Sentience (Apocalyptic war themed android roleplay)

Celestial Scorpio

K-Pop Addict
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Completely Random
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
I am fine with many genre's so lay it on me and we can decide if that genre will work.
I have been wanting to write a book about this plot I have in mind but I thought it would be more fun to make it into a roleplay.

The world on the brink of destruction must be saved or else all of humanity will come to an end. Humans already thinning out as the invaders take them and destroy nations. Going into hiding the humans use mass produced military androids to fight the invaders. Scientist trying their best to pump out as many units as they can and each nation having their own specialized units.

You will play one of the androids who fight the alien invaders. Though unlike other units your character will begin to grow sentient. Units from each nation banding together to fight and help one another, instead of being in groups of the same specialty, enabling them to devise strategies to win in combat. They begin to understand the meaning of life and death causing them to fight harder to save the human race.

Each special unit a different color and their clothing, hair, eye's ect will be a shade of the said color. Along with their combat specialty they have a hidden power but upon use equals death.

Red Units: These units specialize in explosives and the such. With basic weapon programming and hand to hand combat. Their hidden ability is Core Meltdown. Upon use they began to heat extremely fast and once at a high temperature they explode causing massive area damage. Used to get rid of mass hordes.
Grey Units: These units can also be colored black to a darker medium grey. Specializing in hand to hand combat they have minimal training in guns but know how to use melee weaponry efficiently. Their hidden ability is Acceleration. Upon use their core speeds up allowing them to move faster and hit harder. After awhile the core heats up too much and they either blow up or malfunction and drop to the ground as nothing but an empty shell.
Green Units: Engineering is their job so they know how to repair units, gear and can hack technology. They have minimal training in weapon use but can still use a gun if need be. Their hidden ability is Electrofield. Upon use a field of energy in a sphere leaves their body and travel up to 10 miles. Anything that isn't an android unit and is electrical malfunctions and the field lasts until the units core overheats. Either exploding or become a shell.
Blue Units: Sniping is easy for these units. They specialize in long range weaponry and have decent hand to hand defense. Their hidden ability is Plasma Lance. Upon use they use their core to store energy, once enough is stored they send out a beam of high level plasma that cuts through anything and can reach hundreds of miles, falling off in width the further it goes. Once used they explode.
Yellow Units: High fire rate is their natural talent. Most quick fire rate weapons have poor accuracy but these units make those bullets hit their mark. Their hidden ability is Gatling Gun. Upon use they create bullets of plasma energy and shoot them from their finger tips with a high fire rate. After their core heats up they explode or malfunction.
White Units: Can also be lighter shades of grey. These units specialize in quick thinking and tactical advantages. Along with that they can link their minds with other units to communicate their plans without them getting out to the enemy. They usually use pistols and other short range weapons for self defense. Their hidden ability is Space and Time Manipulation. Using their core they send out a field that alters space and time itself. Anything that isn't an android will move 50% slower and they can read enemies future movements and strategies. The field is only 500 feet centered around the unit who has to stay in place or the field breaks. After their core heats up they malfunction or explode.

Note that each unit will malfunction or explode upon using their ability but these explosions are not as big as the Red Units. Normal units use their abilities without thought but our sentient units will understand what death is and will only use their ability as a last resort option. As of now these are the units I have thought of but if there is a specialization you felt like I missed let me know. Units in order of expertise in case you need a quicker knowledge of what they do. Explosion Expert, Hand to Hand Expert, Tech Expert, Long Range Weapons Expert, Strategic and Short Range weapons Expert. Not too sure what else I could add but do let me know.

So there is the plot and the units. As for the direction the roleplay will go. It will be full of combat and of course by the end our units will use their abilities to sacrifice themselves to save the humans. Though it won't be all combat and being sentient they talk and have fun together learning how to be human through their journey as the saviors of humanity.​

• Love
Reactions: YuriLucien
Ooh, I quite like the idea of playing androids who gradually become sentient. Let me know if this gets going!

Ooh, I quite like the idea of playing androids who gradually become sentient. Let me know if this gets going!
Will do, thank you for the interest :)

I'd love to get in on this! Sounds super creative and fun!

I like this! I really really like this. I think this is a relatively unique concept you've got here. You have my interest!

I love this idea and I think I already have an old android character that would be perfect for this.

Reactions: Daz
Thank you all for the interest, if I can get like one or two more people then I will make the OOC and sign up thread. Though that is only because I would like to have at least one of each unit type. Not necessary but it would make the team diverse.

• Useful
Just a quick question, should each of us coordinate what kind of units we're playing so that there could be one of each or is it okay to wing it?

It's okay to wing it as long as there aren't 20 red units and like 1 blue. Just want enough people so the possibility of one of each unit is there. But that doesn't mean there has to be one of each unit when we start.

Not a problem, thank you for asking. I am always happy to answer questions.

Thank you for the interest. I will be making the OOC and Sign up thread when I wake up, if my internet is on by then. (Stupid technology making me use my phone data -_-) I can still make the thread via phone but well it will look ugly until I can use my pc.

This sounds pretty awesome, playing Androids who development a consciousness seems like real unique character development.

Gotta go to the store but once I am home I will work on the thread and tag everyone in it. Thank the universe the internet is back.

• Useful