking and tactical advantages. Along with that they can link their minds with other units to communicate their plans without them getting out to the enemy. They usually use pistols and other short range weapons for self defense. Their hidden ability is Space and Time Manipulation. Using their core they send out a field that alters space and time itself. Anything that isn't an android will move 50% slower and they can read enemies future movements and strategies. The field is only 500 feet centered around the unit who has to stay in place or the field breaks. After their core heats up they malfunction or explode.

Note that each unit will malfunction or explode upon using their ability but these explosions are not as big as the Red Units. Normal units use their abilities without thought but our sentient units will understand what death is and will only use their ability as a last resort option. As of now these are the units I have thought of but if there is a specialization you felt like I missed let me know. Units in order of expertise in case you need a quicker knowledge of what they do. Explosion Expert, Hand to Hand Expert, Tech Expert, Long Range Weapons Expert, Strategic and Short Range weapons Expert. Not too sure what else I could add but do let me know.

Leviathan: This manufacturer houses the Blue Units factory. It is a medium sized city and one of the few that have remained hidden from the aliens.
Salu: The small town is hidden from the aliens and many travel here to hide, though with growing numbers it will only stay hidden for so long.
Pernus: This large metropolitan city houses the Red Units manufacturer. It is in a constant state of chaos because of its size and many units have to fight off the aliens to keep the city functioning.
Helliard: A small metropolitan city that houses the Yellow Units factory. It has little chaos but every so often aliens come around to strike.
Deckard: Housing the White Units manufacturer this city is in ruins except for very little of the center. What is left is protected by the units and many leave to find a safer home while scientist stay to produce units.
Babalon: Grey units are produced in this medium sized city and is safe so far. Many humans fear the day the aliens come and try to destroy the city.
Estasia: This rural town houses the Green Units manufacturer. Low in population it remains off the radar and the only thing that would bring aliens is the factory.

(I will add more cities but for now I will just have these. I also will try to find a website where I can make a worldmap of the well world.)

photo_902858_thumb.jpg
Along with normal human technology most of theirs relies on an energy not available on the planet. Their ships far more advanced than the planes and shuttles of humans. Plasma is the most common ammo for their weapons along with teleportation and cloaking in camouflage. Electric charged melee weapons seem effective against the androids so caution is needed when dealing with such. The plasma still can pack a punch but it is more dense and physical thus not able to enter the circuits of the androids. Their armor is made of a metal unknown to the planet and many of their technology is analyzed by scientist in order to upgrade androids and weaponry.

The usual grunt wears basic armor and has basic weaponry but the higher the rank the tougher the armor is and the stronger the weapons hit. They also possess smaller ships which are used as means to transport them about the planet below, their larger ships in the atmosphere above out of site for the most part. Their native language can be understood by the androids but to humans it sounds like a jumbled mess.

Name: (Given by themselves), (Unit Number, first letter of color and U-numbers. Green will be GR, Grey just G)
(picture)
Unit Color and Gender:
Appearance: (What shade is their hair, eye's, clothing, ect. Also can add height and wieght.)
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon: (can be a handgun, a knife, something they don't specialize in but know how to use.)
Age: (how long they have been manufactured, the war has been going on for several years but they also could have been made before)
Combat Experience/Background: (How experienced are they and have they been in action for awhile, ect.)
Level Of Sentience: (Not 100%, below 50% but they can still have some sentience going into the roleplay)

(If you use a pic that has different color features but want to use it as a reference to how they look, I am sure we all can imagine them with different eye colors or hair colors.)

Name:
(Picture)
Appearance:
Birthplace:
Personality:
Background:
Combat Experience: (If none put N/A)
Weapons: (If none put N/A)
Other: (Anything else you'd want us to know)

This will involve combat but at times it will focus on the units and their sentience. How they learn to feel and be human. It can also involve little events that help show how they are changing. An example would be saving a human and comforting the child, unlike other units who wouldn't care.

At the end of the roleplay all characters will sacrifice themselves in order to save the human race and defeating the aliens. Though that will be much later on, just warning you so you don't expect them to save the world and live. Heroes often die.

