4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Transgender
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy (of all stripes; high, low, modern, etc), post-apocalyptic, sci-fi / space opera, pretty much any "-punk" genre (steampunk, mythpunk, cyberpunk, etc.)
  • before i get into anything, my roleplay intro & expectations are hosted on my toyhouse, so please give that a once-over!
    • do note that there's a couple "security questions" to make sure folks actually do read 'em.
  • roleplay location can be threads or DMs, depending on your preference!
  • this has been cross-posted from the redstar section!
like it says on the tin, i'm looking to roleplay with some furry/anthro characters! any and all species are welcome, both common & unusual alike~

basic gist is i'm mainly looking for narratives with character-centered plots, action-adventure, and some angst. mature topics are also ahead, as i like exploring some pretty dark themes; though i do try and handle sensitive subjects with tact & care.

below you'll find some concepts & plot hooks! i'm also open to other concepts if you've got any in mind~

if anything here strikes your interest, just comment or shoot me a DM!

do note that i'm not likely to respond to just a like/reaction, tho, sorry-

Quick Notes
  • in-universe, i like to give other names for anthro/furry species as a whole, & usually use words like "beastfolk," "kith," or "theriomer / thiriomer / thirio" (taken from the Greek word for "beast"!) to refer to anthros in any given setting. this is mainly just some fun little tidbit i do, not a hard rule!
  • i really enjoy examining how a society of animal-people would work, structurally, to accommodate for beastly features like tails and hooves., as well as deit. not quite beastar levels in regards to the last point, unless we wanna go that far, but i'd mainly want to address things like seating, clothes, & mobility aids!
    • doesn't have to be a major point, but including small details of this is always fun for me :]
  • similarly, i like it when anthro characters are "just some guy, but an animal." a mix of very human tenancies and animal instincts is super fun to play with!
Rough Concepts
  • something that takes place in the world of, or that's inspired by Wanderhome! a pastoral fantasy ttrpg about traveling beastfolk & the bonds they forge along the journey~
    • could have some Lord of the Rings vibes, if we want more action & danger!
  • semi-modern zombie apocalypse plot, but it takes place in a world of anthros/beastfolk & humans. the virus is a version of rabies that many people think only affects beastfolk, or that it originated from beastfolk.
  • something based off Soul Eater?
  • something where the setting is an online mmorpg, with anthro avatars. the narrative focuses on our character's in-game shinagains & adventures. the story would get broken up into whenever our characters are playing the game.
Full Story/Setting Ideas

Anhydrous
  • sci-fi • adventure • post-post-apocalyptic
A sci-fi, post-apoc setting inspired by Sable, Fallout: New Vegas, The Electrum Archive, & the work of artist Moebius, the world of Anhydrous is a giant desert that was once a vast ocean. Something caused it to dry up in the blink of an eye, many generations ago. No one is exactly sure as to why or how, though it's the subject of many myths, folklore, and theories. The anthro denizens all wear masks to denote their societal roles & occupations. These masks also serve as protection against the elements.
One's mask is not only indicative of their occupation, but of their personhood & life story; their whole (public) identity. The face underneath is a sacred privilege to see, as it is considered their deepest & most personal identity. At best, it is socially taboo to view someone's face without their consent/permission — and at worst, it is considered a heinous act. showing one's face is to basically to let someone else "know you" on a fundamental, core level. To do so without both parties' consent is a huge breach of trust and privacy.

• The technology level in this setting varies wildly depending on the region, with some settlements kitted out with high-tech commodities, and others consisting of repurposed, old-world sailing ships.
  • All species are valid for this setting! Marine creatures & insects as well, since character species is more about vibe & design for this~ Bugs and fish are beasts, too!
  • Possibly would want to borrow a fair amount from The Electrum Archive's magic system; Might keep the ink aspect, but I'd want to make it tie in with the ocean in some way.