Rules
  1. Everyone says this but Iwaku rules apply.
  2. Be nice to the other players, any arguments should be taken to PM.
  3. Also I will mediate if needed but I won't just cut someone from the roleplay because you dislike them. Unless they are being extremely toxic I will tell you to suck it up or leave.
  4. I expect at least a paragraph for each post. At least 4-5 sentences because not many can work off one liners and if you need help with ideas feel free to ask for help.
  5. There will be no posting order but I do expect people to be patient. Do not post back and forth making 10 pages worth of content that everyone has to read and catch up with. Rule of thumb, wait for one person to post between you or wait until everyone who would be active in the scenario has replied.
  6. Well all make mistakes but do not use text speech. I can stand errors, I cannot stand laziness.
  7. Have fun, if you aren't, talk to us so we can try to make it fun for you before you decide to leave.
  8. I expect a reply once a week, I know life happens so if you will be gone for longer than a week please let us know.
  9. You can have multiple characters but I ask there to be an evenish amount of units. Not 10 red units and 1 blue unit.
  10. Rules can be broken by accident but if you continually break them I will have to ask you to leave the roleplay.

Last edited:
Oooh, multiple characters? This should be fun >:) Question, what's the absolute max for the amount of characters we can have? Also, playing as a human should be interesting and might accelerate their growth in sentience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, multiple characters? This should be fun >:) Question, what's the absolute max for the amount of characters we can have? Also, playing as a human should be interesting and might accelerate their growth in sentience.
As many as a person can handle but I would say starting with no more than two. If I see you can handle more characters then you can add more.

I may add a human character sheet tonight and make that available. After all some would still have knowledge of combat even if the Androids are being mass produced because the Androids haven't been around forever. I would say 5 years prior to the invasion. Which I am thinking it is 2 years into the war by now.

I will also add in what technology the aliens have and what the general alien would have as weapons and combat training. If you think adding in a rogue alien CS who abandons the colony and helps the humans would be cool let me know. I am finally not as stressed and can think more, ideas are coming in and my brain juices are churning. :P

As many as a person can handle but I would say starting with no more than two. If I see you can handle more characters then you can add more.

I may add a human character sheet tonight and make that available. After all some would still have knowledge of combat even if the Androids are being mass produced because the Androids haven't been around forever. I would say 5 years prior to the invasion. Which I am thinking it is 2 years into the war by now.

I will also add in what technology the aliens have and what the general alien would have as weapons and combat training. If you think adding in a rogue alien CS who abandons the colony and helps the humans would be cool let me know. I am finally not as stressed and can think more, ideas are coming in and my brain juices are churning. :P

Gotcha! Thanks for answering!

As for the aliens, can't wait to see what they have. Though to be honest, I would think having a rogue alien would kind of detract from the overall plot and the sentience for the robots plot. But that's just me, not sure what others think.

Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
Name: Claire Rose (RU-3629)
7051248ece052066b0575d3e712786f4--hair-images-a-hotel.jpg

Unit Color and Gender: Red, Female
Appearance: Her hair is more of a rose pink, imagine the color of Lightning's hair in my sig. Her eye's are a dark red. 5'8" (172.72 cm) 170 Lbs (77.1107 Kg) *note she would weigh more due to metal and whatnot.
cfdb353050e6cc4288277e5d2b681c26.jpg
Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle with grenade launcher attachment
Secondary Weapon: Grenades of various types, combat knife
Combat Experience/Background: Having years of experience Claire knows her way around the battlefield. She has been primarily stationed in Pernus for most of her existence. Fighting off the alien invasion but unlike other units she has yet to sacrifice her life. She is part of the third set of RU androids thus she is more advanced than older units who still fight. Her entire life has been stuck in Pernus but she grew curious of the world outside of the city and she sneaked past the borders undetected. Her current location is around the Pernus area and the smaller cities past its boundaries.
Level Of Sentience: 12.7% She can comprehend fear and curiosity, other emotions are unknown to her.​

Working on the aliens and the tech they have, will tell you when the first post is updated with the information. Also will add a human CS. Thank you for the patience.

Oh nice to see the sign up thread up, just a few questions/ideas and I'll probably whip up a CS tomorrow or so.
If androids start to become sentient and develop personality, could it be possible that they start to disconnect from humans kind of like the rouge alien scenario, where some androids abandons their duties assigned by humans and become rouge too. Maybe they dislike with certain human qualities and abandon humanity, cliche but I dunno its just an idea.
Also where do androids get their names, like the human names instead of a code, since they're mass produced it's kind of weird that they have a name like that.

Updated adding in Human CS and basic info about the aliens.

Oh nice to see the sign up thread up, just a few questions/ideas and I'll probably whip up a CS tomorrow or so.
If androids start to become sentient and develop personality, could it be possible that they start to disconnect from humans kind of like the rouge alien scenario, where some androids abandons their duties assigned by humans and become rouge too. Maybe they dislike with certain human qualities and abandon humanity, cliche but I dunno its just an idea.
Also where do androids get their names, like the human names instead of a code, since they're mass produced it's kind of weird that they have a name like that.

If they do become rouge then I will still expect them to be against the aliens but by all means they do not have to like the humans. They could also kill humans but I wouldn't expect them to go around just killing them.

As for their names, they think of them themselves, maybe they see one they like or it comes to mind and they also have a manufactured name which they can reference too if needed. So the less sentient they would most likely give their manufactured name, the more sentient is when they would figure out their name and use it more often than the other. Their name could also be a code name they gave themselves. Originally in my book each unit would have a name referencing the color of their unit. Example a red unit was going to have the name Pink, black would be Noir, ect. Or they can be a name unrelated to their color and maybe their specialty. Example a red unit might call themselves Bang or Boom, a Green might be Medic or Zap because of their tinkering with technology. If you do not want another name by all means just have them be called their manufactured name. Claire Rose is my go to name but Rose can also reference her association with being a red unit, since a rose can be red or pink.

how long has the war been going on??
Somewhere close to 5 years, but some androids could be older and be a part of the first set who defended the humans, before the war there were less androids which were used as protection from normal daily things. Once the war broke out it took about a year for them to upgrade the androids and the current set would be the 6th generation.

Name: GU-0096 (likes to call himself Miyamoto) code name Ronin

Unit Color and Gender: grey male
Appearance: hair is black, his eyes are a light grey shade, height: 6'2 weight: 90kg
clothes: if not in combat gear he normally wears a suit, since he used to be a body guard
Primary Weapon: 2 modified katan blades
Secondary Weapon: a combat knife and handgun
Age: 6 years, originally a body guard designed android. However was upgraded to fight in the war
Combat Experience/Background: Originally designed as a body guard android for a wealthy family, he has had multiple encounters with one on one opponents. However after the start of the war he was bought in for maintenance and converted to a android for the war. He has fought many times and so knows the ins and outs of battle, originally serving near Babylon. GU-0096 has been moved around many times and is currently in Pernus on duty.
Level Of Sentience: 24.3%

(If you use a pic that has different color features but want to use it as a reference to how they look, I am sure we all can imagine them with different eye colors or hair colors.)

Accepted, once a few more people make their CS I will make a tab at the top post to show who all has been accepted.

Do we have to use real life images for the CS or can they be illustration too?

Would gray and green unit serial numbers both start with GU or is there a way to distinguish between them?

Do we have to use real life images for the CS or can they be illustration too?
Illustrations are fine as long as they are realistic. I personally just prefer real pics but anything that resembles a normal person is fine, illustrated, anime, ect.

Would gray and green unit serial numbers both start with GU or is there a way to distinguish between them?
I actually thought of that and was thinking on it, though it would be best to differentiate them so Grey is GU and Green is GRU. Will also add that to the top so people will know.

• Useful
Reactions: Daz

autumn-moon.regular.png

Cxful21WEAA1oLR.jpg

Name:
Effie Lee (WU-145)

Unit Color and Gender:
White & Female

Appearance:
"Ready for anything."
Effie's sense of clothing comprises of a coat, work shirt and a pair of jeans or slacks. One never knows when they are needed for an emergency.

Her hair is a shade of lighter grey while her eyes are of a darker grey, too. She stands at 168cm tall or 5'5". She weighs at a whopping 80kg or 176 pounds due to her body mass attributed to the metal within her.

Primary Weapon:

Twin Handguns

Secondary Weapon:
Twin Machete Knives

Combat Experience/Background:
WU-145 is one of the very few third generation units that have survived since its production 5 years ago in Deckard. Considering her specialty is of tactical manner and defence mechanisms, she was one of the very few that survived and lead the surviving androids (of her generation and after) into combat at her original birthplace of ruins. She has also helped alongside other androids move civilians of Deckard to Salu.

Level Of Sentience:
40.2%
She is able to recognise most expressions and moods having being able to analyse the physical mannerism of a human as well as taking into their account. Most notable moods are sadness, pain, anger, happiness and fright. However, she is not able to feel any of these except for sadness.

Accepted.

For anyone who wants a quick rundown of the units we have, One Red, One Grey, One White. But you can still make one of these colors so don't feel like you have to make a unit of a color who has no player yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.